Lay's Doubt

When Love Ends

"Sit down, Miss Li" he said and i do what he said.

"What is it, doctor? Why do you want to see me?" i asked him curiously.

"It's about Tao" said the doctor.

"Yes, what is it?" i asked again, even more curious. The doctor sighed, my heart beats faster. 

"I don't know how you'll accept this. But we got a bad news"


My heart beats so fast that i don't know what to say. Maybe the doctor knows that i don't really want to hear the bad news but he got no choice but to tell me the truth. He sighs.

"I don't think surgery will cure the disease." he started. I look down as i fist my arm real tight. I try so hard to breathe. "Miss Li, i know you don't want to hear this. But i got no choice. I have to tell you the bad news" explained the doctor. I nodded slowly. "So-"

"Can we.. talk about this later, Sir?" i cut his words and give him a forced smile. "I think i need to use the bathroom" i said.

"Ok, we'll talk about it later."

"Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day, Sir" i said as i stand up and bowed to the doctor. I go outside the doctor's room and walked slowly to Tao's room. I open the door and i see him sleeping silently. I walked towards him and smile seeing his face. And a thought crosses my mind. What if he never wake up from his sleeps? What if i get no chance to say that he's the only one for me? What if he leaves? What if he went away? I sobbed once and i cover my mouth usig my right palm, avoiding from loud sobs to come. I cannot imagine to live without him. I close my eyes tightly and hold my tears not to fall from my eyes.

"Rin?"

I slowly open my eyes and i can see Tao is looking at me.

"You're awake?" i asked him and he nodded slowly. "D-Do you want to eat? Or-"

"Why did you close your eyes earlier?"

I frozen.

"Why?" he asked one more time, full of curiousity. I shook my head. "Why?" he asked again. I gulped down and shook my head one more time. I sit down on the chair, next to his bed and just smile.

"Tao, i love you okay? You're the only one for me, so don't leave me alone, promise?" i said. He blinks his eyes rapidly. "I know, i know. You'll be so curious why i said that words, but-"

"I know. I love you too. And you're the only one for me too. But not to leave you.." he stopped and smile. "I'm not promise but i'll do my best. So.." he replied. It's an awkward silence for 3 seconds, he's just staring at me while i lower down my head, avoiding his eye contact. "Look at me" he broke the silecne. I lift my head and he smiles. "You too. Don't leave me alone, okay?"

I slowly nodded. I swear to God, i won't leave him. No matter what happen.


I was walking down the street when suddenly, someone with a motorcycle stopped right next to me and open his helmet.

"Lay?"

He smiled and nodded. "How are you? It's been like, 2 months right?" he asked.

"Ah, yeah, i'm doing great these days. How about you?"

"Me too. Just missing you day by day" he smirked and i hissed. "How's your relationship with Tao?" he asked again and i just lower down my head. I think he recognize and asked again, "W-What happened? Something wrong?" he asked confusley. I remembered that Lay doesn't know what happened with Tao. He doesn't know that Tao ails osteosarcoma. I just give him a smile and shook my head.

"Nothing happened. Everything's fine and we're a cute couple" i giggled forcely. Lay doesn't even laugh, he just staring at me confusely and slants his eyes on me.

"What really happened? Look silly, i know you, okay? We've been together like my entire life, don't lie to me. Tell me" he forced me. I shook my head once again, this time, i pout. He suddenly holds my hand and glares at me. "I'm not going to release your hand until you tell me the truth. I'm not letting you go. Cos i'm not giving you away to him just to make you sad" he said. I nodded.

"He ails osteosarcoma, and surgery cannot cure his disease." i explained. I glanced at Lay's face, his jaw dropped and he blinks numerous times. "Now you know, can you let go of my hand?"

"So, you were in the hospital with Tao, and not your relatives?" he asked and i nodded. "Why did you lie to me?"

"Why do i have to tell you by the way? Okay just release my hand and let me go please?" i try to release my hand but he gripped my hand so tight. "Lay!"

"Can i.. Go to the hospital with you?" he asked. I slant my eyes. "Please?" he begs me.

"What? You want to fight with him again?"

"Of course not! Just, please?" i sighed and nodded. "Okay! Get on" he said and i get on his motorcycle. And then he drives away.

We're arrived in front of his room. I slant my eyes to him, warning not to make Tao angry. I open the door and Tao looks staright into Lay's eyes.

"Rin why did you brought him here?" Tao asked harshly.

"I'm not going to ruin your relationship with Rin." Lay speaks up. "Uh, Rin. Can you buy us coffee? I'm thirsty" asked Lay and i nodded. I went outside the room. I'm a little bit curious, what does Lay want to say to Tao. What if he reveals my bad habit when i was a child? That would be a shame. But no, Lay is not a type of person who reveals other's bad things. But still, i'm so curious. I want to peek so i did peek. I see Lay is standing next to Tao's bed. Both are really serious.

"So, that's you're going to say?" asked Tao to Lay and Lay nodded. "So you think that way about me?"

"Of course not. But i warn you okay? I don't want you to make her sad or worry too much" said Lay. They started to argue about something but i can't hear it clearly. I closed the door and buy the coffee for three of us. I go back to Tao's room and open the door. Both are just looking at each other without saying any word.

"H-Here's your coffee" i said. Lay lift up his head and looks at me with a smile.

"Ah! Thanks!" he smirked and get his coffee. I can see, it's just a forced smirk. Tao looks at me with a forced smile too. I wonder what really happened earlier. "I think i should go now. I don't want to disturb both of you. So, thaks for the coffee Rin! I'll treat you next time. Bye!" he went outside Tao's room, leaving me and Tao in a silent.

"Here's your coffee" i said to Tao as i put down mine and his on the table. Tao nodded.

"Thanks" he said. "Rin, i want to ask you something"

"Hm?" i raise my eyebrow. "What is it?" i asked curiously. He smiles. 

"Do you love me so much?" he suddenly ask. I pout.

"Are you uncertain with my feelings for you?"

"Ha ha ha.. No.. It's just that, you worry too much about me. I'm afraid you care too much about my disease so you put your feelings to number two" he said in a worry tone. I sigh.

"I don't know what just Lay said about me, or what did Lay asked to you, but my feelings to you is still number one. Believe me." i said and Tao smiles weakly.

"Lay just said to me, he didn't gave you to me to make you sad"