[SpringTempo One-Shot] If Only... {Requested by alisashika}

║▌║▌█║ ⒷⒿⓂ's SpringTempo Production Studio ║█║▌█║

If Only...

“Hyunnie, Umma said that we will be moving to another neighborhood…” Little Bom sadly said to her best friend.

“Move? Where? Then you will leave me? Who will play with me again, then? I will be alone…” Seunghyun was shocked and sad, he couldn’t imagine his days without Bom playing with him. However, Bom was the one to make his playful side come out and be a real and normal child. Being from a broken home family, it affected Seunghyun’s personality so much. He was once a cheerful and normal child like the other, but when his parents divorced, he started to change. He became distance to everyone, including his mom who got the custody to take care of him.

But then when he and his mother went to a certain neighborhood to start a new life, that was when Bom came to the picture. Ever since Seunghyun’s parents divorced, he liked to be alone somewhere, and no one knew where he went. He just went somewhere alone without telling anyone but then came back home on time.

Bom was his neighbor, her house was 3 houses far from his. When Seunghyun was on his way to his usual hiding place, unknown to Seunghyun, Bom was tailing behind him. From there, Bom knew what he was doing there and felt pity for the boy.

Bom saw him only sat under a tree and buried his face on his hands, crying and talking to himself. Even though Bom didn’t clearly hear what he was saying, but Bom got the meaning. He was sad, he was lonely and angry. He blamed his parents for causing this, he still can’t accept the reality that his parents were already separated.

But then Bom came and talk to him, trying her best to cheer him and make him smile. And gradually, Seunghyun was back to his old self; playful, cheerful and warm, only to Bom.

“Hyunnie, mian… I don’t want to leave you, I don’t want to move. But Umma tell me that we have to go, we have to follow Appa because he got his job better if we move. I wanna play with you everyday, Hyunnie, and I told Umma that… But Umma didn’t listen to me and tell me that like it or not, we still have to move.” Bom’s eyes began watery, she was known as a cry baby. “Hyunnie, mian… please say something…”

But little Seunghyun kept silent, he didn’t know what to say because he was just too disappointed. He liked Bom, he liked Bom ever since she can make him smile and forget about his parents’ divorce. He liked Bom because she was able to make him back to his old self. He liked Bom because she is cheerful. He liked Bom because she is Bom.

“Hyunnie, are you mad? Mian…” Bom asked carefully, tears began rolling down on her cheek. But Seunghyun kept silent, afraid that he will burst out his emotion too much and will make Bom afraid. “Hyunnie, I promise that we will still communicate. We can send letter to each other, ne? I promise I will send you one and you will send me too, okay? Hyunnie, promise me.”

Seunghyun slowly looked at her, only to be a little bit shocked to see Bom already dwell in her tears. Seunghyun sighed, he then said, “I promise.” with a nod.

A smile crept up on Bom’s lips and all of sudden, she hugged Seunghyun tightly, making Seunghyun shocked because he was unaware of her hug. “Gomawo, Hyunnie.” She said. Seunghyun hugged her back even though he was still shock with the sudden hug.

“When… when are you moving out?” Seunghyun asked after pulled out of the hug. He actually felt bad to know the answer.

Bom sighed and answered, “Umma said… next week, Hyunnie.” Bom’s expression turned into the sad one again, remembering that she had to move.

Seunghyun’s gaze casted down again, not wanting Bommie to see the glimpse of sadness he had in his eyes. Seunghyun took a deep breath and said, “Let’s go home, Bommie.” He then stood up and walked ahead, leaving Bom who was still sitting under the tree. Bom, who was confused, just followed his words. He wasn’t usually like this, leaving Bom behind. He usually walked side by side with Bom and always waited for Bom. But now, he’s not like that. He simply left Bom without even spare her a last glance.

 

********

 

It was finally the time for the school trip. Apparently, this year’s school trip was a joint trip between President Highschool and Seoul Highschool. This wasn’t the first time for the both schools to do a joint trip, but it was a long time ago when the last time the schools had done this.

Bom had prepared everything for the trip. She was beyond excited, for she loves travelling so much. Bom even arrived earlier from usual, didn’t want to be late and ended up being left out.

When it was the time to go, all of the students from both of the school gathered and lined up to check their presence. Apparently, the schools decided to mix the students’ seat on the bus, half from President Highschool and half from Seoul Highschool. The students whined about it, but good thing that the teachers didn’t pair them who to sit with. That was such a relieve for the students.

The girls were allowed to enter the bus first and chose their seat, the boys followed up after. Bom was sitting alone in the middle seat section of the bus, her friends knew Bom didn’t like to have too many company and liked to kill the time only with herself. She busied herself with reading a book and listening to the music while waiting for the bus to start driving.

“Excuse me, is this seat taken?” A deep voice asked Bom, luckily Bom still can hear if someone was talking to her, even though it’s not that clear.

Bom looked up to the speaker. “Sorry, what?” But then she froze to examine the boy’s face. He seemed so familiar, but she can’t recall it.

Meanwhile, the boy did the same with Bom. He somehow felt that they both had met before, but he himself was unsure of it. “Is this seat taken?” He repeated his question.

Bom shook her head answered, “No, it’s empty.”

“May I sit here, then?” He asked again. Bom just nodded her head, back to her book and music.

He took the seat beside the window. He continued to stare at her, still examining and tried to recall where they both had met. Bom felt his gaze bore into her, so she looked up from her book and unplugged her headphone.

“What?” She asked.

“What’s your name?” He straightforwardly asked, offering a handshake.

Bom rose her eyebrows a little bit, looking at his hand. “You first.”

“Choi Seunghyun.” Bom froze the moment she heard his name. Choi Seunghyun, her only childhood friend. Her Hyunnie.

“H-hyunnie…” She whispered his nickname, loud enough for Seunghyun to hear.

Seunghyun held a breath when she whispered his childhood nickname. She can’t be… “Bommie?”

Bom’s eyes brimmed with tears, lips plastered with a smile. She nodded her head, “We finally meet, Hyunnie.”

Seunghyun can’t control his body. He wrapped his hands around Bom and enveloped her in a tight embrace. Bom hugged him back willingly. “Bommie, I miss you, I miss you so much.” He said, still hugging her. “Where have you been? Why didn’t you send me any letter, Bommie?” He asked her, now already pulled off from the hug, but maintained an intense gaze at her.

“I… I…” Bom stuttered. All this time, she waited for him to send the letter first, while Seunghyun expected the same thing from her. That was why there were no letters from each other.

“I’m waiting for your letter, Bommie, but it never came.” Seunghyun said again. He had rejected all the girls that confessed to him, hoping that someday he would find Bom and then make her as his girlfriend.

“I was waiting for you to send me the letter first, Hyunnie, but it never came.” Bom answered. So all of this was a misunderstanding. Both of them wanted the same thing from each other, so none of the letter has been sent yet. But they did write the letters, the just didn’t send them, that’s it.

The bus was on the way to their destination. The journey was filled with talk and laugh between the students, including Bom and Seunghyun.

They finally arrived at their destination. All the students got out of the busses and walked following the teacher. After some time of walking and explaining, it was finally the time to eat and rest. Bom and Seunghyun decided to choose a rather secluded place to sit to keep their privacy and moment together. They will use this meeting as maximum as possible, not wasting a second to be separated from each other.

The unusually short trip finally come to an end. They were now on their way back home. The students were all fell asleep due to exhaustion. When it was time to arrive, one by one the students woke up from their sleep, including Bom and Seunghyun.

When they arrived, Bom and Seunghyun hopped out of the bus and walk together. It was still noon, so they decided to go to a park first.

“Bommie, let’s exchange our letter now.” Seunghyun said when they already arrived at the park, comfortably sitting on one of the benches available there. They promised to write a letter to each other during the trip, and after the trip, they will exchange it.

Bom then dug in her bag, looking for her letter. Seunghyun had his letter in his hand already and now playing with it. When Bom was still searcing for the letter, there was a rather heavy wind and unfortunately, it blew Seunghyun’s letter. Seunghyun tried to catch it but he couldn’t, the wind was way too heavy for him to chase the letter.

Both Bom and Seunghyun were disappointed because of it. Bom looked at Seunghyun sadly, while Seunghyun looked at her apologetically. “I think I should go home, Hyunnie.” With that, – with disappointment in her heart, Bom was out of Seunghyun’s sight once again, leaving him behind without contact number once again.

 

*******

 

Seunghyun was waiting for the train to his house. He didn’t bother to sit because it’s only one minute left till the train arrived. He was busying himself by looking around the station, paying no attention to what he saw.

Just in time, the train finally arrived. Seunghyun went inside the train and settled himself in the corner. But then, he saw what he thinks he would never see again; Park Bom, his childhood friend and the love of his life. Unconsciously, he started to approach Bom, but then his stopped suddenly, noticing something.

There was a ring in her finger. A wedding ring. He felt as if the world stop spinning and his heart stop beating. Bom… is married?

“Bom…” Seunghyun said weakly, almost whispering when he finally standing in front of Bom. “Bom, is that you? Is this really you, Bom? Park Bom, Bommie?” He asked her, can’t believe his eyes. He really can’t differentiate whether it’s reality or just illusion.

Bom looked up from her book and startled. “Seunghyun… Seunghyunnie?” Bom also can’t believe what she saw. Seeing her long lost lover standing in front of her wasn’t an easy thing to believe.

“Yes, Bommie, yes…” Seunghyun said with a shaking voice. If not because he remembered that he was in the train, he wouldn’t be able to hold his tears of happiness to finally find Bom. But then his eyes flashed back to her finger again, and for the second time, he saw that ring lingering on her finger. His heart crushed and back being broken just like when he lost Bom. Even though she’s in front of him right now, but she wasn’t his. She’s someone else’s. And can he have her back? No, Seunghyun said in his mind, losing his hopes of being with Bom all along this time.

Bom tried hard to hold her desire to hug Seunghyun immediately. She had to remember where she was and most importantly, WHO she was. She’s not a single woman anymore, she’s married. But she did cry. For this one thing, she can’t hold it.

Honestly, she was overflowing with happiness. But at the time she remembered her status; a married woman, the amount of happiness slowly decreased little by little. Not that she hates her status right now, nor she regrets it too, but she had one question in her mind; why now?

Of all times she can find and meet him, why it has to be now, when she’s already married?

She didn’t blame him for this situation, she knew he was looking for her all along this time, –just like her, but again, she realized that… he’s late.

What was she supposed to do when a man, –a promising man, courting her, melt her heart, and made her open the door of her heart that has long closed only for her one and only childhood friend, proposed her? Should she reject him? She knows the answer is no.

Did she forget Seunghyun afterwards? No. in fact, the frequency of remembering him was more intense than ever. She wondered what he was probably doing that time? Did he get another girl to date? Did he get married yet? What would he feel if he knows that she’s married right now? She thought about him a lot.

Even though she loves his husband, she can’t deny that she still have that tiny spark of love she once had only for Seunghyun. However, Bom loved him for a very long time and she can’t easily erase all the feelings she had for him. Even though her husband occupied most of the space in her heart, she always has a special room for her Hyunnie.

“Bommie, are you… are you married?” Seunghyun asked her, he has that uneasy tone and Bom clearly captured it.

“Yes, Hyunnie, I am.” She held something in her tone, and it was guilt. She felt hurt seeing his expression slowly changed, obviously hurt and disappointed with her answer.

She saw him stared down blankly at her ring, made her feel uneasy. All she wanted to do now is to pull that ring off of her finger for a while so that Seunghyun won’t be that hurt to keep staring at her wedding ring. But again, she knew she can’t.

“Hyunnie, how are you right now? Are you perhaps… married?” Bom asked him, started a conversation.

“Umm, no. Not yet.” Seunghyun replied. I don’t think that I can marry anyone else beside you, Bom, he said in his mind. Why did she have to ask that question? Doesn’t she know that he was looking for and waited for her all this time? Doesn’t she know that he loves her so much?

Meanwhile, Bom just nodded her head. They were kept in an awkward silent.

After a while of suffering from an awkward silent, Seunghyun finally uttered some words, “Bom, I want to spend a day with you, a full day only with you. We will go somewhere together and only the two of us. Consider it as the last time I will be able to spend the day with you…” Seunghyun said to Bom, his eyes didn’t look at her direction, staring blankly at something. Sadness clearly mirrored in his eyes.

“Hyunnie…”

“Please don’t... please don’t call me with that name again. It… it hurts me so much, Bom.” Seunghyun said, gulping hard his saliva and the pain he was feeling. He can’t help to hear that pet name coming out from ever again, if she’s still someone else’s wife, not his. Why does it have to feel this hurt? Seunghyun asked to himself.

Bom was rather shocked and disappointed to hear those words coming out from him. She never expected that she would hurt him this hard. She felt bad, she felt sad, but she didn’t know what to do. She knew, actually. She knew what to do to make Seunghyun happy; be his wife. But that’s the most impossible thing to do and to be realized.

“So, will you come with me? It’s only a day, Bom.” Seunghyun asked her carefully, afraid that he might get rejected.

Bom seemed puzzled, she indeed wanted to spend the day with Seunghun, but how about her husband? Will he allow her to go with Seunghyun? Even though Bom would explain to him that Seunghyun is harmless, –not someone who can break their marriage, however, he is her husband. He would feel jealous and can’t accept that his wife go and spend a day with another man.

Bom was thinking whether to accept or reject Seunghyun’s request, and Seunghyun knew it. He fully knew that Bom has a husband to take care of at home, but he can’t understand her situation, her status. He himself might say that he understood her status as a married woman, but apparently, no. Even though he said that he understood, he didn’t. Because if he understood she was a wife, he wouldn’t ask her to go spend a day with him. But the selfish side of him was acting up and it made Seunghyun asked Bom to go with him.

Bom still can’t decide. “Seunghyun, I would have to ask my husband first. I’d love to go with you, you know I do. But still, I have a husband and I have to have his permission to go with you.” She said, hoping that Seunghyun would understand.

Seunghyun looked uneasy, the word ‘husband’ hurt him so much. But Seunghyun managed to nod his head and said, “Okay, I understand.”

“Seunghyun, may I have your number?” She asked, no way she would leave him without asking for his number or anything to be still in touch with him.

Seunghyun just nodded his head and accepted Bom’s phone to type and save his number in it. Bom then miscalled Seunghyun’s number and disconnected it after she heard Seunghyun’s phone rang.

She could hear the intercom informed her that they had arrived in her destination. Bom gave Seunghyun a brief goodbye, while Seunghyun, only looked at her back sadly with his eyes full of hopelessness.

 

********

 

Today is the day. Bom was finally allowed to spend the day with Seunghyun, and she can’t be happier than it. Don’t ask about Seunghyun, he was the happiest man alive when Bom texted him and said that she was allowed to go with him. He was actually surprised that his husband gave his permission.

So today, they both met at a certain café and after that, they went for the so-called ‘last trip’. Seunghyun got all planned and led the way for today’s plans, so Bom was just obediently following him while make some little conversations to melt the awkwardness.

The first destination was the park they used to play together. There, the atmosphere between the two was back just like the old time, waking up the cheerful and playful Seunghyun and the bubbly Bom. Nostalgia, that was what they did. Reminiscing the old times, recalling funny and memorable events they have shared together. It felt so good, it felt so beautiful to have that kind of feeling again when they gathered together. They missed it, they realized that it felt so good to have each other’s company after such a very long time.

“Bom, let’s go eat. I know you’re hungry already.” Seunghyun said, a smile plastered on his face. He remembered that from all the people he knew, his Bommie was the person who loves to eat the most. And what she would always love to eat? Corn. He could never forget that.

“You know me so well. I wanna have some uksusu!” Bom excitedly replied. Her love to corn hasn’t fade, Seunghyun said soundlessly to himself. Seunghyun chuckled and take Bom’s hand in his, gesturing her to follow his steps once again. They both unconsciously holding hand all the way to the restaurant, and just realized it once they were at the restaurant. They unclasped their hands and go to their respected seat.

The rest of the day was mostly filled with lots of talk and laugh, along with repeatedly bringing up or mentioning things from the past. It was dark already, but neither Bom nor Seunghyun wanted to end the day. They were pretty much happy and contented having each other side by side.

“Bom, do you have children already?” Such a mood-killer question out from Seunghyun’s mouth. He actually didn’t want to know, didn’t want to ask, but curiosity kills the cat and Seunghyun took the risk of asking the question. The risk of feeling the pain in his heart.

“Not yet.” Bom replied. “But… I’m having a baby on the way.” Bom continued her sentence and Seunghyun remained motionless, and soundless. Until it hit him.

“Bom, are you pregnant?” Seunghyun asked, more than surprised from hearing her answer. He really didn’t expect that one thing coming out as her answer.

Bom smiled happily, nodding her head. She knew that Seunghyun was shocked, but she didn’t realize that he was hurt either. All Bom was expecting was Seunghyun’s happy reaction knowing that

Bom is pregnant. But will he? Will he be happy with the newest shocking information from Bom? Bom was too happy to even realize it.

Nevertheless, Seunghyun managed to crept up a smile on his face and congratulated Bom for the pregnancy. He was happy that Bom was pregnant, but then it hit him so hard that it wasn’t his child. It wasn’t Bom’s and his child, it was Bom’s and his husband’s child.

Seunghyun wanted to have Bom, he wanted to have Bom all to himself. Call him greedy or what, but Seunghyun couldn’t care less. All he wanted was just to keep Bom with him and make her his wife. Have children, have a happy family, lead a happy life, end of story. But it’s not a fairy tale and Seunghyun knew it, far from his liking.

But he got to do something, he thought. He got to do something to have Bom as his, to get back what should’ve been his; Park Bom.

Seunghyun was contemplating on what to do next. Should he really do that sudden plan in his mind, or just do what he has been planned for today. Finally, –after fighting so hard with himself, he chose to do the first option; do the sudden plan.

Seunghyun then brought Bom to an unknown place, –to Bom, it’s an unknown place, and Bom just silently agree to go with him by following where he was going without any doubt or suspicion. Bom had no judgment of him, though. All she knows that Seunghyun was still the same, what changed from him was just his physical appearance; which is to be grown to be a manlier and more handsome man than she could remember.

They took a taxi to go their next destination, and Bom fell asleep because she was too exhausted. Seunghyun let out a smirk, an evil one, once he knew that Bom was asleep. It’s making me easier to do it, he said in his mind.

“Soon, you will be only mine, Bom. Say goodbye to your husband.” Seunghyun said to the sleeping Bom, slowly caressing Bom’s head that rested on his shoulder. The taxi kept on driving them to their destination. Bom was officially kidnapped, by Choi Seunghyun.

 

*******

 

Bom opened her eyes slowly, trying to adjusting her blurry sight. She looked around the room and she knew it wasn’t hers. Where is it? Bom asked in mind, confused of her whereabouts. She got up from the bed and walked to the door, wanted to know about the building she was in. It’s locked. Bom was more confused than she already was, however still trying to open the door in case the door was slightly broken, so it’s hard to open.

She began to panicked when the door still not opened after the countless time she tried to open it. Where the hell am I? What the heck is going on here? What happened to me? Bom questioned herself even though she didn’t know the answer.

She was still trying to open the door, –knocking, banging, when the door opened from the other side. There, she saw Seunghyun, standing with yesterday’s outfit still on his body.

“Seunghyun, where are we? Do you know where it is? Who, who locked me here, Seunghyun?” Bom rained Seunghyun with those questions a few second after she saw him. Seunghyun felt weird, he was actually worried seeing Bom panicked like that, but on the other side, he was pleased with it. He felt satisfied for making Bom panicked.

“It’s… it’s somewhere, Bom. And it’s me who locked you inside here.” Seunghyun said calmly, answering Bom’s questions.

Bom still confused, proven by her furrowed eyebrows. “You? You locked me here, Seunghyun?” Bom stammered, still processing his answer little by little. “Seunghyun, what are you doing?! Why don’t you drive me home? I have a husband to take care of!” Bom got angry and scream her lungs out to Seunghyun.

“That’s why, Bommie, that’s why I didn’t drive you home; because you have a husband. I want you, Bommie. I want you as my wife, not his.” Seunghyun answered, he had that dark expression on his face.

Bom gasped in shock and disbelieve, really can’t understand the way Seunghyun thinks at the moment. Why, why did he suddenly do this?! “But why, Seunghyun? Why did you do this?” Bom decided to let the question out from instead of keeping it to herself. She really needs his answer.

“Didn’t I say that I want you as my wife, Bommie? That’s all the reason I got to bring you here with me. I wanna keep you, Bommie. I wanna keep you to myself, you’re only mine.” Seunghyun’s answer made her fear grew up suddenly. She didn’t know this version of Seunghyun, it’s a stranger. The Seunghyun she knew all along this time was himself of yesterday; playful, friendly, cheerful. The Seunghyun who is now standing in front of her is a complete stranger, Seunghyun seemed like a psychotic man. Perhaps, indeed he was.

“Seunghyun, you’re crazy! Please let me go home, let me go to my husband. I’m pregnant, Seunghyun, for God’s sake!” Bom is now crying and begging to Seunghyun to let her go, not forgetting to accuse himself as well.

Seunghyun just smiled, and Bom found it weird, creepy. “Don’t worry, Bommie, I will take a good care of you and your unborn child, –well, let’s see if it’s going to born. I will take a good care of you as long as you stay with me, and do everything obediently.” He walked to nearer to Bom, but Bom took one step behind every time he stepped closer to her. Bom is now cornered, all she felt now was fear.

Bom was trembling, closing her eyes tight and expected what will happen next in total fear. She felt warm all of sudden, and when she opened her eyes, she could see Seunghyun wrapped herself in a (supposedly) calming embrace.

Seunghyun hugged him rather tight, but carefully, as if Bom is a fragile thing. Bom can feel his affection but it’s also clouded with her fear towards him, his action. Bom thought Seunghyun is now a dangerous man, and she didn’t know what will happen next since he now looked like a psychotic. He hugged her tight, caressing her hair softly, as if to make her relax. He kissed the side of Bom’s head while he still hugged her and caressing her hair.

“I love you, Bom, I love you. Don’t worry, I won’t harm you, I will never do any harm to you. I love you too much and I don’t have the heart to harm you. I promise I will take a very good care of you, Bommie. Please just stay with me, live with me.” He calmly said. It’s not dangerous at all, it’s harmless. But his sentences only got Bom more scared than before. Bom thought that she could never feel safe beside Seunghyun anymore.

Seunghyun pulled off from the embrace, his hand now caressing her cheek. “Now let’s have your breakfast. I’m sure your baby need it too.” He said with a gentle smile, one hand caressing her

tummy, looking like a real father. He seemed truly harmless. Bom was unsure, but however, she still followed Seunghyun when he pulled her by her hand.

They ate in silence, with Seunghyun kept his eyes on Bom all of the time. He can’t stop seeing her flawless face, he missed it too much. She still looked like a teenager even though now Bom is on her late 20, just like him. Bom gapped him looking at her, actually startled with the look on his face. He looked so in love with her, she can tell. The way he looked at her, it’s just different. It’s… full of love, affection, whatever it called.

Bom now understand his situation. He was possessive, no, psychotic man. At the beginning, she only thought that he LOOKED like a psychotic man, but now she is 100% sure he is indeed a psychotic man. No doubt.

If only I send the letter first, he won’t be like this, we won’t be in this situation. If only I don’t wait for him to send the letter first, we would be together now, happily married. If only I wasn’t a girl with so much pride, he won’t be psychotic man like he is now. If only, if only I could make him better now, I will… If only I don’t have a husband, I will do the only thing to make him normal again… but it’s just if only, the truth is, I have a husband waiting for me at home and maybe looking for me… I’m sorry, Hyunnie.

“Bom?” Seunghyun’s voice cut her trail of thoughts, bringing Bom back to the reality. She can see the look of concerns on his face, looking intently at her with a questioning face.

Bom just looked down on her plate and continued eating without producing a sound. “Bom, are you okay?” Seunghun asked her again, his tone of voice weighed with attention. When Bom didn’t answer him, he asked, “Why, Bom? Something’s wrong? You don’t like the food? Or, are you not feeling well?” He is now kneeling in front of her, one hand on her shoulder and one tucking her hair behind her ear to see her face clearly.

Bom answered him by shaking her head and said, “No, I’m fine.” She didn’t look at him, still afraid. Not only afraid of what he was capable to do, but also afraid that… she will fall for him again if she sees the look on his face.

“Are you sure you’re fine?” He asked again, still unsure of her answer. Bom simply nodded her head for confirmation. Seunghyun sighed, he said, “Okay, tell me if you need anything, arasso?” Bom nodded again, and with that, he stood up then patted her head and gently kissed it before retreated back to his seat.

Bom felt something unusual when Seunghyun patted and kissed her head. Butterfly? No way she was feeling it towards Seunghyun again. She believes on “nothing is impossible” but for that one thing, she believes that it’s 100% impossible. But then, she herself doubted her belief. Does she really believe that it’s impossible to feel butterfly in her stomach again? Seunghyun can’t make her feel butterfly in her stomach? Is she really sure?

“Seunghyun, I wanna go home. Please.” She said to Seunghyun, pleading. Seunghyun immediately stopped eating hearing her words. He looked fiercely at Bom.

“What did you say?” He asked, his voice dangerously calm.

“I wanna go home, Hyunnie, please…” Bom repeated her words once again, timidly looking at Seunghyun.

“No.” Seunghyun answered shortly, after that he got up from his seat and went back to the bedroom. In the dining room, Bom cried silently. Shedding tears was the thing she hadn’t done for a

long time. Bom didn’t cry only for herself, she cried for Seunghyun. She still had the same question; why? And it still left unanswered.

Seunghyun came out again, kneeling in front of her and cupping her face. He looked sad, he looked disappointed. She even can see tears formed in his eyes. “Bommie, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what to do, I just wanna have you. I just wanna live with you. I don’t want you to be back to your husband, Bommie, no. I want you to stay, Bommie, I want you to stay…” He apologized to her, hugging her tight with tears rolling down on his cheeks. “Bommie, please stay, please stay here… I can’t bear to live without you anymore, I don’t want to lose you for the second time, Bommie. Please…” He begged to her, his voice shaking. He really didn’t want to lose her anymore, he didn’t want to share his Bommie with anyone else.

Bom didn’t utter a word and crying harder in his embrace. She afraid that her words might add salt to his pain. She didn’t even know what to say to him anymore, for all she knows that he will still keep her with him. But why did she care so much to not hurt him any further?

“I love you, Bommie, I’m sorry if I hurt you, I’m sorry. I love you so much, always have and always will.” Seunghyun once again declared his love to Bom, even though Bom knew it already.

“I love you too, Hyunnie.” There, she said it. She no longer can deny the fact that she loved him again, – or still love him, so she said it. She said it not because she wanted to make Seunghyun happy, but because she honestly did love him.

Seunghyun, who was shocked of Bom’s words, pulled off from the hug and looked at Bom. He was sure didn’t believe her. “I love you, Hyunnie, I love you and I don’t lie. Don’t doubt me, please, don’t doubt my feeling.” Bom confirmed her confession to Seunghyun, making him sure.

Seunghyun quickly kissed her, gently, and full of affection, Bom can feel it.

 

Knock knock

 

They both broke the kiss and looked at the door. Who can possibly come to this place? Seunghyun thought. Seunghyun walked to the door, Bom following him behind. When Seunghyun opened the door, they both surprised.

There were 3 muscular and scary men standing outside the door. Bom hid behind Seunghyun, afraid of the men.

“Are you… Choi Seunghyun?” One of the man with black hair asked. Seunghyun nodded stiffly. “Are you with Mrs. Lee Park Bom? I’m sorry, I mean Jung Park Bom?”

Seunghyun’s jaw stiffened, he is now fully aware of the situation. Bom, who was behind Seunghyun, shocked that the men knew her husband’s surname. “Who are you?” Seunghyun asked calmly, but inside, his heart beating fast.

“We are Mr. Jung’s men, Mrs. Bom’s husband.” The same man answered, making Seunghyun angry with his answer. Meanwhile, Bom didn’t know what to do. She was indeed surprised knowing that her husband had his men.

“She’s not with me, I don’t know where she is.” Seunghyun answered, ready to close the door only to be held back by the man.

“Don’t lie, Seunghyun-ssi. We saw you come in with her last night, we didn’t see her coming out from your house either. She must be with you. Now give her to us or we will get her forcefully.”

Seunghyun was already running out of patience, but he kept his cool, trying to hide Bom. “I don’t know what you’re saying about. Now leave, I would love to have my bed time again.” Seunghyun said, closing the door again.

Suddenly the three men barged in, shocking the hell out of Seunghyun and Bom. Seunghyun managed to hide Bom behind his back, stayed unmoved. The three men began to roam around the house and it’s their cue to runaway.

Seunghyun ran and pulled Bom with him so Bom will be able to follow his pace. The three men realized that they were escaping and began to chase after them. Seunghyun and Bom kept running, forgetting a little while that Bom was pregnant. They ran about ten minutes non-stop and they were running out of energy, especially Bom. Seunghyun realized it and pulled Bom to hide in between the buildings. He made sure that there was a way to escape in case they were caught again.

Just when they stopped running, both were panting and automatically sitting on the ground. Bom suddenly remembered that she was pregnant.

“Hyunnie, I’m pregnant, I can’t run anymore or I will lose my baby.” Bom said in between her breaths, making Seunghyun realized that he did the wrong way to escape.

Still panting, Seunghyun felt guilty and it all drawn on his face. “Bom, I’m sorry, I forget that you’re pregnant. Sorry, Bommie, sorry.” He then hugged her and kissed her head again, hoping that there will be nothing wrong with her baby.

They heard sounds of footsteps nearing them, eventually making them panic again. Bom and Seunghyun immediately got up to run again, once again forgetting that Bom was pregnant. But suddenly Bom stopped on her track and fell down on the ground, in pain. Seunghyun looked down and saw Bom on the ground, good thing that the men still nowhere in sight.

“Bommie, what’s wrong?!” He asked, panic to see Bom like that.

“Hyunnie, my tummy… it hurts, I couldn’t walk again.” Bom answered in between her moans, she cannot bear the pain. The panicked Seunghyun actually didn’t want and cannot bear to see Bom in pain, he quickly got Bom in his arms, carrying her and then running as fast as he can.

He felt something warm on his hand, liquids. He looked at his hand and all he saw was blood, blood all over his hand and it’s coming out from Bom’s thighs. Panicked, tired, scared and confused mixed to be one.

“Bommie, you’re bleeding.” He said to Bom. He saw Bom was already soaked in tears of pain. Bom cried harder after hearing Seunghyun’s words. She lost the baby.

“Choi Seunghyun, stop!” A voice behind him ordered him to stop. Bom widened her eyes, she knew whose voice it was. Her husband’s voice.

Seunghyun kept running, even though he was extremely tired and with Bom in his hands, it added the burden.

“Choi Seunghyun, stop! Or I will shoot you!” Both Seunghyun and Bom’s eyes widened hearing the order. Bom now was more worried for Seunghyun than herself. She looked behind Seunghyun and indeed, she saw his husband running with those three men. She saw her husband pointed his gun at Seunghyun, ready to shoot him. Just when her husband was about to shoot at Seunghyun, Bom jumped out from Seunghyun’s arm and shield Seunghyun from the bullet.

Seunghyun was shocked when Bom jumped from his hands, and when he turned his head to Bom,

 

BANG!

 

He closed his eyes, expecting the bullet. But he felt nothing, he opened his eyes. There, he saw Bom lying on the ground, drenched in her own blood coming from her thighs and her left chest, almost straight in her heart. Seunghyun fell to the ground as well, he can’t take what he saw. Bom was shot, by her own husband.

“Bom, Bommie…” He whispered her name after taking her into his arm. Tears already rolling down his cheeks along with his sobs.

“H-Hyunnie…” Bom tried so hard to talk, but it used so many energy left in her.

“Bommie, please be strong, I will take you to the hospital. Please hold on…” He said again, hoping that she will be strong for him.

“H-hyunnie, sorry, I can’t…” Bom said under her breath.

“No, Bommie, please… Please hold on…” Seunghyun begged her once again, he was ready to get up when Bom stopped him.

“H-hyunnie, no… P-please…” Bom said and put her hand on his face. “I love you, Hyunnie, I’m glad that we finally met… T-thank you, Hyunnie, for trying to save me. T-thank you for keep loving me all along this time. T-thank you, Hyunnie, my Hyunnie…” Bom said, putting a small yet painful smile on her face.

Seunghyun put his hand above hers, clutching it gently and giving it small kisses. He cried hard and he can’t utter a word to Bom. Is he going to lose her again? No, he can’t take that anymore.

Seunghyun looked at Bom again, she was breathing hard, fidgeting, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. Seunghyun cried even harder seeing Bom in such state, it was such a torture to him, a big suffering torture. “Bommie…” He said between his sobs, fully aware that Bom can’t hear him anymore.

Bom stopped fidgeting, she didn’t make any movement anymore. Seunghyun felt her hand loose its grip on his and he knew it. He lost Bom again. Bom was gone, forever.

He cried again, harder than ever. He hugged Bom tightly knowing that it was his last chance to hug her. He felt guilty, he regretted his actions. He regretted everything.

If only he sends his letter first… If only his letter didn’t get blown away by the wind… If only he confessed to her earlier… If only he didn’t meet her on the train… If only he didn’t ask her out and take her to his home…. She wouldn’t die. She would be alive right now.

But that was just if only, and he is late.

 

THE END

 

Bungsky_’s note:

Annyeong alisashika, hope you like this story. I’m sorry if I didn’t really stick with the plot you are requesting, but I really tried hard and do my best writing this story. Sorry if this story isn’t sad/or heartbreaking enough, and more like angst. I’m sorry if this story is too long to your liking, it is 12 pages with 7028 word on Microsoft Word, FYI. Thank you for requesting, I hope you like it =)

...