008

Fallin' in love [CURRENTLY EDITING]

Jimin's eyes flew open as she bolted upright in her bed, her heart racing with a sense of unease. The feeling of dread and panic gnawed at her chest as she realized that Minjeong was nowhere to be found in her own chamber. Frantic and anxious, she scoured every nook and cranny of her chambers, searching for any sign of her friend. With each passing moment, Jimin's heart rate accelerated, and her breaths became more labored.


Finally, Jimin mustered the courage to leave her chambers and race towards the training grounds, her feet pounding against the ground as she went. She could feel her pulse thumping in her ears, and her vision narrowed to a tunnel as she focused solely on finding Minjeong.


As Jimin approached the open field, she caught a glimpse of a figure in the distance. It was Minjeong, engrossed in her training and seemingly oblivious to Jimin's desperate search. Without hesitation, Jimin sprinted towards her, gasping for breath and shouting at the top of her lungs, "Where were you? I looked for you everywhere!"

 

Minjeong looked up in surprise, taken aback by Jimin's frenzied state. Jimin's heart was still racing, her breaths coming in short gasps as she struggled to regain her composure. Minjeong doesn't say anything. Jimin can feel her frustration building. "Why didn't you tell me where you were going last night?" she demands. "I was worried sick about you! I waited and waited!"


Minjeong's voice was like a gentle breeze, soothing and calming Jimin's frayed nerves. Her tone was measured, her words deliberate and purposeful. "I needed some time alone," Minjeong stated plainly. "I'm sorry if I worried you."


Jimin felt the tension in her body start to release as Minjeong's words sank in. Her anger slowly dissipated, replaced by a feeling of hurt and confusion. "Did I do something wrong?" Jimin asked softly, feeling a twinge of guilt.


"No, Jimin," Minjeong replied, her voice full of compassion. "You didn't do anything wrong. I just needed some space to clear my head." Her words were like a balm to Jimin's soul, and she felt a small measure of relief wash over her.


Jimin nodded, trying to push aside the feeling of rejection. "I understand," she said quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. She looked at Minjeong, hoping to see some reassurance in her eyes.

 

For a moment, they stand in silence, both lost in their own thoughts. Then, Minjeong speaks up again, her voice heavy with remorse. "I'm sorry for making you worry," she says, her eyes downcast. "I didn't mean to hurt you."


Jimin looks at her, trying to read her expression. She sees the sincerity in her eyes and nods, trying to show that she understands. "It's okay," Jimin reassures her, her voice soft and gentle. "I just need to know that you're safe."


Minjeong's smile is soft and warm, and Jimin can't help but feel a little comforted by it. "I'm safe," she assures her, her voice filled with tenderness. "I'll always come back to you."


As they walk back to the palace, Jimin can feel the weight of the unspoken tension between them. She knows that things won't be the same as they were before, but she's not sure how to fix it. She can't help but wonder what she could have done differently to prevent this distance from forming between them. Jimin gazes at Minjeong with a mixture of longing and sadness, wanting to hold her close but unable to express her feelings.


Just then, the crunching of footsteps grows louder and louder until a tall, broad-shouldered figure emerges from the shadows. It is the same rude knight who had disrupted their earlier conversation. Jimin can feel her muscles tense and her heart race as she recognizes him. He barks out a curt command, addressing Minjeong with a voice devoid of any respect or kindness. Jimin can see the frustration and anger building up in Minjeong's face, but she remains silent, knowing the consequences of speaking out against the king's orders.


The knight orders Minjeong to follow him immediately, citing the king's orders as his justification. Jimin watches helplessly as Minjeong shoots her a look of desperation, silently pleading for her understanding. With a heavy heart, Minjeong reluctantly complies, leaving Jimin standing alone in the garden once again.

 

As Minjeong walks away, Jimin can't shake off the feeling that something is off. The knight's presence around Minjeong is more than just coincidental, she can sense it. Her mind races with various possible scenarios, wondering if the knight has any ulterior motives for being near Minjeong. Jimin's heart aches as she contemplates the dangers that may be lurking around the corner, and the possibility of losing Minjeong forever.

____

As Jimin watches Minjeong from a distance, she becomes increasingly uneasy. Her stomach tightens into a knot, and she can feel her heart racing in her chest. She can't help but notice the subtle changes in Minjeong's behavior, the way she seems distant and distracted. Despite the warm sun beating down on her, Jimin shivers with a sense of foreboding, as if some dark cloud looms on the horizon.

 

Jimin can't really blame the warrior. 

 

As they finally come face to face, Jimin's emotions overwhelm her, and tears stream down her face. She clings to Minjeong tightly, desperate for an explanation. "Please tell me what's wrong," she sobs. "Why did you leave me like that? Did I do something to make you go?"

 

Minjeong's heart aches at the sight of Jimin's pain, and she pulls her even closer, trying to comfort her. "No, Jimin, it's not your fault," she whispers. "There are things that I cannot tell you right now, but please trust me when I say that I had no other choice but to leave you alone that night." Jimin nods, her head buried in Minjeong's shoulder, as she tries to calm down her breathing. But the knot in her stomach still lingers, and she can't help but feel like there's more to the story. She wants to trust Minjeong, to believe that she has her best interests at heart, but the fear of being hurt again is overwhelming.

 

Jimin's heart is heavy as she looks up at Minjeong, her eyes filled with tears. The uncertainty and fear inside her threaten to consume her as she struggles to hold back her sobs. Her voice trembles as she speaks, the words barely audible through her tears. "I want to trust you, Minjeong," she whispers. "But I can't help feeling like you're keeping something from me. Please, just tell me what's going on." Jimin's hands tremble as she waits for Minjeong's response, hoping for some kind of reassurance that everything will be alright.

 

She watches as Minjeong's expression softens, and her heart skips a beat as she leans in to press a gentle kiss on her forehead. The warmth of Minjeong's lips against her skin sends shivers down her spine, and she closes her eyes, savoring the moment.

 

"I promise I'll tell you everything when the time is right. Just give me a little more time, okay?" Minjeong whispers, her voice filled with love and reassurance.

 

Jimin nods, trying to push down the fear and uncertainty that threatens to consume her. She knows that Minjeong wouldn't keep anything from her unless she had a good reason to. She clings to Minjeong, burying her face in the crook of her neck, hoping that they withstand whatever is coming their way.