[SpringTempo One-Shot] Learning You {Requested by Haru-chan}

║▌║▌█║ ⒷⒿⓂ's SpringTempo Production Studio ║█║▌█║

 Learning You

Descriptions: 

Bom was having her time of the month. The difference is, it’s the first time for her husband Seunghyun to deal with her PMS ever since they got married. 

Note: [CURRENT] ; [FLASHBACK] 

 

~*~*~*~ 

 

Bom stares at the new white glass photo frame on her desk. There’s a picture of her husband trying to feed her a piece of cake on their wedding day, two weeks ago. Yes, she just married to this guy named Choi Seunghyun. It doesn’t took them long to get married, as she and Seunghyun have the same thought on getting to know each other more after marriage. 

 

“You see, getting married after going out for years is kinda cliché for me,” Bom said, before having a spoonful of steamed corn and stared at Seunghyun to check on his reaction. His brows lifted and he gave her a shocked look before replying. 

“I didn’t know you have the same idea,” He said. He and Bom first met at an event held by the company that Bom’s working for. Honestly, he was attracted to this woman the moment he first saw her. It’s the same now, still attractive. They quickly became friends as their chemistry goes well together. 

Bom stopped chewing her corn and gave him a high-five. He continued, “I want to suddenly get married and live day by day getting to know my wife. I think it’s gonna be as fun as you get to know your girlfriend when you’re dating,” 

“I know, right?” she smiled. If only Seunghyun could hear what her heart just screamed. If only Seunghyun can be her husband this instant. She has been waiting for someone like Seunghyun since forever. She never had any dating experience before, just because she doesn’t want to waste her time with the wrong person. She believes that when the right person came, she will know he’s the one. 

Apparently, he did hear what her heart just screamed. He did, at least to Bom. He proposed a week after that, and they got married in less than 2 months after they knew each other. It was a very simple yet meaningful wedding ceremony, just like they both wished.  

 

 

Her lips curve into a smile thinking of their happy moments. But the smile turns into a bitter one, when she reminisces on what happened this morning. Bom felt guilty. Before she’s off to work this morning she saw pieces of bread crust and a half-filled glass of milk on the dining table. She cleared the table quickly while cursed at herself at the same time. Earlier, she woke up to find out that she’s on her period. So it’s a permanent habit for her to have a longer shower time than usual, especially on the first two days. Seunghyun got ready earlier than her and he asked for breakfast while Bom’s still in the shower. And that’s when she got herself in trouble. 

 

“B?” 

“Give me 5 more minutes,” Bom replied. 

“But I’m gonna be late for work, can you just get out already and make me my breakfast?” he asked. 

“God dammit can’t you just wait a bit it’s only 5 minutes!” Bom shouted.  

The moment she stepped into their living room, she knew that she was alone. Seunghyun left without a word. One thing she learnt about her husband is he dislikes it when no one is making his breakfast. He used to have his mom to prepare them for him or else he’ll just have it somewhere outside. But now that he has a wife, it’s natural for him to expect her to make his breakfast, instead of someone else. 

 

Thinking back at how loud she shouted at Seunghyun earlier made her blame on her stupid hormones. This is actually the first time Seunghyun have to deal with her premenstrual syndromes, which she is bad at handling of. What made her worries even more is, Seunghyun is a man that is 5 years-old at heart. Little did she know before she became his wife that he has the aegyo side of him and he sometimes act like a spoiled child – in a cute way. So she can expect him to act all sulky after what happened.  

Bom looks at her calendar. It’s Friday today, and she hopes that this week will end faster. She takes a glance at her watch; it’s only 10 minutes left until her lunch time ends. She decides to call Seunghyun before she get back on her work. 

“Hmm,” he answers. 

“B…“ She hesitates for a second. “You still mad at me?” 

“No.” 

“Look, I know I shouldn’t have shouted at you,” 

Silence. 

“And I’m sorry you just ate that for breakfast,” Bom shut her eyes, waiting for his reply. 

“B, I have a lot of work to do now, can we talk later?” Seunghyun asks, in avoiding tone. 

Bom have no choice but to end the conversation. “Okay, see you at home later,” and the call ends. 

 

~*~*~*~ 

 

Bom carefully parks her car and runs towards the elevator. She got off from the office earlier than usual to avoid the traffic so she could reach to their apartment and prepare an extra special dinner for Seunghyun. After refreshing herself in the shower, she flips through her recipe book and starts to work in the kitchen. Like other women on their periods, Bom has a back pain too but she tries to endure it thinking of her fault. The lingering guilt made her determined to work hard and surprise Seunghyun with the taste. Halfway making the dinner, she texted to Seunghyun. 

To: T♥BI 

B, I’m making dinner~~!! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) 

Drive carefully, I’ll be waiting ♥ 

But until she finishes cooking, there was no reply from Seunghyun. She calls him but it goes to voicemail. ‘He must be working overtime,’ she thinks. Bored and hungry, she switches on the TV to kill the time, but the couch is so comfy for her exhausted body that she ends up being watched by the TV instead. 

 

~*~*~*~ 

 

Seunghyun checks on the time, while he takes his briefcase from the passenger seat. ‘, it’s already 1.15AM?’ He can’t wait to meet his wife. It’s not that he purposely coming home late though. He had an urgent meeting in the evening so he turned off his phone. The meeting ended after 3 hours, but he was stucked in the office to work on a proposal. And since the dateline is on the next Monday, he wanted to finish things off so he will not have to work on the weekend.  

Being the workaholic he is, he was so immersed in making the proposal and only realized that he forgot to switch on his phone back when the clock shows 12AM. He read the message from Bom, and tries to call her but there was no answer. ‘She must be sleeping,’ he thinks, and decides not to disturb her. After reaching their apartment, he sees Bom lying on the couch, sleeping in his long sleeve t-shirt which is too big for her, and a pair of shorts, revealing her long beautiful legs.  

 

He takes the remote control to switch the TV off and dim the light. He looks at her sleeping face. Ahh, I should’ve told her I’m working overtime tonight,’ he let out a sigh. He feels pity for his wife. He doesn’t really mad at her actually. He was, a bit, but it didn’t last long. He already forgets about it even before he reached the office last morning. When Bom called him during lunch time, he just likes to being the 5 year-old husband he is. But the sudden things happened in the office made him totally forgot about their situation. He feels even guiltier looking at how much Bom has prepared for their dinner. ‘She was really sorry… what have I done?” he let out another sigh, heavier this time.  

Seunghyun takes a quick shower and put on a t-shirt with a pair of pajama pants. He grabs the comforter from the bed and carries it to the living room. Carefully, he lies on the couch beside Bom, trying not to wake her up. He covers their body with the comforter and hugs Bom from her back. He snuggles into her hairs while trying to sleep, only to find his action wakes Bom up. 

Bom turns to face the man behind her and look at his eyes.”Oh, you’re back? What time is it?” she asks, still half awake. 

“2 in the morning,” he says, still trying to sleep by pulling Bom closer to him. Bom immediately awake upon hearing that. 

“Already? Have you had your dinner? Let me heat them up for you, eh?” She tries to get up but Seunghyun pulls her back on the couch, this time, trapping her by tangling his legs with hers. 

“B, its already late. Just get back to sleep, okay?” He replies. 

“But-“ 

“Are you hungry?” 

“Not really-“ 

“Then forget it.” And silence fills in the living room for a minute. Bom adjusts herself and places her head on his arm. 

“I’m sorry about earlier. I was pissed off and I shouted at you-“ 

“Are you perhaps on your periods, B?” he asks. 

Bom nods slightly. Her hand grabs his shirt as she hugs her husband. He chuckles a bit. “I wasn’t mad at you actually,” Bom lifts her head up to meet his eyes. He continues,But I wasn’t expecting you to take it so seriously, I’m sorry. And I didn’t even tell you that I’m coming home late, it must have been hard on you making those dishes alone.” He calmly explains. 

Bom curves a smile with her lips, “Don’t mind it, it’s my duty after all.”  

Seunghyun continues to smell Bom’s hairs, and Bom silently draws using her fingers on his chest. They stay like that for a while, before he gives her a quick peck on her lips. “I miss you, really.”  

Bom stares at his eyes and replies, “I know, me too.” before she gives him a kiss on his smiling cheek bone. She agrees as she also had the same feeling. After they got married, they went on honeymoon for a week, and after they get back to work, they were both busy with tons of assignments waiting for them since their vacation. They only get meet each other in the morning and after work on the weekdays. 

Bom becomes sleepy as Seunghyun lightly pats her back. But before she dozes off to sleep, she wanted to say something to her husband. 

“Tabi?” 

“Hmm?” 

Silence. 

“I love you, really.” 

He doesn’t reply a word but after a few seconds, Bom knows his answer as he lift her chin up and softly plant a kiss on her lips. The minimum amount of light adds a romantic atmosphere as they continue to cuddle, and falling asleep in each other’s warm embraces. 

 

~*~*~*~ 

 alienated's Note :

Please be kind, it’s my first FF and English isn’t my first language. I don’t know if it’s too short or too long, but forgive me for the lack of dialogues! ^__^ Critics and comments are much welcomed and appreciated! To Haru-chan (who requested for this) and everyone else reading, I hope you enjoyed!

...