I Said Yes!

A Day In A Life After She Said Yes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter

 

 

She's my Monday morning mix of madness and peace. In a mess of tangled limbs and crumpled sheets, my lips attached to her bare golden skin. Basking in the glow of the sunrise beam and last night's steam, I fully breathe her in. For I know, a forever of life with her begins.


 

I don't understand how some people can sleep through almost anything.

At the slightest sound and a light nudge on my body, I would jolt instantly awake.

But this woman beside me?

I already tap danced in the bed, did triple backflips, howled my lungs out, formed an alliance with all the chickens of the poultry farms, announced the world was going to end, yet here she was... still peacefully zoned out to the dream world as if problems and poverty do not exist.

I tried again. "Rina!!! Time to wake up!"

Nothing. Nada. She didn't even flinch.

One of my toughest bouts in the morning was to wake Karina up.

It was harder than my SAT exam back in highschool.

She was a proven and tested goddamn heavy-metal sleeper.

I pulled on my hair and groaned.

I want to punch her so bad, can I just punch her? Please let me just punch her a little.

Or maybe drop a bucket of water full of ice on her frozen solid body like what they do in the movies.

But recently I found out a cure to this disease, I mean - I figured out a way to properly wake her up.

I carefully climbed on top of her, straddling her in place. I held her face gently and removed the strands of hair covering it.

I rolled my eyes.

This lucky son of a gun!

And then I did it. I started with a soft kiss on her temple. Then slowly, I brushed my lips down to her cheeks... to the side of and finally, I captured her dry lips.

I almost moaned, kissing Karina still had this effect on me.

It never really tires out after years and years of doing it. I started to move my lips, deepening the kiss even if she's still dead asleep.

Morning breath be damned, I gotta wake her up.

Then I felt it. There was a vibration coming from (a sign of life!).

Soft and firm hands started to place on my hips, and she started to softly kiss me back.

Mission accomplished.

"You're awake." I murmured to her lips, not breaking any contact.

I could feel curved into a sleepy smile. "And you're harassing me." Karina replied, nibbling my lower lip with her teeth.

I pulled away and gave her a peck as a final kiss. "You're welcome."

She let out a groan of protest before flipping us over in one swift motion. She was now on top of me. I squirmed and giggled underneath her.

Karina placed a kiss on my forehead. "Good morning, love."

"And to you too." I pulled her head to mine for another round of sweet morning kisses.

Karina can be one of the people who was the hardest to wake up in the morning, but I think I could handle her well.

 

 


 

Tuesdays, we're two trainwreck fools in love. She'll never get over her awkward phase and I'll forever melt in her embrace. She's as clueless as a missing puzzle piece, but I'll always be here for her, to complete and fix.


 

 

Karina's marriage proposal to me was what can be considered “Top 50's Most Unromantic”, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Karina surprised me one day with a VIP ticket to a music festival where most of our favorite bands will play.

We were in the front line standing, it was an open area so it was a bit humid, the crowd beside us was a little wild, but the hype and the energy were what made the night more fun.

Karina wrapped her arms around me protectively, laughing and pointing at a flying brassiere (yes, there was a flying bra!), swaying us together whilst her cheeks were pressed in mine, singing lyrics of songs along with me.

At one point, she released her hold on me and pulled out her phone.

I thought she was just going to film the show so I just let her be.

Minutes passed and I noticed she started to get fidgety and appeared to be panicking beside me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I uhh, nothing babe." She flashed me a forced smile.

All of a sudden, the band stopped playing.

There was a spotlight.

It focused on Karina and me.

I gasped in confusion.

Then I heard the frontman of the band say. "Anyway, a moment of silence folks, I was just told last minute to do this but here! Here! Ladies and gentlemen! I believe our friend, Karina, right here has an important announcement to make."

There was a collective "oohs" from the crowd.

What? Karina? Was he talking about my Karina?

I turned to Karina and she looked pale, she was sweating on her forehead and she looked like she was about to dehydrate.

What is happening...

A microphone was given to Karina out of nowhere and she awkwardly took it. She faced me and took a deep breath, composing herself. She held my hand, her palms were cold and trembling.

Then it dawned on me, I clasped my free hand on my mouth when I saw her kneel before me.

"Winter.. baby, umm." Karina reached out to her back pocket, eyes widened as she bursted out, "Oh my God, I forgot the ring on the car..."

That earned a loud laugh from the audience and some "Yooo, what the hell!" and "Woman, step up your game!", eventually they started cheering her with hollers and applause.

I was laughing with tears close to my eyes, feeling overwhelmed and nervous at the moment.

"Winter Kim, t-this is not originally what it should be, I messed up so bad, not only did I forget the ring but also the things I would say and I'm really sorry, but I just want to you to know that I love you so much and I want to spend all my days and nights, all of my world and life with you. Will you marry me please?"

Happy tears streamed my face. She didn't have to ask twice. I scooped her up and told her an eager yes.

I would. In a heartbeat.

Even in another lifetime.

I love her so much too.

I'll marry her right here, right now, if that's what it takes to prove to her my heart.

Karina beamed up brightly.

She hugged me tight and I knew right then and there that it was the start of a promise, of us never letting each other go.

The crowd cheered for us, there were hollers - shouting words of encouragement and congratulatory.

The frontman of the band spoke, "There you go, people! The soon to wed love birds! How 'bout we celebrate that with a song, yeah? Uhm oops, this is not really the lovey dovey wedding song but oh well, I think it could fit in sooner or later, after the ceremonies. Hah. This is called "Eat you alive"!"

Karina's arms were still around me, our foreheads pressed together. We were gazing at each other lovingly and at the sound of the first riff of the guitar and the beat of the drums, I kissed her hard.

The frontman's throaty voice reverberated around us, singing a rather inappropriate song for this moment.


 

--intense rock music playing--

 

"Hey you! Mrs Idontknowwhattheyourname is, I'm drawn to you something's magnetic here...

If I could approach you or even get close to the scent that you left behind I'd be fine..

No doubt that (no doubt) you bring out (bring out) the animal inside..

I'll eat you alive!

I'll eat you alive!"



 

I chuckled internally.

We were in the midst of a drunken and sweaty crowd.

It wasn't my favorite band, not altogether my favorite song either.

But Karina was here in my arms, she would be mine officially and I hers.

That's all that matters.

I would be willing to say yes to her over again, in whatever circumstance, in whatever music was playing.

When we got back to the car, Karina was crying and telling me that she was sorry for how much of a failure she was.

The band that she hired didn't make it tonight and she didn't mean to forget the ring and all the things that she planned accordingly.

I hugged her to me tightly, wiped the tears from her face, and kissed the top of her head repeatedly assuring her that it was okay.

I asked her who was supposed to be the band and what was the song, and she answered in between hiccups and snorts.

I smiled. It was our song.

The one song we planned to be our wedding song ever since we were in highschool.

So I pulled out my phone and played it.

She took out the ring and wore it to my finger.

She repeated her question.

I said yes again.

We made out in the car.

It's real. It's happening. This was not a drill. I'm getting married to Karina Yu.

***Goo Goo Dolls - Come To Me playing in background***




 

Karina was my best friend as well as my lover, so being married to her was a total package.

I get to see her and talk to her all the time, I get to have a say and a permanent righteous spot in her life being her wife, so you could say overall that I was having fun.

One of my favorites these days was teasing her.

Karina came home from work that night. I prepared myself and what I planned for her. I heard the door rattled with her keys and her footsteps coming in.

"Babe? I'm home. Where are you?" Karina called out.

The house was dimly lit and quiet, smelling of nice aroma from my scented candles.

You could say the ambience of the place was a bit romantic and cozy, a perfect setting for a date, for two people who missed each other after a long day.

And I missed Karina. So bad.

So, I decided to have a little fun with her.

I came out from our room wearing only the thinnest nightgown you could ever imagine.

No bra, just a black satin underwear.

I wasn’t usually like this.

But tonight, I decided to get wild and let my hair down in a mess of y.

I put on my most innocent looking face and strode forward.

"Hey baby, welcome back. How was work?" I asked in a deep low womanly voice.

Karina still wasn't looking at me. She was busy putting out something from the bags she brought when she came in. "Same old same. I bought dinner. Have you eaten? I uh--"

Her gaze landed on me and I could see how her jaw dramatically dropped.

I smirked hiddenly in triumph.

She was now scanning the whole of my body and forgot she was saying something. I saw her gulped in a swallow, took a deep breath, tried to regain her composure and averted her eyes from me.

Oh, baby.

This is why I like teasing Karina. She's my wife yet she's still shy and awkward when I come on to her like this.

"I-I brought you Chin--" Karina stammered because I was already slowly walking towards her. I brushed my hands on her arms seductively as I pretended to inspect the dinner she bought for me.

"C-chicken noodle soup." Karina mumbled nonsense. She was still staring at me, I could feel her breathing becoming heavy.

I laughed secretly inside. She's so awkward. I put both of my arms around her neck, pulling her close. "Huh? You said you got us Chinese takeout."

"Yeah, it was but uhmm.. I uhh-" Karina's eyes dropped to my lips.

"You what, huh?" I leaned close to her face, taunting her.

Karina turned around quickly, her face a beet red, she jerked back and awkwardly pretended to look for something on the couch.

I put my arms around my chest and raised a brow at her.

"Uh, there's something I need to watch.. the news. Saturday… uhm night live." She sat on the couch and the TV.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. You understand now how she is? Look at her dismissing the prize before her (me) to watch some freaking news or whatever made up show on the telly.

It was a Friday night, for Pete’s sake.

"I thought we're gonna eat?" I sat down closely beside her. When I did, I purposely hitched up my night gown so my bare thighs were now touching the hem of her jeans. I felt her muscles stiffened instantly.

You know, if I were in her position, I already pounced on me.

She's so difficult sometimes I just wanna forget this teasing play and attack her with my kisses, to bring her some sense.

"Oh! Yeah! Let's eat, would you like to..." Karina stopped again mid sentence. I heard her groan low, sounding frustrated. "Winter, stop that."

I perked up at that. I smiled innocently at her, still biting my lips. "What?"

"You're being..." Karina started, frowning slightly, took a quick once over on my body, before turning her attention back on the TV. "...you're being inappropriate right now."

Did she just call me inappropriate?

If she meant, offering my almost self to her completely and apparently, and yet she still couldn't take the hint, then yes. I am inappropriate.

Before I retorted back to her, she quickly corrected herself. "I mean, you're beinsgsoyrightnow."

Karina said it so fast that I almost missed it, but I heard her clearly enough. I raised my brow at her, "Are you finding me y right now?"

Karina grunted again. But I've had enough game time already, I pushed her back on the couch and straddled her hips. I leaned close to her face and brushed my lips on her cheeks. "What about now?" I smirked seductively, effectively stunning her.

What Karina did next made me gasp audibly.

She grabbed my behind and pulled me firmer into her bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter