Whispers of the Heart

Lonely Footprints
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Ahreum's final year of university approached, the anticipation of stepping into the professional world mingled with a bittersweet sentiment. It was during this pivotal time that she found herself immersed in the world of internships, where new connections would be forged and unexpected emotions would arise.

Her internship placement led her to the bustling office of a renowned company, where she was greeted by a whirlwind of tasks and responsibilities. Amidst the organized chaos, Ahreum found solace in the camaraderie of her fellow interns, particularly Yoo Jimin, a kindred spirit who shared her passion for excellence.

But it was Lee Dohyun, a senior in the company, who captured Ahreum's attention. There was an undeniable chemistry between them, an unspoken connection that whispered of possibility. Dohyun's warm smile and genuine interest in her work made Ahreum's heart flutter, igniting a spark of hope within her.

Days turned into weeks, and Ahreum's infatuation with Dohyun deepened. Their interactions were filled with shared laughter, stolen glances, and a growing sense of familiarity. In her heart, she began to believe that perhaps Dohyun reciprocated her feelings, that they were on the cusp of something beautiful.

But as time wore on, subtle changes in Dohyun's behavior caught Ahreum's attention. His once attentive gaze wavered, his touch became more fleeting, and a distance settled between them. Ahreum's heart ached as she observed th

Please log in to read the full chapter