Chapter 12

Childhood love

“In our time together, you claimed a special place in my heart, one I’ll carry with me forever and that no one can ever replace.”
― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yunho… aren’t we friends right now”

“Sure we are but I want us to be like we were before”

“For me, our friendship never changed, It was you who let go but it did not stop me from believing that maybe you will be back one day for us”

“Jae” said Yunho a little shocked and hesitantly “so now we are back to being friends, right”

“Of course, Yunho” suddenly Jaejoong stomach made a growling sound

“I think we better head back now since we are both hungry”

“Hahaha, yeah right I’m really hungry”

“Jae” said Yunho as he kneel in front of Jaejoong “I’ll give you a piggyback ride”

“Why, I can walk”

“It will be less painful for you and we’ll get back faster that way”

“But Yunho even you are hurt”

“It’s just some scratches Jae, it does not hurt at all”

“OK”

“So now let’s go” said Yunho as he started walking with Jae on his back

“Jae, I missed you”

“Impossible, you have your girlfriend around you all the time”

“Hey, why do you still keep that picture of us with you as if it’s a treasure” said yunho changing the subject

“It’s a treasure, Yun” said Jaejoong as he rest his head on Yunho shoulder “Everything that you give me is a treasure”

Hearing no respond, Jaejoong continue talking “Do you still remember when you were late for my birthday”

“How could I ever forget that, when I arrived there everyone had already left and you were crying”

“I was sad that you forgot my birthday”

“I did not forget… I can never forget such an important date of the year, can I?”

“Maybe, now you will since you have girlfriend that cares a lot for you”

“I’ll never you Jae, just like I never forget to read your messages at night”

“you actually read my messages, then why don’t you reply them”

“I was afraid, since I hurt you a lot Jae…I thought that you would probably be angry with me …did you know that night when you did not send your message I felt sad and also angry at myself for being stupid”

“Did you know how sad I was, always sending you messages yet only to be disappointed later and at school to be ignored by you. Thanks to Hunjoong help me a lot otherwise I would have probably been a crying mess”

“Do you love Hunyoong, Jaejoong?”  Yunho was curious to know the feeling of Jaejoong towards Hunjoong , even though he knows that he already has a girlfriend he could not stop himself from being curious about Jaejoong in every way.

“Love him? Maybe you have misunderstood something Yunho”

“I always see him around you and when he is with you look so happy”

“Of course I`m happy with him he is my friend Yunho”

“Don`t you have any other feelings for him”

“What are you implying Yunho” said Jaejoong a litte angry

“I don`t know but you guys sometimes act as if you are a couple you even went on a date”

“If you are referring to that time when you saw Hunjoong and me together, he knew nothing about this town and I thought of being his tour guide I did not even thought about running into you at that tome”

“I bet you did not even think about me”

“I did not think about you? Do you know how I felt when you turned me down. I was heartbroken but when you broke the friendship it was as if my heart was ripped out of my chest forcefully”

“I`m sorry for hurting you Jae”

“It`s alright Yunho let`s just forget about all this and be friends like before”

“Can we really be like before Jae?”                                                

“What do you mean?”

”Can you really forget about your feelings for me?”

Jaejoong was speechless, he could not answer that question. He himself was confused.

“Jae”

“Whether I forget my feelings or not has nothing to do with this Yunho, you already have a girlfriend and that does not change anything”

“It does change Jae cause I hate it when you are with someone else or have feelings for someone else “

“Why”

“Because I think I love you” Jaejoong who was still being piggybacked by Yunho was shocked and unconsciously tighten his grip on Yunho”