The New Beginning

When Love Ends

"You know, you're my best friend, best friend i even had in my life. You're always be there for me. And you help me trough lots of things. So.." he put his spoon down and hold my hand. My heart beats so fast.

"W-What are you doing?" i asked him and his face turns into a serious face. He look at me in the eyes.

"Rin, would you be my girlfriend?"


My heart beats so fast. He look at me in the eyes and his eyes are filled with truth. I gulped.

"Wow, ok" he finally speaks up. "You know my heart beats really fast right now. Phew.." he releases my hand and scratches his head. I glanced at him, his face is really really blushed. "Wow" he said again.

"Uuuh, i-uh"

"You'll say yes, right? you'll accept me, right?" he looks at me worrily. His face is kinda cute that time. I giggled and he's so confuse. "Y-You'll say no? Is it funny for you? I'm not joking, seriously! I love you!" he hissed and pouts. I giggled again.

"Nooo, i mean, your face is so cute. It makes me want to laugh. Ha ha ha ha ha" i explained and he pouts.

"Fine then if you don't want to be my girlfriend" he said.

"Yah, i haven't give you any answer, have i?" i raise my eyebrow and he glanced at me. "I love you too" i said. His eyes got wider and he blinks several times. "Yes, Tao, i want to be your girlfriend!" i clarified. He smiles widely and giggled. Both of us suddenly just share each other's giggle. Yes, it's so awkward but i don't even know what to say. So does he.

"Soo.." he started, shyly.

"Mm?" i replied.

"L-Let's take a picture" he giggled.

"A picture?" i asked confusely. He nodded as he take his phone. 

"Wait, where's my lollipop?" he glanced at me. I nodded playfully and take the lollipop. I give it to him and he smiles widely. "Ok, let's take a picture!" he said. It's a bit awkward, i move closer to him. "No, not there, here, sit on the bed with me" he move aside and give me a spot to sit. I nodded and sit next to him. Still, it's awkward so i just smile. "What are you doing! Closer!" he said as he embraces me and pull me closer to him so my head lean on his shoulder. He smiles and look at the phone's camera. "Ok, one, two, three"

Click.

He put down the phone and look at the picture. Suddenly, he smiles. 

"W-What? I look horrible, right?" i slant my eyes and he shook his head. "Then?"

"You look, i don't know. Cute?" he giggled. My face blushed and he saw it. He pinched my cheek and laugh. "You know, i'm happy today. I wanted to say that i love you earlier, but i was so shy and i was afraid that you didn't like me. Then Lay came and i thought he wanted to steal your heart-"

"He wants me to go back with him, actually." i cut his words. His eyes got wider.

"HE WHAT?"

"Yes. He asked me to be his girlfriend when we were in Namsan Tower. But i don't want to. The day you said you wanted me to be your girlfriend, my heart beats 10 times faster then it used to, and when you said you were just kidding, it broke my heart. Yesterday, when i knew that you ails osteosarcoma, i cried. So, Tao. Believe me, i love you" i said and he smiles.

"I know" he said as he caressed my cheek softly. His face got closer and he kissed me. I was a bit shocked but then i can feel that his lips is so warm. He giggled in the middle of our kiss. We parted our lips and he giggled again.

"What again?" i pout.

"Sorry. Ha ha ha.. It's just, i feel so.. You know. Ha ha ha" he laugh and i smile.

This is a new beginning for us. Thank you God.


It's a sunny day, and today is our two months anniversary. Tao has been following many treatments although there aren't any good development. I paid for the treatments, and sometimes i work in a cafe as a dishwasher. I don't care what kind of job i got, as long as i'll get money, i don't care. I open Tao's room's door and he's eating his lunch. He glanced at me and smile.

"Rin!" he shouted and i walk towards him.

"How do you feel today?" i asked as i sit next to him.

"I think i'm okay. But i got injection this morning, and it hurts" he pouts cutely and i giggled. "Give me lollipops!" he suddenly stares at me with full of hope. I shook my head and he pouts again.

"Finish your food and i'll give you lollipops, ok?" i said and he nodded. He quickly finished his lunch and i give him a lollipop. I like to see his cute face when i give him lollipop.

"Rin, let's go to the hospital's garden" he said.

"You want to go? Wait, i'll call the nurse to bring the wheelchair, ok?" i said as i walk towards the door.

"Wait! Why don't you just bring  here the wheelchair and let's go out together. Not with the nurse. Since it's our two months anniversary" he said. I giggled.

"I don't want the nurse to come with us too, silly" i giggled and get out from his room to take the wheelchair. I bring the wheelchair to Tao's room. He stands up and quickly sit on the wheelchair. I push the wheelchair to the garden. It's a really sunny day, a warm day.

"So, Rin. How's school going?" he started while i keep pushing his wheelchair.

"Nothing's good. School is boring" i replied and i sighed.

"There's no me in school, right?" he winked at me and i giggled. "Yah, tell me the truth. There's no me so you feel boring at school, right?"

"Okay, yes!" i replied. "You know, since you're my best friend in school-"

"Boyfriend. It's boyfriend now" he glares at me and i nodded. "Get used to it. Not only best friend anymore. Ha ha ha"

"Yes Mr. Huang" i replied. We are talking about so much things in the garden, when suddenly a nurse come to us and said that Tao need to follow a treatment right now. So i let the nurse leads Tao to the treatment room. I said to Tao that i'll be waiting in his room so now i'm sitting on his bed. It's already 15 minutes since Tao went to the treatment room. Suddenly, the door opened and i see the nurse is pushing Tao's wheelchair. He looked so pale and tired.

"Mr. Huang needs to get some sleep. He'll be very tired" said the nurse as she passed me Tao's wheelchair. 

"T-Thanks" i said and the nurse get out from Tao's room. I helped Tao to lay down on the bed. He smiles weakly and kiss my cheek.

"Thanks Rin" he said and he close his eyes, get some sleep. Everytime he got a treatment, he'll be very weak and tired. I'm so worry about him. Suddenly, the nurse came inside the room and tell me that the doctor wants to see me. I walk towards the doctor's room, i open the door and the doctor smile at me.

"Sit down, Miss Li" he said and i do what he said.

"What is it, doctor? Why do you want to see me?" i asked him curiously.

"It's about Tao" said the doctor.

"Yes, what is it?" i asked again, even more curious. The doctor sighed, my heart beats faster. 

"I don't know how you'll accept this. But we got a bad news"