July XX, 2020

[hiatus] Image Training
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin tightened her long black ponytail as she approached the door to meet Ms. Yang, the instructor who will guide her on-camera persona.

Today, the girls will have separate sessions and then reconvene later for a mock filming, in which the footage will be assessed by the teachers. Yes, after their first session, which they're all attending today with different instructors, they're going to be immediately critiqued.

Jimin took deep breaths to stabilize herself. It would be bad to come in anxious and feeling like having to puke. For as understanding as SM's instructors can be, they can be quite passive aggressive. Jimin has heard plenty, they all have. It's even why some of her best friends left SM Rookies, that and the shame for never meeting impossible Korean expectations.

Get out of your mind, Jimin.

She's going to be a top idol, and top idols are always prepared. There might even be a camera in the room filming her walk in.

I'm Karina, and I'm here to shine.

"Welcome Karina, are you ready to get started?"

There was definitely a camera in the room, already recording, and three other employees from different departments, with name tags of her members. In her hands, Ms. Yang passed out stacks of cards to each of them and finally to her.

"Yes. Good morning, everyone. I look forward learning from you all."

-----------

Jimin returned to the dorm, exhausted. The amount of microdecisions she had to make, her speech, her movements, her facial expressions, during the session was tiring, overwhelming. There were so many moving parts, when she decided to encourage fake Giselle to do rap covers at the session, she didn't realize fake Winter and fake Ningning grew bored and drew ugly pictures of each other. They giggled and laughed so loud that fake Giselle slammed his hands down the table and demanded respect to the unnie that was talking. And then Ms. Yang shook her head and jotted something down in her clipboard.

Jimin chucked her shoes off and headed straight to the couch, grabbing the blanket that was wadded up in the corner and laid her body down. She wanted to feel comforted before she meets up with the members for lunch, the real members.

But she heard a shriek coming from the end of the couch.

"Nooo!" Jimin glanced back at the sound and found Minjeong's wide eyes.

"O-oh, hey Jimin... my blanket... I was using that... I'm going to get it back now,"

Jimin's demeanor saddened.

"I mean!! We can share it if you like?"

Jimin's face lit up. The two resettled themselves on the couch so that they both were using the blanket.

Minjeong looked pensive.

Jimin wanted to talk. Talking is how you get information to be prepared.

"How was your session? Mine had 3 employees with yours, Aeri's, and Yizhuo's name tag on them and we acted out probably 10 scenarios." Jimin was fidgeting and naturally found Minjeong's hands to play with before continuing, "It was a hot mess, but I think I handled it well. The instructor looked a bit disappointed, but come on, it was my first time."

Minjeong's voice wavered with what she said next, "I didn't do too good."

Jimin paused her ministrations, attention locked onto her dorm mate, shocked, scared. Any failure is a one-way street to getting kicked out, but then again, the line-up is final, could they really kick any of them out?

Minjeong smirked, "I did fantastic!! Aha, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter