Epilogue pt. 2

When Love Ends

The wind blows with enough force on that day. A man in his 20s is seen walking slowly in that place. A digital camera is seen in his hand. He seems busy with his own world. Trying to take pictures of the scenery that can be seen in front of him. It's so rare, or even there are no people who wants to take pictures in the cemetery. But not for this man. He likes to take pictures in places that are rarely visited by most of people. 

Cemetery is not a place that needs to be feared by people. The cemetery saves a lot of memories for most people. The memory of those who have left this world. Perhaps it is strange to take pictures there, most of people will think that the pictures will came out weird and scary. But there are lots of meanings implied behind it. One of them is longing. Longing to be reunited with those who have long gone. 

That man was still busy with his camera when he heard a woman's voice. He slanted his eyes and slowly, looking for where the sound was coming from. He paused when he saw a woman sitting in front of a grave. She is seen telling a story happily to the grave.

"You know mom, dad cannot cook! Yesterday he tried to cook kimchi pancake and it tastes awful! So in the end I had to cook for both of us again. Oh how I wish you can get out of this grave and cook for us. I want to try the food that you make. Dad said that your cooking is delicious! Is that true, mom?" asked the woman to the grave. That man smiled a little and take a picture of the girl. He saw the picture of that girl in his camera and smiled again. When he was about to take another picture, he paused as he saw the girl stopped talking.

"Why is she stop talking? Is she about to leave?" the man asked himself. He was shocked when he saw tears falling down from her eyes.

"Mom, it's so sad that I'm not able to picture your face in my head. It's frustrating that I can't seem to remember the face of the woman who gave birth to me. It's been more than 20 years now, mom. And it still hurts." She said while clutching the fabric on her chest. "I never get to thank you for keeping me at that time. I know it was an accident. I know that I'm an accident. But you and dad didn't throw me away." She continued.

That man stood in silent as he continue looking at her. That woman closed her eyes as tears keep on falling down. He feels that he can feel what that woman felt. Sadness. He walks slowly, approaching that woman and stopped right beside her. He poked her slowly and she gasped, opening her eyes widely while looking right into his eyes. 

"Here." he said while holding a handkerchief. She blinks several times and nodded as she took the handkerchief from him. She wipes away her tears and he sat down beside her.

"Your mom, eh?" he asked. She nods slowly and sighs.

"Who are you by the way?" she asked and he smiled.

"Well, actually I was taking some pictrues with my camera here" he raised his camera for her to see. "When I heard a woman's voice and decided to take a look." he explained and end it with a smile. "And realized that she was crying."

She smiled a little. "Sorry." she said.

"What for? You didn't do anything that bother me." he replied.

"For making you stopped taking pictures." she said. He laughed a bit and shook his head.

"I would have left you alone if I wasn't worried about you." he continued. "So, you come here often?"

"No, not really" she replied. "Only if i have time. And if I miss her a lot"

"I see." he nods. "If you don't mind, can you tell me about your mom?" he asked carefully. She blinks numerous times.

"She died right after she gave birth to me. My dad raised me alone after that." she said. "Everybody said that I have my mom's face. Even my dad said so" she laughed. "Unfortunately I can't remember her face. Well yeah of course, I have never seen her face. But, it's really frustrating you know?" she sobbed. He got panicked when she started sobbing and tears started rolling down her face.

"You- You know.. My dad said he lost his first love. He loved her dearly but he had to gave her away to other man. But he knew that she loves that man better than him so he let her go. But in the end, both of them lost her." he said. She sobbed while listening to his story.

"Really?" she asked while sobbing.

"Yeah.. My dad married to my mom and promised not to let her go. He said he had enough of losing those that he love so much. My dad brought me to this cemetery once a year back then. He said his first love was buried here. But you know I can't even remember which one is her grave. Since years ago my dad is always busy with his work, he never took me to her grave again. So this year I decided to visit this place again. Well, silly me I didn't ask him which one is his first love's grave." he hit his head playfully and she smiled.

"I'm sorry for your dad" she said. "It's so beautiful tho. I can tell that he loves her so much. Even now"

He smiled. "Yeah. By the way, my name is Xing Wei, and you?"

"Lin." she answered with a smile as she wipes her tears away. "Xiu Lin"

 

 

 

 

 


Aaaaand it's done!

Well yeah basically the epilogue is never about Tao finding a new love. Instead of that, It's about Lin and Xing Wei! I don't know if in the future I'll write about them or not (maybe not) but I hope you guys like the couple as much as I do! Thank you so much for reading When Love Ends. Fyi, I gave this story titled 'When Love Ends' because actually 'When love ends, a new love will start blooming' well at least that's what I'm thinking. LOL

Once again I want to thank each and every one of you for reading my story. I know it . The ending . But I thought it would be too obvious if in the end Tao would be the one who died. Sorry about that!

Alright then, that's a wrap! See you guys in my next story! Bye~

I love you guys TTM! <3

 

 

For your information :

i named Xing Wei because the mening behind his name is:

Xing (兴) : thrive, prosper, flourish
Wei (威) : power, strength

and i named Xiu Lin because the meaning behind her name is:

Xiu (秀) : beautiful, elegant
Lin (琳) : jade, gem

LOL i just like giving names to my characters <33333