Reunited

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

"... And I was hoping, maybe when this whole mess is over, we could hook up some time," ChanYeol stuttered, twiddling his thumbs then messing up his bed head. "I mean! You don't have to if you don't want to! Just... Let's just try it out." He held out his hand. "Wait for me?"

"Whoa whoa, slow down there lover boy, I mean I think we'd make a wonderful couple but we just met!"

ChanYeol met ChangMin's eyes in the mirror. "Oh, hyung! You're awake!"

ChangMin smirked, taking a sip of his coffee. "And you're confessing to my mirror." He sauntered over and nudged the younger boy away to admire his reflection. "Why are you confessing to my mirror?" he asked, eyeing ChanYeol. "You were with BaekHyun the whole day and you didn't say anything?" ChanYeol shook his head. "Well tell him! He's just upstairs! BYUN BAEK--"

ChanYeol gasped and smacked a palm over his lips. "I'll take care of it when this is over!"

ChangMin glared and pried away ChanYeol's hands. "Fine, whatever, it's your problem." He took a sip of coffee. "Just don't you dare let this bug you when you're transporting my people or I will render you unable to biologically mantain life."

ChanYeol nodded, eyes wide.

"Mmmmorning~" BaekHyun greeted, descending down the stairs, Jino trudging behind him. "Were you calling me, hyung?" he asked, referring the ChangMin.

ChangMin smiled. "Nope," he shook his head. "Why don't you have breakfast? There's food in the kitchen. Just help yourself."

Jino and BaekHyun smiled sleepily. "Thank you, hyung!" Jino said with a bow and headed to the kitchen with BaekHyun.

"I'll go check on the other rescued people," ChanYeol announced, watching BaekHyun and Jino in the Kitchen.

ChangMin had assigned seven trusted families to take three rescued males each. ChangMin himself had taken Tao, Jino and BaekHyun. ChanYeol was not so happy about that, though. He was okay with the "Tao" part and loved the "BaekHyun" part.... But the "Jino" part....

BaekHyun looked up, hearing ChanYeol's announcement, to find him halfway out the door with his jacket slung over his shoulders, still in his borrowed PJs. "But what about breakf--"

"Later."

The door slammed shut and ChangMin rolled his eyes, finishing his coffee and dumping the mug in the kitchen sink. "I gotta get going too," he told Jino and BaekHyun. "Gonna gather the people for the transportation."

BaekHyun held up an apple. "Breakfast--?"

"Coffee," ChangMin answered, pulling on a cardigan, also still in his sky-blue PJs. "Oh and can you guys do me a favour? Wake Kris up. Tell him we're leaving in two hours. Kay, thanks, bye!" The door was closed for the second time that morning.

* * * * *

XiuMin watched in dismay as his sharp icicles melted into the ground after a few minutes of putting them up. SuHo sighed and patted him on the back. "Why don't we just let Yuri and Yoona work on the exterior defence? We'll save your powers for later."

Yuri was the one person in camp who could bend objects to take on a different form of the same material and Yoona could duplicate objects. Together, with help from a few other survivors, they were lining the stadium with long metal poles created and duplicated to form a fence. The stadium was only halfway covered and SuHo doubted it would really do any significant good but had hoped it would slow down whatever was coming their way.

This act of stepping up security in the area came about when SeHun showed him Dana's prediction. According to SeHun, her predictions were very accurate and although SuHo never got to witness her accuracy, he trusted his cousin who at that moment was back at the medical tent having another session with Lay and Dana sitting at the sidelines to watch.

"Kai's coming back later," Dana suddenly stated, letting her legs drop from their curled position on the chair she was sitting on.

SeHun looked at her then back at Lay. That reminded him of why he had gone to see Lay the other day. He meant to ask about LuHan's condition and he would ask again at that moment but he couldn't afford to distract Lay. His skill was something that needed to be mastered so SeHun didn't answer. He could have though. Lay was so concentrated he didn't even notice that Dana had said anything.

SuHo came into the room to see Lay glaring at SeHun's face in a concentrated manner. With a chuckle, he put his index finger between his eyebrows, making Lay look up in confusion. "Maybe you're trying too hard." He stood up straight and looked around the medicine cabinet. "Do we have a towel? I need an ice pack but since we have XiuMin and no ice pack, figured a cloth with ice inside would suffice."

"One of the poles collapsed so he has a bruise on his forehead," Dana explained.

"Here, let me see it," Lay offered, reaching out his hands to move SuHo's bangs aside.

SuHo took his wrist and smiled. "No, it's alright. Nothing too bad. Just focus on healing SeHun--" A gust of wind interrupted him and his bangs flew upwards, showing off an angry red dot on his forehead. SuHo glared at his cousin who just shrugged. "Just try to heal SeHun's face, I'll fix this myself."

Lay walked forward with an outstretched hand levelled with SuHo's forehead. "But bruises are easier to heal and besides, your is one dot on your forehead, SeHun's injury is on half of his face--"

"Exactly!" SeHun agreed, a little to enthusiastically. "If he's going to start, he's got to start at the basics." He stood up with a stretch. "Well, see you then!"

SuHo patted down his bangs. "Hey get back--"

Lay forced SuHo onto the spot where SeHun once sat. "Sit down."

"But I need to run--"

"No, you don't," Lay interrupted, brushing SuHo's bangs away. "Just sit down and let me heal this so you can get back."

"But you can't even--" Lay ignored him and placed a hand on SuHo's bruise. "It's not going to--"

"With you talking? Of course not so shut up."

Meanwhile, SeHun was making his way to look for HyoYeon, who was the camp's resident cook. It would be a lie if he said he wasn't happy that SuHo replaced him. He was significantly happier and was instinctively making a bee line that he didn't notice someone in front of him.

"Oomph!"

"Ouch!"

SeHun got up first then helped the man up. He stood up and bowed, giving SeHun a bright smile. "Sorry about that. Hey, um... I was hoping to find food somewhere in the premises, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?"

SeHun narrowed his eyes at the shorter, unamed man. "Yea, I was just heading there."

His chinky eyes widened and his smile widened. "Oh really? That's awesome! Let's go there together!" He pointed behind him. "You were heading that way right? So the food is that way? Do you have chicken?" he asked enthusiastically, then clapped. "Oh, and by the way, I'm Lee Jinki. But people call me Onew." He held out a hand.

SeHun stared at his hand. He had been to the stadium several times and he had stayed there since the day Tao was missing, and although the collective time isn't that long, he knew every single survivor at camp, especially since he and Tao brought most of them.... But 'Onew'? Who the heck is he?

With his unsettling thoughts, he had unintentionally sped up the wind, forcing Onew retrieve his hand and to hold down his, long, unruly hair. "The weather today is kinda strange today, isn't it?" SeHun continuted staring at Onew, making him feel slightly uncomfortable. "I-I never caught your na--"

"Onew hyung!"

"Oh! Kai!" Onew called.

SeHun and Kai exchanged eye contact. Kai smiled. "SeHun! You're okay!... Or not really. What happened to your face?"

"And you're here," SeHun stated blankly, though also trying to hide the relief in his voice to see the boy alive.

"Yea, got our first five survivors!" Kai grinned proudly, ingnoring SeHun's lack of enthusiasm. "You've already met Onew hyung. Then there's Key hyung, Jonghyun hyung, Minho hyung and Taemin hyung!"

SeHun gave a thumbs up. "Hey, we were just going to go eat," Onew told Kai. "Would you like to join us?"

Kai nodded. "Yea, sure let me just get the others I'm sure they're hungry too--"

"Onew hyung!"

Kai smirked. "Speak of the devils." But only one person was there.

LuHan whacked Onew's arm. "I told you to wait for us!"

SeHun internally smiled at LuHan's appearance. He's okay, he thought, relieved. His hair had grown out a little more, he looked slightly skinnier, he looked really tired but he was alive and well. SeHun was too busy studying LuHan's features to realize that the boy was actually talking to him.

"Huh?" SeHun asked dumbly.

"I asked if you're okay," LuHan repeated, pointing to SeHun's face with a concerned frown.

"I'm fine," he muttered, looking at LuHan's position with Kai. Kai had his arm around LuHan's shoulders while LuHan had an arm around Kai's waist, tracing a line where his hand reached the other side of Kai's hips. His features darkened and he looked away. "You guys should probably go tell SuHo you're here. He's in the medical tent. I'll take Onew hyung to eat."

Without waiting for a reply, he left LuHan and Kai.

* * * * *

"He's not of age, sir."

"I beg your pardon?"

"He's too old to be one of the reincarnated."

"But he can control fire!"

"It's probably just a coincindence, sir."

"..."

"Sir?"

"Is he concious?"

"Yes, sir."

"Then perform the Extraction. Have the hybrids been sent out?"

"Yes, sir."

The boss smirked behind his fingers. "Good."


I seriously want to reply to all of you guys and welcome all the new readers but I am really really tiredT^T I've been having a fever for the past three days and it shows no signs of going way:<

The rate of my updating dropped from a max of 3 chapters in 1 hour, to a max of 1 chapter in 3 days... OTL

I honestly don't even know if this chapter made sense anymore and I may come back to edit this but I felt bad for leaving you guys hanging and I know Kai and LuHan barely make an appearance but I'm trying my best. I'll make up for the lack of epicness in the next chapter^^ and the subsequent chapters as well. I don't know when I'll start updating daily again but fevers don't last forever so I should be fine by the end of this week^^

Thank you for staying patient^^ Here, let ChanYeol give you water

tumblr_m3zfveAayF1r6k3boo4_250.gif

I'll reply to you guys again in the next chapter or when I feel better^^ But for now, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight!

image