I'm An Idol, not a Gangster!

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

She offered to help me with my wounds and there was no other option but to follow her. Should I trust this girl? I followed her to a tall apartment building being cautious along the way, just in case those men started chasing me again. We arrived at her front door and she got out her keys. She gestured for me to go in and so I did.

“Stay here while I go get the first aid kit,” she said.

Why on earth was she helping me? Did she even know who I was? I looked around and noticed that her apartment was quite neat and stylish. Covering my cut so the blood wouldn’t drip onto her timber floors, I walked towards the couch and made myself comfortable.

Moments later, the girl came back with a box. She got out a bottle of liquid and started cleaning the cut.

“Ouch,” I said and winced.

“I’m sorry... just bare with the pain for a bit,” she said.

I sat there patiently watching her as she carefully got out some bandages and wrapped them around my arm. How could this girl be so nice to a stranger? Suddenly I remembered that she was waiting for me to pay for my coffee. Maybe that’s why she’s helping me, to get the money back.

“Ok, all done!” she said cheerily, “By the way, I’m Aclaire,”

“Aclaire,” I said to myself. Should I tell her my name? Would she know that I’m Lee Joon from Mblaq…?

Aclaire’s POV

I heard him say my name but he didn’t give a response. All he did was turn his head to face the other way. I really wanted to take that hood off his head to get a look at his face. Maybe he was like some gangster from a gang? I started to panic but just to be sure I grabbed his head and turned it towards me.

“Hey, are you some kind of gangster?” I asked curiously.

Joon’s POV

Gangster? Did she just call me a gangster?

“How am I a gangster?” I asked.

I took my hood off so she could recognise me, “Now do you know who I am?”

She blinked a few times and examined my face closely.

“Nope. I have no idea who you are,” she responded.

Was she serious? I am Mblaq’s Lee Joon and here she is clueless.

“Ok look, my name is Lee Joon. I’m an idol, not a ganster!” I said.

“You’re an idol..? No way!” she said and started laughing.

Was this girl making fun of me now? I raised an eyebrow, she probably noticed because she looked away from embarrassment. At that moment I realised she was still wearing her maid uniform or whatever it was. Ha! She probably forgot all about the coffee money.

“Do you realised you’re still in your work uniform?” I asked.

She looked down at herself and was shocked.

“Oh my god, I am too,” she said while looking at her watch, “No the café’s closed… wait I might be able to call boss and ask him to open it,”

With that she searched for her phone but it was nowhere to be found.

“I must’ve left my phone at Juliette Café,” she said with a sigh, “Can I please borrow your phone? Please?” she pleaded.

I could tell she was desperate. I sighed and took my phone out, “On one condition,”

“What?” she asked.

“You stop presuming I’m this gangster. I’m an Idol. From a group called Mblaq. Remember it,” I suggested.

Aclaire’s POV

So he was an idol, no wonder his name sounded familiar. Althogh I've never even heard of Mblaq. I nodded in agreement and he finally gave me his phone. I quickly entered boss’ number and I could hear his phone ringing on the other side.

“Hello,”

“Boss, it’s me Aclaire,” I said.

“What happened? Are you hurt? Is it from chasing that guy for the coffee money?” he asked worriedly.

Oh right, the coffee money. I totally forgot about it, “Um… well no. You see I left my stuff at the café. I have school tomorrow and my uniform’s there,”

“Oh. Well aren’t you lucky, I’m still at the café cleaning up,” he said.

“Oh my god, thank you so much. I’ll be there in 10 minutes. Wait for me,” I said and hung up, “Thanks for letting me use your phone, I’ll be right back so just stay here and wait,” I told the gangster.

“Yeah I got it,” he replied.

With that I ran out of the house and headed to the Café.

Joon’s POV

I still couldn’t believe that she didn’t know who Mblaq was. Did she live under a rock? At that moment, my stomach started grumbling. All that running must’ve made me hungry. I walked into the kitchen to find something to eat.

I opening the fridge and was delighted to see some left over pizza. I quickly reheated it and prepared myself to eat when the phone suddenly rang. I left it ringing and heard a message.

“Aclaire, this is your mother, Why are you out this late at night? Anyway I have something important to discuss so call me when you receive this message,”

I ignored it and continued to eat the pizza.

Aclaire’s POV

I grabbed my stuff from the café and thanked my boss.

“Did you end up finding that guy?” he asked.

“Um…,” how could I tell him that I’d forgotten about it, “Well you see, he was too fast so I couldn’t catch him,” I lied.

“That’s alright. As long as you’re not hurt, be careful when you get back. It’s quite late,” he said understandingly.

I looked at my watch, he was right it was nearly midnight, “I will. Thanks again,” I said and left the café.

I didn’t notice until now but the streets were really dark, only the dim streetlights illuminated the area. I suddenly felt someone watching me, I turned around but no one was there. My heart raced and I began to quicken my pace while clutching tightly onto my stuff.

The sound of footsteps followed behind me and I was sure someone was following me. I literally started running, the footsteps quickened. Oh no, what am I going to do. I already had a near death experience earlier. I heard someone saying, “There’s no mistake, it’s her,” and started to run towards my way.

Before I could escape a hand clasped my mouth and everything out.

Joon’s POV

Why was that girl taking so long? My phone suddenly rang with an unknown number calling. I hesitated to pick it up.

“Hello,” I said hesitantly.

“Hello, I’ve got your girl hostage. Come downstairs of the apartment you’re in if you want to save her,” he said and hung up.

I was confused, what girl? Oh, wait he couldn’t mean Aclaire! That girl is so troublesome, I just met her and now she’s already causing problems. Even though I knew it was a trap I still went out of the apartment. She was innocent. She had nothing to do with this and besides she helped me. I couldn't just sit here and do nothing. 

I reached the ground floor and saw my Dad’s men with Aclaire.

“Hey, I’m here. Now let go of her,” I demanded.

“Not unless you come with us to see your father,” one of them said.

I took a moment to think. It’s just my Dad. He’ll probably give me one of his lectures on how I’m going to become his successor or something, no harm, right?

“Ok I’ll come now let her go,” I said.

“Men take him,” one of the guys said, probably the leader.

Two men came and grabbed me by my arms, leading me to the group. The leader suddenly hit me across the head with something hard. Damn. I was tricked. My vision blurred and I was unconscious...

****

Chapter 2! Yay!! Sorry for the boring chapter... the beginning is dragging a little right? Anyway i also want to apologise for having all this action. I promise to include more romance between Aclaire and Joon. Also Hyosung is going to appear soon! XD

Once again thank you soo much for reading!! Comment and subscribe XD

xxx