Chapter Six

Wrong Person, Right Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun had only opened the shop the day before, and the bell chimed in less than 15 minutes. She got up from her seat on a stool behind the glass counter, ready to say a quick greeting to the first possible customer.

"Good morning, welcome to my—" Dahyun was interrupted, recognizing as soon as she lifted her head that it was Sana who had just walked in. "...shop," she said discreetly, raising both of her brows.

"I like the energy at the beginning," Sana replied, quietly chuckling as she proceeded to come in, taking off her sunglasses and approaching Dahyun with a determined stare. "Why did it all go down?" she wondered.

"Hmm? I didn't expect to see you here," Dahyun replied with a shrug. "I mean, I'd expect you at the end of the month for the subdued refund for the ring," she had to say as she glanced at her wristwatch. "But you're a week early, madame."

"Yes, I know," Sana said flatly.

"I'm sorry, but I can't make an advance payment because I'm still short of cash," Dahyun admitted frankly before smiling sheepishly. "But if you come back next week, I'm confident I'll be able to pay you," she offered.

"That's not why I'm here."

"Oh..." "What are you here for then?" she wondered, trying to figure out if Sana liked anything else in the room, or if she liked her. That's a rather bold claim, but that's what Dahyun thought.

"Apparently, I owe you something," Sana replied, slyly smiling as she gave Dahyun the puppy eye look. This eventually prompted the other woman to make a puzzled expression. "The last time we talked, I said I'd hit you up to let you know when I'd be available, right?" Sana inquired.

"Ah, yeah, I remember," mumbled Dahyun.

"I didn't let you know even though I had several free days over the last two weeks," Sana revealed openly, causing Dahyun to hum casually. That's because it wasn't a big deal to her, and it shouldn't be. "And I was thinking last night," Sana hesitated, "...does the invitation to see the triplets expire?"

That could only make Dahyun laugh because she finds it adorable, hearing Sana say that. "Of course not," she replied, "they love visitors more than theropods."

"Theropods?" Sana inquired; her brow furrowed. "Is that some sort of AirPods pair or iPod... a device?" she asked, confused, and clearly just guessing — a rather hilarious guess for Dahyun, who knows what it is very well.

The pale-skinned woman chortled, pursing her lips and shaking her head to inform Sana that she had guessed incorrectly. "Theropods are flesh-eating dinosaurs, such as the T. Rex, which is a large theropod dinosaur," she explained, as she would to the triplets.

"Oh," Sana said, her cheeks flushing with humiliation. She reasoned that this was one of the reasons why people shouldn't talk too much. "Well, it's the modern world, and far more people believe in the power of AirPods than dinosaurs."

 

           

 

Sana waited till the end of the day, something Dahyun did not expect. Additionally, even though Dahyun informed her that she needed to see Mr. Chun first, the other woman had no objections. She even insisted on coming, which Dahyun found unusual. For a reticent person like Sana, it should come as a big surprise that she was making a move, pursuing a friendly relationship.

"It's a long drive to the hospital; are you sure you want to do it?" Dahyun said as she watched Sana approach the driver's seat.

It was too much to take the woman to a separate location after she had endured waiting for a long time at the shop, and even now she had insisted on driving.

"Yes," Sana answered with a subtle smile on her face, opening her side of the door. "Which hospital is it again?" she inquired, realizing Dahyun had not mentioned it, or perhaps she had missed the woman saying it.

"Seoul National University Hospital," Dahyun replied concisely.

"Oh," Sana mumbled, realizing it was the same hospital where her ex-girlfriend, Momo, works. That troubled her because she wasn't sure she was prepared to meet the woman, if they would. Yet, given the measurements of that hospital, the likelihood is greatly reduced.

"Do you know where it is?" Dahyun inquired, recognizing that Sana had appeared to be unfamiliar with the vicinity. If that wasn't the case, Sana might have just realized how far that would be. "I could just take the wheel, Sana," she offered for the umpteenth time.

"I know where it is," Sana responded, implying that driving all the way there wouldn't be an issue. "There's no way I wouldn't know," she said softly, only audible to herself, as she entered and closed the door after her.

It left Dahyun standing outside, with no choice than to let Sana do her a favor. She sighed before saying, "Well, she wouldn't lose," and shrugging it off.

 

• • •

 

"You do realize you owe me something, don't you?" Sana questioned, one hand on the steering wheel. Her other arm was resting on the driver-specific console.

"Do I?" Dahyun wondered, not comprehending what Sana meant. And then she realized that it might have something to do with how long the woman had waited all day, sitting around the shop with her. "Imagine how boring it would be to linger in the shop every day and not have many people come in," she uttered, smiling subtly.

Sana chuckled faintly and cast a quick glance towards Dahyun. "You don't owe me the time I waited," she clarified, "if that's what you're thinking." "It was my choice, and to be honest, I had a good time back there."

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course, your stories are engaging," she said. "Even so, I still think some of them are made up."

Dahyun sneered, shaking her head and saying, "I don't make up stories." She fidgeted her thumbs over her lap, taking quite a while to say something else. "It's true, I was bitten by a raccoon on the top side of my thigh," she tried to persuade, looking to the side of Sana's face.

The latter woman shook her head as she laughed, findi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter