39

Wanted: Perfect Husband

It was already night time and I was getting really sleepy since we’ve been out from morning. Junhyung decided to leave his bike in the carpark of the shopping mall so that we can take a cab home with all the things that we had bought.

We waited in the queue where everyone else is waiting for a cab. I leaned my head on his shoulder and yawned slightly.

“Close your eyes for a bit. When the cab is here, I’ll tell you,” he said. I nodded sleepily and closed my eyes. His arm that was around my waist, pulled me closer so that I won’t fall.

After a while he woke me up and we were on our way home. I fell asleep almost immediately, lying on his lap.

 

Junhyung’s POV

I told her to sleep on my lap so that it would be more comfortable for her. I was also getting really sleepy that slowly I felt my eyes closing.

I felt my knee being tapped lightly and I opened my eyes.

“Son, we’ve reached,” the cab driver told me. I looked outside and saw Hyuna’s house.

“Ah thank you ahjusshi. How much is it?” I asked the driver. I paid the cab fare and slowly went out of the cab, without waking Hyuna up. The driver was nice enough to take our things for us from the boot of the cab while I slowly lifted Hyuna in my arms, carrying her bridestyle. She snuggled closer to my chest as she clings onto my neck.

I closed the door with my back and the driver placed the handles of the bags carefully in my hands as I carried Hyuna. I smiled and thanked him before going to the porch.

Since I couldn’t use my hands, I kicked gently on the door, knocking it. Hyerin opened the door, shocked to see me. Behind her, I could see their happy mother seeing me carrying her daughter.

“Come in come in..” she said softly, closing the door. I just smiled politely and went into the house.

“Bring her upstairs Jun,” she said. I nodded and went to Hyuna’s room. Upon reaching her room, I placed her gently on her bed, taking off her sneakers and covering her with her blanket. I shifted her fringe slightly and kissed her forehead. I took the paper bag that contains the plushy and the dress and placed it on her table. I was about to walk out when her mum stood by the door.

“Stay for the night Junhyung. Its already night and you don’t seem to have your bike,” she said.

“Erm.. Its okay Mrs Kim, I can walk home,” I said politely, feeling a little awkward to be sleeping with Hyuna under the same roof as her mum.

“Oh come on. Its not like the both of you had not slept together before. Sleep here arasso?” she said.

Without even waiting for my reply, she closed the door, wishing me goodnight. I sighed in defeat and sat by the edge of Hyuna’s bed. I yawned widely, covering my mouth with the back of my hand. Aish why not? I’m also getting sleepy.

I took off my hoodie and placed it on her swivel chair. I switched on the air conditioner and climbed on the bed, lying beside her. I lay on my side, facing her sleeping face. I pulled back a strand of hair that fell over her face. You don’t know how happy you’ve made me today. Although you’re never going to be mine, I just want to love you, secretly.

 

Hyuna’s POV

I woke up, feeling that I was hugging something but it wasn’t my pillow. I opened my eyes and looked up. Oh damn I was hugging Junhyung. Wait- what is he doing here?

I looked at his features closely that I didn’t realize I was brushing my finger over his face.

“Goodmorning Kim Hyuna,” he said with his eyes closed. I gasped and pulled my hand back. I lay my head on his chest and I heard him chuckled.

“Why didn’t you go home?” I asked, not looking at him. He stretched his arms up and I felt his chest rising slightly.

“Your mum told me to stay. She said its already night and I didn’t have my bike,” he said, hugging my waist casually. I nodded while doodling on his hard rock stomach with my finger.

“Are you working today?” he asked, while my back lightly.

“Umm hmm.. have to..” I said, pouting. He cupped my face with his free hand and lifted my head up to look at him. He kissed my lips lightly and pulled back and smiled.

“Want me to send you?” he said. I laughed.

“With what? Your bike is at the mall remember?” he shut his eyes and his head fell back on the pillow.

“Aishh...” he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. I giggled softly and my eyes caught sight of the paper bag that was on my table. I stood up and walked towards it.

“Is this mine?” I asked him. He opened his eyes and nodded.

That’s strange. I don’t remember buying anything from this shop..

I took the bag and sat beside him. He sat up and waited for me to open the bag. I opened it carefully and saw the owl plushy and a silver rectangular box. My mouth hanged opened as I took out the plushy.

I turned to him. “Did you..?” He just smiled. I was about to say something but I was too curious about the thing inside the box. Don’t tell me its..

I open the cover and there neatly lay the peach dress that I wanted so much. I gasped, covering my mouth.

“Junhyung..” I managed to say softly. Did he seriously bought these for me?

He circled his arm on my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. “I hope to see you wear it one day..” he said softly.

I wanted to say something that might caught him off guard like, ‘I told you I don’t like it!’ or ‘I don’t like people buying things for me!’ but I was too touched and in awe that I didn’t bother to even try to cover up. I my lips, smiling to myself while admiring the dress.

Finally I turned to him, beaming brightly and hugged him by his neck. “Thank you Junhyung! Thank you so so much!”

I felt his lips curled up in a smile and he hugged me back tightly.

“Well goodmorning to the happy couple”

Junhyung’s head shoot up from my shoulder as I turned my head quickly. There stood mum, all smiley looking at us.

“Omma...” I whined but I could feel myself blushing. She chuckled.

“Thank you for letting me stay for the night Mrs Kim,” Junhyung said, clearing his throat.

“No problem Junhyung. Breakfast here as well arasso?” she said with a smile. He nodded and mum closed the door as she walked out.

“I’ll bathe first. Thank you again for this two,” I said happily. He just smiled and I went into the bathroom.

 

~

I walked out of the bathroom and overheard Junhyung talking on the phone.

“I may not be busy tonight. Next week my schedule is packed..” he said. I walked over to him and sat beside him, by the edge of the bed, as I dried my hair.

He chuckled slightly. “Arasso I’ll stop by. Sorry I haven’t seen you for almost a year Hongki-yah. Make sure your guards still let me in!” he said jokingly.

“Yeah okay. Bring who??” He laughed. “I don’t have a girlfriend dude. If I do, you would know by now right? Yeah I should be coming alone. But if she agrees, I might bring her..” he smirked.

“Alright see you then,” he said and hanged up.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“Its my bestfriend. Erm.. Are you free tonight?” he asked.

“Should be.. I finish work at 6. Waeyo?” I tilted my head.

“Have you been to a bar? One which is of high class. Not those budget places where old man gets drunk and tries to get in young girls pants..” he made a disgusted face. I chuckled.

“Nope. You know I don’t drink right?” I reminded him.

“Yup! So do you want to follow me? My bestfriend owns the bar,” he said.

“But I don’t drink!”

“I know.. There are other drinks that are non-alcohol.”

I thought about it for awhile. Should I?

“Okay.”

“Great! I pick you up at 7,” he said cheerfully.

 

SUBSCRIBE && COMMENT! <33