The Experiments

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

The ten chosen boys sat on a chair each which were located at the bottom of the stairs SooMan had formed.

"So... Now we're under the Stadium?" Chen asked, looking around the dark, plain room.

"Yep," SooMan replied, a giant screen taking form in front of them.

"Whooooaaaaa!" ChanYeol gasped and clapped.

SooMan smirked again and adjusted his glasses. He took note of the boys' seating positions. Kris sat on the farthest right, followed by Tao, XiuMin, Chen, SuHo, Kai, LuHan, KyungSoo, ChanYeol and, lastly on the left, SeHun. Then, he spoke. "First of all, I am glad to inform you that you have all passed the fitness test--"

"I told you!" ChanYeol shouted at Kai, making him jump.

SooMan rolled his eyes. "--and that the ten of you are the closest people we have to the Force in ExoPlanet."

"May I just say, once again, I TOLD YOU!" ChanYeol yelled.

"But what about the fitness test? And the notifications? And what about our families?" Tao asked.

SooMan appeared to be tapping his feet impatiently. That was only a guess because only the top part of SooMan could be seen and he was bouncing slightly. "Maybe if I wasn't interrupted ever so often...." he stated, pointedly staring at ChanYeol. ChanYeol gave him and apologetic smile. "Good. Now." The camera filming him zoomed out and showed another screen in the screen.

SooMan pulled out a pointer and began flashing slides.  "As you all know, a great disaster, henceforth known as the Destruction, occurred just over 3 days ago." The first slide showed. It was just everything SooMan had said, written out.

"Now, the cause of this Destruction was referred to in several mythical books as the Evil." He pressed a button and a masked man showed up on screen. "This is one of their more common appearances." He went through them while pointing out said features. "All-black attire, heavy combat boots, masks covering everything below their eyes,  and hoodies and long pants covering their foreheads and legs respectively. Of course, this is just a theory fabricated from reading several books which we once thought were non-fiction and the event witnessed on the day of the Destruction." He paused. "And that's what you all are here for. We need you to not only gather more information on these monsters, we need you to look for survivors which brings me to my next point."

He cleared his throat. "Your family as well as every other family either has been or will be transported safetly to planet B124AP224 and the fitness test was mostly a setup to look for the Force--"

"I TO--"

"I get it I get it!" KyungSoo groaned, slapping a hand over ChanYeol's mouth. "Please continue."

SooMan sighed and shook his head. "But choosing you was only based on your powers because after the Distruction, several people were injured," he looked pointedly at KyungSoo who appeared to be the most damaged amount the ten. "And we were not so sure that the powers of the Great Legends would be easily detectable. Even so, we had to ensure that it was legitimate. And what a better way to bring out one's fullest potential than to put one's family on the line."

"That's despicable," SeHun muttered.

SooMan laughed. "Despicable, Oh SeHun, but it worked." He clicked his remote and a video popped up.

It was SeHun.... mercilessly beating down a dummy with endless wind attacks, eventually leaving it damaged but still in one piece. He finished it off with one harsh final blow, leaving nothing but random pieces of cloth desprately clinging onto the rope that once held a dummy and sand floating in the air around him.

"Now, I personally was impressed by your performance, SeHun but running on emotions is not a very good way of managing your powers." His comment made SeHun roll his eyes. "Anyway, everyone except the 10 of you were given letters saying that they passed and will be going to B124AP224. So by right, if you lose, you would be safely transported, if you win, you stay here but who would bother to win if that was the case?"

"So that's why Dad told me not to win," LuHan suddenly realized.

"Did you say something LuHan?" LuHan shook his head.  SooMan nodded and continued. "Anyway, let me reiterate your mission. You guys just have to find other survivors that we couldn't find and give us more information on the Evil to work with before the Eclipse, where our powers are at their strongest. With that, we will send well trained and professional troops to evacuate the remaining survivors and fight the Evil by your side and ExoPlanet will be safe for the rest of eternity!" He finished with an explosive gesture and a grin. "Now, for your survival packs."

The floor opened up and 5 small tables rose from the ground. "Inside, you can find water purifiers, a first aid kits, Swiss army knives--a really useful invention from Earth, if I do say so myself--a tent, waterbottles, some dry foods, sewing kit, and pepper spray."

"But there are only 5 bags," XiuMin stated needlessly.

"You'll be going in pairs. Your partner's name as well as yours are stitched onto the bag's slings. Just pick up the bag first and sort out the arrangements later," SooMan explained. SuHo, Kris, LuHan, XiuMin and KyungSoo picked up a backpack each. "There should be keys inside for your mode of transportation as well. And with that, I conclude my talk and I wish you all the best!" SooMan waved. "That and because this is a very confidential matter, this underground facility with self destruct in 10..."

The boys gasped in horror and raced out of the room.

* * * * *

What kind of best friend are you?

Why won't you believe me?

BaekHyun, I trust you! Why can't you do the same?

Bacon?

BaekHyun?

Byun BaekHyun?

I hate you.

"CHANYEOL!" BaekHyun shouted, waking up with a start. A blinding white light surrounded him as soon as he woke up and that was all he could see. "ChanYeol? SeHun? Kai? SuHo?" he called out desperately. "Where am I? Hello? Anyone there?!" With his panic, the light only grew brighter. "HELLO!"

A comforting warmth suddenly engulfed his hand. "Relax," an unfamiliar voice whispered hoarsly. "It's just you."

BaekHyun gasped nervously. "Who-What-Where--"

"Breathe," the voice whispered. "I'm sorry I don't know where we are... but please, calm down. I see you can control light. My name's Jino. I can shapeshift."

"But I c-can't see you."

"Calm down." BaekHyun felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and he could hear a steady pulse beside him. He did as instructed and followed the voice's slow, calming breaths. Eventually, the light died down and he could see a doe-eyed boy just around his age sitting next to him with a soft smile on his face. "Good, you're okay," he croaked. "You've been out for three days now.... Or at least I think it's been three days."

The boy--Jino--stood up and limped over to the stark white bed across BaekHyun who shortly noticed that the whole room was white. Even both of their attires were completely white. "Where are we?" BaekHyun asked again.

"I'm sorry. I really don't know," Jino answered, plopping himself onto the bed with a groan. "I do know that the Evil kidnapped us though..."

"T-the Evil?" BaekHyun repeated dumbly.

Jino nodded with a smile. "Don't you read your legends?" He chuckled. "Anyway, I suggest you go to sleep. They've probably seen you awake now and will be coming after you shortly."

"It's night time? W-what are they going to do?"

"I don't know what time it is. There are no windows in this whole facility and no clocks either. Just sleep when you want to, eat when you're given food, do what they tell you and you'll be fine."

"You're just going to go with this?!" BaekHyun demanded.

"Shhhhh," Jino hissed in reply, his eyes pointedly darting to the camera at the opposite corner of the room that BaekHyun hadn't noticed before.

The door beside Jino's bed suddenly opened. "Byun BaekHyun, come with us," a lanky man in a white coat demanded. BaekHyun shied back into the wall with a whimper. The man sighed. "So stubborn." He snapped his fingers and two masked men barged in and took BaekHyun by his arms.

"Jino? JINO!" The white light blinded him again. "JINO!" He struggled desperately against their hold. "Jino, what are they going to do to me? Don't let them take--" He was cut short when a needle suddenly stabbed him in the chest. The light faded just in time for him to see the man in the white coat removing the syringe from his chest and putting it in his pocket. "Jino?" he moaned for the last time before his head drooped and the men went out, locking the door behind him.

Jino peaked at their retreating figures from the small window at the door. "DON'T HURT HIM!"

A sudden jolt of electricity stung his wrist, making him recoil. "Shut up," a metallic voice called from the speakers at the corner of the room.

Jino looked resentfully at the cuff around his wrist then let his eyes stray to the little red dots and lines spreading into his sleeve. "Please keep him safe," he silently prayed.


DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN. That's all I'm going to say about this chapter. The rest is up to your imagination~

But for now, tell me: There are 10 people who passed the fitness test. If you need a recap there's Kris, Tao, XiuMin, Chen, SuHo, Kai, LuHan, KyungSoo, ChanYeol and SeHun. They need to go in pairs so who should go with who?

I have actually already chosen the pairs but I just want your opinions and guesses okay?^^ Hehe.

Now! Welcome to the story ForeverAPariah, BlossomB, SadisticReborn and hunnybunny_2!:D I hope you guys enjoy the story:D

Comment replies time~~~ YAY! (I'm sorry for seeming too happy despite the somewhat sad chapter... It's been a good day today^^)

@nicute24: I have updated:D And glad that you likey:D Feel free to tell me when you no likey too so I can improve:D

@Kironstree: OMG I feel so bad nowD: I hope you don't mind the BaekYeol shipper in me><

@aZn_sw3in: No, it's Bacon and Jino but hey, here they are now:D Hehe^^

@Xcutionist: There he is!^^

@SadistReborn: I found our dear Bacon boy! But he's not looking too good...D: And only 10 because the Officials haven't been reading their legends><

@Pollution: Inspired by his creepy pedosmile 8D Hehe^^ Glad you like em^^

@PrncssPatty: YAY BACON! And you didn't have to wait long because here he is!

@Aethoria: Thank you^^ I'll be sure to keep you at the edge of your seat!

Until the next chapter!!!!!:D Bye~~~