Both Story

When Love Ends

"Uhm, Rin. I got something to say to you" he says.

"Yes?" I asked. He scratches his head.

"I-uhm.."


Ba-Bump

Ba-Bump

RIIIIIIING ~

I gasped. I grab my phone and give Tao a forced smile. I look at my phone. My older brother is calling me. I look at Tao.

"Uhh.. Tao" I started. "I guess, I have to answer this. Thanks for today." I waved at him. He smiled and nodded again.

"Yeah, sure. Bye!" He waved at me and turn around. I pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Rin?" Said my older brother, Xiu Min.

"Gege! (older brother in chinese language)" I shouted. "Why did you call?"

"I'm worried about you, Rin. So, how's Seoul? Do you like living in Seoul?" He asked.

"Yeah! I got a new friend here too! And he is from Beijing. His hangul is amazing, different from me. But he taught me hangul and now I can speak hangul more fluent than before. He is so nice" I replied.

"I see" he said. "Wait. 'He'?"

"Yes, he. Oh God yes gege he's a BOY!" I mumbled. My family is over protecting me. They don't want me to have a boyfriend without them knowing who's my boyfriend. When I was in a relationship with my ex, they told me to broke up with him. And when he left me, they were very happy.

"Do you love him?" He asked.

"No, I don't" I replied.

"Seriously?"

"Yes"

"Yes you love him?" He asked again. I mumbled again. For God sake, he's so annoying.

"Oh please gege, I said, I DON'T LOVE HIM, ok?" I almost yelled.

"Ha ha ha.. It's ok if you love him. I didn't said that you can't love him, did I?" He said.

"Really?"

"So you do love him, don't you?" He asked again. What the? Are you trying to interrogate me gege? I hissed.

"YES I HAVE A FEELING TOWARDS HIM! BUT I'M NOT SURE IT'S LOVE OR NOT! GOT IT?!" Now I'm yelling at him. I can hear that he giggled.

"Easy, Rin. I got it" he replied.

"Really? You got it? Man, what got into you, gege? You used to be mad if I fell in love with someone. You used to say 'OH NO YOU DON'T RIN! YOU CAN'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND RIGHT NOW'" I mimicked him. He giggled again.

"Hey, I know that soon you'll have a boyfriend. You must forget about Lay as soon as possible" he said. Damn. I was trying not to remember that name but then gege said it. I mumbled again.

"Stop mumbling. I know you hate him, but face it, Rin. He is a jerk. You gotta forget about him. Look, be honest with me now." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You still have a feeling to Lay, am I right?"

STRIKE! He's right. I sigh and nodded. "Yes, you're right" I said. "LOOK! I can't forget about him right now. But it's not like I expect he'll be my boyfriend again. No, I never want him to be my boyfriend anymore. But, uhm.." I stopped. I don't know what to say.

"Things will going to be fixed soon, Rin." Gege said. I nodded as an agreement. "If there's something going wrong, feel free to call me, got it? And! Dad is fine. He misses you and mom a lot. So, do take care, ok?" He said.

"I miss you and dad too. Take a good care of yourself, gege" I said.

"Sure. I gotta go now. Bye, Rin"

"Mm! Bye gege!" I close my phone and I walk inside my house. I gasped when I see mom is standing in front of me. She slants her eyes and walk towards me.

"M.. Mom. What is it?" I asked anxiously.

"Who's that boy?" She asked.

"Who? The one who called me? It's gege" I said. She shook her head. "Then who?" I asked again.

"The one who dropped you off" she said. Oh my.

"He is my friend, mom. My friend!" I replied. She raises her eyebrow.

"A friend?" She asked again, like she didn't believe what I said.

"Yes a friend! Gosh, why are you guys always asking about the boy who is close to me?" I mumbled and I stare at my mom. She's still looking at me weirdly. "Ya!" I shouted. "A FRIEND! F-R-I-E-N-D!" I spell the word and my mom stop staring at me.

"Well then. I guess he's just a friend." She said. Well, I said that earlier. And just now she believe in me. What a relief.

"By the way, Rin. Go buy some tofu. I need a tofu to cook for our dinner" she said. I nodded. But I changed my clothes first and then I get out of my house and walk to the nearest convenience store. I go inside and take a small box of tofu. I take it to the cashier and my eyes got wider when I see Tao as the cashier. He gasped when he saw me standing in front of him.

"R.. Rin?"

"T-Tao. I didn't know that you work here" I giggled seeing him using a cashier's uniform. He stares at me weirdly.

"What?" He asked as he takes a small box of tofu from my hand. I shook my head but he still looking at me curiously.

"I'm still handsome with this clothes, right?" He give me his one-side smile and I giggled again. He sighed. "24 won. Gimme the money and leave" he says harshly.

"Y-ya, Tao. I'm just kidding. You look fine with that clothes" I giggled and give him the money. "When will you have a break time. Let's have a nice chat outside" I said. He looks at his watch.

"5 more minutes. Wait for me, ok?" He smiles and I nodded. I walk outside the convenience store and sit on a bench. After 5 minutes, he walk towards me and sit beside me. He gave me a bottle of green tea and I take it.

"Thanks" I said and I open it. He nodded.

"So.." he started. "What is the topic for today's chat?" He asked. I raised my shoulder, giving a sign that I don't even know what should we talking about. He laughed. We both just staring at each other and being so awkward at the same time. Suddenly, one of the convenience store employee walked outside the store and he saw us together.

"Ya, Tao!" He shouted. Both me and Tao gazed on that man. "You girlfriend?" That man giggled and Tao stands up.

"N-no she's not. She's my best friend" he looked at me. "I think I gotta get back to work. Go home now" he said as he walk inside the store. Before he opens the door, he glanced at me and waved. I smiled and wave back. And then he walks inside the store and disappeared from my sight. I sighed. Don't know why. It feels hurt when he said that I'm only his best friend. Well, I don't really sure why, but I want to be more than just a best friend. Well, who knows?

"Rin.."

I look back and I see Tao is in front ot of the store's door. I raised my eyebrow, like asking what does he want? He took a deep breath and stare at me deeply. "W-what?" I asked.

"I'm going to tell you something. Stay there!" He walked towards me and my heart beats 10 times faster than before. What is it?