Chapter 6

Im your doctor.. Listen to me!

"Good morning Ms Yuri" greeted butler lee who just came down to the kitchen

"Morning butler lee"

"Ms Yuri, may i know what are you doing?" asked butler lee while scratching his head

"Oh, im cooking for Sica"
"She hasnt been eating too well since i came back"
"Wanna cook something nice for her"

"Oh"
"Sounds great"
"Anyway, Ms Yuri, has Ms Jessica's fever gone down yet?" asked butler lee, concerned

"Im not sure, last night it went down to 38.4degrees"
"I've yet to check on her since then" shrugged Yuri
"But i think she's gonna be fine, so dont worry about it"
"Im done here, i'll be going up to check on her"
"See you around" smiled Yuri before leaving with her tray of breakfast&pills

In Jessica's room

Yuri tiptoed into Jessica's room quietly, placing the tray of breakfast&pills down on her sidetable before bringing out the ear thermometer that was kept in the drawers of the side table.
Slowly&gently, Yuri inserted the thermometer into Jessica's ears.

*Beep Beep*

"Hmm..?"
"Whats.. that..?" asked Jessica half awake

"Oh you're awake"
"Was just checking your temperature again" informed Yuri as she put back the thermometer into the drawers

"So how was it..?"

"Better i think?"
"Dropped to 37.9 degrees?"

"Oh.."

"Since you're awake, come on"
"I've prepared breakfast for you" smiled Yuri as she sat down on Jessica's bed with the tray of breakfast&pills on her lap.
"Here, i've prepared chicken soup for you instead of porridge"
"Ah~"

"I hate soup Yuri" frowned Jessica with a disgusted look

"I know"
"But if you dont like soup, dont like porridge"
"What are you going to feed on?"
"The glucose IV?" questioned Yuri disapprovingly
"Come on, just drink a little okay?" coaxed Yuri patiently

"I'll just eat the pills"
"I dont want the soup!" protested Jessica

"Sica-ah, if you're going to continue this way"
"Im leaving" threatened Yuri as she stood up&turned around.

"Fine fine"
"I'll drink it i'll drink it"
"I hate you, always threatening me"
"If im dead, i wonder what will you do since i'll be leaving you for long!" complained Jessica as she pinched her nose&gulped the whole bowl of soup down.

"Sica.." warned Yuri
"If you're going to continue mentioning the word 'dead' or 'die' or any related words"
"Im seriously leaving you alone!" scolded Yuri angrily as she walked of the room disappointedly

Yuri's POV

Sica-ah, why cant you just understand how i feel?
You should know how important you are, to me.
Cant you look on the positive side that you'll live through it?

End of Yuri's POV

"I was just kidding.." muttered Jessica sadly after seeing Yuri marching out of the room with her dejected back.
"I'll have to recover fully by Friday.."
"Today's already Wednesday.."
"Friday is the day for Yuri's swimming competition.." said Jessica, making a mental note to her to attend her competition no matter what.

Hours later, Jessica woke up from her sleep again.
She's been sleeping for hours&hours without herself realising it.
After waking up, she realised that Yuri was no longer accompanying her like before.
Wanting to look for her, she walked around the house dizzily to look for Yuri but to no avail.

"Ms Jessica?"
"Why are you here?"
"You are told to have ample bed rest" asked butler lee who saw Jessica staggering around the mansion

"Oh butler lee"
"Great to see you"
"Where's Yuri?"

"Oh, Ms Yuri?"
"She went back to the pool"
"She looks pretty stressed out i think"

"Oh, then get me a car"
"I'll be going there too"

"You sure?"

"Yup, i'll be down in 10 minutes time"
"Dont worry about me just prepare the car"

Within 10 minutes as promised, Jessica really came down to the main door&got up the car that was waiting for her outside.
Jessica had brought an extra set of clothes there, she was preparing something for Yuri.
The journey took about 30 minutes before Jessica was brought to the SM pool.

"Thanks"

"You're welcome, Ms Jessica" bowed the chaffeur before leaving with the car.

Jessica's POV

Yuri-ah,
cheongmal biyaneh.
I didnt mean to say those words,
i thought you would take it as a joke.

End of Jessica's POV

Heading into the pool, there was no one in it except for Yuri.
Who seemed to be swimming furiously in the pool,
as if she's venting all her anger in the pool.

"Gosh, Yuri's really mad at me today.."
"Ops" muttered Jessica guiltily
"Nevermind, i'll cheer her up!" giggled Jessica as she quickly put down her bag&dashed forward into the pool.

*SPLASH*

"Brrr~"
"I didnt know it would be so cold" chattered Jessica as she stayed in the pool waiting for Yuri to finish her current before turning back so that Yuri can spot her.

While swimming back to the other end, Yuri spotted a figure in the pool from afar.

Yuri's POV

Sica..?
What is she doing here..?

End of Yuri's POV

Spotting Jessica in the pool made Yuri swim even faster towards the end.
She wanted to get Jessica out of the pool quickly since its pretty cold for her.
As soon as Yuri got near Jessica, Jessica pounced onto Yuri with a big bear hug.

"YURI!"
"BIANEH!" shouted Jessica cutely
"Dont be angry with me!" hugged Jessica tightly

"Sica-ah"
"You know how much you mean to me right?" asked Yuri
"Then why did you say all those depressing words?"
"I wouldnt let you go"

"I was just kidding.."
"I didnt know you would take it so seriously" explained Jessica

"You cant joke about things like this Sica.."

"Im sorry!"
"I promised i wont do it again!"
"Forgive me?" pouted Jessica with puppy eyes.

"Nevermind, lets get you up"
"You'll get your fever back if you're gonna stay here any longer" said Yuri as she scooped Jessica into her arms&carried her up to the changing room after grabbing Jessica's bag.
"Now, change your clothes, dry yourself properly okay?" instructed Yuri concernly

"Yes mam'!" replied Jessica happily

Yuri's POV

Sica..
I want you to be mine..
Forever..
Should i confess to you&make you officially mine?
We know our feelings towards each other though..

End of Yuri's POV

Two days later, it was finally Friday.
The days where Yuri had her competition.
Jessica was with her all the time, only that Jessica brought her work along with Yuri.
Jessica didnt want her dad to come after her for not doing his work for him.

At the pool, the audience seats were all filled with people in the SM pool.
Jessica could have chosen to sit in the VIP room to view the competition instead of squeezing with the audience.
But she ended up sitting in the audience seats, squeezing with the others who were shouting like crazy,
cheering for their swimmers.
Before she sat there, she went to give Yuri a little encouragement.

"Yuri-ah"
"Gold medal right?" winked Jessica cutely
"I still remember that"

"Of course"
"I'll give you a surprise later after getting my gold medal okay?"
"But are you sure you're gonna sit with the audience?"
"You can go to the VIP room you know.."
"Air ventilation is not that good for you.."

"Shh" said Jessica as she put her index finger on Yuri's lips
"Im your fan today"
"I'll be sitting there so that you can spot me!"
"VIP room you cant see me" smiled Jessica sweetly
"Hwaiting Yuri!"

"Araesso"
"I'll do my Sica proud!" giggled Yuri

Walking out of the waiting room, Jessica went to the audience seat&settled down at the seat.
While waiting for the competition to start, Jessica brought out all her documents to read through.
Jessica was browsing through the candidates that went through the audition for the track&field catergory.
Suddenly, a horn was heard&splashes of the water were heard.
Everyone started standing up&cheering for their swimmers which made Jessica dizzy seeing all the fast paced movement.
So instead, Jessica remained seated&tried to get a better view of the competition.
But before she could see anything, the results for the first round were out.
Yuri got the first place with a shocking timing of only 48 seconds for 100metres freestyle.
Hours slowly passed, it was finally the final competition.
Looking at the conditions, it seemed like Yuri would conquer the gold medal for sure since everyone wasnt her match.

"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."

"The winners are out!" announced the emcee over the Public Address(PA) system.
"The third place is XXX with a timing of 52 seconds"
"The second is XXX with a timing of 51 seconds"
"And now, the first.."
"Its of course our SM sports' legend -KWON YURI with a shocking record of 47.8 seconds!"
"She's getting better&better!"

Cheers around the audience were immediately after Yuri's name were announced.
As promised, Yuri won the gold medal for Jessica.
While standing on the stage, the emcee had a short interview with Yuri.

"Yuri-sshi"
"Chukahae!"

"Neh kamshahamida!"

"Yuri-sshi, i heard you went overseas to study&came back recently"
"I heard you were a top scholar who went to Harvard on scholarship"

"Yup i did"
"It was just luck"
"Im not really a top scholar" said Yuri awkwardly

"Aww, come on"
"There's no need to be so humble!"
"You're so pretty, smart&good in swimming"
"You studied medicine right?"
"What made you wanted to study medicine?"

"Oh, i made a promise with someone i love a lot when i was 7 years old"
"I wanted to make the person feel better whenever that person is feeling under weather"
"That made me want to study medicine"

"Hmm.."
"Its for love!"
"HAHA"
"Alright, audiences, lets have a last round of applause before we send the winners out" cheered the emcee&claps were heard loudly from the audience seats.

After the emcee sent out the winners, Jessica quickly picked up her stuff&headed to the waiting to look for Yuri.

"CHUKAHAE!" shouted Jessica happily as she dashed forward to the wet Yuri.

"Gomawo Sica"
"Give me 10 minutes&i'll be done"
"I've prepared something for you" smirked Yuri

"Araesso"
"I'll wait here for you" grinned Jessica widely

10 minutes later

"Kaja!"
"Come on!" said Yuri happily as she dragged Jessica out of the pool into the carpark.
"Here, get on"

"You got a car?!"
"Since when?!" exclaimed Jessica surprised

"Since i've decided on something"
"I'll be your personal chaffeur&doctor" chuckled Yuri
"Get on now"

"Araesso araesso"

In the car

"Wow.."
"Yuri-ah, your car looks so cool!"
"I want one too" pouted Jessica cutely

"Hahas, nope"
"You cant have one, cause you'll have mine"

"But why does your car smell like the hospital?" asked Jessica who was sniffing around the hospital

"YAH!"
"Stop sniffing like that!"
"I've cleaned the car with antiseptic soap so that its clean&healthy for you to be in it" explained Yuri

"I dont like that smell" whined Jessica

"Uh-uh"
"You must listen to me" said Yuri as she shook her index finger disapprovingly

"Nope!"
"Im going to take my own car next time!" said Jessica with her arms crossed as she cringed her nose at the smell.

"You wont"

"Try me then" challenged Jessica

"YAH!"
"Jessica Jung!"

"Araesso araesso"
"Kidding!" giggled Jessica playfully
"Anyway, why are we here at this orphanage?" asked Jessica as she pointed to the place Yuri's turning into.

"You'll see"
"Come on down" said Yuri as she opened the door for Jessica

Yuri led Jessica into the orphanage&into an empty classroom.
She sat Jessica down at the front seat with a serious expression.

"This is the place i've grown up before meeting you.."
"A special place for me, so now im gonna make it as special for you too" smirked Yuri
"Jessica Jung Sooyeon"
"We've been together so close for 15 years.."
"I know you know how i felt for you.."
"I know how you felt for me.."
"So, instead of keeping everything inside us"
"Can you do the honour of being my girlfriend?"
"I want to proudly tell everyone when we're doing self introduction that we're together"
"Not any childhood friends or best friends" confessed Yuri as she took out a big pretty bouqet of flowers from the teacher's table&place it infront of Jessica.

"Yuri..?"
"I love you.."
"But.."
"You sure about this..?"
"I wont stay with you forever.."
"You know that.."
"I dont want to bring sadness to you.."
"Both of us know that.."
"Its just that we arent accepting the fact.." replied Jessica sadly with a tear falling down her face while she stared at the beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"No, dont think about the future Sica"
"Think about now, how we are now"
"I dont care about the future as long as i have what i have now Sica"
"Please agree to me..?"

"I dont know Yuri.."
"Im afraid.."

"Dont Sica.."
"Dont.."
"See?" said Yuri as she took out the gold medal she had won earlier
"This is my gift for you, being my girlfriend"
"This will be the first, there will be more as time comes"
"Please? I'll love you, take care&cherish you"
"I promise you!"

"I.. guess so..?"
"But Yuri if im going leave you, dont dwell on it for long okay..?"
"I mean if.."

"Thats up to me!"
"Now that you're mine, you're mine forever, araesso?!" said Yuri happily as she carried Jessica&spinned around with her.

*Knock Knock*

"Yuri?"

"Neh?"

In the orphanage's office

"Anyeonghaeseyo"
"Im here to look for Kwon Yuri"
"Is she still here or is there any way for me to look for her?" asked a lady in her early forties

"Yuri?"
"Oh, she left the orphanage at the age of 7"
"But she does come back often to visit us&bring some donations for the orphanage" said the caretaker but another lady came in&whispered something into the caretaker's ears.
"Ah, but she's here today"
"We'll get her here for you"

Few minutes later, a knock was heard&two girls were seen entering the room hand in hand.

"Are you looking for me?"

"Ah yes Yuri"
"We're looking for you"
"Coincidentally, you're here" smiled the caretaker warmly

"So you're Yuri?"
"Yuri-ah.." called the woman in her early forties with watery eyes

"Chosohamida"
"Duguseyo?" asked Yuri politely

"Me?"
"Im your mother.." replied the woman softly with her head down, probably feeling guilty after abandoning Yuri.

"Mother?!"
"Are you kidding me?!"
"I dont even have one ever since i was here"
"Now that im 22, you come telling me you're my mother?"
"Acknowledging me?"
"Are you treating this as a joke?" mocked Yuri sacarstically

"Yuri-ah.."
"Calm down.." whispered Jessica
"At least she came back for you.."

"Yuri, bianeh"
"Omma didnt mean to leave you here"
"Omma was left with no choice!" sobbed the woman in forties
"Omma didnt have the money to support you then.."
"Now omma has money, im willing to give you all my money&assets.."

"I think i'll leave you all to talk" said the caretaker as she left the room.

"What a joke!"
"Now that you've money, you want me back?"
"Do i look as if im in need of money or something?"
"Seriously, dont make me laugh at your stupid excuses" snapped Yuri
"If you're done with your excuses, im leaving"

"No Yuri dont!"
"I really love you, i've been thinking about you everyday ever since i left you here!" cried the woman in her forties

"Oh really?"
"Then cant you even visit me?"
"What about the one who gave birth to me with you?"
"Is he also a bastard like you?"

"You mean your dad?"
"He died while mining for gems.."

Hearing the words that her dad actually was dead made Yuri's heart ache a little for shouting at her biological mother.

"He's dead?" asked Jessica shocked

"Yeah.."
"He's dead years ago.."
"We were working very hard to earn lots of money to bring Yuri back.."
"Now, we've got our own gem company"
"Yuri, will you come back with me?"

"No i wont"
"Thats final!" exploded Yuri as she ran out of the office&orphanage. Leaving behind was Jessica, in shock.

After stoning for a few minutes, Jessica started greeting Mrs Kwon.

"Anyeonghaeseyo Omma Kwon"
"Jessica Jung imida"
"Im Yuri's girlfriend" introduced Jessica politely

"Oh.."
"Anyeonghaeseyo Jessica-sshi.."

"Omma Kwon, dont be too sad"
"I'll help you persuade Yuri to acknowledge you back" offered Jessica with a genuine smile

"Really?!" asked Mrs Kwon happily before something was dripping out of her nose.

"Omma Kwon!"
"You're bleeding!"exclaimed Jessica in shock who quickly took a tissue&helped Mrs Kwon stop her nosebleed.
"You're too stress, omma Kwon"

"Aniyo"
"Its just.. my time arent long Jessica.."
"Thats why i want to pass my assets all to Yuri.."
"Besides, her dad&i set this up for her.."

"What do you mean your time arent long?"
"Are you sick..?"

"If i tell you, dont tell Yuri okay?"
"I dont want Yuri to think that i want to get her back through sympathy.."
"Thats not true.."

"Okay, i promise not to tell"

"Well, i was diagnosed with leukemia years ago"
"I've tried all kinds of treatment but it didnt help at all.."
"So its like im at the last stage now.."
"Doctor says if i cant find any suitable donor, im left with only like two months of lifespan.."

"WHAT?!"
"Im getting Yuri back!" shouted Jessica in shock who was about to head out to look for Yuri when she heard a loud thud behind her.
"OMMA KWON!"
"OMMA KWON!" called Jessica worriedly as she shook Mrs Kwon violently

Yuri's side

Yuri couldnt take it anymore, why is it that something like that would happen to her?
She was fine all along without her parents.
She was fine without her family background, being an orphan was always fine with her as long as she has Jessica with her.
But why did it have to happen this way that someone out of nowhere popped out&wants to acknowledge her?
Why?
All these questions were burning in Yuri's head, but Yuri couldnt find any answer either.
She was just walking&loitering around the road when something caught her attention.

It was a little girl, on the road picking up a little teddy bear.
Then, a motorbike was speeding from behind her.
Her mum who was from afar started running towards the little girl,
wanting to save her from the motorbike.
However, her mum was pregnant&couldnt run fast.
Without thinking, Yuri just dashed forward&pushed the little girl away.

*BAM*

Yuri was on the lying on the ground in groaning in pain.
Fortunately, the motorist stopped on time to prevent more hurt done to Yuri.
If not, Yuri would have flew off some distance due to the strong impact of the bike.

"Agasshi?!"
"Kwenchaena?!"
"Agasshi?!" shouted the mum with her daughter beside her

"Ughh.." moaned Yuri as she slowly sat up.
"Yeah.."

"Do you need me to send you to the hospital or anything?"
"Or contact your family member?"

"No.."
"Just.. hail.. a cab.. for me.." replied Yuri weakly

The pain was seriously too much for Yuri to take.
Few minutes later, the pregnant mum helped Yuri onto the cab&left.
On the cab, Yuri instructed the taxi driver to send her to National Seoul University Hospital.

*PHONE CALL*

"Yoboseyo"

"Sunbaenim.."
"Yuri here.." said Yuri weakly over the phone with beads of cold sweat falling down her head

"Yuri?"
"Whats wrong with you, why do you sound so..pain or weak?"

"Sunbaenime.."
"Can you.. come out.. to the ER.. now..?"

"Araesso araesso"
"Im coming"

*END OF PHONE CALL*

Within a few minutes, a taxi arrived infront of the hospital.
Yuri weakly fished out her wallet&paid the driver before the driver drives off.
Staggering out of the taxi, a tall handsome looking guy saw Yuri&immediately went forward to help her.

"Yuri?"
"What happened?!"

Before Yuri could answer her, darkness took over her.
Around 30 minutes later, Yuri slowly regained consciousness.

"Yuri?"
"Can you hear me?"

"Nickhun sunbaenim..?" asked Yuri weakly as she tried to sit up but felt a sudden searing pain at her abdomen
"Ouch.."

"Easy Yuri.."
"You had 3 ribs fractured.."
"Seriously, what did you do?" asked Nickhun worriedly

Nickhun was Yuri's sunbae, Nickhun too had studied in Harvard but not on scholarship.
Since Nickhun's results were good&his parents were rich, he got to study in Harvard&graduated a year before Yuri.
So he came back to Korea as a doctor.

"Just an accident.."
"Sunbaenim, can you pass me my phone?"

"Oh, your phone"
"Here, it has been ringing for like hell know how many times!"
"I wanted to pick it up for you but decided not to"
"I thought its kinda rude to you know, pick up your call" smiled Nickhun shyly

Unlocking her phone, she was shocked to see 50 over missed calls by Jessica.
And 20 over texts asking her to come to National Seoul university Hospital.
The latest text was,

To: Yuri <3
Yuri-ah! I know you cant accept the fact that your mum came back looknig for you.
She's sick now, with last stage of leukemia!
Should you come&visit her?
I've went to test if im a suitable donor for her.
Im not going to bother if you agree or not, if im a suitable one i could save her life!
From: Sica baby <3

"!" gasped Yuri after she read the message.
"Sunbaenim, gotta go" said Yuri as she plucked out her infus&staggered out of bed.

"Hey Yuri!"
"You cant!"
"Where are you going?!"
"You're injured!"

"Something really important!"
"Thanks sunbaenim!"

Trying to walk as fast as possible despite the searing pain in her abdomen,
Yuri called Jessica.

*PHONE CALL*

"YURI-AH!"
"You've finally returned my call!"
"Where were you?!"
"I was so worried about both of you!"
"Your mum&you!"

"Where are you now?"

"Hospital?"

"Which ward?"

"Oh ward XXX"

"Araesso im coming up"

*END OF PHONE CALL*

At ward XXX

"Yuri?" called Jessica worriedly as she saw Yuri limping into the room
"What happened?"

"You're a pabo ah Sica!!"
"You cant, you cant cant cant donate your bone marrow to her!" said Yuri worriedly pointing to the unconscious woman who was lying on the bed.

"Its not anybody, its not just a her Yuri"
"She's your mum!"

"Mum?"
"She came back for my bone marrow i guess" said Yuri sacarstically

"No she didnt Yul!"
"She came back for you only, its okay if you dont want to donate"
"I'll do it for you" smiled Jessica sweetly
"The doctor will be here any minute to tell me if im suitable"

"Nonononono!"
"Sica!! You dont know how dangerous it will be for you to donate your bone marrow!!"
"You'll risk yourself getting infected!!"

"Its my bone marrow"
"My decision Yul"
"Plus, i've got you, right?"
"You'll alway make me feel better"

"Sica-ah, im not god"
"Medicine is not everything!" exclaimed Yuri as she clutched her abdomen in pain
"Nevermind, i'll talk to you about it later" said Yuri as she sat down on the chair with her eyes closed.

"Yuri-ah, are you sick..?"

*Knock knock*

"Ms Jessica Jung Sooyeon?" called the doctor

"Yup?"

"We're really glad to tell you after going through the test with your blood"
"You are a suitable donor for Mrs Kwon" announced the doctor with a satisfieid smile

"WHAT?!"
"No doctor you cant"
"Dont let her do it!"

"Okay thanks doctor"
"When can i carry out the donation?" asked Jessica ignoring Yuri's words.

"As soon as possible"
"How about this evening?"
"Cause Mrs Kwon cant wait any longer" explained the doctor

"Okay sure"
"I'll do it this evening" smiled Jessica as she sent the doctor off

"YAH!"
"JUNG SOOYEON!"
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"
"WHO IS SHE TO YOU THAT YOU'RE DOING SO MUCH FOR HER?!"
"WHO AM I MEANT TO YOU THAT YOU'RE IGNORING MY WORDS?!"

"She's your mum Yul"
"If donating my bone marrow for her is what i can do to save her, why not?"
"Plus, if you really really dont want to see her or acknowledge her, let me save her&she can manage her company well"
"Without you&we can continue our lives as usual"
"Isnt it good?" reasoned Jessica calmly

"But Sica, the percentage of you getting infected is 70%.."
"I dont want you to.."

"Im sure you got a way out right?" smiled Jessica

"I have of course.."
"But its painful&tiring.."

"Its okay, with Yuri around, everything is fine"
"Just let me save her okay?"

"Sigh.."


*Thought i would release this chapter for you all first.
Sigh, i've got poly orientation tomorrow&im going out now.
I'll try to upload chapter7 later at night.
My chapter7 is already halfway through.
Hwaiting!