Chapter thirty - not jonghyun, but minhyun.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter thirty - not jonghyun, but minhyun.

As soon as he saw Myungsoo’s face enter the room, he also saw the change in the facial expressions. While Yuri’s face seemed to brighten more, Minhyun’s face seemed to grow duller.

Jonghyun chuckled. They refused to admit it, yet they showed it so obviously.

All the boys stood up and respectfully bowed while Yuri ran towards Myungsoo and tossed her arms around his neck in a welcoming hug.

“Oppa!”

Jonghyun felt jealous. He knew he wasn’t the only one. Baekho and Minhyun were surely feeling the same. But what could they do? What could he do?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

But did it matter? He hadn’t been able to do anything from the beginning. All he had done, and had been able to do, was watch from the sidelines. He felt useless. He felt utterly wasted.

“Hello to you too, Nam Yuri.” Myungsoo teasingly said, giving Yuri a light hug and letting her go. “Your oppa said you’ll be here.”

“Uh huh,” Yuri said, animatedly. “I wanted oppa and omonim to see their talent.” She said, motioning towards the boys with her head. “They are awesome, oppa! You would also think the same!”

“Of course, we are awesome.” Minhyun said, a little too arrogantly. Only too obviously had he implied that he didn’t like Yuri acting so familiar with Myungsoo.

Idiot, they ARE familiar! Jonghyun wanted to hit Minhyun, but he managed to calm himself down with a kick on Minhyun’s shin. Minhyun winced in pain and shot Jonghyun a glare which he rely too pleasantly.

“ Yes, you are.” Yuri said, gaining their attention back. “But you still haven’t done anything to prove it.”

The smart girl. She was taunting Minhyun. She knew Minhyun wouldn’t be able to take it. Jonghyun felt the uttermost pride in himself.

But this idiot didn’t do anything to make her like that.

Of course, this idiot didn’t.

But who cared? She was the perfect girl, as Jonghyun had always wanted her to be.

-

After showcasing their skills to an observant Myungsoo and a very satisfied Yuri, the five boys sat on the wood paneled floor, rather exhausted. Who wouldn’t be? For almost an hour, they had nonstop danced, sang and even chased each other around for the most ridiculous reasons, but they had fun.

And Yuri was satisfied.

That meant more than the world to Jonghyun. And when Jonghyun was happy, the rest of the boys were happy as well.

“Aren’t you tired?” Yuri asked as Jonghyun tried to stand up but failed to do so and ended up falling onto Aron’s lap.

“You can’t see, huh?” Minhyun said, sarcastically.

Yuri frowned. “What’s wrong with you? You were unexpectedly nice these past days, now what’s up with you?”

As if thought had just hit him, Minhyun lowered his head in guilt. Or at least that was what it seemed to be.

“I’m sorry. I’m having a bad day.”

That seemed to satisfy Yuri. She, almost immediately, seemed to accept Minhyun’s rude behavior.

Oh Yuri, you are so naïve. He’s being like that because of me, my diamond. Don’t believe everything he says.

“Should I go buy you guys some energy drinks? You look like you’ve run around Seoul.” Her voice was gentle and concerned. It sounded like music to his ears.

“Don’t burden yourself. We’re fine.” Baekho said with a grin.

“And for the record, we have run around Seoul. Or almost just about it.” Aron added.

“In one hour?”

“More like one week.”

Yuri grinned in triumph. “Myungsoo oppa and I’ll go buy you guys something. Anything you want in specific?”

No one spoke, but they just shrugged. Not like they had wanted anything in specific.

“Alright, we’ll be back soon. If anyone comes, well, be nice.” She said.

“We are nice.” Jonghyun said, almost sardonically. “We only become unnice when they start becoming mean.”

“And that is what you always say.” Yuri said.

“It’s true!”

Of course.” But everyone knew that tone. Yuri just didn’t believe them.

They watched, the petite girl leaving with the other male beside her. She looked happy. She was happy.

Just as she reached the door, Minhyun voiced.

“Yah, Nam Yuri!”

Yuri froze and turned around. For all Jonghyun knew, that might have been the first time Minhyun ever called her from her name.

“Don’t get into trouble.” Don’t let that bastard get you in trouble.

A smile. “Do I ever?” You’ll come and save me, won’t you?

Jonghyun dropped his head. He loved her, he loved Minhyun too.

But this was too much for him to take. The hidden messages, they were too much. Those messages were to be exchanged between her and him, for crying out loud, not Minhyun.

He trained himself so that he’d be able to protect her, not Minhyun.

But in the end it didn’t matter, because it wasn’t him protecting her, but Minhyun.

Because it wasn’t Jonghyun, but Minhyun. 


 

shotuout!

she's on roll, 'nuff said. 
trying to stir up more confusion. 
can't wait to write the next chapter.
anyone guess who'll be the limelight in the next chapter? ;D

silent readers, come out, come out! author-nim selfishly wants more comments! D:
lub you, subbers. ♥