chapter forty two – scared.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter forty two- scared.

“Yuri!” it was too late, the damage was already done, but Minhyun came in after me, running into the office, covered in sweat. Baekho followed from behind him.

Even though I was holding Jonghyun oppa’s jacket, I could almost feel him trembling. I wouldn’t blame him, after all, even if I was in his position, I also would have trembled just as much.

I turned my gaze to my mother. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” I said, softly. “Maybe, just maybe, I shouldn’t have cared about you, mother.”

“What are you saying?” Mother’s voice sounded irritated. “Make some sense.”

“Oh, I don’t know.” I said, sarcastically. “Because you are my mother, I came in to check if Jonghyun oppa did any damage. But instead, I find you basically torturing them by the fact that you killed father and that there’s nothing they can do about it. You tell me.”

“I find your way of speech rather rude, Yuri.” mother said. “I don’t like it.”

“I’m going to be as rude as I can.” I said. My temper was boiling up. This was the second time she had done that to me. Even last time, when I got angry at her, she just laughed. It pissed me off so much.

“Omma.” I said, still looking at my own mother. “Jungah omma. I heard Ren oppa’s noona was coming. Isn’t she a lawyer?”

I knew Jungah was looking at me with a confused expression. “Why?”

“I want to ask a favor from you.” I turned to Jungah. “Can you ask Ren oppa’s noona to get to reopen the case about father’s death? I’ll testify as a witness.”

I felt Minhyun’s hand around my wrist. “Let’s go, Yuri.”

“No.” I said to Minhyun. “Omma, can you please do me this favor? I’ll leave, even if your answer is yes or a no.”

“Yuri-ah, you know even if the case is reopened, it’s going to be hard. You didn’t say anything about your father’s death before.” Jungah omma said.

“I just need you to reopen the case, omma. That’s all I need.” I begged, tears threatening to form in my eyes. No, I can’t cry.

“Please, omma.”

I felt Jonghyun oppa’s look on me. I knew he was worried. I knew more than well he was worried because I wasn’t reacting to the fact that I knew he was my half brother.

“Okay, I will.” Jungah omma said. I smiled, at the same time, tears welled in my eyes.

I turned around to hide my face, bumping into Minhyun’s chest. Pushing past him, I ran away. From his footsteps from behind me, I knew Minhyun was following me.

But now, I was at peace. I could finally speak. And someone would finally be on my side.

I could finally break free.

.

Minhyun caught me little after I had ran away. I couldn’t help myself, I was crying. It was too much to take.

He took me into an empty practice room and locked it. He hugged me, as if to drown the voice of me crying. But at the same time, he patted my head, trying to comfort me.

“Hey, hey,” he whispered softly. “If you keep crying, you’ll just get a headache later on. Just stop, and let’s talk about it, okay?”

His shirt was getting soaked with my tears, yet I couldn’t manage to get myself to stop. He was pressing my head hard against his chest, and my hair gently, I almost felt in peace.

Almost.

No matter how comforting and gentle Minhyun was, I just couldn’t get it out of my head.

I felt betrayed.

Yes, I had hidden the fact that my mother killed my father, but I knew the circumstances if I had told. While growing up, everywhere I went, everything I did, I had been careful, not to spill, not to let anyone know of my mother’s sin. To protect our family, to protect father.

Even though Woohyun oppa and others should have been more betrayed, I felt it more. For the past few weeks, maybe even months, I had spent with NU’EST, I had grown so close to them. Our friendship was beautiful.

And then, I suddenly find out one of them is my half brother, well, who wouldn’t be betrayed.

But more than betrayed, I was scared. What was going to happen now? Were they going to leave? Everyone in NU’EST? Even Minhyun? Jonghyun oppa?

Jonghyun oppa had been my strength, my only support when I had no one by my side. I couldn’t imagine what it would be without him.

A loner, lost freak.

I was scared. Just so scared.

“I-I’m scared, M-Minhyun..” I sobbed. So scared..

.

“Oh god, oh god, mom…” Jonghyun whispered, his face buried in his hands. “What do I do, mom? Yuri must have me..”

“Yuri doesn’t hate people on such little things, Kid Hyun.” Woohyun sighed. They had left the office, almost immediately after Yuri had run off. Jonghyun was effected the most. It was almost as if his scariest nightmares had come true.

Woohyun frowned as he watched Jonghyun swirl the straw in his drink, completely ignoring his statement to comfort him. He turned to Jungah.

“I really don’t get it. What’s the worst thing that could happen?” Woohyun asked. “Yuri is not the type to hold a grudge. She’d even be glad they are related.”

Jonghyun’s head shot up at once. “I remember a time when you were jealous of me.”

Woohyun bit back a smile at the memory. But sighed. “I guess Yuri really is that important to all of us.”

“And I promised dad. I promised him I’d take care of her, when you couldn’t, hyung. I promised, even though I’m the middle and lost child, I’ll stay there for you.” His eyes were welling up with tears. “But in the end, it doesn’t even matter.”

“It does, baby.” Jungah said softly, his hair. “Because you know, she will come back to you. She loves you, that much even I can tell.”

“She used to love me as a friend. I don’t think she’ll ever be able to accept me as a brother.”

“Has it ever occurred to you that she might have already accepted you? Or that maybe she had only just grasped hold of the situation and would only be needing time to herself?” Jungah sighed. “Darling, stop thinking the worst that could happen. Try being a little optimistic.”

“Has it ever occurred to you, mom,” Jonghyun asked, snapping his head towards his mother. “How important to me she has become? At first, I tried getting close to her because of dad. But she’s more than that. I see what dad saw in her, mom. I can’t just let her go, I need to stay by her side, hold her hand, lead her, do the things dad wanted to do. But how can I, when she’s already let me go?

“I’m scared, mom. Just so scared..”


 

shotuout!

many of you might still not understand why JR is so afraid to tell yuri about their relationship.
it's really scary, you know. finding out you have a sibling that you had no idea about. it's almost unbelievable. but then, there's nothing you can do. your sibling comes, your life turns upside down. in a positive way, you have someone to share with, someone to count on. on the negative side, you feel betrayed. you had someone you were related to by blood but you were not told. and what would this person be like?
In this case, even though Yuri already knows how JR is, there's the fact that he knew and hid it from her. that betrayal would hurt way more than imaginable. 
to set the picture in another way, you just met the new student, whom you develop a close relationship with, best friends. and suddenly, the bomb comes that he's the son of someone else your father loved. reaction = wtf?
in reality it would be hard to take, even though when reading this on the computer is easy. i've been trying to explain that feeling. that feeling is the one that JR is having.
a long a/n just to explain this. but i hope you guys understood.
for all those upvotes i got, the new subbers, thank you very much! (bows 90 degrees)
i hope you've been enjoying the story. it's closing to its end, like i've mentioned before.
anyways, drop in your thoughts below. I haven't heard from you people in some time! D: