Punch Me

When Love Ends

"What is it? What happen, Rin?" gege run towards me and hit my back slowly. Tao is just staring at me outside the bathroom with his wide eyes. I throw up again.

"What happened?" gege asked Tao but Tao didn't answer him. Tao just blinked several times and covered his mouth all of the sudden. Gege's eyebrows furrowed when he saw Tao's reaction. "Wait, could it be?" gege's eyes widened and he looks back at me. "Rin, you're pregnant?"


“Yes miss, you’re pregnant” said the doctor to me who is laying on the hospital bed because every minute I’ll feel really queasy and want to throw up.

“I.. I am?” I asked anxiously to the doctor. He nodded. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“You can see it at here the x-ray, miss. It’s been 2 months” explained the doctor to me while showing the x-ray to us. Tao is standing next to my bed, holding my left hand with his jaw dropped. “I’ll leave you guys right here. If you need something, just call the nurse, okay?” said the doctor to both of us. I nodded while Tao is still looking at the x-ray quietly. I bit my lower lips and turn my head to face Tao. He blinks several times, can’t believe with what the doctor just said earlier.

Suddenly, gege open the door and get inside my room.

“Good thing you got a room next to Tao’s room, huh?” he said as he put down the coffees that he just bought. He sits on the chair next to my bed, across Tao. He’s looking at me with questioning eyes.

“Tell me” he sighs, resting his chin on his right hand. “What happened? When? How come?” he asked both of us curiously, but he’s sure so serious. Me and Tao is just eyeing at each other and Tao nodded.

“Gege knows that Tao doesn’t have much time, right?” I asked gege and he nodded. “Yeah, so. We did it 2 months ago” I explained and he nodded.

“I knew it” he said. “I’m not going to reprimand you or something like that because it’s already happen, so yeah... I don’t know what mom and dad will do to you. Good thing they’re going so busy nowadays” he said as he stretched out his body and stares at me again. “So what you’ll going to do Tao?” he eyed on Tao.

“Me?” he asked while still holding my left hand. “I’m going to take the responsible.” He answered quickly. Gege nodded.

“I know, I know. What I’m asking is, what will your parents do to you?” gege asked him.

“They have to agree with me no matter what” he said. I look at him and he gives me a warm smile. “They MUST agree with my choice” he lifts my left hand and kissed it. I give him a slight smile. Gege is just staring at us.

“Poor me I don’t have a girlfriend” he said and all of us laughing.


“Good morning Miss Li, tomorrow you can go home, right?” asked a nurse who came into my room when Tao is already inside my room. We were chatting when suddenly that nurse opened the door and disturbs us.

“Yeah. Thanks for helping me these days” I said to her. Yes, I’ve been resting in the hospital for a week.  And yes, I left school for a week just because of this. I know this is wrong, but I’m not going to left school for forever. I’m planning to go to school again next week.

“All of this things are out of your plans, yes?” asked the nurse to both me and Tao. Tao shook his head innocently. The nurse’s eyes widened. “So you guys already planned to have a baby?” she gasped.

“No, not like that. We were just, ahh you know” I scratch my head and the nurse giggled.

“You guys are perfect for each other, you know that?” she smiled brightly. “Mr. Huang is so handsome while Miss Li is so pretty” she said. Both me and Tao giggled and looking at each other. “I wonder how pretty or handsome your baby will be?” she said to us.

“Ah, you’re joking right. I’m not that pretty” I said to her. “But yes, Tao is handsome” I pinched his cheek and he giggled as he holds my hand.

“Umm, excuse me, when can we know whether the baby is boy or girl?” asked Tao to the nurse.

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, Mr. Huang. But it’s better if you don’t know about that until your baby born” said the nurse to Tao.

“Ah yeah, thanks for the advice” he said as he nodded.

“Okay, I’ll leave you be. I’m going to check on the other room. Enjoy your last day, Miss Li” said the nurse as she bowed to us and leave the room. I look into Tao’s eyes and he smiles.

“You don’t know how shocked and happy I am right now” he said to me. “At first, I was so shocked, knowing that this is too fast for you. I feel bad about my decision that time. But knowing you’re fine with it, I’m so relieved” he said as he my hair and give me a very warm smile.

“You don’t know how shocked I am. I have to be the mother of a child that has a father who loves lollipops and strawberry so much. Not like a normal man” I said. He pouted and pinched my cheek. I giggled and shook my head. “I’m happy Tao” I said. “Yes, I still can’t believe that I’m pregnant. I’m not even 20. This isn’t good for me. But I’m happy for you. For us” I continue and Tao nodded.

“Thanks for choosing me” he leans his body and kiss me. “I’m sorry for rushing things like this” he apologized and pouts. I giggled again.

“You don’t need to, Tao. It’s okay. I said I’m happy.” I smile but suddenly the door opens and I see 2 persons standing side by side, looking at us with worry face. Tao’s parents. Tao quickly holds my hand tightly and give them a fierce look.

“What do you want?” he asked harshly to them. “How can you find me here?” he asked again.

“We went to your room but we couldn’t find you so we left your room. And then we saw this room with Rin’s name on the door. So we opened the door and we were right. What happened to you, Rin?” asked Tao’s mom to me. I bit my lower lip and Tao holds my hand tighter.

“Are you sick, Rin?” asked Tao’s dad. They walk closer to the bed.

“She’s pregnant” replied Tao to his parents. They stopped and staring at Tao. “You’ll say I’m joking but I’m not” he said. They looked shocked, well yes they are very very shocked. Tao’s mom covered using her right palm.

“What did you just said Tao?” Tao’s dad asked once again. “Are you insane?” he walks towards Tao and about to punch Tao.

“Sir, please” I reached out my hand and try to stop Tao’s father. Tao’s father is looking at me with his questioning eyes. “H- He’s not insane. Yes, I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant” I said once again, to make sure that Tao’s father has to hear it right.

“Just lay down, don’t move too much” Tao said to me as he push my body back to sleeping position. Tao glanced at his dad and sighed. “Hit me. Punch me. Beat me down! I’m okay with it. Punch me as much as you want but I won’t stop. You can’t force her to do abortion. I won’t let you” he said.

“You bastard!” Tao’s  dad punched Tao in his face. Tao’s mom quickly stopped her husband’s reaction to what Tao said to him. I quickly hold Tao who is about to fall down. Tao’s lower lip is bleeding.

“A-Are you alright, Tao?” I quickly take a tissue and wipe his blood away. He glares at his dad.

“Punch me again! I’m not afraid of you!” he said as he moves his head closer to his dad’s hand. “Punch me again! You like to see me suffering right? You like to see me ails osteosarcoma right? You said you feel bad about what you’ve done to me, now what? PUNCH ME!” he yells to his dad. His mom is crying.

“Honey, please. Stop it” says his mom. “Tao you too, just stop it” she palmed her face and burst into crying. His dad looking at Tao fiercely, so does Tao.

“I will never. EVER agree with this!” said Tao’s dad to both of us.