ROSE

TAEUN Playlist

 


Taemin had a small flower shop at the end of the street .

He used to wake up early in the morning everyday, open his shop, arrange all the freshly brought flowers in the different vases to keep them in refrigerator, and prepare the beautiful bouquets as per the daily reservations then. His daily routine was simple and consistent.

It was his love for flowers and was happy giving happiness through these flowers to the world, by choosing and arranging them for different events according to his instincts. He was quite famous too for being good at his work.

There was a small local library at the other end of the same street, where Taemin had his shop.

Naeun used to visit the library almost every weekend to spend her time on her day offs.

She was a book illustrator, she loved reading in her free time since childhood and that was one of her priorities in her spare time now as well, because of her profession too at the present time.

This library was near her house so she would go there on Saturdays and Sundays on her bicycle.

Taemin would watch her pass-by every week from his shop, and was kind of curious about her now, seeing her often.

She used to buy her usual black calla lily from his store before heading back home & that was the only interaction they both were having for 6-7 months now.

Calla lily was her favorite flower and Taemin would make a minimal yet beautiful looking bouquet as she liked, so she never missed taking them from his place every week.

Naeun was naturally a shy person, but for some reason, she was not even able to match eyes with this florist.

Taemin was prettier than most of her girlfriends, and she would get more conscious going before him every time, so looking in his eyes was a fargone option then. 

She would take her flowers and go back home without uttering a word to him. Saying a simple 'thank you’ was so hard, as if her tongue was tied by some force, and all she could think was she was acting so weird every time she was in front of him, which would make her leave silently.

She was trying to break this uncommon feeling but failed multiple times, she would literally forget words when she would stand before him, and eventually she gave up all at once, continuing to stay silent instead of embarrassing herself badly.

But Taemin, on the opposite side, had started waiting for her, more intrigued by her silence, observing her week by week now.

He would keep her flowers ready for her as he would see her go to the library, and after some weeks he started adding some roses or white lily along with it sometimes when they were available, and she would accept whatever he made with no complaints or compliments. 

His curiosity about her was just rising with her empty responses now, even after making several attempts each week to interact with her with such small gestures.

She would not look at him, not talk to him other than asking for her flowers, but there was something about her that was making him think about her all day after her visits. 

Maybe because she was really pretty and cute, and he just wanted to talk to her once. He even tried giving up thinking she was just not interested in having any interaction with him, but still a part of him wanted to try having atleast a natural conversation with her by making up some kind of coincidence.

He was just observing her for all these days but after thinking a lot, he had started putting a small card in her bouquets to keep it indirect, but still there was no sign of her breaking her silence or giving him any response.

He just couldn’t give up at this point, wondering what was on her mind for playing so hard with him. 

He was trying his best by going out of his way to even approach a person like this, and she was completely ignoring his every attempt now. 

He wanted to ask her straight away but he was not good at starting conversations either.

Losing sanity to his restless mind, one day he ended up following her to the library, hoping she would react in some way seeing him there, as she wasn’t really unfamiliar with him now.

He noticed her sitting on the table at the corner of the room on the first floor, as he went to take the empty seat beside her grabbing a random book from the shelf nearby.

He didn’t even look at the book in his hand when he opened it just to make it look like he was there to read, flapped a few pages further, as he placed it on the table before him, faking to read it, when his mind was occupied with planning to start a conversation with her, if she doesn’t do it herself today.

He caught her taking short glances at him after a while, as he turned to her taking the chance to speak finally, “hii”

“Hii” she had softest low voice, but she was smiling or maybe trying really hard to keep back that smile, something was going on with her, but Taemin was too caught in her shining eyes for a minute to say anything further till she blinked to speak further, “Why are you reading this?” she asked, her wondering eyes shifting on the book in front of him, as he took a quick glance at the opened page without really noticing anything, looking back at her in confusion, wondering why she asked such a question,

“It’s a book about pregnancy” she pressed her finger at the top corner of the book where the name of the book was printed, ‘First time Mom’ as he read it finally.

He turned to her eyes that were on him now only to look away, dumbfounded, his eyelids flapping cutely in embarrassment quickly then, as she noticed his stumped face, stifling a laugh now.

The very next moment he had the book closed, grabbing it in his hand, as he raised to walk away to the shelf, putting it back in shelf by collapsing a whole bunch of books more, making him curse himself then, as he sat down to collect them all, giving up on his all ideas till now.

He raised to put all the books back on the shelf again, and had just one plan left, to escape that place as soon as possible. 

How can he anyhow make possible that she was not watching him?

He wanted to just disappear from there, but he had to run away instead, almost saving another book from falling.

Arghh!! He was washed with shame walking back to his shop but all he could do was cry now. There was really no way that he could erase what just happened.

This was not what he was expecting or wanted to happen, and worse happened, and he will get more embarrassed seeing her after this, he had just ruined everything before it even started.

And only universe knows what she’s thinking about him now.

This would be the worst kind of humiliation that could ever happen to him.

An hour passed and he saw her walking back, on her way from the library, and there it was all his self confidence melting down more and more as he saw her coming closer, he really wanted to vanish away from there, at that moment.

There was just no way he could avoid her, as she was coming in the shop’s direction already, so he got her bouquet without putting in the card this time.

She parked the bike and came in trying to keep herself from laughing in front of him, as he extended the bouquet to her, trying his best to keep his eyes down.

It was so much more difficult to be in front of her, he was regretting his every move till now.

He was holding the bouquet for longer than a minute, but she didn’t seem to take it, so he had to look at her to know what she was up to.

She had reached for her cute little backpack on her back to get something out, as he still had his hand extended to her with the flowers, lost in confusion, what was she trying to do??

She brought out the bunch of the tiny cards he had kept secretly in her bouquets since few weeks.

There were six of them.

She kept the first one on the table making him lower his hand now to watch her and the card simultaneously, flustered, she kept them all, and why is she showing them suddenly now.

The first one read a simple but cute ‘Hi’ with a smiley :) ... 

“Hii” she answered, as he looked at her, his eyes sparked with innocent surprise, he was just trying to get through what she was trying here,

The next one came over, saying ‘Can I know your name?’ as she looked at him, to press a gentle smile, “It’s Son Naeun!”

“Son Naeun....” he repeated it to himself in a soft voice, as she gave a quick cute nod in return, making him smile instantly.

She was blushing now, but another card came on the top of the previous one, taking his attention again, ‘Is this your favorite flower?’ 

And he had expecting eyes waiting for her response, “Yes, it is my favorite flower” she answered trying to not smile now, unaware that her cheeks were already glowing pink.

He nodded in agreement, keeping a straight face when she looked at him pulling the next card, careful enough to not make her conscious of what he could see.

The fourth one was on the table, that said, ‘I have something to tell you’

And he was nervous again.

He didn’t want to send this one, but he wanted to trigger her silence somehow and ended up sending it anyway then.

She didn’t say anything this time, raising his anxiety, as he tried reading her empty face, but the fifth one followed now, ‘Am I making you uncomfortable?’ 

He was just very desperate at this time, and looking at those cards with her, was just intensely nerve-wrecking .

He looked up but she was not looking at him this time.

He had his eyes on her, anxiously waiting for her to answer the question now, “No, you didn’t” he heard her & ended up smiling too quickly without any second thought, all his face was screaming victory, as he reached to cover his lips with his fingers before she could look at him again, trying to control his overjoyed expression.

She had the last card in her hand now, as she placed it on the table pressing her finger on it, he knew what it was and that was making him smile wider,

‘I would like to know you more’ it read.

They both looked up together this time as their eyes met, “Me too” she could hardly keep down her smile this time, observing his excited face, as his eyes were dancing in joy, hearing her words making her blush harder then, as they ended up looking away, smiling on themselves.

The flower was still in his hand as he extended it to her again now, “How about dinner next week?” He had gained some confidence back at this point.

She took the bouquet, nodding back, the spark in her eyes reflecting her excited agreement, as he nodded back, trying not to smile like a fool again, “See you next week then” she nodded again, before turning to leave, as he watched her back.

He could feel his cheeks hurting, unable to keep his smile down, watching her get her bike and leave finally.

—-----------

They were walking side by side, and Naeun was feeling the presence of his hand near hers, and she was trying with all her strength to keep her hand from touching him, as she might just melt now if she physically touches him, she was already flushing, feeling hot since a while, on that chilly night.

She had no idea that this meeting was gonna make her feel like a teenager again, and after spending two hours talking to him so casually, she was nervous as heck again suddenly.

She was not ready for her mind running so fast on imagination, it was crazy enough how they were on lunch suddenly, and he told her about his love for flowers and why he chose to be a florist instead of going for normal job, and she was eventually telling him the story of her childhood passion for drawing then, which got her into the current job of illustrations, and they had shared the most important stories of their lives in these two hours, and it seemed like in hours they were so close and knew each other so much.

Just looking at him time to time was making her heart flutter.

They were walking so close on the sidewalk, and if she does something weird in her anxiety now, she knew it will be embarrassing for both of them, so she decided to walk ahead of him, just because that’s the only way she knew she could handle herself in the moment.

Taemin was confused, seeing Naeun take longer steps to move ahead of him suddenly, but he was observing her and noticed her tight fist on her side then, and ended up smiling to himself, before increasing his pace to go walk beside her again.

“Are you in some hurry?” She heard him, as she saw him walking with her again, making her shake her head in denial immediately, as he chuckled at her cute face filled with awkward surprise, 

“Should we take a taxi instead of walking?” He suggested ahead.

She didn’t want to leave so soon, she was liking this time, walking with him, answering his question was difficult. She was tongue-tied.

If she says yes they will part in the next 15 mins, and if she says no he seems to . 

She had come to know him that much in this short meeting that he was enjoying teasing her with his unpredictable comments and compliments, and she was really bad at coming back at him.

She was lost on what to say, but he was just staring at her perplexed face in the meantime, and smiling more now.

“Why do you think I asked you for this lunch?” he asked, as she now looked in his smiling eyes, curious about what he was getting at.

His eyes had some kind of softness, which felt so comfortable, she didn’t even realize she was just staring in his eyes for a minute till he spoke again, “Are we having a staring contest now?” he teased, bringing her back to him, as she blinked, recollecting what he had said just a while ago, looking away with a thoughtful face then, as she heard him scoff, 

“Are we going to meet again?” he had another question now, getting her back on high alert of emotions.

He had made her heart race for multiple times today by such unexpected timing of his direct questions, and she was so unschooled for any of them.

He was not shy as much as she had thought him to be, he was way more than what she had ever thought of him. 

And this change in her thoughts was happening way too fast than she could control, but the bigger problem was she was liking all of it, she was happy to see his new side and was curious about his other sides too.

Yes, she wanted to meet him again, and wanted to talk more about his stories, and tell him more about her stories.

Naeun was a girl who had not felt this intense need of talking to someone about such trivial things of her life till now. But after spending this time with Taemin she wanted to tell him so much more about her. That’s why, it was more hard for her to see herself in this new light.

She was looking way too nervous to speak out, and he pursed his lips again into a soft smile then, “Maybe you can message me later?” he had his arm extended with his phone, watching her with a hint of expectation and hope.

She took the phone, as he was practically somersaulting inside his head, seeing her type her number on his dialpad, as she returned it, finally noticing his satisfied face to smile back.

“I’ll wait for your message then” he muttered before pressing the call button, as they heard her ringtone, making her nod softly then, reaching for her own phone in her purse, disconnecting the call to save his number.

“Should we get a taxi now?” he asked again now, as she looked at him perplexed before turning her eyes on the street before her, searching it for a second, as she spotted something at a distance, “I'm craving for bingsu" (bingsu is shaved ice dessert)

He looked at the place behind him she had her eyes on, his heart jolting inside with joy, as he laughed out loud, breaking his own nervousness going on inside him till now, “Okay” he snickered, looking back at her, as she was already walking forward in the direction of that shop, maintaining the straight face, as he followed adoring her cuteness behind that sharpness.

They ended up spending some more time of that evening, visiting the shops nearby doing some window shopping, and buying some toys and clothes for her dog and his cat, and the formals were dropped by the end of that evening, and much of the shyness was disappearing faster after they had started talking about their pets now for two more hours roaming around in that market.

The goodbye was more warmer, but the night didn't followed smoothly because of that very reason then.

She texted him before going to bed and eventually they ended up planning to go on a movie date the next day after her library hours.

And Naeun could hardly sleep that night, woke up early too, she was ready to leave for the library but her heart was just racing so fast since morning now, thinking about meeting Taemin later that day.

She felt dizzy by the way she was so happy right now.

She went down to get her bike and came out of her apartment building with it, as she noticed Taemin waiting for her outside.

When they were eventually going to meet later today, why was he here so early now?

She walked to him obviously surprised, as he came to stand in front of her, pulling out the hand behind him holding the bouquet with a calla lily and roses, decorated beautifully together, as she took it from him, “But-” she was going to ask him why was he here to give her the flowers early in the morning, but she noticed a card inside, as she reached for it before saying anything more, opening it, ‘Will you date me?’

She found his eyes on her, waiting, as she was just staring silently at him then, not sure if this wasn’t just an early morning dream, 

“I already know I like you very much” he confessed, “I couldn’t wait to tell you that” 

She was still lost for words, stunned by this sudden upright confession, 

“You can tell me your answer whenever you want” "No need to hurry" he added, seeing her lost in thoughts again, “I’ll go ahead then” he turned away to walk back to the street now.

“Okay!” he heard her loud voice for first time, as he turned back amazed, to see her again, as she showed him the card, holding her hand high in the air, “Yes” “I will” 

His lips went up in a smile slowly, as he nodded back, “Okay” he shouted back, giggling to himself, before turning around to go his way out again, as she was about to go back home to leave the flowers there, but saw him turn back again, as she stopped too, waiting for him, 

“So we’re dating now?” he asked, confirming it as she chuckled, nodding cutely in agreement again, making him go out finally, as she went upstairs again with the flowers then.

 

 

 

 


A/N :

A meet-cute chapter, the song is really cute and fluffy, perfect fit for this story. Hope you enjoyed reading it as always.

Taemin and Naeun both are cute people, so it gets way too cheesy and cringey with their reactions sometimes, but I don't know, I love them all shy & blushy so... 6v6 .

I'm having fun writing fluff for this couple.

 

P.S. : Shinee month is starting now and I am going to chose five of the shinee solo songs for the whole month update & I'm really excited for that coming up next now. So hope you stay tuned.

Thank you for reading!!