Living Survivors, New Roommates and Unplanned Victims

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

 

"LUHAN!" Kai screamed into the dark, empty streets. When he had gotten back to the house LuHan was supposed to be in, there was not a living being there.

Kai had been wandering the city for hours now in search of that boy but he couldn't find any trace of him.

"LUHAN! WHERE ARE YOU? ANSWER ME GODDAMMIT!"  he yelled, dropping to his knees and covering his face when he was answered by his own echo... Or so he thought.

"Hello?" a childish voice called. Kai sat up. "Hello?" it repeated. He stood up and followed the voice to a line of buildings not too far away, some still standing, others collapsed. Kai looked into the windows of several stable buildings in hopes of finding the source.

"Hello?" Kai called, pausing in front of a collapsed building. "LuHan? Is that you?"

"Down here!" Kai jumped back when he felt a hand grab his ankle. He crouched down and found a toddler grinning at him from a basement window, a bottle of banana milk at hand and a straw in his mouth. "Ahjusshi, are you lost?"

"A-Ahjusshi?!" Kai repeated incredulously. He shook his head. He shouldn't be worrying about such petty things when there was a kid stuck in a basement. But for a week?! Kai thought. It was no big deal that the basement was standing because the basements usually doubled as bomb shelters in ExoPlanet. However, it seemed that debris was blocking the door so the kid was stuck. "Hold on kid, I'll get you out of there."

He teleported to the basement next to the kid and scooped him up from the pile of empty crates he was standing on.

Kai gagged at the smell of the place then looked around. It was the basement of a supermarket with shelves of canned goods, packeted foods, crates of rotten vegetables and whatnot. So that was how the kid survived...

The kid also smelled pretty bad, dirt and food packets clung onto his hair and way oversized shirt that probably belonged to his father or he had picked it up in the basement.

"Waaaah! Ahjusshi! You were over there but now you're over here! You must be a magician!" the kid exclaimed.

"Yea yea," Kai muttered. He teleported with he kid out of the stinky basement and began walking back to the borrowed house to clean him up. Was it always this easy for kids to warm up to strangers? "Where are your parents, kid?"

"I don't know. Dead maybe," he answered, chewing the straw and tossing away the empty banana milk bottle. Kai was taken aback at the boy's blunt statement and came to a conclusion that this boy was an orphan.  "Ahjusshi, is LuHan hyung your friend?"

Why is he the hyung? Why am I the ahjusshi? Kai questioned dejectedly. "Yea, have you seen him?"

The little boy nodded vigorously. "Uh-huh! He found me and wanted to get me out but didn't know how so I told him to go look for Minho hyung because I know my stroooong hyung would be able to help!" he exclaimed enthusiastically.

Then he'll probably just go back to the house later right? "Hey, kid, what's your name?"

The little boy spat out his chewed up straw, giving Kai a cute, toothy grin. "Taemin. Lee. Tae. Min."

Kai smiled back, feeling a sense of pride that their efforts of pressing forward did not go in vain. Here he was holding their first found living survivor, Lee TaeMin. And just the thought of it made Kai grin wider.

* * * * *

Jino walked back and forth nervously, freezing at any time there was a sound behind the door. It felt like ages since he's seen BaekHyun and he was on the verge of going insane when the door sprung open. A man in a white coat flanked by two burlier, taller men at his side stood there.... but no BaekHyun in sight.

"B6.2 is going to be transferred," the scientist replied to his unspoken question. "But for now, we're going to run some tests." As if on cue, the two guards took Jino by his arms and lifted him up, dragging him out of the room and closing the door.

Jino squirmed. "Where is BaekHyun?" The scientist just stared at his clipboard, ignoring the boy. Jino rolled his eyes and blew at his bangs that fell to his face when he was lifted earlier. "Playing cold war now are we? How mature," he mocked. He got no answer. He looked down and seeing his feet dangling below him, he smirked.

He shot a leg forward and kicked the man infront, making him fall forward. The two men holding Jino made no move to help the scientist up but they stopped walking. The man got up himself and forced Jino's head back by his hair, exposing his neck. Jino felt something cold an metallic press against his neck. "Try that again," he threatened with a hiss.

"Gladly," Jino whispered, kicking whatever his leg could reach.... The scientist's teabag to be specific. The man doubled over, clutching his groin and Jino cackled wildly.

When the scientist recovered, he rolled up his sleeves, clenching his fists. "Why you--"

"Ah ah ah. No damaging the subjects." The four men looked up.

The scientist looked back down and bowed. "I am sorry, Sir." The Hybrid smirked.

"Hybrid V3.01," Jino read out. He followed the arm up to the person's face and cringed.

"Experiment J13.4," the hybrid said as if it was a greeting. "Meet your new roommate." He shrugged his shoulders pointedly, jerking his chin at the unconious figure hanging over his shoulder.

"Pleasure," Jino answered sarcastically.

The Hybrid chuckled and walked away. Jino turned his head in an attempt to see his new roommate's face. As if sensing his curiousity, the Hybrid tilted to the side, making the boy's face show. Jino barely caught a glimpse as his own group of escorts started moving. But that one glimpse was enough to recognise that familiar face.

"Tao."

* * * * *

"He's missing."

SuHo looked up from the book on his lap and stood up. "What?!"

"That guy that Kai brought over is missing," SungGyu repeated, dumping the untied ropes on the ground in front of him. "Someone must have untied him when we were sleeping last night."

"," SuHo cursed, leaving the library with quick steps. "Where's XiuMin?"

"Left this morning to get pancake mix with some survivor. We're running low."

SuHo sighed and stopped in the middle of the camp. "I'll go get him. Did he say which supermarket he was going to?"

"Oedinka or something along those lines."

"I'll go get--" Screeching tires outside the stadium cut him off. SuHo's features brightened considerably as he scurried out of the stadium, SungGyu on his tail. "SEHUN!" he called excitedly as he saw a familiar RV parked not too far from the entrance. A few meters away, there was another pair of people, one of which SuHo recognized.... The other SungGyu recognized. "XIU--"

"SuHo! That's him! The guy that Kai brought back!"

Out of panic, SuHo let out the strongest blast of water he could muster. He hit someone, just not the person he was hoping for.

"YAH!"


OTL... What kind of crappy chapters am I producing now? Sigh... Should I just stop updatiing in the midst of exams? I feel like it's not really up to my normal standards anymore...><

You know what? Just stare at Jino eating his sleeves.

Okay, welcome to my new subscribers cassie17, x_haengbok_x, Mike_Kim, fluffcloud, hokuspokus, Mochachino95, pjs-ckh-lhj, OccasionalMuse, Kwon_Shin, Exolove and Stardust_101.

Now have you guys realized something?... Stardust_101.... YOU'RE MY 100TH SUBSCRIBER!!!!:DDDDD YAAAAAAYYYY /THROWS TRUCKLOADS OF COOKIES AT ALL OF YOU~~ I would celebrate with a gif spammage but I already gave y'all cookies and I don't wanna spoil y'all.... NAAAAAH who am I kidding?

Y GIF TIME!

tumblr_m2yerziIJi1rtp3wwo1_500.gif

.... Okay, I lied. I really really really gotta go now cos dad's going to be pissed... ARGH. WHY DID I GET THE 100th SUB ON AN EXAM DATE! I can't celebrate properlyT^T

image

ON TO COMMENT REPLIES!

 

@Kironstree: Glad you enjoyed your cookie:D Hehehe^^

@ForeverCellist:... DAYUM. I'm oooold.

@ja_chan12: I will fit LuHanxLay's story in the next chapter.... Or most of it. Please be patient~~~

@chippawarbrike: All will be revealed in time~~~ But for now, just keep guessing^^

@nicute24: Yea, I got itXD Stupid typo. LOL. And it's more like my facination for the letter J. DAMN. No wonder it looked funny /shoots self/ And I misspelled recklessly.... /shoots self again/ SuHo's incharge of the whole camp so XiuMin figured... Damn I didn't put that in? /shoots self/ And you can guess^^ Hehe. And you'll get an update on KrisYeol and HanHan next Thursday^^ And yea, it's possible:D Heeeheeeee. Anything's possible in exoplanet~~~

@fluffcloud: I remember your comment:D I read it straight after I announced that I would be slowing down my update rate for now:D I felt like shooting myself >< But I love you too:3 Hehe~ I ain't creeped out. As a matter of fact, I'm moved to tears

image

~This is after I put in the slower-rate-of-update announcement. Wow you guys actually read that?O.O~

@ForeverCellist: You have stories?:O /feels oblivious/ DAMN. I'll be sure to check em out when my exams are over:D

@bubblemilkteaahh: He didn't lose his memory silly! I would NEVER do that:D Hehe^^ It was just little Taebaby~~~

@SadisticReborn: I guess that's applicable to all of usXD Exo is constantly ruining our bias listsXD And I'm sorry for cheating your feelings there. All your questions will be answered slowly... one by one.... as the story progresses. And how was your exam btw?:D

@joy-logy: Thank you^^ You're so sweetT^T I mean that preview was so short and you're still thanking meT^T /chokes up/ But I'll be giving you a short preview again later on too so just scroll dooowwwwwnnnnnnn~~~

@iseemikimouse, @BlossomB, @ja_chan12, @cheerioslee: Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youT^T I'm so touched /sobbing forever once again/ Sorry I squished your replies into one comment>< I'm running out of online-time.

@OccasionalMuse: Nope, make you reviews as long as you want:D Hehe^^ I'm sorry for the lack of SeKai here but hey if I make a prequel it will be as soaked, dripping, deep fried and wrapped in is as this story is with other pairings^^ But for now, here's a gif to ease your SeKai heart~ And KyungSoo staring at SeHun like "O.O Hands off mah man"

@Nana_Exo: Thank you!:D And don't worry too much! Tao is safe^^ .... for nowO.O

 

image

That's all the comment replies:D Now for a preview~~~~ Now, this doesn't necessarily go in sequence and they are all said by different people so.... Oh and I may not be able to fit it all in the next chapter so don't get too excited kay?><

"He's not here."

"Kai probably found him. He'll be fine."

"Whoaaaaaa. That's a lot of people. Didn't SooMan say that only our group and those that couldn't be reached are here? There's a whole town here!"

"We have to call the others back. This isn't working out."