Chapter twenty – unexpected text.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

chapter twenty - unexpected text.

Minhyun and I were goofing off, playing the piano and singing impossible high notes. It was the first time I had so much fun with singing. His magic conquered me at times such at that.

“Hey, remember that you guys said that you wanted to debut?” I asked, out of the blue. I had gotten my guitar from my room so that we could play it together with the piano.

“Hm? Yeah, what about that?” he asked.

“You’re all…rich and your sister is an influential figure in the entertainment business. Why aren’t you trying out? With just your singing skills, you could reach the peak which all singers always dreamt of.” I said.

“I know.” His answer was short but confusing.

“Well, why?” I tried again.

He sighed and looked at me. “How would you like to leave Mihi and become a singer? You’re the daughter of a CEO in the music industry. You should know.”

“No, I never meant becoming a singer alone, but with the rest of NU’EST. I admit, NU’EST is a cool name for a boy group.” I said.

He turned away. “New, style, establish, tempo.”

“What?”

“New, style, establish, tempo. That was NU’EST stands for.  We all made up the gang name together. So that one day, it’ll be the name of a hallyu idol group.” He said. “Too bad. We’re going to be forever stuck as a gang.”

I looked at him for a while. Standing up, I placed the guitar nicely on the chair I was sitting and then walked over to the chair Minhyun was sitting. Since it was big enough for like four people, I sat by his side.

“Says who? You could easily get in if you try, especially with Eunbi unnie’s influence. I bet all of you together are better than you are alone.” I told him genuinely.

He looked at me again. “That’s the problem. We don’t want to get in because of noona’s influence we want to get in because of our talent.”

“You have a huge chance at being accepted like that too, why are you not trying out?” I insisted.

“Can we not talk about this? We have our own reasons, okay? If you that badly want us to be under your mom’s agency, send a scout or something.” Minhyun said. From his voice, I could tell that he was annoyed. Really annoyed.

I decided to let it go. “Sorry..” I mumbled, turning away from him. “I didn’t mean to make you angry..”

Minhyun sighed. “I’m not angry.” He said. “Just annoyed…” he added, a little bit later, softly.

“Well, then can I ask something personal?” I asked, once again, turning to him.

“You can but no promises that I will answer.” He said, smirking.

“I do magic over you, I can make you say things you don’t want just like that.” I grinned, snapping my fingers.

“Oh, really?” Minhyun challenged. “Try me.”

“Pop quiz question number one – who is Hyein?” I asked, still smiling so that he wouldn’t become gloomy.

“Hyein noona? Why do you want to know about noona?” he asked, looking confused. Whether it was me smiling or something else, he didn’t turn gloomy. That was a good sign.

“Well, you turned all cute and used aegyo over the phone when you talked to her. I’m curious.”

“Hmm…I like Hyein noona. She’s an actress and Minki’s cousin.” He said thoughtfully. “My turn, is it the same with your ‘Myungsoo oppa’?” he asked, mimicking my actions when I squealed over Myungsoo oppa.

“Yah.” I pouted, hitting his arm. He cracked into laughter.

At that moment, we both heard a gasp. “Omona, you both look so cute together!”

We both stood up at once and stared at the people at the doorway of the room.

“Myungsoo oppa!”

“Hyein noona!”

-

Of everything that happened between me and Minhyun, the most embarrassing one was this. While we were casually joking around, the people whom we had actual feelings for walking in on us.

“Oppa, you’re here too? I thought you said you couldn’t come in a long time..” I said, still not recovering from the shock after suddenly seeing him at the door.

“Yeah, noona, you said that too…” Minhyun muttered. He exchanged a glance with me and then turned back to the duo.

“Uhm..I guess we should have told. Did we walk in when we weren’t supposed to?” Hyein asked, acting rather hesitant. I frowned. I knew she had walked in on purpose. I felt it when she and Myungsoo oppa exchanged a glance. But why? Even Myungsoo oppa was acting innocent.

“Not really. We weren’t doing anything intimate.” I said, trying to sound as relaxed and unconcerned as I could while putting on a smile at the same time. Minhyun stole a glance from me, as if asking me what the hell I was doing. I smiled at him, telling him to trust me and just play along.

Myungsoo oppa stood taken aback for a moment. I knew it because he was directly staring at Minhyun and not saying anything. Minhyun slipped his hand into mine. I could have sworn I saw Myungsoo oppa’s hands clench into fists.

“Was there anything you needed to say, noona?” Minhyun asked, smiling. “Because if you don’t, we’ll speak first.”

Hyein stared at Minhyun for a while then smiled. She quickly turned to Myungsoo oppa. “Tell them!” she said, looking at him. This time, from the way Myungsoo oppa was looking at Minhyun made me feel insecure. Minhyun’s stare back at him was as cold as the one Myunhsoo oppa was giving him. If not more, that is.

“Hyein…and I are dating. It’s been a while and I wanted our little Yuri to be the first to know.” Myungsoo oppa said, turning to me with a sweet smile.

I smiled back at him. If this was the way you wanted to play, even if you were Myungsoo oppa, I’d play the same way.

“Funny. Minhyun and I wanted to tell you that we’re also dating!” I said, laughing. “What a coincidence!”

Minhyun smirked. “But we’ve just stared dating. I’m happy to know that noona is dating someone Yuri knows and trusts.”

“Thank you, Minhyun-ah. That’s the same with you. I’m glad that you’re dating a sweet girl like Yuri.” Hyein said to Minhyun then turned to me. “Hello, we haven’t officially met. I’m Im Hyein. I’ve known Minhyun for a long time, so don’t worry about him breaking your heart. He’s a sweet boy.”

“I’m Nam Yuri. I’ve also known Myungsoo oppa ever since he became friends with Woohyun oppa during the trainee days. And he isn’t the type to play with someone’s heart either.” I said, smiling sickly sweetly. “My Myungsoo oppa would never play with anyone. Even out of jealousy.”

I sensed Myungsoo oppa flinch. So my guess was like totally right. He was trying to make Minhyun and me jealous. Che. Oppa, I never thought you’d stop that low..

“As for Minhyun being sweet,” I looked up at Minhyun as he put his arm around my waist with the same smile. “I knew him thoroughly before I started dating him.”

“I’m happy for you.” Hyein said.

At that moment, my cellphone began squealing “You’ve got a message! You’ve got a message!”

“Oh..” I muttered as I took the cellphone which I had placed on the piano. My eyes widened as I read it.

“A what test?” Minhyun demanded, reading it from over my shoulder.

“I..I’ll explain. Right now, we need to go.” I said.

“You’ve got that right. But in how?”

Both Minhyun and my expression changed as we saw the text. I didn’t know why, but tears were forming in my eyes.

“I don’t know! But..wehave to go! We can’t just stay here! We need another verification test!” I said.

“Hey, don’t worry. It’s probably all a mistake.” Minhyun said, trying to comfort me.

“What is a mistake?” Myungsoo oppa asked.

Minhyun and I both ignored him. “I’ll get Woohyun oppa’s car. You can drive cars, right?” I asked him.

Minhyun’s eyes widened. “His Lamborghini?” Minhyun asked. I knew he was celebrating.

“I’ll come with the keys, go to the car.” I said.

“Don’t freak out, okay?” he said one more time. I nodded as both of us heading in different directions. I didn’t even remember that I had left my cellphone on the piano..

A/N: Oh she's back
She's back
She's back
She's back
Oh she's ba - 

no. she's not back.  O:

ahem. oh lol. so sorry. xD

but that's what you're thinking, right? if not...well, i guess you guys don't care...

forgive le randomness. moi is feeling very hyper today. 

but no, i'm not back. sorry guys. up this is an update to make you feel better. i found it and i was like 

so there it is. did you like it? i sense fight.  is hyein really that bad? it seems so to yuri, right? or maybe it's jealously...

and what test? a what test? a what test could possibly make minhyun go 'a what test?!'

well, you want to know?

should i tell you? 

..

 i'll tell you.

it's a..

...

...

...

...

a secret test.

aha. 

sorry guys, you you're going to have to find out in the next chapter. which will probably be updated after this month ends, sadly. until then, wait patiently.  of course, something fruitful will be rewarded you with. (that doesn't really make sense...or does it? WHATEVER.)

excuse the excessive use of emoticons. as i must has mentioned ealier, author-ssi is really, really hyper. 

until next time, my lovelies! 

lovelies are defined as subbers, readers and commenters.