Chapter six – stalker.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter five – stalker.

“You look way much better.” Woohyun oppa commented as I came out of my room after pasting the bow on top of the mirror. He was still observing the guitar. “How special is this guitar that it made you smile at once?”

“Not only it, oppa. The note on it too.” I said, unable to take the smile that was tingling on my face off of it.

“Who is it from?” he asked.

“M. Doesn’t it say so?”

“Who is M?”

“I don’t know(1).” I grinned evilly.

“How can you not know?!”Oppa whined.

“M stands for I don’t know, oppa.” I said, sticking my tongue out. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m taking my princess to my room.” I said and took the guitar. For some odd reason, I hugged it.

There was this fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I just wanted to hug something and squeal like a little girl who got an ice cream.

“But I’m that girl who got a guitar.” I said to myself, closing my room door behind me. “A white guitar with an orange bow.”

I laughed as I placed it near my bed and then took my cellphone. For a moment, I felt like calling Minhyun and thanking him but then I realized that I still wasn’t the best of friends with him.

That was when my cellphone beeped.

/Yuri-ah, if it would make you feel any better, I have two tickets to a ballet recital today. /

It was from Mihi. I smiled at the text. I was smiling at everything now. I quickly texted her back.

/When is it? How about we snatch some music sheets from my mother today? I got a guitar! X3/

I bit my lip as I anxiously waited for her reply.

/Really?! When did you buy it? You didn’t buy it yesterday, for sure. You were too depressed..but I’m glad to know that you’re all happy again! About the recital, it’s at eight tonight. If you want, we can grab an ice cream now?/

Seven tonight, huh? Then…I’m dressing up in orange again. Gosh, something is really wrong with me…

/Sweet. I’ll pick you up in exactly thirty five minutes. Be ready!

Oh! Don’t wear anything orange!/

I felt myself blush after sending the message. Don’t wear anything orange? WAH! What is wrong with me?!

.

“Aish, that Inyong hyung!”Baekho groaned as they walked along the streets of Seoul. “What did he want us there for? We did nothing!”

“I told you! You shouldn’t have gone, he was just thinking of a way to annoy you.” Minhyun said gleefully.

“Ehii~. What’s with you? Weren’t you all worked up about how we blamed you for putting Yuri in a bad mood?” JR asked, slinging an arm over Minhyun’s shoulder.

“Yeah, wasn’t that why you didn’t come with us?” Ren asked.

“Nope.” Minhyun replied in English, popping the P. “It’s because I was too smart to be tricked into going all the way to Myeongdong for doing nothing.”

“Ah, rascal.” JR grinned, messing with Minhyun’s hair.

“How about ice cream? Now that Hyun’s back in a good mood?” Aron asked, putting his arms over JR and Minhyun’s shoulder.

“Hyung treats, right?” the four asked at once.

Aron’s face fell. “I knew you were waiting for me to say that.” He groaned.

The boys all jumped on the oldest. “Hyung, you should know how much we love you, right?”

“ARGH! Get off me, I’ll treat!”

And that was their method of getting AronKwak to treat them to ice cream.

While laughing and messing around, Minhyun’s eyes travelled to the direction their house was in.

Orange, he thought. And white.

-

“Two rainbow sherbet with almonds.” I said to the girl behind the counter as she smiled back.

“Aw, you’re in such a good mood now, Yuri-ah. Did the guitar made you that happy?” Mihi asked.

I smiled and nodded. “It made me that happy.” I said with a content expression on my face as I paid the girl.

“Was it a gift from Woohyun oppa? Did he know that you talked to your omma about it?” Mihi asked.

“No. It wasn’t from him. He was the one who found it, though.” I said as we received our ice creams.

“Where? Details, details! I want to hear more about your shining prince.” Mihi said, teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at her as we went to sit. Just as we sat, my eyes widened as I saw who was coming inside.

NU’EST.

Minhyun was there. It seemed as if he also saw me. From what I saw, he looked like he was protesting about coming inside.

“Yuri-ah!”Mihi said, waving her hand in front of my face. “What are you loo-”

“Don’t look back!” I said at once.

Mihi frowned. “Why?”

“NU’EST is out there.” I said, lowering my voice to a whisper.

“NU’EST?” I thought Mihi would whisper back but her voice came out as a squeal and she turned around at once.

And she saw.

She saw JR and Baekho holding Minhyun’s arms and forcing him to come inside while he was shaking his head and whining. The other two were laughing their heads off.

She saw the total opposite image of what they wanted her to see.

“Wow, it looks like they aren’t gangsters after all. They’re having fun, like us.” Mihi said, turning back to me.

“It looks like that…” I muttered, my ice cream.

When they came in, they saw both of us there. Since Mihi wasn’t looking they all waved at me. All besides Minhyun. When Minhyun saw me, he merely stared at me and scoffed.

All of a sudden my mood went deep down.

Was the guitar not from him?

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Mihi asked, seeing my face.

I smiled and shook my head.

“Aish, hyung!” We heard Minhyun growl as Aron hit his head.

“Let’s go eat on the swings.” I said, taking my bag and getting up.

“Yay, to the swings!”Mihi grinned as she also stood up.

I took one last glance at the NU’EST and gave them a smile before I left. Even Minhyun.

.

“You are not saying that that wasn’t your fault just now.” JR growled as they sat with their ice creams.

“What did I do?” Minhyun whined.

“You did nothing. That is what you did. And doing nothing, you made her like that. Couldn’t you have smiled at the least?” Ren asked.

“If it is because of me that she is like that, isn’t the question why she’s suddenly paying attention to me than why I should do something about it?” Minhyun said, annoyed.

It was only then that the wave of realization hit the remaining four.

“Then why is she caring about you?” Ren asked.

Minhyun groaned. “That was meaning that it isn’t because of me that she’s like that, you idiots.”

“Yah, yah, aren’t we getting a little too worked up about Yuri. She’ll be okay eventually.” Aron said.

“Yeah. She’s a girl. And the girl professor said it.” Baekho agreed.

“Peh, you dated as many girls as I did, you punk.” Aron grinned, nudged Baekho who laughed.

“Come to think of it, it’s only Ren and Hyun who didn’t date even once, right?” JR asked.

“Girls are troublesome.” Minhyun replied at once.

The remaining began picking on him at once.

“Hey, isn’t hyung’s noona’s ballet recital tonight?” Ren asked, all of a sudden.

“Balle – Oh .”Minhyun groaned.

“If we don’t go, she’ll personally feed you to her boyfriend.” Baekho said.

“Changminhyung isn’t that mean.” Minhyun said, trying to collect himself which he miserably failed. “Wah! What do I do? I haven’t called her even once since we came back from the States! And ever since then, we’ve been to four different schools! Noona’s going to murder me!”

“Well, let’s all go to it together then. Maybe it’ll lessen the pain.” JR suggested.

“You’re going to get beaten up along with me.” Minhyun said.

“We’ll endure the pain together then. After all, we are NU’EST.” JR said.

“Ah, the leader and his big words.”Aron said, patting JR’s back. “In the end, he would be the one who flees away.”

“I don’t flee from fights.” JR said, glaring at his hyung.

“You flee from Hwang Eunbi.” Aron said, grinning.

“Noona is scary, dude.” JR said. “I’d be living in the grave if I was Hyun.”

“Guys, I’m going out. Talking about noona totally ruined my mood.” Minhyun said, getting up.

“Alright. When’s the recital?” Aron asked.

“Eight.” Minhyun replied.

“Pick you up at seven.”

-

I glanced at my cellphone when we finished having our ice cream. “I should go back now. I’ll pick you up at seven thirty, okay?” I said, standing up from the swings. We were at a park near the ice cream parlor where there were lots of swings. We used to go there when we were kids with ice cream. It was nice doing that every once in a while.

“Alright.”Mihi said, standing up. “It’s going to be nice to see Eunbi unnie again. She’s been living the States, right?”

“Yeah, I wonder if she’s been doing well..”I muttered to myself.

“Ah. There’s oppa! I should go if I want to catch him before he leaves.” Mihi suddenly said, seeing her brother nearby.

“Cute girl he’s with. Tell him I said congrats.” I grinned mischievously.

Mihi ran off, just like that while I texted Woohyun oppa to come and pick me up at the park.

I connected the earphones to the iPhone and put on DBSK’s Doue and sat on the swing as I waited for Woohyun oppa to come. I didn’t even realize that someone had come and sat on the next swing.

I found myself grinning evilly when I heard Changmin oppa’s voice. Hwang Eunbi unnie was the unnie we were going to see in the recital. She had been dating Changmin oppa since…since they were my age. Sixteen. I had only known about it recently when Changmin oppa came to visit us, telling us about the recital today.

While I was absorbed in thought of the many ways I could tease Eunbi unnie about dating Changmin oppa, I saw a familiar face lowering itself in front of my face.

I screamed.

It was the arrogant prince. My scream made his drop the ice cream he was holding.

“Aish. You really bring me bad luck.” He whined, looking at the fallen ice cream.

I rolled my eyes. “Stalker.” I muttered under my breath.

I heard him scoff.

“So did you like it?” he asked, after a while.

“Oh, the guitar? Yeah, thanks a lot.” I said, actually smiling at him.

“Don’t misunderstand. I got tired of everyone blaming me for you being in a bad mood.” He said, nonchalantly.

I still smiled. “You punk.”

xxx

(1)I don’t know– the pun in this is that I don’t know is said in Korean as ‘Molla’/'Moreunabwa' and it was written on the note as ‘M’. Yuri made pun of that fact and teased Woohyun about that.

 

--

A/N: i'm so sorry for the delay in update. my medical condition isn't at its best. and i swear that's not a lie!

so first things first, happy belated birthday to hoya oppa! oppa has the same birthday one of my closest friends! 

and then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEE KIKWANG OPPA!  oppa is officially twenty three. aging slowly :P don't worry oppa, all oppas fans will always love you!

and also, HAPPY BORN DAY, BANG YONGGUK! how many BABYS remembered? yongguk oppa and kikwang oppa share the same birthday xD oppa is also becoming older, the is increasing :P~ but then, oppa will take better care of the other members and ise versa, right? we BABYs  will also take better care of our oppa when we can!

back to the story, from closer to further to closer. the irony kills. well, at least for me. in my personal opinion, i believe that absence makes you grow fonder. maybe that's why that's the case between minhuyn and yuri, right? x3

do you think minhyun's words are really sincere? or is he just playing with yuri? did he really mean to cheer yuri up? or did he do it, like he said, because he was tired of getting blamed?

read and enjoy, my lovelies! dont' forget to sub!

 

teaser for next chapter...

“No, guys, don’t do this to me!” Minhyun wailed 

x

“HOW CAN YOU BE IN FIVE SCHOOLS ALREADY?!” we heard Eunbi noona shout and a crash as we got closer.

“Noona, I’m sorry!” another voice whined. Another very familiar voice.

Gasping, I quickly ran ahead of Changmin oppa and Mihi.

It couldn’t be..

“Unnie!” I exclaimed as I got there. Minhyun was on the ground with his face red from probably slaps.

x

“Wow. So he’s in a gang but dead rich.” She said. All of a sudden, we heard a loud shout from inside.