Chapter I

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We rushed into the hospital after hearing about what happened with Rei. I couldn't even hear any noise that surrounds me because I was so focused on thinking about her. 

 

I looked down on my hands as it becomes wet with my tears. Gaeul kept caressing my back to keep me calm. 

 

"Did they say anything else?" 

 

I shook my head, "No. They even informed us late. How could they not tell us immediately?"

 

"Gaeul, you should call auntie. Tell her we're on our way to the hospital." Yujin told her. 

 

Once we've arrived, we quickly asked for Rei's name and they gave us her room number. My chest gets heavier every step I take. 

 

And now, I see her lying in bed, unconcious. Tears kept falling as I look at her. 

 

"Rei." I called out. My hands were shaking and I couldn't help but cry continuously at the sight. There were bandages on her head, forearm and foot. I never thought I'd see her on a situation like this. 

 

I gently caressed her cheek. "I'm here now, Jagi." 

 

 

[FLASHBACK] 

3 Years Ago

LIZ's POV

 

          Today, Karina and Yeji asked me to watch the swimming competition with them because Winter and Ryujin asked them to. Apparently, one of their friend Rei is one of the swimmers. 

 

This isn't the first time I've seen her. Heck, I always walk past them especially now that Karina and Yeji are with Winter and Ryujin. Seeing the four of them together kind of makes me happy because they are a group of cool people. They've always been the ones to look up to whether it'd be in sports or academically. It's actually amazing how they are all in the same circle and now two of them are dating my friends. 

 

Ryujin and Winter are the popular ones but Yujin attracts most people. However, Rei is the quiet one and yet she's the most appealing for me. She's a low key person and I like that. 

 

"This is the first time I get to watch swimming competition." I told my friends. 

 

"Me, too. We're only here for Rei, though." Karina said. 

 

"I wonder how good she is." I replied with a bit of excitement. 

 

"Go, Rei!" her friends shout her name once the competition started. 

 

I start to feel nervous because I want her to win even though she don't mean anything to me. I just want her to win, that's it and it actually went well. Being a 2nd placer isn't bad at all. 

 

We wait for her to get ready after the competition and when she came out, two girls asked to take pictures with her. 

 

"Can I have a picture with you, Rei-chan?"

 

"Okay." 

 

"I'll take it." Yujin offered to take their photo. 

 

"I want a picture, too!" the other girl said. 

 

"Just Naoi Rei winning girls left and right after every competition." Ryujin teased their friend.

 

"Shut up, Ryu." Rei said and they laughed. 

 

"You did great, by the way." the girl told her after taking pictures. 

 

"Thanks. I think I , though." I just know she wasn't satisfied with her performance but I personally think she did well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter