Chapter ten – when not going to school doesn’t turn out to be fun.

Perfections That Come with Flaws

 

Chapter ten – when not going to school doesn’t turn out to be fun.

Minhyun and JR watched Yuri leave the house in the super cute dress she had been wearing the previous night with Eunbi and Changmin.

“You owe me an explanation.” JR said to Minhyun as he closed the door. “Why didn’t you tell me? I understand why you didn’t tell the others but didn’t you promise me that you’d tell me if it is anything concerning Yuri?”

“I don’t know.” Minhyun sighed. “I don’t know anything anymore. My mind is messed up.”

“Hey, don’t even think of skipping school. If I hear a single rumor about you and Yuri in school, I know someone would like to find out about…well, certain things.” JR said, in a suggesting manner.

“You wouldn’t.” Minhyun said, his eyed widening as much as two huge coconuts.

“Oh, I would. Do me a favor and call everyone else up. I’ll make breakfast.” JR said and began heading towards the kitchen. Minhyun just stood there and watched the leader disappear from his sight.

“Aish, what is love anyway?” he moaned and scratching his head went to wake up the other boys.

-

“Thanks for taking care of her last night, noona.” Woohyun oppa said as I went inside.

“You should be. Don’t ever get drunk like that again. Do you know how worried we were?” Eunbi unnie scolded.

“Sorry, noona. I…had a lot on my mind.” Woohyun oppa said with an embarrassed smile plastered on his face. “Come in for a while.” Woohyun oppa said, moving aside.

“No, we should go. Today’s probably the only day we’ll get before Changmin starts promoting overseas.” Unnie said and exchanged a smile with Changmin oppa, tightening the grip on his hand. I saw Woohyun oppa’s fingers trembling.

Like they always did when he tried not to ball them into fists.

“Then, we’ll be taking our leave. Yuri, take care of yourself. Woohyun, you to.” Unnie said before leaving.

“Well,” I said after Woohyun oppa closed the door and came to sit on the couch. “I thought someone promised me that he wouldn’t get drunk.”

“I’m not in the mood.”

“Oppa, you’ve never been like this. Unnie’s just one girl, stop it already.” I tried to make Woohyun oppa feel better.

“Whatever.”

I could only glare at Woohyun oppa for that response. That was not how he was like. He had been rejected before but he didn’t act like that…

“You’re only being a burden to unnie’s shoulder if you still like her, oppa.” I said. If he wanted to play that way, I had nothing to lose. “Think of her if you won’t think of yourself.”

And with that, I turned around to leave to my room. “And by the way, I’m not going to school today. Don’t bother knocking on my door.”

I hated seeing Woohyun oppa in such deep depression and over a girl at that. But I had no other choice but to leave him like that. I’d feel better since I believed that oppa would consider what I said if I wasn’t there, even though that wasn’t probably true, than if I was there. If I was there, we’d probably argue.

The first thing that came into my view when I entered my room was the white acoustic guitar waiting at the corner of the room, waiting to be picked up and played by someone. Instantly, my eyes travelled to the orange ribbon bow which was pasted on top of the full length mirror.

My thoughts travelled from those of Woohyun oppa’s crisis to how Minhyun would explain to JR. It wasn’t like JR wouldn’t believe what Minhyun said. But then again…Minhyun seemed really pissed when JR began questioning him about me.

Flashback

“Aish! Is that important?!” Minhyun said to JR. “She said she wouldn’t be able to face her mother so I brought her here! It’s not like I her or anything!”

“Don’t lie to me, Hwang Minhyun. I can see it in your eyes. I swear if you brought her here was what I think you brought her here for, you’re dead for sure.” JR warned.

“I already said I didn’t bring her here for any other reason but because she was mentally wounded and asking me to protect her! How long are you going to drag this topic?!” Minhyun demanded. “Huh?!”

“Until I’m sure you didn’t do anything to her! I can see that you’re ly-”

“That’s all you see! All you see in my eyes are lies right? Just lies, nothing else! Then why aren’t you beating me up?! Why aren’t you beating the life and soul out of me for sleeping on the same bed with her?!”

“You slept on the same bed?!” with that, JR raised a fist to hit Minhyun but before he could, I dashed in front of Minhyun to protect him.

“What are you fighting for? Me? I’m fine. I just want you to stop fighting…” I said.

Both of them glared at each other for a while then sighed.

I bit my lower lip. What would they be like after I left?

End flashback

I looked out of my room window, sitting on the window seat with the guitar in my lap after changing into some comfortable outfit. It gave a far view of the surrounding. Since we were at the outskirts of Seoul, there were a lot of trees. Our houses, mine and NU’EST’s was hidden well by the trees.

“What are you guys acting like now?” I asked, rather to myself than them. “The same stupid guys you always are? Or are you at each other’s necks?”

I sighed and began strumming the guitar strings without a song in mind. I just wanted my mind to be filled with guitar and guitar. Not of thoughts.

To my surprise, just as I started playing, Woohyun oppa came into my room, dragging his feet. His face looked pale as a vampire’s.

“Oppa…what’s wrong?” I asked, placing the guitar aside and walking over to him. But just then, he fell onto his knees.

“So…cold…” he whispered. “Yuri…I’m so cold..” he whispered. I also lowered myself and touched his forehead to feel his temperature. My eyes widened at once.

“You’re burning up, oppa!” I said and quickly tried to get him to move.

“I’m..so…cold..” his voice was almost as weak as he was, if not weaker.

“Oppa..” I muttered, brushing his hair from his face. “Let’s go to your room. I’ll make you some soup. You need to rest.”

He looked up at me with barely open eyes. His lips formed a thin line which I supposed was a smile. I also did the same and then took one of his arms and put it on my shoulder before standing up with half of Woohyun oppa’s weight on me. I inhaled deeply before walking out of the door.

I didn’t even notice the endless vibrating of my cellphone on my bed, near the guitar.

.

“She isn’t picking up..” Mihi muttered to herself, removing her cellphone from her ear. At that moment, Minhyun and Ren entered the classroom, Minhyun had his hands in his pockets while Ren had a lollipop sticking out of his mouth.

The class immediately quieted down as they came in. All eyes landed on the. They still weren’t completely accepted in the school as they were deliquents. They didn’t pay any attention, though. They just sat down and minded their own business. Ren playing with his PSP, Minhyun putting on his headset and playing music while having his eyes closed.

“Why are you all so quiet all of a sudden?” Mihi asked. She remembered how Minhyun and NU’EST had been there in the ice cream parlor, hanging out as friends and not gangsters, also how Minhyun had found Yuri fainted from what she was told. It was the least she could do. “They don’t need the special treatment just because they cause some trouble.”

Minhyun opened his eyes and looked at the girl who had spoken. He removed one earphone and kicked Ren’s chair.

“Aish, what?” Ren asked, annoyed. “Thanks to you I’m in fourth now.” He said.

“What did that girl say? Yuri’s pet, what did she say?” Minhyun asked.

Ren shrugged. “They don’t need special treatment just because they cause some trouble. Like we’re getting any.”

“Maybe that wasn’t her intention.” Minhyun said, leaning back on his chair.

“What else could be her intention? She’s just like another student. Judgmental.” Ren said.

“How would you know? Do you know her personally? From how she’s with Yuri, she doesn’t seem like a bad person.” Minhyun said.

“When did you see her with Ri?” Ren asked.

“Recital. Backstage. They’re friends with noona.” Minhyun said. but before he could say anything else, Mihi came up to them. Minhyun and Ren exchanged a glance.

“What kind of special treatment are we getting that made you to cause a scene?” Ren was the first to strike. Minhyun held his chuckle back with a smirk. Blunt as always, this kid. He looked from Mihi to Ren.

These two, he thought. They’d made an interesting couple.

“Ah, that. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience.” Mihi said. Minhyun had to use all his force to stop himself from chuckling at the word ‘inconvenience’. It reminded him of the incident with Yuri.

“I just wanted them to stop treating you as if you’re a disease. You…I don’t think you are that bad.” She said.

“Wow, I’m touched.” Ren said sarcastically. Mihi’s face fell. Minhyun kicked Ren’s chair from under the table once again and sent him a look. Ren ree, surprisingly ungratefully.

“Other than that, is there something you wanted to say?” Minhyun asked.

“Ah, I tried calling Yuri since she didn’t come but she doesn’t pick up her phone.” Mihi said. Minhyun gave her a look.

“I’m sitting right here, in front of you, how would I know why she won’t pick up her phone?” Minhyun asked.

“I mean, after last night and since you’re neighbors…” Mihi trailed off.

“Listen here girl, we’re called neighbors but there are only three to four houses in the area. There’s a fifteen to twenty minute walk between two houses. Why should I go over to a girl’s house to ask her why she won’t pick up her phone?” Minhyun said. “And if it is about last night, call noona and talk to her. I have nothing more to do with that.”

Mihi stared at MInhyun for a while then gave up and retreated back to her seat.

“What about last night?” Ren asked.

“She fainted in the crowd. Changmin hyung took her to noona’s place.” Minhyun said. Then he stared at the clock. It was nine already.

Subconsciously, he also took out his phone and began calling Yuri.

Even when he called, she didn’t pick up. “Aish, what has gotten into that girl…” he hissed.

--

A/N: i'm sorry but i might not be updating for a while. a family thing came up. i think i already said something like this, right? if i didn't i'm really sorry, but it's going to be hard for me to update these days. i hope you understand.

another sorry, no summary this time. i'll just post the teaser. i'm really busy these days, thanks to a certain chemistry teacher *curses*

 

teaser for next chapter...

 

I closed the room door behind me and jumped onto my bed and began crying. It hurt, oppa being so hateful like that. I knew I couldn’t help it. He was heartbroken. Moreover, he was as stubborn and selfish as a yak whenever he got sick. 

x

 

“Oh, it looks like Madam G actually knows how to curse.” Minhyun said sarcastically.

x

 

I took a look at the guitar. “You look lonely today. Don’t worry, you probably wouldn’t be if the person who bought you would come.” I said.

x

 

“You guys go on ahead. Tell Inyong hyung that I’m sorry, okay?” he said and began moving away. But JR stopped him by putting his hand on Minhyun’s shoulder.

“Don’t do anything stupid.”

“Don’t you trust me?”