The Return

When Love Ends

"Rin.."

I look back and I see Tao is in front ot of the store's door. I raised my eyebrow, like asking what does he want? He took a deep breath and stare at me deeply. "W-what?" I asked.

"I'm going to tell you something. Stay there!" He walked towards me and my heart beats 10 times faster than before. What is it?


He walks so fast towards me as my heart beats even faster. He stopped in front of me and he slanted his eyes. And i realize that he was looking at something behind me.

"What is it?" i asked him. And he slants his eyes even more. "What is it, Tao! You make me scared!" i push him slowly and he looks at me.

"Wait, someone is spying on you" he said and pulled me closer to him. It's so dark but he can see it. I looked back slowly and yes, i saw a shadow of a person, hiding behind a trash can. I'm afraid of it. Tao embraces me, still slanting his eyes on that person.

"Who's there!" he yelled but got no answer at all. "I'm asking now! Who's there! Come out!" he yelled even louder and i hide my face in his chest. I hug him real tight, i'm afraid of it so bad. He walks towards the shadow but i stopped him.

"Tao, no! Stop!" i said and he stopped. "What if it hurts you!"

He releases me. "No, it won't. Wait here ok." he said. But when we look at the shadow, it disappeared.

"Where is it?" he scanned the place. But there isn't any sign of that person. He sighs and look at me. "I told you, you should come home faster. I'll drop you off then" he said as he pull my hand and drop me off to my home. There aren't any conversation while we were walking. And now we're arrived in front of my house. He releases my hand and smile.

"Bye now" he says. "You should take care. You got a fan, by the way. Ha ha ha.." he laugh.

"It's not funny. Didn't you realize that i was so frightened when you yelled at it!" i almost scream. He nodded.

"Just trying to make you feel better, you know? Now get inside your house. Be careful" he said. I nodded and wave at him. I turn around and walk towards the door.

"Ah, Tao!" i turn around, i find him still waiting for me to get inside. "Thanks" i said. He smiles and nodded.

"You're always welcome. Get inside!" he forced me. I giggled and get inside my house.


"WAKE UP, LI XIU RIN!"

I open my eyes and stare at my mom fiercely.

"What?" i ask harshly. I look at the clock and it's still 7 AM. "Are you trying to tell a lie to me again?" i close my eyes and covered my body using the blanket. But then my mom take it off.

"Get up now!"

"5 more minutes" i said.

"No! He won't wait for that long!" she replied. What? I open my eyes.

"He?" i asked and mom pull me from the bed.

"Yes! Go down now if you don't believe me!" i go downstairs. My eyes got wider when i see Tao is sitting on the couch.

"T-Tao?" i called his name and he looks at me. He smiled and stand up.

"Good morning" he said. He scanned me up and down. "I think.. You should take a bath right now" he said. I looked down. I'm wearing a white tank top and a really short pants. I gasped and run to my room. My mom holds my towel. I take it and take a bath quickly. I put on my uniform and my shoes. I run back to the living room and i see Tao smiling at me.

"D-Done!" I said.

"Tao, aren't you going to eat the breakfast?" offer my mom.

"I'd love to but i think i'll just take the bread. Thanks mam" he smiled and take one bread from my dining table. I see my mom is melting when she saw Tao's killer smile. Gees, i'm used to it. I've melted numerous times seeing that killer angelic smile. "Let's go to school then?" he looks at me. And i nodded. We both get out from my house and i see a bike parked in front of my house.

"Your bike?" i pointed at the bike and he nodded.

"Sorry it's not a motorcycle" he giggled.

"No no! I didn't expect you to bring a motorcycle. Besides, i didn't even expect you to pick me up" i said.

"What if i want to?" he stares at me and give me his one-side smile. "Kidding. I'm afraid that 'stalker' followed you to your house and kills you in the morning" he said.

"Yeah yeah.." i pout. He laughed.

"Get on. We'll be late if we're just talking about a nonsense thing." he pulls me and i sit behind him. "Hold on!" he said and he grab my hand. He put my hand on his waist and my heart beats fast. He paddled the bike. I lean my head on his back and he gasped.

"D-Don't lean your head like that" he said.

"Why? I want to!" i said.

"It's just.. Uh.. Ah, never mind. Just, don't lean your head like that again" he said. I can hear that his heart beats so fast. My face blushed. Oh my God, i thought a boy like him will never had a heart that beats so fast like this.

We are now in front of our school. Tao paddled the bike to the parking lot and i can see that everyone is looking at us.

"Are they in a relationship?" i can hear someone asking like that. Oh no.

"Do you hear that?" asked Tao.

"Uh, what?" i asked back. He giggled.

"Someone's asking if we were in a relationship. Ha ha ha.." gees, i'm not the one who heard that. My heart betas even faster. He parked the bike and we walked to our class together. He opens the door and everybody is looking at us. We take a sit and still, everybody got their eyes on us. One of my classmate walk towards Tao.

"Hey, Tao. You and Rin is in a relationship, right?" he asked. Eh!

"Huh? What? No!" i replied. Well, actually, i supposed not to answer that because he asked Tao and not me. Tao laughed so hard.

"Why should i be in a relationship with her? She's just my friend. We are just accidentally meet on my way to school, so i offer her to take a sit on my bike. So what?" he answer. Something's not right. My heart feels so hurt. The way he answered it, it makes my heart hurt.

The bell rang and everybody back to their sit. I open my book and i can feel that Tao is looking at me. I glanced at him and he really is looking at me.

"What?" i asked. He smiled.

"Sorry about earlier." he said.

"About what? You answer? It's not a big deal. We are not in a relationship, by the way" i replied harshly. He nodded and sighs. What was that for?

After the last subject is done, i stand up but Tao grabbed my hand. I turn around and he smiled.

"Let me drop you off" he said. I shook my head and release his hand.

"I'm fine. You don't have to drop me off. Ha ha ha" i said and i run outside the school. But then Tao catches me. "What do you want?" i asked harshly.

"What if the stalker finds you!" he replied. I turn around and leave him. But when i saw who stands in front of me, i stopped. Tao grab my hands again. My eyes become wider.

"What is it, Rin?" asked Tao.

"L-Lay?"