Chapter Seven

Wrong Person, Right Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Before you get the wrong idea, let me clarify that I did not come here to see you," Sana replied, her hands clasped on the table. She still lacks the strength of character to look Momo in the eyes and not become upset. "I wouldn't even think about it," Sana stated frankly, her voice low and cold.

"I know," Momo said, her smile a little salty or the like. "I saw you didn't come here by yourself," she said, her attention fixed on Sana's face. Her eyes were darkened, jaws tightened. "You're with someone I'm not familiar with, so I know you've just recently met her."

"I'm not sure where you're going with this, Momo."

"We just broke up, Sana," Momo derided, shaking her head in dismay. "And now you're already meeting a different person when I distinctly remember you saying that the moment I leave, you'll be stuck in the same place... in our past relationship you even called home."

Those comments reverberated in Sana's ears, resonating in her thoughts and soon got her offended. She was not going to accept Momo telling her these things when she had done nothing wrong. It wasn't her idea to end a long-term relationship because of growing differences. Sana was even ready to make changes and mend whatever was amiss between them.

"It makes me think that everything you said was just words to make me feel guilty," Momo murmured. "What you're doing now is the absolute opposite of the all-loving and considerate girlfriend you tried to be with me fairly recently," she said.

 

"Wow," Sana breathed, her hands gripped in indignation. "Now you're being unfair," she muttered, finally allowing her gaze to pierce through Momo's eyes. "It's almost as though you want me to stay in that miserable state while you try to go forward."

"You're sick, thinking that I'm better off messed up than happy after you made your own decision," Sana continued, no longer trying to contain herself. "That break up... did you ask me if that was what I wanted?" she said, her eyebrows strained. "No, you didn't, because what matters to you more is your well-being, and you treat mine like trash," she said quietly, making sure not to disturb anyone near them.

"And even now, Momo, you don't care about my well-being, or simply just… what would make me happy." "And I'll forever hate you for that," Sana emphasized.

 

           

 

           

 

"I'll always think of your love as a lie, Sana," Momo argued, refusing to concede. "It would have been fine, but everything feels the opposite to me," she tried to explain, and the more she tried, the less it made sense to Sana.

"Do you even like someone like that?" she questioned, referring to Dahyun. "From what I remember, your type is far from that, and I can only find it funny that you're suddenly settling for the same type you claimed you'd never consider dating."

"It's as if you're desperate," Momo said bluntly, as if constantly striving to hurt Sana in some way. "Did it hurt you so much that I refused to marry you?"

"Is that why you went from dating me to dating that person?" she mocked, annoyingly smiling. "You obviously lowered your standards." "But sure, let me see where that person takes you then."

 

           

 

           

 

"Shut up, Momo."

 

           

 

 

"I'm betting she never even finished high school."

 

Hearing that prompted Sana to smack both fists on the table and stand up, glaring at Momo. She badly wanted to swear, yell at Momo, but slamming the table had already drawn enough attention, and she didn't want to add to it by behaving scandalous.

"I always thought you were perfect," Sana breathed, her eyes narrowing with annoyance. "But this is the one thing you're severely lacking in," she said. "And I'd let you know about it because I'm nice like that."

"You have a horrible attitude, and you need to relearn basic manners," she remarked. "You should probably obtain a degree in that too, so you can quit thinking you're better than everyone else."

"...Because you aren't, and you're a long way from ever being who you think you are."

 

 

That encounter had, in Sana's judgment, spoiled her day. It ruined her mood, and even though she didn't want to, she couldn't stop herself. She is perfectly aware that Dahyun would sense that something was off about her, but just refuses to say anything. However, the woman tried to lighten the situation by making irrelevant comments about almost everything she thought of on their way back.

Sana did not respond strongly to anything that Dahyun said, which made her feel guilty. She knew it was cruel to give a cold shoulder to someone who didn't deserve it and had no idea what had just happened.

"Do you want me to turn on the radio?" Sana inquired, unsure how to start a discussion that wasn't as awkward as this.

"No, it's fine," Dahyun responded matter-of-factly. "But if you want to, I'm fine with that as well," she said, recognizing that Sana might be the one who needed just a little noise to fill the silence.

"Okay," the other woman simply responded before turning on the radio at a reduced volume. She then returned her attention to the road, still feeling bad. She's trying to come up with a better way to apologize to Dahyun, but she's running out of ideas.

"Is everything all right?" Dahyun inquired, peering out the window. "You've been quiet since you went to get some snacks." "Or were you already quiet before that?" she wondered. "Were you bored? Or are you tired now?" she asked, not waiting for Sana to react to the initial inquiries.

"Hey," Sana remarked, quietly chuckling as she found it adorable that Dahyun was constantly checking to see if she was bored. That's one way to show she cares, and Sana appreciates it greatly. "I'm fine, Dahyun," she said, "...not tired, just thinking."

"Is it something you want to tell me?" Dahyun inquired, careful not to seem intrusive.

"Hmm," Sana hummed, realizing she needed to fill Dahyun in. That way, she might be able to make up for the silent treatment she just gave the woman without an acceptable reason.

"My ex-girlfriend works at the same hospital where Mr. Chun is now," she added, casting a quick glance at Dahyun, who was still staring out the window. "I didn't think I'd run into her, and it was a big mistake I did," Sana continued, causing the other woman to look at her with concern.

"I'm sorry," Dahyun stated abruptly. "It was because of me that you were there," she said quietly.

"It's not your fault," Sana replied quickly. "We were probably supposed to meet tonight," she added coldly, recalling her talk with Momo. "You know what? Maybe it's good that I saw her," she muttered.

That piqued Dahyun's curiosity. She's beginning to wonder what happened. Deep down, she hoped that nothing had seriously impacted Sana, and that the meeting she had with her ex-girlfriend was more of a closure than a serious disagreement.

"That made me realize how horrible she really is," Sana sighed. "That makes me want to go back in time and avoid meeting her."

Dahyun smiled, finding it mildly amusing that Sana would say something like that. "Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter