Chapter Ten (finale)

Wrong Person, Right Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Teensy dust specks seemed to dance in the slanted afternoon sunlight flowing through the window. Sana was surfing the internet on her laptop when she felt a weight beside her. The perfume screams nothing but the love of her life. And Dahyun's identity was soon verified when Sana felt a kiss on her cheek, a warm and ordinary greeting.

"Hello," Sana said, smiling as she moved her gaze away from the computer screen and toward Dahyun. She hugged the woman on the side before going in for a quick but loving kiss on the lips. "You seem pretty happy today," she observed.

"I'm always happy," Dahyun replied, grinning. "But, yes, I'm extra happy today," she revealed.

"Ooh, do you want to tell me that story?" Sana inquired, closing her laptop, and turning to listen to Dahyun instead.

"Weren't you doing something important?"

"I don't know anything more important than you."

Dahyun chuckled and nodded her head, conceding defeat in that regard. "Okay," she responded, and right then she lifted two fingers in front of Sana's face. "Since there are two of them, you must choose which one I will discuss first."

"Huh, it must be your lucky day," Sana replied, plucking the woman's index finger randomly.

"This one's pretty unexpected," Dahyun joyfully enthused, but then she made a pause upon a realization. "Hmm, the other is unexpected as well," she laughed, "but whatever."

"I got an email this morning that's unbelievable," Dahyun began, accentuating the final word, which made Sana laugh. "It's an email from a popular music entertainment company! Can you ing believe that?" she exclaimed, her mind still blown.

"Really?" Sana inquired with her eyes glistening.

"Yes, love, it's no joke," Dahyun affirmed. "They are inviting me to come for a final interview, so I may be a trainee," she stated. "What's strange about it is that I didn't do an audition, and I had no idea they were holding one, too."

"But anyway," Dahyun whispered, tilting her head as she met Sana's gaze, "I guess I'll have to go and do it." "Is that fine with you?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" Sana replied, grabbing the astray hair stands on Dahyun's face and tucking them behind one ear. "Of course, you should do it; it's a great opportunity," she added, nodding.

"Aaah," Dahyun exhaled. "I'm suddenly feeling a rush of blood in my head," she murmured, her hands on her forehead. "I'm nervous about it," she added.

"Baby," Sana whispered softly, easily capturing Dahyun's attention. "That was me," she felt it was necessary to reveal.

"What do you mean?"

"The reason you've been cast out of nowhere."

Dahyun was at a loss for words when she heard that. As a result, Sana decided to continue her explanation.

"Park Jihyo is my best friend," she stated unequivocally.

"Wait, what?" Dahyun's brows furrowed as there was too much going on and she was beginning to feel dazed. "Park Jihyo, the director?" she inquired.

"Yes," Sana chuckled as she clutched her nape. "I mentioned you to her a time before we started dating," she added, "so she knew about you."

"Woah," mumbled Dahyun.

"Then, the night I first heard you sing, I kind of had a short video recording of you singing towards the end of the song," Sana confessed, embarrassed, but Dahyun needed to know. "I forwarded it to her last night, asking what she thought about it, and she really loved your voice."

Dahyun only stared with her lips parted for some reason. Sana had no idea what that meant, but she persisted. "And then I told her about your dream," she explained. "I didn't tell her to cast you, okay? That was her decision, so don't think that it was all because of me. You have such great talent—"

Dahyun captured Sana's lips with her own before the woman could complete what she was saying. Sana's hands gripped the other woman's face reflexively, further deepening their sweet exchange.

Dahyun eventually pulled away, keeping the distance short as she gazed adoringly through Sana's eyes. "Thank you, Sana," she whispered with heartfelt gratitude.

"Whatever it takes for my—"

Once more, Sana was cut short by a peck on the lips.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you," Dahyun said several times, kissing in between each sentence. Sana broke into giggles in the middle of Dahyun's playfulness.

"Gosh, calm down, hot stuff," she let out, gently restraining the woman from showering her with a lot of kisses by clutching onto the collar of that shirt. "I've got your back, okay? Anything I can do to help you, I'll do it without hesitation," she added.

"I feel so damn lucky," Dahyun couldn't help but say, stealing just one more kiss before she sat properly.

"No, I'm even luckier," Sana said, unable to dismiss the prospect. "Can you imagine how I ended up dating the future's hottest idol?" she questioned.

"Just say you're madly in love with me, miss ma'am."

"Oh, yes, I am."

Maybe that's what love means: two people thinking they were the lucky one.

"Hey, I've got something for you," Dahyun added, making Sana hum to imply she was listening. As a result, Dahyun reached into her pocket for something. Now, to the other woman's surprise, that tiny box seemed very familiar.

"You're kidding," Sana giggled as she shook her head.

"But I'm not," Dahyun replied, though she did appear to be joking. "You should marry me," she remarked as she opened the vintage ring box. Correct, that was the same one Mina and Momo turned down.

"You make it sound as if I don't have a choice."

"Honey, you should know that I can't take two rejections in a row," Dahyun replied, clearly joking.

At this point, Sana couldn't stop laughing. Everything felt so hilarious with Dahyun. There was never a dull moment between them, and it was truly ideal.

"I'm serious! Why are you just laughing at me?" Dahyun couldn't stop herself from exclaiming. "You know me, when I'm overjoyed, my head goes, damn, you should propose right-ing-now."

"But you're literally proposing to me with a ring I bought!"

"All right," Dahyun said, closing the box for a moment to think of the perfect argument. "Because you just revealed your simp moment to me," she smugly began, then eliciting a little slap on the arm. "Why? You just said you recorded a video of me—"

"Okay! Just carry on with your nonsense," Sana remarked, rolling her eyes.

"I'll reveal mine as well."

"Sure, let me hear that."

"When you requested a refund, I had the money," she said sheepishly. "Don't be mad at me yet! Don't say anything," she said, putting a finger above Sana's lips.

"I'm not even—"

"Shh!" Dahyun yanked her hand back, resuming her unasked-for speech. "I only pretended I didn't have it because, well, it's true that I did need it to pay for other things, and I really wanted to offer you the monthly payment deal instead."

"Okay? For what?" Sana asked.

"I wanted to see you for a long time," Dahyun said simply, prompting the other woman's cheeks to flush for some reason. "When I said you were the finest chick who had ever walked into the shop, I meant it."

Sana couldn't say anything right now because her heartbeat would be louder than what she wanted to say, anyway.

"Now that you're my girlfriend, I'll give you the remaining amount."

"Don't bother," Sana replied.

"Why not?"

"Let's just spend the rest of the money on the wedding."

Dahyun was the one flustered this time. She would have screamed if she could have done so without looking strange. Well, even though it didn't appear that Sana was going to say anything unexpected, Dahyun was enthralled by her response.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter