The Beginning: The Forces Part 1

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

"... and so it is said twelve Forces, created unintentionally by the Legends will meet at their resting place and, together, they will master their elements and will save ExoPlanet--"

"Yah, Yixing hyung stop telling Sulli stupid stories. We all know that ain't real and the Evil is just a scary story meant to spook out kids." Jino, his best friend, cut in, throwing a crumpled piece of paper at the latter.

Yixing--better known as Lay because people had a hard time pronouncing his name--looked up at his best friend and so did little six year old Sulli who was sitting on his lap. "Oppaaaa~" Sulli whined. "You ruined the ending!" Jino made a face and his body shrank, forming a small, feminine figure.

"Oppa, you ruined the ending!" he mimicked perfectly. His ability was to shapeshift after all.

Sulli pouted and tugged Lay's sleeves, pointing at Jino. "Oppa, he's being mean!"

"What can be do?" Jino said mockingly with a laugh. "Poor guy doesn't have any special powers!"

Lay silently watched as Sulli pouted at his friend. "Yes he does! Lay oppa is part of the Force and he will master his element and save ExoPlanet!" she proclaimed then turned to Lay. "Oppa, will you read the  story again?" she asked, holding up the thick book.

Lay sighed and smiled at her. "Sorry, Sulli-ah, I promised Mom that you'll be home for lunch," he told her, scooping her and the book up then standing up. He walked towards the direction of his Mom's home. Jino's form shrank again. A bushy tail sprouted out of his back and a snout appeared on his face, taking the form of a squirrel and sat on Lay's shoulder.

"No fair!" Sulli pouted, flailing her arms everywhere, almost knocking Jino of Lay's shoulder. Jino let out an angry squeak and began nibbling Sulli's ear playfully making her giggle.

"You can always take the book with you. I'm sure Mom will read it for you."

"But it's not the same! Jino oppa stop it!" she wailed and Jino complied. "Why can't umma and appa live together again? Then we can live together and read me the story eeeeeevery night! Oppa, why don't umma and appa live together anymore?" Lay flinched and stopped walking, his face darkening. Jino sensed a change of mood and got off the older boy's shoulder, going back into his original form. "Oppa, why'd you stop? Are you tired?" Sulli asked, forgetting her previous question.

Lay shook his head and smiled at her. "I'm fine." He began walking again.

"Maybe that's your talent," Jino whispered. "Lying to yourself. " Lay ignored him and stared ahead. "It's not your fault, hyu--"

"Shut up."

Meanwhile, somewhere in the same town was a certain baby-faced brunette who was dejectedly hanging decoration onto trees using his telekenetic abilities. He blew his bangs out of his face an adjusted the collar of his uniform. Suddenly, there was a poof and a dark smog was visible, making the latter cough slightly. A paper bag was hurled his way before he was fully recovered but he caught the bag anyway.

"Why so emo, nemo?" a voice asked with a familiar chuckle.

LuHan looked up with a cute eye-smile. "JongIn-ah!" he greeted with a wave. He looked in the bag then gave his friend a hug. "Thanks for the kimchi!"

"Yah, I told you to call me Kai!" the younger boy scolded, slapping Luhan's playfully.

Luhan nudged him, ignoring his statement, and sat under the shade of a nearby tree. "So what brings you to the Northern Side of the border?"

Kai sat next to the older male. "Do I really need a reason to see my good friend?"

Luhan made a face. "Guess not...." He smiled abruptly turning to Kai. "Hey, want to help me out with decorations for the Great Sacrifice Celebrations?"

"Is that your punishment?" Kai asked seriously referring to the time Luhan had crossed the border, running away from home for almost a year before his parents caught him.

It wasn't exactly a crime but after the clear line had been formed between the Northern and Southern border, the relationship between the two sides had been a little tense... And since Luhan was the son of the mayor of the East, his moment of rebellion was treated equivalent to vandalism or theft.

"Sadly..." Luhan answered, clutching his bag.

"Your parents won't be happy if I help you." Kai trailed off.

Luhan rolled his eyes and placed the packet of kimchi next to his bag. "They will never be happy anyway."

Kai's lips tightened and he smiled. "True." The two got up and set off to work and in no time, the decorations were fully hung and both boys had to go home. Kai was walking Luhan back since he could teleport anyway.

They talked about nothing in particular. Just random thoughts that entered their minds. Then Luhan said something that Kai had hoped he wouldn't hear.

"How is he?" The younger male knew exactly who Luhan was referring to and that instantly brought a frown upon his face. Luhan mistook his actions. "What happened?" he asked, slightly panicked.

"Relax, hyung, he's fine. It's just--" Kai stopped and let out a sigh before continuing. "Why don't you leave him alone, hyung? He doesn't want anything to do with you anyway. And it's hurts both of you to hold on so... Why bother?"

Luhan chuckled softly. "Honestly, I don't know..." A silence took over them until they reached Luhan's house.

Kai stepped back and prepared to teleport. "Well, you're here now and I have to get back so--" Just as he was about to snap his fingers, Luhan held onto his wrist, making him look up.

Luhan looked down, slightly hesitant but said what was on his mind anyway. "JongIn-ah...." He cleared his throat. "I know you said he doesn't want anything to do with me but.... If you see him... tell him I'm doing fine and--" He looked up. "--And I hope he's well too."

Kai didn't answer verbally, instead he pulled his wrist away from Luhan and gave him a tight smile. "Sure," he said, and with a snap of his fingers, he vanished.


Hello reader(s)^^ Hehe.

Sorry the beginning is a little sad and blue but it'll get better in the next chapter, kay?:D Just, live with it for now. Hehe. And my inspiration to make this story was from this post so if a certain line looks familiar... You know where it came from^^ Hehe. Hope you enjoyed this chapter~~~ Byeeee^^/