Shadows of Desires

Lonely Footprints
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ahreum's mid-twenties brought with it a flurry of activity and a pursuit for fulfillment. She was a woman with ambitious dreams, a drive to succeed, and an insatiable hunger for both personal and professional growth. But within the depths of her heart, a void persisted—a longing for a love that had eluded her grasp.

Her career, initially stagnant and unfulfilling, began to take shape as she dedicated herself to her craft. Through sheer determination and unwavering perseverance, Ahreum climbed the corporate ladder, proving her worth in a world dominated by expectations and fierce competition.

Amidst the chaos of her professional life, she maintained connections with the familiar faces from her past—Dohyun, Jimin, and Taeyong. They were the pillars that provided stability amidst the whirlwind of her existence, friends who had witnessed her triumphs and supported her through her darkest moments.

But it was Taeyong, with his magnetic presence and unwavering support, who ignited a forbidden desire within her—a flame that danced dangerously close to the edges of morality. Their friendship took on a deeper meaning, a connection that stirred both their hearts and bodies.

As the lines blurred between friendship and desire, Ahreum found herself irresistibly drawn to Taeyong's allure. Their encounters became stolen moments of passion, hidden from prying eyes and the judgments of society. In those stolen moments, Ahreum felt alive, desired, and momentarily liberated from the shackles of her own loneliness.

Yet, with each clandestine meeting, guilt seeped into the cracks of her conscience. The weight of her actions grew heavier with each passing day, as she grappled with the repercussions of her choices. The fear of discovery and the consequences

Please log in to read the full chapter