Chapter 2

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I will not take back my promise.”

 

Ji Hyo thought of this hard before deciding. Now that she have decided to marry him, she will not back out. There is nothing Jong Kook could say, then he gave his document to the officer same as Ji Hyo. Then the formalities were done in 10 minutes.

 

After giving the marriage license to them, Jong Kook gave Ji Hyo a set of keys, “I bought a house in Apgujeong. Halmeoni told me that you have a book shop near the Hanyang University. The house won’t be too far from your shop. Do you have driver’s license? If you have, you can buy a car. I can help you with the down payment and you will be the one paying for the monthly payment. It will be easier for you to go to work. I am very busy with work so we will not see each other so much. I will have business trips too, so don’t mind me and just look after yourself. I will send you the household expenses in the beginning of the month when our salary is out. Another thing, since this is only a marriage contract, we should make it a secret for the time being.”

 

Ji Hyo did not even had the chance to speak. She only agreed to the marriage just because she don’t like to be the reason of arguments of her sister and brother-in-law. It was the only way so that Ji Hyo will move out of the house without her sister worrying about her.

 

“I have a driver’s license but I don’t have any plans to buy a car right now. I can go to work using my e-bike. I just bought new batteries for it so it would be my loss if I will not use it. I have a question though, are we dividing our expenses?”

 

Even if her sister and brother-in-law married with love, her brother-in-law wanted to split their bills as if her sister was taking advantage. It takes a lot of time and effort to take care of a child, buy groceries, cook meals, and do household chores. A man who works at an office and never had done these things would think that his wife had it easy at home.

 

Since Ji Hyo and Jong Kook did not meet before this, Ji Hyo would be at ease if they would share.

 

Jong Kook immediately answered, “I have the means to support my wife and our little family. We don’t need to share expenses.”

 

Ji Hyo smiled, “Ok then.”, and thought that she does not like to freeload and planned to pay whatever she needed in the house from her own pocket. She was saving on rent anyway.

 

Jong Kook then check his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter