Emotional Distancing

We Got Married....... and Fell in Love

Suzy was frustrated. Throughout the week, Wooyoung had refused to answer her calls and despite her desperation to make things right between them, she could not ask her members or 2PM for help as that would expose the two of them. She wondered how he would behave during the WGM filming later.

WGM Set

When Wooyoung arrived, he greeted everyone, but his greeting to her was rather awkward. As the filming progressed, he did what he had to do and even made jokes with her. However, Suzy could see through the act, he was pretending to smile and laugh. Only those who knew him could tell when he was pretending. Another thing Suzy noticed was the his lack of physical contact with her. She was secretly yearning that he would resume things as normal with her, but that was not the case.

He''s ashamed..He's ashamed of what happened that night. He's afraid that he won't be able to control himself. Its just so like him to distance himself from people so that he doesn't take advantage of them or hurt them for his own pleasure.

They were cooking again and as usual she helped him out. She passed him items such as salt when he asked for it but she noticed that he was careful not to touch her in any way. At any time he took things from her, he would stop first and then move his hand towards the item without touching her the slightest.

W :"Suzy... Can you go and help me marinate the beef there?"

S :"Ok"

Suzy's heart sank when he said that as she wanted to be near him. Still, she did as she was asked, deciding that he needed some space to recover. She ached for his touch, his true smile and his true self again. She passed the marinated meat to him and he set it aside, when she suddenly had an idea. Instead of waiting for him to start again, why didn't she start instead.

When Wooyoung was not looking, she slowly held his elbow. He stiffened at the contact and carefully removed himself from her wothout the crew noticing. Then, the director asked Wooyoung to do what he was not looking forward to.

Director: "Wooyoung! Can you have some physical contact with her please?"

Wooyoung was shocked, but complied while Suzy was relieved the director had asked him to touch her. However, her happiness died almost instantly when he touched her because it was different from how it had felt in the past. She knew it was fake, he was forcing himself to do it. Her eyes mellowed for second before she remembered she was filming and acted normal again.

Several more times he held her, but all of them were still fake and she could feel it.

Miss A Dorm

Suzy had a hard time acting normal as she was disappointed that Wooyoung had changed since that night. Every now and then, she had to wipe a tear from her eye as she thought about the past where they both enjoyed each other's company so much.

Fei :"Dinner's ready!"

All of the members came to sit down and eat. All of them loved Fei's cooking and ate voraciously. Suzy was not in the mood and slowly ate her food staring blankly at her bowl.

Fei was the first to notice Suzy's wierd behaviour.

Fei: "Suzy. what's wrong? Is it  the food?"

Min and Jia turned their heads to look at Suzy and also found her behaviour strange. She was never like this when she ate. Meanwhile, Suzy had been woken from her stupour by Fei and she hastily replied that she was just tired.

Fei: "Ok. I think you should sleep after this."

Suzy nodded and continued eating with her blank expression again. As they ate, her other members continued to steal suspicious glances at her.

2PM Dorm

Racous laughter filed the dorm, no less was expected ofa dorm full of boys. They were playing poker since everyone was free and there was alot of time to kill. Wooyoung always was either the one smiling or was the one with a neutral expression, but his face today was exceptionally blank and was the epitome of the term 'poker face'.

Nichkhun: "Wooyoung! Are you ok? What's with the poker face?"

W :"Nothing"

That caught the attention of the others. He NEVER answered with that tone or word. If he did space out, he would have started denying vehemently and if he did have a problem that he could handle, he would have said that nothing was wrong like any normal person. For him to say nothing meant something was very wrong.

Junsu: " I guess you do have a problem. You can talk with us you know?"

W:" I'm fine, really"

Taecyeon and Junho were about to say something when Nichkhun signalled them and shook his head. The others understood and backed off. Nichkhun may not be the leader, but he understood people's emotions the most.

They continued the card game, although somehow a strange silence filled the air.

Later That Night

As night fell, a particular scene was shared between two people at two different dorms. Everyone was fast asleep, but the silence that should have permeated the air was filled with sobs from two different people away from oen another. Suzy and Wooyoung cried, one wanting a man to be by her side, to be as he always was and to love her, the other wanting to be with a girl all the time, but couldn't because he would cross a line he thought the girl would never want to cross.

Author's Note: Should I give you people a single scoop of ice cream tomorrow or do you want a double scoop?