Chapter 2: A Talk

The Lightning Thief: Annabeth's POV
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

CHIRON BROUGHT GROVER AND THE BOY to the infirmary.

When we got there the boy opened his eyes and looked up. I thought about Chiron prophecy could he be him? The one I have been waiting for to go on the quest with me. My ticket out of this place. I looked at Chiron. 

“He’s the one he must be.”

"Silence, Annabeth," he said. "He's still conscious. Bring him inside." I glanced down at his face; his eyes sent goosebumps down my arms, and I felt shaky.

 I had to do the rest on my own. I brought both of them inside and sat by the boy’s bed and my heart ached. I longed to see his eyes again. I had learned  that the boy’s name was Percy. It made me grin. He was named after the perseus. By the time I glanced up I heard to chonch horn blare time for breakfast, I thought. I didnt want to leave but that is when Calum one of my half- siblings showed up along with my best freind Seleina. I pretended not to notice them but then Selina put her hand on my shoulder and hugged me. 

“We heard what happened” Callum told me

“It must be hard having to save new demigods.” Selena added

When she noticed my expression her eyes bore into mind. 

“Your hiding somthing from me” She declared “Callum I dont think Annabeth will be able to go to breakfast this morning do you mind taking the Athena cabin down to the pavillion?”

He looked like he wanted to protest but then he looked guilty and said “sure.” Once he left  she hugged me again. Then siad in a teasing voice. 

“Annabeth do you like anyone?”

“I dont know!” I half yelled the truth is I didnt rlly know how I feel. I almost never listen to my heart.

“Oh right the whole child of Athena thing. How come you havnt left this boys bedside for six hours.” 

“I honestly dont know” this frusterated me because as a child of athena I HATE not knowing things. 

“Annabeth sweet sweet Annabeth.” I looked back at Percy and then she rolled her eyes. “Do you even no your feelings right now?” She held up a mirror and I saw my mascara mid washing off my face and my face was bright red. 

“I guess I only listen to my head because not knowing my fellings is too scary.” I feel my voice start to crack and I let a tear roll down my face. 

“Annabeth you obviously like this boy.” She said as if it were completely obvious

“I dont think it is logical though…”

“LOVE ISNT LOGICAL!” She began rasing her voice. “It is love at first sight. You saw this boy, you fell in love with him.”

She noticed my expression and grinned.

“Just you wait, I know you like him.”she exclaimed.

Then Malcolm walked in with a breakfast tray. I saw selina give me a sly smile. Malcolm sat down aand wiped my tears with a tissue. I hated border patrol. It seemed like a cruel joke after what had happened. When they both left I waited for him to wake up. I did stuf to pass the time.I patted a wet wash cloth over his head and began to read. A little while in, I looked at hm and relized that he was drooling. I rolled my eyes, wasnt the

Please log in to read the full chapter