CHAPTER 4

WILD REVENGE
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry but the patient cannot be saved. We tried our best.”

 

Staring blankly ahead, the words that left the doctor’s mouth kept on echoing in his mind. Haein can’t bring himself to believe it. The room felt like it was spinning, and he couldn't focus on anything but the sound of the doctor’s voice repeating in his head. His girlfriend. She’s gone. His Heejin is not around anymore. Suddenly, Haein’s mind went blank, and he couldn’t process anything else. He thought that he was in a fog, unable to think or feel anything else even when the nurse had stopped the bed in front of him and showed him Heejin’s face for the last time. The only thing that he felt at the moment is how numb everything is.

 

Just like a broken record, the doctor’s voice kept on repeating. Seungho tried to comfort him when he saw Haein's unmoving expressions. The world around him continued to move, but he felt stuck in the moment with grief and shock. And when he finally felt something wet on his cheek, it took him a moment to realize that it was a tear - the first one he had shed when he heard the news. “No.” he whispered and then he felt his knees give out as he fell to the ground, tears streaming down his face. The pain he felt was unbearable, as if someone had ripped his heart out of his chest.

 

"No, this can't be happening. She can't be gone," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "No! This isn't fair!" he shouted, his voice rising with each word. "Why did this have to happen to her? To us?" Seungho tried to calm him down, but Haein was inconsolable. "She was too young, too beautiful, too full of life. How could she be gone?" he yelled, his voice breaking. Seungho pulled Haein into a tight embrace, trying to hold him together as he continued to cry and shout.

 

The other boys in their gang stood in silence, their heads bowed in respect for the loss Haein had just suffered.

Please log in to read the full chapter