Partners

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

BaekHyun woke up unpleasantly for what he assumed was the second time that day. He felt groggy. His mouth was dry, his eyes were sticky and he could feel sweat running down his face.

He attempted to raise his hand up to wipe the sweat off only to realize that he was chained to a chair.

He looked around with bleary eyes and saw a metal table to his left with several syringes and scientific gizmos that he had never seen before. A monitor on his right was displaying his steady pulse and there was a camera placed directly across him. There was only a single lightbulb above his head and it was pretty dim so he couldn't see far.

"Subject B6.2 is awake," an eerily deep voice announced. BaekHyun could not pin point it's exact location but he didn't have to. A man took a seat next to the table of equipment. "Hello there, BaekHyun."

The boy only stared at the man with wide eyes. "Please don't hurt me," he whimpered in a way that sounded pathetic even to his own ears.

The man shook his head and folded up his sleeves. "I won't hurt you, BaekHyun." He put on rubber gloves and picked up an empty syringe. "I just need you to make the brightest light you can make while I extract some blood."

BaekHyun stared in horror as the man slowly edged closer with the needle-point syringe. "D-don't bring that thing near me!" he pleaded but the man ignored him. He pushed the needle into BaekHyun's arm. The boy only whimpered and closed his eyes, not a single ray of light emanating from his body.

The man sighed and pulled out the syringe. "See Chang?" he shouted abruptly. "You've damaged the merchandise!" He put down the m syringe half filled with BaekHyun's blood and pulled out a box from under the table. From the box, he took out another syringe, but this one was filled with a clear red liquid.

BaekHyun struggled against the restraints as the needle was brought closer and closer to his arm.

"Don't worry," the man whispered, holding BaekHyun's arm in place and the needle against his wrist. "This will only hurt..." The needle slid into BaekHyun's skin, making the boy flinch. "... A lot," the man finished with a smirk as he injected the liquid into BaekHyun's system.

Almost immediately, BaekHyun felt his whole body engulfed in an agonizing pain. He writhed in his seat, being able to put up with the sting... Until it got worse by a tenfold. BaekHyun leaned back into the chair and let out a harrowing bellow, his veins popping out on his neck and his  heart rate spiked, making the machine next to him go nuts. Shortly after his reaction to the drug, a harsh beam of red light radiated from his body.

The man only smirked and picked up another empty syringe at the table. "Excellent," he smirked, extracting BaekHyun's blood as he was tasked to do so.

* * * * *

"Wait so let me get this straight," Tao whispered to Kris as the emerged from the basement SooMan had opened. "If a person got the 'Winning' note, they actually lost so does that mean that they are not going to be transferred to B124AP224?"

"I guess what SooMan meant was that inevitably, the people are going to be transported to B124AP224. The only people who stay behind are those who are actually the top ten of the fitness test. Namely the ten of us," Kris explained. "And the survivors, of course, who could not be contacted by the Officials."

Tao nodded slowly, digesting this newfound information. "It's too bad Lay and Jino didn't make it though.... I haven't seen them for the past few days and I was really starting to miss them."

"They're probably on their way to B124AP224 right now," XiuMin cut in. "Chen and I saw Lay a few days ago and I'm sure Jino's with him. They'll be fiiiiine!"

Tao hummed in acknowledgement.

SuHo cleared his throat. "I guess we should sort out our partners now, right?" Everyone let out their own form of agreement and organized themselves to sit in a circle. "I'll go first then... KyungSoo and Chen," SuHo read from the sleeves of his bag. He passed the bag to KyungSoo who was nearest to him. KyungSoo was also holding a bag and decided to pass it to SuHo while taking his own.

"Chen...?" KyungSoo called out shyly, looking at the 9 other boys he barely knew. The only one he really knew well was ChanYeol since that kid always came to the library and KyungSoo barely went out.

Chen stood up with a smile. "Nice to meet you, KyungSoo," he greeted. KyungSoo looked down at his feet and nodded in reply. Chen smiled wider and took his wrist, pulling him to sit aside as the other names were being called.

SuHo looked at the sleeves of the bag KyungSoo had given him.  "SuHo and XiuMin," he read out.

XiuMin raised his hand eagerly and waved. SuHo returned a wave, just as enthusiastic. XiuMin stood up and read the names on the bag he was holding. "Kris and ChanYeol."

"Oh dear," Kris muttered, taking the bag from XiuMin.

"YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!" ChanYeol cheered, earning icy glares from Tao. ChanYeol pranced over to Kris' side and clutched onto his arm. "This is going to be so much fuuuuuun! We're going to tell ghost stories, sing campfire songs, and you're gonna rap for me because your voice is AWESOME. You're also going to tuck me into bed because I'm scared of the dark and too bad you're not like Bacon because I sometimes need a night light. I wonder where Bacon is though, I haven't seen--"

"SeHun and Tao," Kris interrupted, tossing his bag onto Tao's lap and yanking his arm away from ChanYeol. SeHun came over reluctantly and Kris took his upper arm. "Take care of Tao will you? He's injured."

SeHun nodded slowly and Tao whacked Kris. "Stop worrying about me!" Tao protested. "I'll be fine!"

Kris rolled his eyes and ignored Tao. ChanYeol and Kris also sat aside. Tao hobbled over to Kris' side and took a seat, watching the three remaining figures stand at where the circle once was. Kai stood up and took the bag from LuHan who appeared to be lost in his own thoughts.

"I guess we all know who the final two are," Kai told everyone, eyeing SeHun cautiously as the latter fixed his eyes onto LuHan's slouching figure. "LuHan and..." He paused looking up, noticing that SeHun's piercing gaze had travelled towards him. "... Kai," he finished. SeHun flinched and turned away. Kai bit back a smirk. He couldn't help but feel slightly triumphant despite the fact that he practically just crushed one of his best friend's heart.

Those who had no idea about SeHun and LuHan's history watched in confusion as SeHun left the stadium. LuHan looked up and SuHo stood up. "Kai, I think it's best if you and I change partners," he said. "No offence," he told XiuMin.

"None taken," XiuMin smiled, making SuHo smile back.

LuHan looked at Kai, who had an emotionless look plastered onto his face. "SeHun's not a little boy, hyung, he can stand up for himself." Kai sighed and closed his eyes then slowly opened them again. "And the way I see it, hyung, SooMan arranged us like this for a purpose." He pointed to himself. "I can be there one second and disappear the next, like a shadow," he pointed to LuHan. "He is able to defy gravity with his abilities. These elements cannot be changed, they are consistant." He pointed at SuHo. "Your power is water," he looked at XiuMin. "And yours is..."

"Cryokenisis," XiuMin answered.

"The ability to freeze objects," Kai rephrased. "Water and ice. They are dependent on one another. Without one, you can't have the other." He pointed to Tao. "You can...."

"Stop time," Tao finished.

Kai threw SuHo a pointed look. "Time and wind. The elements of freedom." SuHo rolled his eyes, tapping his foot impatiently as Kai pointed to KyungSoo and Chen. "What are your powers?"

"I can control lightning."

"I can control the ground."

Kai smirked. "Just as I thought. Earth and Lightning. The represent ExoPlanet and the heavens above us. Two complete opposites." He turned back to SuHo. "Hyung, SooMan has paired us in ways where our powers compliment each other. We are both a strength and a weakness to each other. If we were to rearange our pairings, we might upset the balance that SooMan has created for us."

SuHo's furrowed eyebrows rose and his posture loosened up. "I never thought of it that way..." He sighed. "But Kai, that's still not an excuse to diss SeHun like that." Kai said nothing, instead he silently initiated a staring contest with SuHo.

"Now why didn't I think of that," ChanYeol frowned, ignoring the awkward atmosphere that seemingly took over after Kai's explanation. His eyes cast downwards, then he realized a key and a small remote with one button hanging from the bag on Kris' lap. "Heeeeyyy," he slurred and everyone turned to him suspiciously. "SooMan said he had transportation for us right?" He placed his finger on the button. "I wonder what this does--" He pressed the button and the floor at the opposite side of the stadium gave way, showing another set of stairs. "Wow... SooMan sure has a thing for basements," ChanYeol mumbled. He suddenly stood up from the ground. "LAST ONE THERE'S A ROTTEN EGG!" With that, he dashed down the stairs, leaving everyone else severly confused.

"I'm sorry," Chen piped up. "But how old is he again?"


Dang I'm a horrible person. On one end of the story, Bacon and Jino are suffering, SeHun's emo-ing and Kai's ing and on another end the boys are getting chummy with each other perfectly fine and dandy forgetting about their mission temporarily.... and then there's Lay who is wandering ExoPlanet alone.... Dang. Anyway, I'll be sure to add Lay in the next chapter. Wait for me kay?^^

Now, I would like to officially welcome Totsuncool, RoyalAngel93 and xkellyjelly to my story:D Hope you enjoyyyyy~~~

And I now move on to the comment replies:D

@nicute24: Well, Bacon ain't technically fried..... Heeeee^^

@Xcutionist: HERE ARE THE PAIRINGS:D I guess you've noticed by now that they're according to MV^^ And yes, I think you have told me:D Thank you once again. COME LET ME LOVE YOU \^3^/ Hehehehehehe. I will update soon:D Specifically tomorrow so.... Yea... hehe^^

@AlteaAuroraRia: It did :( Poor Bacon....

@ForeverCellist: WELCOME BACCCCCKKKKK:DDDDDDD In my school we don't even have a sting orchestra.... So we can't combine with no one for anything. String orchestras aren't really that common in my country><

@Kironstree: LuKai are partners! Feel free to celebrate with the other LuKai shippers in this story while I get the foodXD

@bubblemilkteaahh: Wow you're good:O LOL

@Aethoria: Kai IS with LuHan. You're welcome:> HEHE^^

@ForeverAPariah: Of course I mentioned you:D It's my tradition to greet new readers:D

@dHaelicious: LOL. You seem to be the only person commenting or showing any concern about Jino... Anyway, I added a little convo between Kris and Tao in the beginning of their appearance to answer your question:D Hehe^^

@yourworstnightmare: LUKAI! YAY!XD LOL. Did I ever tell you your comments are so dang amusing?XD And sorry about the Bacon thing. I wanted to add ChanYeol's fairy on crack character so TA-DAHXD

@PrncssPatty: I'd probably hold him hostage for life if he makes that stare. I cannot take him seriously because he's just so dang cute>v<

That is all for the comments:D Now let me spend a minute crying in a corner about the 2 subs I lostT^T LOL jk. I did lose 2 subscribers but as long as you guys are here.... IIIIIIII~iii~IIIIIII~iiii~IIIII will always love YOOOOOO~ooooo~OOOOOOU! SO COME LET ME LOVE ALL OF YOU\^3^/ UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER~