His Real Past

When Love Ends

"Y-You said your parent's are dead, right?" i asked him even more curious. He stares at me deeply.

"You are my best friend, right?" he asked and i nodded. "My parents, left me after they couldn't paid for my hospital check up"


"When i was 16, the doctor diagnosed that i ail Osterosarcoma, at first, the doctor said that it wasn't a serious disease since it hasn't speel into my lungs. I got treatments once a week, i knew that it's really expensive but my parent's wouldn't let me stop doing the treatments until one day, my dad's factory went bankrupt. My dad became so stress, same as my mom. That was when my disease became more and more malignant. I went to the doctor by myself and the doctor said that i need more treatments while my family went bankrupt. My bones were hurt that time and i told my mom that i need more treatment. And then my mom said that she couldn't pay for my treatments. I fell asleep that day and when i woke up, the house is empty. They left me.." Tao stopped and close his eyes.

"Y-You don't have to tell me anymore. J-Just sleep" i said.

"They left me, with so many debt. I sold my house and i lived with my uncle. When he knew my disease he told me to move to Korea because he told me that Korea has a good treatments. I was so happy because my uncle paid for my flight ticket. But when i arrived, the treatment costs even more expensive than i thought. 10 months had passed and i felt ok. And then the next year, it became harder to breathe especially when i'm tired."

"S-So it was all my fault, i asked you to dance. I'm really sorry" i lower down my head.

"No, it's alright. I just didn't know that it'll be like this" he sighs. "You should go home. You're tired, right?" i shook my head. "Come on, you're lying. Go home. I warn you or i'll sulk. Ha ha ha.." he said. I don't know why he still can make things become so funny when he's laying weakly on the bed. His face is so pale and his voice is different. It's another awkward silence, Tao smiles at me. "Go home, please."

"But-"

"Please" he begs me to go home. I nodded and stand up.

"If you need anything. Just call me, ok?" i said and he smiles. I walk towards the door and glanced at him. He waved at me and i wave back. I get out from his room. Suddenly, Tao opens his room's door and i stare at him confusely. "What is it?" i asked him curiously.

"Don't call Lay to pick you up, ok? It's not dark yet so you can go home by yourself, right?" he asked me and i giggled.

"Yes i can. Thanks. Yah! Back to your bed or i'll kick you" i said playfully. And he smiled. He waved again and i wave back. He closes the door and i walk away.

I'm arrived at my house, i open the door and i throw my bag to the sofa. All of the sudden, Xiumin gege walk towards me and sit on the sofa.

"Here, here, sit beside me" he says. I sit beside him and he embraced me. "What happen?"

"What?" i stare at him weirdly. He raises his eyebrow.

"Where were you when i called you?" he asked me. I quickly open my phone.

2 missed call
Gege

I lift my head and gege stares at me and i giggled.

"What giggle? Explain it to me. What happened?" he forced me and i sigh. "Was it serious?"

"His disease? Yes" i replied.

"What? Who's sick? Lay? Or the panda guy?" he became more and more curious.

"Tao" i replied weakly. His eyes widened.

"So, what serious disease he had?"

"Osteosarcoma. Search for it on the internet. You'll know" i stand up and grab my bag. I walk upstairs and jump to my bed. I close my eyes for 10 minutes, and suddenly gege run into my room.

"WHAT THE HELL! IS HE OKAY?" gege jump to my bed and lays beside me. I slant my eyes. He giggled and just sit on my bed. "So? Tell me! Is he okay?"

"You've read it from the internet, haven't you gege?" i sigh. "He ails osteosarcoma since 3 years ago." i explained.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID? 3 YEARS AGO?" he almost screamed. I slant my eyes and sigh. I nodded and gege's jaw dropped. "HE COULD DIE JUST NOW!"

"YAH! SHUT UP! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT IN FRONT OF ME!" i push him from the bedside and he falls to the ground. I don't know why but my eyes are teary. Thinking of, yes, what if he dies? What if he went away?

"R-Rin, i'm sorry. I was just-"

"I know. You're kidding. Tao won't leave me alone like this. I know this is nonsense, i'm not even his girlfriend. But he's important to me." i cover my face using my palm. I bit my lips as i try so hard not to cry. Gege sit beside me and my back.

God, i love Tao. Don't take him away from me.


I can hear the bird chirpping. I open my eyes slowly and i see the window. It's bright. Now i know it's already morning. I look at the clock, 9 AM.

"WHAT! 9 AM!" i jumped from my bed just to see gege is sleeping on my study chair. I flicked my eyes several times. What is he doing in my room? He got a very very very big bedroom, that supposed to be mine, now what is he doing here? I walk towards him and pinch his cheek.

"Ngggg, ten more minutes" he said.

"YAH! WAKE UP!" i yelled in front of his ear and he shocks. He opens his big round eyes and staring at me fiercely. "What are you doing in my room! You have a big room, and you shouldn't sleep on my study chair!" i said. He scratches his head.

"You cried yesterday" he yawns "So i guess i'll have to accompany you. I'm afraid you'll faint"

"I wasn't crying at all" i said.

"Yes you were. Now go get to school!" he said. I point at the clock and his eyes widened when he saw that it's already 9 AM. "Gees, sorry. This happens only when mom is not here." he giggled. I'm just staring at him weirdly. "Now go to hospital. Take care of Tao. He needs you, you know?" gege smiled and pat my head. I give him a forced smile and nodded.


I am standing in front of Tao's room, thinking about what should i say to him. Good moring? No, no. It's too simple. I'm wasting 3 minutes just to think about it. I open the door and i see Tao is staring blankly at the ceilings. He glanced at me and his eyes got wider.

"Rin? What are you doing? You supposed to be at school now" he said. I giggled and shook my head.

"Silly me. My mother isn't at home till next week, and you know my gege is so lazy so none of us knew that it's already 9 AM. So, i decided to see you today. How do you feel?" i asked him and he smiled. "You need something? I'll go get what you need"

"N-No, i don't need anything. Well, except for clothes." he replied weakly.

"Clothes? Ah yeah! You want me to get it from your house?" i asked him and he nodded. "Where's your house?"

"Uh, here.." he grab a pen and a blank paper from the desk beside his bed and write his address. "Here" he gave the me paper and the house's key. I nodded and take it. When i turn around and walk towards the door, he calls me. "Rin!" i turn around. "Thanks." and then he gives me a warm smile. I nodded and wave at him.

"I'll be back!" and then i went outside his room and close the door.

I'm arrived in front of his house. I open the door. His house is not so big, but it's really clean. I explore his house, it got nothing special about his house, but it feels really comfortable to live there. I went inside his bedroom. His bedroom is really clean. But it looks like he rarely sleep in his room. I see his desk and there's a photo in frame. I take it and look at it.

"Where is this?" i ask to myself and smile. And then i put back the photo. Tao hasn't change that much. He looks the same. I look at his wardrobe and open it. "Ok, wait, how many clothes should i take? Two? Three?" i scratch my head. Oh well, I'll bring five instead.

I take his clothes and went deeper inside the wardrobe. I can feel something strange inside it. I take it and i look at it. A photo in frame. Not only Tao. But yes there's Tao, a little Tao, smiling happily with two person beside him. His mom and dad. But the picture look like it's been crumpled. I open the frame and i see the back of the photo. There's a message.

Tao, my dear son, i'm sorry we have to leave you.
We love you, mom and dad.

I slant my eyes and i see something under the message. And i knew, it's Tao's handwriting.

You lied.