chapter thirty two.

Dream Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B93p_-UBEv8


You and Baekhyun stood up before the bus could stop. As the bus stop, it caused you to lose your balence and you ended up falling. Luckily, Baekhyun caught you in time. You looked at him. "Let's go," he said, and helped you up. He grabbed your hand and walked off the bus with you. You both walked towards the apartment building when you both heard a shout. "LOOK OUT!" a boy on a skateboard shouted. But he had come towards you and pushed you out of the way, making you fall onto the pavement ground, hitting your head on a rock. "Sorry!" the boy shouted as he strolled away.
Baekhyun ran to your side. "Hyemi! Are you okay?!" he asked. You nodded and rubbed your head. He helped you up and led you to a bench. "Wait here, I'll get you some ice," he said, and ran to the nearest convience store.

You sighed and sat there. Then, you remembered that one day when everything started.

"Hyemi, meet, Chen, Suho, Sehun, Kris, Luhan, Tao, D.O, Xiumin, Lay, Kai, and Baekhyun," Chanyeol said and gestured his hand towards them one by one.
The boys smiled, some winked, some waved. But Baekhyun just stood there like a statue. No greet or anything. No movement. You looked at Baekhyun. *Omo omo... Why is he so familiar? I feel like I know him from somewhere...* Baekhyun turned his cold stare to you. You quickly looked away, thinking that he wouldn't notice you. He smirked. *Twerp.*

You peeked at him. *I know him from somewhere... OH! MY DREAM!* You looked at Baekhyun. *But, he looks nothing like my dream boy. He's not a gentlemen. And obviously, he doesn't look nice at all. I don't think he's caring at all.. But, he is certainly handsome... Hmm... Maybe I'll find out more about him...*
Baekhyun glanced at you. *What's she looking at? I guess she's cute.. But, not my type at all. Psshh.*

----------------

You and Baekhyun had entered the Arctic animals in the zoo. You tilted your head and watched the penguins slide down their bellies down an ice mountain. "Why can't penguins fly like other birds?" you asked.

Baekhyun looked at you. "Why are you asking a stupid question like that?" he said, coldly.
"I'm just wondering, I mean, penguins are birds, but they can't fly..." Baekhyun sighed and walked to a different section, leaving you behind. "Hey, wait up!" you said an ran up to catch up with him.
"Aish, this girl is troublesome," he mumbled under his breath. He sighed. *But I guess this is what I have to put up with from now on... Sooner or later, I'll have to get used to her.*

-----------------

Baekhyun stood hidden at the doorway, watching you cry. He couldn't help but feel bad. Seeing you cry just mad him feel like he had done so much to make your life more miserable than it had already been. Then he started to wonder. Has he already been changing a lot since he met her? Everything seems different to him now.  He doesn't feel like himself.

"Hyemi!" Chanyeol's voice called from downstairs. Baekhyun left to the sound of Chanyeol's footstep coming up the stairs. Chanyeol walked into your room. "Hyemi," he saw your teary eyes. "Why are you crying?" he asked as you quickly wiped your tears away. He kneeled down beside you, taking your face and gently wiping away your tears. "Is it from your parents again?" he asked, referring to the present. You nodded. He sighed and hugged you tightly. "Don't worry, Hyemi. You might not have parents to protect you, but you have me who will," he said.

There again, Baekhyun stood at the doorway, this time, with a box of tissues. His shoulders slumped down, knowing he cannot help you anymore. He sighed and left the box of tissues at the doorway and walked away. *I guess Chanyeol can take care of her. No need for my help.*
He walked out to the balcony and sighed. "Hyung! I think I likey, Hyemi noona," Sehun said to Kai.

Kai whacked him in the head. "You idiot. You can't like someone who's older than you," he said.
Sehun glared at him. "So?! I guess you can't love your own umma since she's older than you then!"
"ARGH! Just shut up! Just, don't tell me these stuff, kid," Kai said and walked away.

Baekhyun smirked. "Someone actually likes that twerp?" he muttered to himself. "This, I got to see." He walked back inside to join the others.

----------------

You woke up in your room. But instead of being in your corner, you were on a bed. You slowly looked around and realized that you were on Baekhyun's bed. *How'd I get here?* You looked up and saw Baekhyun sitting in a chair beside the bed, reading a magizine. He looked up from the magizine with soft eyes. "You're awake," he said, tonelessly. "I called Chanyeol. He'll be here any moment."

"How'd.. How'd I get here?" you mumbled.
"Why?" he asked in a cold voice.
"I just wanted to know--"
"I'm not asking about why you want to know how you got here. I'm asking about why did you leave?" he asked harshly.

You were silent for a while. "You didn't want me around... So I left..."
"I never said I didn't want you around." You gazed at him, confused. "I said that you annoy me," he said, glaring, but in a worried way, at you. *I always want you around. I'm used to your loudness...*

You were silent. You knew that if you complained with him, he would win.
He sighed in frustration. "You're lucky that Aesook went with you. If she didn't, who knows what would've happened to you."
You looked at him. "Why are you suddenly caring about me?" He was silent this time. You waited for his response.

"I'm not that kind of cold person who doesn't give a crap about the world. I can care, I can love. But I refuse to do those things. I don't want to be happy. I was never happy. Nor will I ever be happy," he said, softly. You gazed at him. You didn't know he felt like that.

The room was filled with silence. You nor Baekhyun talked.
The front door slammed. "HYEMI!" Chanyeol called from downstairs. He ran up the stairs, barging into your room. "HYEMI!" he said once more, running up to your bedside. "Hyemi, you okay?"

"She has a few bruises and scars. Other than that, she's fine," Baekhyun answered for you.
Chanyeol looked up at his hyung and gave him a smile. "Thanks for taking care of her, hyung." He turned back to you. "Hyemi, why don't you go change while I go heat up some soup that I bought? After that, you can rest," he said.
Baekhyun nodded and glanced at the both of you and left. He sighed once he left. *Hyemi, you idiot. I'll make sure that I'll be with you more. You're always a danger-magnet.*

------------------

"THERE YOU ARE NOONA!"
You looked up and saw Sehun. You smiled and waved to him, while Baekhyun's poker face was back.
"Noona, Kai and I are going to Lotte World. I want noona to come! Please!!" he asked with puppy eyes.
"Uhm..." You glanced at Baekhyun, who was trying to avoid eye contact with you. *Aish, that kid is here. What is he now?! A -blocker?!*

Sehun followed your gaze and saw Baekhyun. He rubbed the back his neck. "Urmm... Baekhyun can come, if hyung wants to..." Baekhyun just nodded, signaling that he would come along. "Okay.. Noona! Let's go!" Sehun said and pulled you to the bus stop that Kai was standing at, while Baekhyun followed behind with Aesook in his arms, glaring at Sehun.
Aesook glanced at you and Sehun. She barked at Baekhyun. "Yeah, I know. That stupid maknae actually likes her," he said to Aesook. She barked again. "What do you mean I'm in love with her?!" He paused and shook his head. "I think I'm going crazy. I'm talking to a dog!"

-------------------

Baekhyun pulled you under the bridge of the Cheonggyecheon and pulled out two coins, handing one of them to you. "Let's make a wish," he said with a smile and closed his eyes, soon tossing the coin into the stream. He smiled and looked at you.
You looked at the coin in your hand. *A wish? A wish to be with someone that I love. My dream boy.* You sighed and tossed the coin into the stream.
Baekhyun grinned. "What did you wish for?"
You looked at him. "If I told you, would you tell me yours?" He shook his head. "Then why should I tell you?" you said and stuck your tongue at him.
He chuckled. *That's my girl.* He pinched your cheeks.
You glared at him. He slowly pulled you into a hug. "I missed my twerp..." he said with a smile.
You looked at him, he smiled back. You sighed. *I missed Mr. Bacon, too... Hopefully you know that...* You hugged him back. "I missed you too," you mumbled. "Mr. Bacon." He grinned widely.
*You're forever mine.*

-----------------

You both got off the bus in front of your apartment building. You turned to towards the building and walked away with Baekhyun following "I'm going to get ready to work. You should probably be going to see--"
"I don't want to see her," he mumbled.
You looked at him. "Why not? You're both dating," you said.
"We're not. I thought Chaemi already told you this," he said, harshly.
You sighed. "Well even though, you don't want to see her, you're going to have to," you said and pointed to a different direction. Baekhyun glanced at where you were pointing at. Hyuna standing impatiently near a stop sign. "Well, I should be going to work. I guess I'll see you--" You're sentence got cut off when Baekhyun grabbed your wrist. Your eyes widen. He had kissed you. He slowly closed his eyes and put his hand on the back of your neck. Your eyes, too, slowly closed. *At last. You're mine...*

You came back to reality when you winced at the pain on your knee. Baekhyun placed the ice on your scabbed knee. "Aish, I hope that kid never shows up again... Now look at what he did to you," Baekhyun mumbled. Your eyes soften at his careness. *My list of the perfect dream boy: Gentlemen? Check. Caring, if not, once cold-hearted but changed? Check. Smart? check. Handsome? Check. Tells me that he loves me? Well, not directly, but check. And has a beautiful voice whenever he sings? What the heck? Why does that even matter?! I'll let that one pass.* You gazed at him. *I've found my dream boy. And he's been with me this whole time. How come I never noticed?*

Baekhyun looked up and realized that you were looking at him. "What?" You smiled and shook your head. He smiled back and stood up. "Let's go back home," he said and offered his hand. You looked at his hand. Impatiently, he swooped you up into his arms. Your eyes widen.
"Yah! Let me down! I can walk!" you said.
He smiled. "Says the girl who fell down. And your arm isn't even completely healed. Even though the cast is off, doesn't mean that it's still stronger like it was before. I'm carrying you back." You stayed silent. *Just like always.*


WOOHOO~ I'M HYPER.
OHOHO. I'm not ending this soon! Well, at least that's what I think.. xD
Hope you guys liked the update. ^^