Chapter 2

Accidently Parental

 

Bang Yongguk POV

 

On one fine night while I’m playing games alone in my room, I heard a soft knock on my door. “That Himchan bastard. He left his thing again?” I paused the games and walk to the door, surprisely it’s not Himchan.

“What do you want?”

“Abeoji and omma ask you to come down. They said they have something to tell us.” Yeseul explain.

“I’m busy.” When the door is about to close, a force pushing it open widely again. “What?!”

“Yeah, too busy playing games huh?” She’s lurking inside into my messy space. She then pushes me away and barge in.

“What are you doing?!” She’s storming to my PS3, I tail behind her but I’m too slow and she switches the plug off before I could stop her.

“Guess you’re not that busy anymore.” She cynically smiles as her hand playing with the wire cord.

“Stupid !!! Get the out!!! What’s the point of doing that huh?” This ugly girl got a gut, she don’t give me a damn. She’s a wicked stepsister like in those stupid drama in TV while I’m the good guy who always bullied by her.

“Yesterday you pour water onto my homework, guess that’s the revenge.” She calmly state and sit down on the floor. Yes, I did. I did that because she called me ugly. I’m not ugly. I’m the hottest guy living in earth. Every day, there is always something we must bickering or fighting about. MUST. It’s like our routine. To be honest, I’m the one who is always firing it up. Wait! That’s make me the evil stepsibling right?

Nahhh. I’m the nice guy who’s likes to pick fight with his nerdy stepsister. But in school, we act like we didn’t know each other more than a classmate. Sometime I like to test her patient in school too. Sadly she rarely snaps off. Not until we arrive at home.

“Get out from my room. By looking at your face, it’s making my eyes bleeding. Too ugly.”

“Not until you follow me downstairs. Don’t fight it Yongguk. You know you’re always the loser.”

“What the ? Get out!” I push her tiny body out from my room and lock the door. “Crazy . Get a life!”

“Abeoji!!! Yongguk don’t want to listen to me!!!” Her funny voice is echoing behind the door.

*Ahh this girl! If abeoji come to my room, he will take my PS3. Nooo!* I unlock back the door and give her a glare. “If he’s coming upstairs, you will never see the world again.”

Yeseul chuckle, “Stop it. Just act nice Yongguk.” She said as she walking to the staircase. I close the door behind me and follow her.

Abeoji and Mrs. Han were waiting for us in the living hall. “What’s so important?” I ask them and plopping myself into the coach.

“Okay guys. I know this is shocking. But don’t get surprise okay.” Mrs. Han speak up with excited looking face.

“What is it omma?” The ugly girl is interrupting like always. I look to abeoji, he give me a stupid grin.

“I’m pregnant!”

“What? Omma! Congratulation.” Yeseul get off and hug her mother. Hmm, I wonder how I’m supposed to react. I look at them with my plain straight face. I’m not a happy child at our home. Different with Yeseul, she’s more likely opposite me. Except when she's around the Sungyeol guy. I think she has a little crush on him. She doesn’t really have any other friend.

Aren’t you guys excited about it?” Abeoji asks.

 “No.” I bluntly retort, Yeseul said yes on the same time and she turn to me and give me a not-so-scary glare. I don’t want another evil stepsibling. “I’m going back to my room. Congratulation by the way Mrs. Han.”

“Omma.” Abeoji’s correcting me. I give him whatever sign and go upstairs.

 

 

-----

 

 

Han Yeseul POV

 

 

Time flew so fast. Today is omma and abeoji second anniversary. And Yaejun, he’s 9 month old already. This year is my last year in high school, senior year. So does Yongguk.

 

“Are you going to be alright alone with Yaejun?” Omma ask as she fixing her black long beautiful dress.

“Yes omma.” I confidently nod to her.

“If he’s awake, just feed him his milk okay.”

“Omma, you don’t have to worry. I know what I should do.”

She’s smiling. “And if-“ I cut her off.

“And if he’s still crying, check his diaper. If it’s wet, change it. I know omma. This is not my first time. Stop worrying and enjoy your night with abeoji. You guys should go now.”

“I’ll call Yongguk short afterward. He should be at home by now. This kid never listens to me.” Abeoji complain and take out his cell phone from back pocket.

“We’ll be home nearly midnight.” Omma remind me again for the fifth time. I nod again.

“Take care you guys.” I hug abeoji and then omma. “And omma, you don’t have to worry about anything. Have fun!” I waving and shut the door. I walk to the living room and continue finishing my overload homework teachers gave earlier on the coffee table. Unknowingly I fall asleep shortly after that.

The thud sound wakes me up. I rub my sleepy eyes and saw Yongguk just came home. “Where are you?”

“Go out with my boys and Naeun.” He said as he placed his motorcycle keys on the coffee table near to my pencil case and flung himself onto the soft coach.

“Abeoji told you right to come home early.”

“Yeah. I forgot about it.” I look up to him. His eyes were shut close. He looks very tired. I sigh and continue with my undone work. “What are you doing?” Yongguk shot up and checking my stuff.

“Homework obviously.”

He snatch the book laid in front me. “Oh chemistry. Can you do mine too?”

“No. It’s yours not mine.” I roll eyes to him. He clicks his tongue and rips my book into half. “Yongguk!!!” He evilly laughing to me and put back the book to its original place. My eyes welling up but I can’t cry in front of him because he will make fun of me later. I stand up and pull his hair. “Stupid! That’s my homework!”

“Oww oww oww! Yeseul! Not my hair!!!” He grabs my hand to stop me but I’m possessed by the angry spirit yet make me stronger than ever. My fingers laced with his soft hair and I shake his head violently. I wish his head fall off!

“Yeseul!!! Stop! Ahhh! Stop I said!!!” He’s plea like a little girl. I ignoring him, I will torture him until I satisfy.

Yeajun loud cry stops the both of us. “Your loud voice woke him up!” I punch his muscular arm.

“You pull my hair !”

I glanced at him with fiery eyes before stomping upstairs to Yaejun’s room. Yaejun is crying aloud. “What’s wrong Yaejun?” I pat his buttock to put him back to sleep but he won’t stop crying. He’s face already red. I lift him up and feed him with warm milk. He also refused. “What’s wrong? Noona here.”  

I change his diaper but he’s still crying. Yaejun cry to his fullness. I rock him here and there but nothing change. His cried last more than 30 minutes.

With holding crying Yaejun in my arms, I walk to the staircase. “Yongguk!”

“What?” He appears near the staircase on the first floor. “Why is he still crying?”

“I don’t know. Something is wrong with him.” I worriedly look to Yaejun. The poor baby face is soaking with tears.

“Come down here.” Yongguk waved and I walk down to the living hall. Yongguk is checking on Yaejun who’s within my hold. “Is he having fever?”

“No.” I shake head.

“Hey hey, why are you crying?” He caresses for Yaejun’s cheek. The baby won’t stop. I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He never cried for this long. He’s a good baby.

My cell phone suddenly rings in the middle of chaos. “Hold him.” I pass Yaejun to Yongguk and he carefully takes him away from me. I look behind my shoulder, Yongguk tries to calm Yaejun down.

I look onto the screen, it’s a call from an unknown number. “Hello?”

“Hello. Is this Han Yeseul number?” He asks formally.

“Yes.” I hesitantly counter.

 

 

Bang Yongguk POV

 

 

“Hold him.” Yeseul handed Yaejun to answer the call. I put him in my embrace and secure him carefully. Frankly, I’m not good with baby. I hold him a few times before but I still scare I may lose grab and fall him off.

I take a quick look to my stepsister, she’s frowning. She looks very serious. I lay my eyes back to Yaejun. *Just stop crying please.* It’s very irritated to hear his loud weep.

“Calm down bro.” I softly said to Yaejun. I know he’s still a baby but I hope he understand what I’m saying and stop crying.

Suddenly I hear a clunk behind me and I turn around. Yeseul’s cell phone cracked on the ground and she fall onto her knees in a split second. Yeseul’s tears slowly streaming down and her sobs become louder and louder.

I panicky kneel to her level. “What’s up?” She looks up and hugs me. *Oh great! Now two people are crying and hanging on me. What the is this?*

She’s choking her tears and speaks up. “O-omma.” I look at her confusedly before she continued again. “A-abeoji. T-they’re gone.”