31

Wanted: Perfect Husband

 

I swing open the door and saw Junhyung half dead, leaning by the door on his side. My eyes widened when I saw bruises and blood all over his face.

“Hy.. hyu.. hyuna..” he panted softly with his eyes half opened. At that moment, he collapsed on my body, holding my arms for support.

“Yah Junhyung! Junhyung!” I said panickly. I dragged his heavy body in and shouted Yoseob’s name continuously. What happened to him??

 

Yoseob came running down the stairs hearing my panicky shouts. When he reached the living room, I’ve successfully landed on the sofa with Junhyung in my arms. Yoseob stood infront of us, eyes wide.

“Noona! What happened??”

“I don’t know! Yoseob take some water and a towel! And the first aid kit! Ppali!!” I demanded. Junhyung’s expression was in pain and his eyebrows were ceased together, holding in the pain. I wanted to tap his cheeks to ask him what happened but his face was covered with bruises that I didn’t dare to touch it.

“Junhyung.. Junhyung-ah.. Hold on okay? Yoseob is coming with the first aid. Junhyung.. can you hear me?” I called after him softly. I didn’t realize that I started to tear up until I found myself sobbing in between my words. His head just lay on my chest and his hand clutched tightly onto my shirt. He was seriously in pain.

Yoseob came with a bowl of water, towel and the first aid kit. Yoseob and I started pushing Junhyung’s body slowly backwards so that we can treat the wounds on his face.

“AAAHHHHH!!!!” Junhyung shouted in pain the moment his back touches the couch. Both of us panicked and I pulled him back down in my arms. Carefully, I lifted his shirt to reveal his back. I gasped and covered my mouth when I saw multiple bloody marks of caning.

“Hyung! What happened???” Yoseob shouted from the shock. Junhyung just kept his eyes shut tightly, biting his lips, to hold in the pain. Tears started to roll down his cheeks. I couldn’t take anymore of this sight but his wounds have to be treated quickly or it’ll get worse.

“Yoseob, you have to clean his wounds and apply the antiseptic,” I told him.

“But noona! Hyung is in pain! The antiseptic really stings!” he said.

“If we don’t do it, he’ll be in greater pain. Just do it Yoseob. I’ll hold on to him.” Yoseob nodded slowly and took the towel. He dipped it in the water and placed the towel near Junhyung’s back. He looked at me as if asking for confirmation. I held on Junhyung’s body just above all the markings, across his shoulders and my other hand rested on his upper arm.

“Jun.. its going to hurt a little okay?” I told Junhyung softly. He opened his eyes slowly, looking at me with teary eyes. He shook his head slightly.

“I’m here. Don’t worry, I’m here.” He just looked at me, blinking his eyes slowly as the well of water in his eyes started to increase. I looked at Yoseob and nodded, telling him to proceed.

He pursed his lips and slowly dabbed it onto Junhyung’s wound. Junhyung quickly shut his eyes back, eyebrows frowned together and he clutched to my shirt even more tightly. He body arched backwards and he kicked his legs at the end of the sofa, trying to control himself from screaming in pain. Seeing him in that situation really made me breakdown. I held onto the side of his head and held him close to me, leaving small kisses on his hair.

“Hold on Jun. Its going to be okay. Its going to be okay..” I whispered to him the same words again and again, trying to comfort him. Yoseob was already scared to continue but I told him to keep going. Let’s just get it done and over with. Junhyung, be strong. Be strong Jun..

Junhyung sobbed out some of his silent cries and I wiped his tears away slowly. After about more than an hour of that torturous moment, Yoseob was finally done cleaning the marks and applying antiseptic on them. Junhyung panted as a result of holding in the pain.

I looked at Yoseob as I cried and Yoseob looked at me sadly. There were also dried tears on his cheeks. He wiped away his remaining tears and stood up, taking the towel and bowl of water into the kitchen. We remained silent, listening to the sound of each others’ soft cries and heartbeat. Suddenly there were continuous knocks on the front door. Yoseob opened the door, said something and let the worried person in. as he stood infront of me and Junhyung, I recognized who he was. Junhyung’s older brother. He knelt down beside the couch, and looked and his brother sympathetically. He blinked a couple of times to control his tears. I didn’t even move. I just stayed there, half-hugging Junhyung’s motionless body.

“What happened to him hyung..?” Yoseob asked. Jaehyun placed his hand on Junhyung’s body lightly and Junhyung winced, which made him retreat back his hand quickly. Junhyung opened his eyes slowly, sensing the presence of another person with him.

“I’m so sorry Jun. I shouldn’t have left the house. I really shouldn’t have,” Jaehyun said apologetically.

“Its not your fault… Its mine. You came… just in time,” Junhyung said softly and slowly. He even tried to smile to his brother to reassure him that it wasn’t Jaehyun’s fault.

“We should report to the police Jun. He had gone way too far!” Junhyung shake his head a little.

“Don’t. He’s still our father. No matter how much I hate him or don’t regard him as my father, I don’t want to see him in prison,” Junhyung said. So he was beaten by his father? What kind of father would beat his own child until this bad??

Jaehyun sighed. He told us briefly what he had witnessed.

“I went to out for awhile but I know Junhyung was coming home to take some of his things. When I came back, I heard shouts. That’s normal for me. Junhyung and our father are always at each others’ nerves. When I opened the front door, I saw Junhyung lying on the floor in pain and our father was just about to hit him with a steel golf club from behind. I quickly held on his hand, halting his action.”

 

 

Junhyung’s POV

“Junhyung! Run Junhyung! Run away! He can really kill you right now! Go!” I heard Jaehyun’s voice from behind while I was in pain. I know that I had to get away but I’m in serious pain from all the punches and caning I get since just now. I willed myself to crawl outside by the back entrance and went to my bike while Jaehyun tried really hard to prevent my father from hitting me with whatever that was in his hand then. I could hear him shouting for me, telling me not to runaway. He sounded crazy. Yes, very crazy indeed. I guess I’ve pushed his buttons this time.

I started the engine weakly and tried to ignore the pain on my back and my face and just go straight to Yoseob’s house. I got off my bike and crawled once again to the porch and managed to pull myself up and lean on the wall beside the door. I used all the energy that I had left to bang on the door, hoping Yoseob would open the door as soon as possible. The moment the door opened, I saw Hyuna. I was shocked, far from shocked, I’ve not seen her for a week! Not heard her voice, not embraced her. All I could manage to say was her name and the next thing I know, I collapsed on her body, holding her arms for support.

 

Hyuna’s POV

“I just know that Junhyung would have gone straight here,” Jaehyun said. He sighed and looked at Junhyung who was already sleeping soundly.

“Thank you Hyuna, for looking after him. I think Yoseob wouldn’t know what to do if he’s alone.”

“I just happened to be here,” I said.

“Then I guess its fate,” Jaehyun said and smiled. He stood up, preparing to leave after leaving a peck on Junhyung’s forhead lightly. After he went off, Yoseob sat on the spot where Jaehyun had kneeled previously. Both of us looked at Junhyung.

“Noona, I know hyung had done so many bad things to you. He’s irritating and always making you angry. But noona…. He really don’t deserve this. He really don’t. I hope you’ll forgive him,” Yoseob said to me softly.

 

 

Aishhh I'm so tired updating this at 1am plus. I'll try to do some more updates tmr if I'm too sleepy tonight. Sorry for any errors! :)) Hope you enjoyed it! :D

SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!! <33