Lair Sweet Lair

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

"Ooomph!" Tao grunted as he was thrown into the room. Jino got up from his bed and picked Tao up. Tao's eyes were closed but he forced them open to look at the kind soul who placed him on a warmer, softer surface. "... Jino?" he croaked, his eyes opening by a crack.

"Tao," Jino smiled, pulling the blanket over Tao.

"Where are we?" Jino sighed and lay down next to Tao. "I don't know. Just rest up."

"But I'm not tired," Tao sighed, pressing his face to Jino's shoulder. "I'm hungry."

"They'll bring food soon," Jino answered in a hushed voice. Tao nodded and closed his eyes with a sigh. "It was horrible, gege," he murmured. "What did they do to me?" His voice was quivering, and Jino could feel his uneven breathing. He did not want to answer Tao's question. Not like he could anyway. He knew just as much a Tao... but he kept silent, sensing that all the boy needed at the moment was a comforting presence.

"They brought me here. And they did something to SeHun. I was supposed to protect him, gege, what if they killed him?" Tao sniffled. "I will never be able to forgive myself. I can't believe I had been so weak. It could move. It could move while I stopped time. Am I growing weaker? I have never felt so... Useless."

Jino had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. SeHun? 'It' who? What? But he could try his luck at this... "I'm sure SeHun's fine, Tao. He's probably gone for help to look for you."

"And if he hasn't? Everybody's going to be so mad, it will be as if I killed him! I might as well have!" Tao wailed. "He was the youngest of all of us. I was his hyung! I should have taken care of him!"

Jino glared at the bracelet around his wrist and poked at the dents from all those attempts to get it off with many different forms of animal forms. He offered his shoulder to Tao as he wept. What else could he do? He was just as good as powerless with these people watching him.

* * * * *

Kris and ChanYeol were on their first door. It was on a basement level. They had learnt shortly after their adventures that the building was built downwards. The first level was just a single hallway leading to a flight of stairs that lead to a floor labelled "B1".

The halls of B1 were lined with about 5 doors on the right and one on the left. The path led to another flight of stairs going downwards.

Kris placed his hand on the door knob to the first door on the right and tensed up, preparing himself for the worst. He opened the door and found three rows of refrigerators and shelves filled with vials of blood and some translucent liquids of many different colours. Other than the soft whirs of the fridge and the air conditioner, the room was silent.

"It's like a rainbow here!" ChanYeol exclaimed, walking over to the shelf of colored liquids. He lifted up a vial of pink liquid. "I wonder--"

Kris snatched the vial and put it back. "Don't touch anything." He leaned over to the glass-door fridge and looked at its contents. "Subject A1.0 Blood Sample Day 1," he read. "Subject A1.0 Blood Sample. Test 1. Drug N1." Such blood samples took up to a whole shelf on the fridge with different labels.

"N1?" ChanYeol repeated. "It's here." He lifted up a vial of a clear liquid. "There's a whole row of it here!" he exclaimed.

"I said don't touch anything, ChanYeol," Kris repeated, putting the vial back in its place on the rack.

Opening all five doors on the right side of B1's hallway, they found similar interiors and items inside; three shelves and a rainbow's worth of colored of liquids, three refrigerators and well over a hundred blood samples.

When they opened the single door on the left, they found themselves in a dark room, illuminated by the window across the door. It was small and empty save the table and the chair facing the window. Cautiously, Kris walked over to the table where nothing but a mic. Looking up at the window, he saw ChanYeol standing there.

"Oh! It's YunHo!"

Kris peered at the window and there was YunHo standing in the center of the humongous room three stories below. He the mic. "YunHo?"

"Kris?" YunHo's voice rang clear in the room, thanks to the speakers--Kris didn't notice that till YunHo spoke--that were probably connected to a forever-on mic in the room YunHo was in.

"Have you found anything?"

"A gym," YunHo answered with a slight chuckle. "You?"

"A blood bank of some sort, and some... drugs?"

"What drugs? Are we talking or...?"

"I don't know," Kris answered.

YunHo nodded. "Let's continue our search. I'll see you guys outside." With a wave, YunHo ran out of the room.

* * * * *

"A dragon," a guard gasped in awe. His partner smacked him.

"Focus, load the dart gun and shoot! We need to drag this beast back in before the intruders come out."

"Why do we need to shoot? He's sleeping anyway." the guard asked his partner, loosening his stance.

"SunWoo! Get back here!" The chubbier of the two demanded as his friend approached the dragon.

"Can I touch it?" SunWoo asked, letting his hand get closer to the dragon.

"NO!" his friend yelled. He smacked a hand over his lips as Krunchy stirred and his eyes opened, meeting the horrified gaze of SunWoo.

Krunchy squinted at SunWoo and sniffed at him.

Abruptly, he let out an outraged roar, tensed up and smacked SunWoo with his tail, sending him flying. "SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!" the guard in the bushes shrieked, waving his hands frantically as his friend scrambled to get the gun.

Hearing another man, Krunchy turned and snarled, flaring out his wings. The man let out a shriek and picked up his own gun--the existance of which he forgot of--and aimed...

Krunchy's wings pushed downwards, creating a powerful wind, knocking the guards backwards. With one more rise and fall of his wings, Krunchy flew away.

SunWoo lifted up his gun and pointed it at the dragon...

"SunWoo! Aim--"

"--and shoot."

BANG!

* * * * *

ChanYeol gasped and let go of the door handle as if it electrocute him. "You okay?" Kris asked.

"Did you hear that? That bang?"

"What bang?"

ChanYeol shook his head. "Nevermind. It probably was my imagination." He pushed open the door and, like the observation room a level above them, this room was darker compared to the rest of the stark-white building. Only a single light hung in the room over a glass case which displayed many accessories.

"Ooh~ Shiny!" ChanYeol squealed, walking over to the glass case and pressing his palms against its cool surface.

"ChanYeol get back here--"

"Hyung! This one belongs to you!" he pointed to a leather bracelet with a oval plate covering an area slightly wider that Kris' wrist. On it was engraved a dragon spreading its wings.

"What are you talking about, ChanYeol, let's leave this--"

"But hyung! You have to come see this! The twelve badges of the former legends are all here!" he spazzed, pressing his nose against the glass. "The the eye of the tornado for wind, the triangle portal for teleportation, the hourglass for time travel, a bull for earth, a Phoenix for fire, a scorpion for lightning, a star for light, a unicorn for healing, a teardrop for water, a dragon for flight, levitating orbs for telekenesis, a snowflake for frost and half a human and half a wolf face for-- Wait what? Thirteen?!"

"ChanYeol, we don't have time for this," Kris growled, taking his wrist.

"I know but..." He smashed his fist against the glass.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Kris scolded as ChanYeol, despite his bloody arm, scooped up the contents of the glass case and stuffed them in the pockets of his jacket.

"Why are you stealing this ChanYeol?"

"It's not stealing if it belongs to you. Let's go." He left the room, picking the glass shards out of his hand, followed by Kris who decided to berate him for that later.

They moved on to another room. It looked like an office.... Or not really. There was a single table, papers and notebooks stacked messily on the top, and a single chair surrounded by several file cabinets.

Kris opened up the closest and pulled out the first file. "A1.0. Name: Choi AnKor. Ability: Super Speed. Status... Deceased." Following the portfolio were several notes and checklists that Kris couldn't understand.

He looked up at ChanYeol who opened up another file cabinet. "H4.8. Kim HyunChun--Hey I know this guy! He was on the ship to B124AP224!" ChanYeol told Kris excitedly. "Ability: Immunity. Status--" ChanYeol gulped--"Evolved.... What is that supposed to mean?" ChanYeol put the file back and a blank look took over his features. "If he's here... BaekHyun," he gasped.

He went over to Kris' file cabinet and began looking for the letter B. Kris attempted to stop him but ChanYeol only shoved him aside. "Let me do this, it won't take more than a minute," ChanYeol practically begged, not meeting Kris' eyes.

Kris stared on as his partner yanked out one compartment and let all the files dropped on the ground in a mess, papers flying everywhere, his bleeding arm sending red blots onto the pages. "B4.2... Lee BongChol... B1.9... Song ByungSang..." He threw all the checked files over his shoulder... Just when relief was creeping into his system, he picked up one of the remaining files. "B6.2--Byun BaekHyun--Status: Functional?!" ChanYeol cursed and ran out of the room, desperate to search the building for his best friend.

"ChanYeol! Wait! What's going on?!"

* * * * *

"Sir, one of them has found the subjects," Jirou whispered.

His boss looked at a screen on the left where the lone man was breaking down the door to the first subject's room. "Whatever, he'll never get the tracking device out." Subject K7.3, the boss recognized, got up as the door flew open. The man took his hand and dragged him out of the room. "Jirou, electrocute K7.3."

Jirou nodded and pressed a button on a panel on the wall. Subject K7.3 collapsed and the man stopped.

The boss smirked. "What are you going to do now--" His eyebrows knit together as the man wrapped a hand around the device... And it began melting. When he let go, the experiment had stopped squirming but his wrist where the metal bracelet once was was a red line, possibly a minor burn. The boss sat up. "That's Yesung's reincarnate. That means..." He looked at the two other males on a separate screen. "... One of these two is Eunhyuk's reincarnate." He turned to his secretary. "Jirou, change of plans."


For those who want my tumblrrrrr~~~~ http://www.exoticfantastic.tumblr.com/

Yea, sorry for the outstanding theme /sarcasm. Too lazy to change it and besides, I spend more time on my dashboard to actually bother looking at my own site... LOL. Here:

tumblr_m3rvuokm891ql4j8lo3_250.gif

And....

baekyeollie:  OMFG THIS IS JUST ASDFGHJK THEY, LIKE, HAVE THE SAME NOSE SHAPE, EYES, LIPS, OMG, I LOVE THIS <3

WowO.O How could I not see this?! SooYoung, my lady, my bias, my love, I'm sorryT^T How could I not recognize you?><

But life must go on...

To the next chapter~~~~~~