Couple Necklace

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

I slumped onto my bed with my hair still slightly wet from my shower and stared blankly at the ceiling. I brought the necklace up to my face but to my dismay, it was longer than I expected it to be. The pendent had swung back and forth and on its way down, the cold silver crashed onto my left eye causing a stinging pain to erupt. I quickly moved the necklace away from my face and my eyelids automatically closed. Seconds later the stinging caused my red eyes to become wet and tears began to form.

I sat up slowly and rubbed my injured eye gently with the back of my forefinger. Opening my eyes had become difficult and all I could do was keep my left eye closed while my right eye roamed around for the necklace case.

I finally spotted it resting on top of my messy desk and meandered towards it.

“Gosh, I really need to clean this up,” I said as I placed the necklace back where it belongs.

I grabbed the small pile of school books which had been left untouched for the past week and placed it neatly in my school bag. My eye was starting to recover and after countless blinks, it was restored to its original condition. Whilst cleaning I noticed some glass sticking out behind a photo frame with my members on it. I moved the photo frame and it revealed a glass piano that was full of dust.

“Hey, isn’t this the piano Aclaire gave me?” I questioned as I blew the dust off and carefully polished it with the hem of my t-shirt.

I held up the piano and stared at it intently. Out of my own will, my mind flashed back to the moment when I experienced my first ever birthday kiss, the moment when Aclaire’s lips made contact with mine.

Without me even knowing, images of Aclaire flashed one by one across my mind. Our first encounter, the way she chased after what she believed was right, the way she stuck up for me when my dad gave me a hard time, the way she allowed me to stay over, how she helped me cover up my identity at school, how she’s keeping my secret…

Her angelic face that glowed when the sunrays shone above her, her never ending cheerfulness, her tears, her laughter, her beautiful smile, her ability to cheer people up, her captivating eyes…

“Stop,”

I took a deep breath and didn’t realise that my heart was beating at an abnormally fast rate. After calming myself, I placed the piano back onto the table and walked out to the kitchen to get myself some water.

I returned into my room and shook my head to erase these images of Aclaire and climbed into bed.

~~~

Ms. Park walked in and quietened the class down. She began to get the roll out and started to call each of our names.

Something was bothering me, I couldn’t concentrate. I was too focused on the girl sitting in front of me. She tied her hair up in a high pony tail and a silver chain rested on the back of her neck. It was a chain very similar to the one I put on this morning in fact.

“-in, Jin,” Ms. Park called.

Jonghyun gave me a nudge and I quickly snapped back into reality.

“Here,” I called instantly.

Home group ended and it was time to advance to the next lesson. Too bad I wasn’t in Aclaire’s class. While walking in the corridor I saw Hyuna turn a corner and started power walking in my direction. I pretended that I didn’t see her and slowly turned around hoping she would walk straight past me.

She didn’t.

“Jin! Hey!” She said cheerfully and clung herself onto me. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a tight hug. I placed an arm on her shoulder to release myself from her but she didn’t move.

It felt like she stayed there for hours and students were whispering and gasping as they walked pass us.

“Hyuna, could you please let go,” I tried to say in the nicest manner I could manage.

She finally released me but then bought her hand up to caress the chain and pendant around my neck.

“This is really pretty,” she complimented as her eyes were fixed on the silver necklace.

“Thanks,” I replied.

She smiled and walked along with me to class.

“Let’s go and eat after school today,” she suggested and had a anticipating smile on her face.

I hesitated to answer and bit my lower lip. “Hyuna, I’m sorry. I’ve got plans today,”

Her face suddenly turned cold. “With Aclaire?” She asked with an annoyed tone of voice.

I wasn’t expecting her to say that, “Er, yeah. Sorry,”

She sighed and nodded her head. “Ok, see you around,” she said and walked off. I felt bad for disappointing her because I’m sure she’s a really nice girl. For some reason though, I had a feeling that she would want to know every detail about me and I’m afraid that I might just accidentally reveal myself if I wasn’t careful.

Hyuna’s POV

Aclaire, again? Can’t she just give Jin some space! Just thinking about her made my blood boil. I walked towards my locker and saw Aclaire coming in the opposite direction. What luck, the person that I didn’t want to see the most happened to be right in front of me.

I glared at her but then I noticed something silver shining on her neck. That necklace looks familiar…

As she got closer, I immediately recognised that pendant. It was exactly the same as Jin’s. Why were they wearing couple necklaces? I immediately felt jealous and although I didn’t want to, my mind unconsciously told me to get rid of that necklace as soon as possible. I couldn’t stop myself, I started to think of a plan where I could take the necklace without her knowing.

I shook my head to rid of the menacing thoughts.

“No! You can’t do that. If Jin found out you stole it do you think he’ll talk to you again,” I scolded myself and walked to my next lesson.

Aclaire’s POV

“Hey, Hyuna’s giving you daggers,” Vanessa whispered to me as we walked along to corridor.

I looked up and realised that Hyuna was staring at me in a cold manner.

“Yeah, I don’t think she likes me very much,” I replied and continued walking.

Earlier today, I noticed that Joon was wearing the couple necklace we received yesterday and that made me extremely happy. I touched the pendant around my neck and thoughts of yesterday bought a huge smile across my face.

“That’s a nice necklace,” Hyosung said when she saw me touching it.

“Yeah, I got it as a gift from helping my Dad model,” I replied.

“Do you mind if I take a closer look?” Hyosung asked and leaned her head in to examine to silver chain more clearly.

Feeling a little embarrassed with her face right against my neck and stepped back.

“Ok, just hold on a sec,”

I bought my arms behind my neck and fiddled with the chain until I found the clasp and unhooked it. I removed it from my possession and allowed Hyosung to hang it between her fingers.

“This is so pretty,” Hyosung said in awe.

She quickly returned it but before I could put it back on someone accidently bumped into my shoulder causing me to flinch and drop it. My heart skipped a beat and I hurriedly picked it back up.

“Phew, didn’t lose it,” I replied and decided that it would be safer if I placed it in my bag.

Suddenly, a loud beep emitted from the school transmitter which was then followed by a long siren. Everyone stood motionless, was there a fire? People started to panic but were calmed down by the teachers as they hurriedly guided us out the building and onto the school oval for safety.

“I hope it’s nothing serious,” Hyosung said.

Everyone nodded. My heart was beating extremely fast as I couldn’t spot Joon anywhere. What if he got caught in the fire? Was it even a fire? What if there was a creepy man running loose in the school? Wait. Then we would be inside, not standing out here.

“Attention, everyone,” the Principal spoke threw a loud speaker and broke through my thoughts. “Unfortunately there has been a small fire in the science labs, but do not be alarmed. A fire truck will be here soon to extinguish the fire. Some good news for you all is that all lessons will be cancelled today,”

I heard some cheers from the students behind me when they heard that we weren’t going to have lessons for the rest of the day. The siren of the fire truck was heard from the distance and at a flash they had arrived. They immediately got out and began to do their job.

I looked around me but Joon was nowhere in sight. I was beginning to get anxious now.

“What’s wrong?” Hyosung asked.

Amongst the hundreds of heads in front of me, I managed to find Joon’s head bobbing in the crowd.

“Oh, nothing,” I said and was totally relieved.

The small fire had now been extinguished and everyone hurriedly went back into the building.

Hyuna’s POV

I stood behind my brother as everyone rushed back inside the building. I spotted Aclaire jogging while something shiny and silver feel out of her bag and landed in one of the bushes. That something happened to be the necklace I saw her wearing earlier.

I was going to pick it up for her but there was just too many people pushing that I couldn’t bend down to retrieve it. Well I was annoyed with her earlier anyway, so this is payback.

Aclaire’s POV

Vanessa and Michelle decided to ditch us and bludge the rest of the day whereas Hyosung and I stayed put at school with Himchan and the others. I really wonder how those two never get caught.

“How was the modelling?” Himchan asked.

“It was good,” I said and nodded in satisfaction.

“So when are the photos coming out? I really want to see them,” Hyosung wailed and made everyone laugh at her desperation.

“It’ll be here in a couple of days,” I assured her.

I took a glance at Joon and realised that he was talking to Kikwang and Daehyun while smiling. That beautiful smile…

~~~

The bell finally rang for the end of the day and the students rushed out the building as if they had to escape a pandemic.

“Hey, can I walk with you?” Joon suddenly asked out of the blue.

“Of course! Why do you need to even ask?” I replied and he gave a shy smile.

“I kind of told Hyuna I’ve got plans with you as an excuse so um… yeah,” he explained and my heart sank a little.

So he didn’t want to walk with me, it was just an excuse to not walk with Hyuna… Does he only see me as someone to use?

****************

Please look forward to the next chapter! xD

As always, thank you for reading and please do comment. I love reading comments! <3

xxx