To Be Real

When Love Ends

"Lay, you know i appriciate that too. Thanks for still loving me. And i do love you too. But as a friend" i replied and he sighs.

"It's not just that, right? What else?" he asked me. I think he knows what i'm thinking.

"And yes, i love Tao. With all my heart"


Lay sigh and waved at me. I'm just looking at her confusely.

"Bye" he said.

"You don't think.. We cannot see each other again, right?" i asked him and he just smile. "Ya, Lay. It doesn't mean we'll be enemies or something like that."

"I know. I just don't know what to say. Why didn't you just tell me earlier? I know you have feelings towards that guy, why didn't you just be honest with me. Ok, you don't have to answer my question. Now i know, and now you've told me your true feelings. So, bye" he waved at me. I don't know what to say, it's kinda awkward.

"B-but you can't avoid me, ok? You mustn't avoid me" i said and he nodded. "Ok, by the way, sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry. It's your feelings, and i really understand you. We've been together like more than 5 years, how come i don't know about you? But look, if you need me, just call me ok? I'll always be there for you." he said and i nodded. "Good night"

"Bye and good night. Becareful on your way back, ok?" i waved at him and he smile. I go inside my house and again, gege is waiting on the sofa.

 "Soooo, i heard about you love Tao with all your heart?" he giggled. I mumbled and walk towards him. I pinch him as hard as i can. "YAYAYAYAYAYAH! It hurts!" he push my hand away from his chubby cheek. I giggled. "You're happy after you pinch me huh?" i nodded.

"Dare you to hear about my conversation again" i hissed. "Oh well, it's true, so what" i sit beside him and he stares at me brightfully. "What?"

"My sister got a boyfriend~" he suddenly sings a song. I pinch him again. "YAYAYAYAYAH! SORRY! SORRY!" he looks like he want to cry so i release his cheek. "Gosh, just say you don't like it, don't pinch me! You're not a girl, are you? You got muscles?" he slants his eyes and i laughed.

"HAHAHAHA! Of course not! You're just too weak!" i said and he pouts.

"Ah, by the way, how's Tao? Is he ok?" he asked me.

"So far, it's ok. I think he must follow some treatments. I'll pay for it" i replied.

"But you got no money"

"That's why i need you, gege" i said and i smirked.

"What do you mean? Wait, don't tell me-"

"YES! OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO CLEVER!" i pinch his cheek again but he doesn't react this time. I quickly release his cheek. "Sorry. I'm just kidding"

"No no no.. It's okay. I'll borrow you a half of my money. It's the first time you need money and you want to borrow mine, you know that? Oh my God i feel so rich. Ha ha ha ha.." he said.

"Huh? I thought i just said i'm kidding. But, seriously?" i widened my eyes and he nodded. "OH MY! THANK YOU GEGE!" i hug him and he laughed.

"Oh my God, i feel so rich. Ha ha ha" and he hugged me back.


DING DONG ~

"Ok class, don't forget to make your homework. Have a good day" says the teacher. It's the last subject today, i stand up and when i go outside my school, i see Lay is sitting on his motorcycle. I walk towards him.

"Lay, what are you doing?" i asked him and he glanced at me.

"Ah Rin! I've been waiting for you. Do you want to go somewhere? I got nothing to do today. Wait, where's your boyfriend? He's from the same class as you, right?" he asked me as he looks around me.

"Err, he.. He-uhh. He's sick! Yeah, he catch a cold today, i'm going to his house right now, so i can't go with you, ha ha ha.. Sorry!" i replied.

"He catch a cold? Oh, then i'll drop you off to his house, ok? Get on" he said and i quickly shook my head.

"I-I'm fine! Ha ha ha.. See ya!" i run as fast as i can, hoping Lay won't follow me. Luckily, he doesn't follow me. I'm arrived in front of Tao's room. I open the door and i feel the wind passes me by. I see Tao is sleeping with his room's window is open. I smile and walk towards him. I close the window and i think i wake him up. He opens his eyes and flicked his eyes several times.

"Rin!" he said and i smiled.

"Good morning! Oh wait, it's already 2 PM. Have you eaten your lunch?" i asked but then my eyes landed on a bowl of noodle beside his bed. "Oh, you haven't."

"Yeah, i don't like the food. I just drank the chocolate milk, since it's fresh. I miss lollipops, though" he giggled.

"You know what? I'll give you lollipops if you eat the noddle~" i said and his eyes got wider.

"Seriously?" he smiles happily and i nodded. "Ok, i'll eat the noddle!" he said and he take the bowl. He starts eating while i'm just staring at him eating. He glanced at me and smiles. "Want some?"

"No i'm not hungry" i replied. But then my voice makes a horrible sound, giving a sign that i'm hungry. I glanced at Tao who is trying not to laugh. "Y-Yah, don't laugh. Ok, i'm hungry but you have to finish your food" i said and then i mummbled.

"S-Sorry. Ha ha ha ha.. It's just.. Ha ha ha" he laughed and then he put forth the spoon with noddles on it in front of my mouth. "Aaaahh~" i eat it and he smiles.

"It's delicious, right?" i nodded. Oh my God, my face blushed like crazy and my heart beats extremely fast. Suddenly, the nurse enter the room.

"Good afternoon Mr. Huang. How do yu feel right now?" asked the nurse to Tao. I stand up and bowed.

"Nothing feels hurt recently" says Tao.

"I see, and this is?" the nurse points at me.

"H-Hello. I'm his-"

"Girlfriend. She's my girlfriend. Her name is Rin" suddenly, Tao cut my answer.

"I see. She's a pretty girl. Are you from China too, Miss Rin?" asked the nurse and i nodded. "Well, ok then. Tomorrow you'll get an injection so don't be scaed ok?"

"Oh my, why should i afraid of an injection. Ha ha ha.. Ok, thank you" said Tao and the nurse left the room. It's an awkward silence for 10 seconds.

"Uh, Rin" finally, Tao started.

"Hm?"

"Sorry about earlier. Well, you're not my girlfriend. But it's better just to say you're my girlfriend. Or else it's going to be difficult. If you said that you're my friend, she'll be really really curious. Like, really! Ha ha ha.." he said as he continue to eat his noodle.

"I-It's ok. Ha ha ha.. Just a bit shocked though" i replied and then i sit down again.

"Actually, i want it to be real" said Tao. I glanced at him, my body starts shaking. "You know, you're my best friend, best friend i even had in my life. You're always be there for me. And you help me trough lots of things. So.." he put his spoon down and hold my hand. My heart beats so fast.

"W-What are you doing?" i asked him and his face turns into a serious face. He look at me in the eyes.

"Rin, would you be my girlfriend?"