The Way I Loved You (2)

TAEUN Playlist

 

“You alone?” Taemin asked, as he saw Naeun walking towards the car, as he was standing there, waiting for her and Sooho, early in the morning, as they decided to go see the site Taemin was suggesting for the shoot today.

It was a small town near Italy, located on the bank of a beautiful lake.

“Yeah” “SooHo oppa needs to meet the authorities of our associated label here” she answered, “Are you scared of me?” She still had that upset tone, as he giggled on her question, finding her anger cute now, as he walked himself ahead to open the door for her, shaking his head, “As if I don’t know you” he smirked, taking a dead stare from her.

She kept staring at him without getting in the car, making him raise his eyes then, “Why?”

“I never thought I would see you opening door for me” she smirked, holding the car door he had opened for her, climbing in, as she heard him chuckle, “Well I don’t like being the gentlemen types but you seem to like such things” he commented, before closing the door, as she pressed the window button to open her window, watching him walk forward to go to his driver seat, smiling to himself.

He started the car, and now that the doors were locked and they were on the road, being only the two of them, the silence between them was getting awkward.

“Your mom told me you were in Europe since a year” she tried to start a conversation, making him take a short glance at her, as she met his eyes only to get flustered again, “You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want to” he was blunt but calm, and she was frustrated again now to realize that she was the only one so bothered, trying to talk it out with him.

“Fine!” she whispered in a frustrated tone, making him take a look at her again, 

“I’m sorry” he apologized, reading her expression for a moment.

“It’s okay” she was gonna act calm too, “It’s better we don’t talk much”

“I’m sorry for not contacting you for so long” he spoke  ahead, surprising her but she maintained to watch the road, waiting to hear more of him first before speaking anything further again, “I know I have hurt you”

“I just wanna say sorry now that we are here together” he went on, as she was listening to him patiently, “I’ll regret later not telling you that”

“What if we hadn’t met like this?” she questioned, as he finished his words, “Were you never gonna talk to me again?” she was calm but needed to ask that so she did.

“Probably” he knew he would have never done it on his self effort, 

“Why?’ she was unexpectedly surprised with his answer, “I can’t understand you, give me a clear reason” 

“You can go back to your not talking thing you know?” he was anxious now with her getting talkative again, he would answer her something he didn't want to.

“Yah” “Lee Taemin!” her tone was filled with anger that was triggered with his response,

“Yah?” he was shocked to hear her get casual so spontaneously, he wasn’t ready for the old Naeun yet, that too in anger.

Surprisingly, he found himself chuckling after frowning for a moment, feeling the old energy between them back, recreating the old memories of their fights.

“Fine” “I really don’t wanna know anything now” she was pissed seeing him smile, upset again, disappointed that he still wasn’t willing to share with her and was teasing her when she wanted to talk about something serious here.

“I’m the idiot” she was murmuring angrily, as she turned away to watch out of the window, trying to take a few deep breaths to calm herself.

She wanted to let go of this need of knowing the reason for his disappearance as he was acting so hard to get, but her impatience wasn’t helping any of her attempts right now in holding back. 

She was dying to know what went so bad that made him leave abruptly in the middle of nowhere, when everything was going fine for her.

Her phone started beeping as she reached it to see Rin video-calling her, as she scrolled immediately to receive it,

“Hii” she had the smile back on her face, watching Rin on the camera with her bright smile, “hii”

“Where are you going so early in the morning?” she asked, noticing the car background, making Naeun look around, “I-” “Sightseeing?” she joked, and continued laughing, as Taemin was watching her, when their eyes met for her to go serious again for a second.

“You look so relaxed” Rin complimented seeing Naeun’s giggling face, “Looks like everything is going well there, huh?” she smirked, flipping her hair back, she was on her sofa with her night-mask on. 

It was night in Korea, and Rin was ready to sleep, when she decided to have a talk with Naeun before going to bed today, knowing she was in Italy she wanted to know how things were progressing there..

“No” “It’s a filming location” Naeun remarked, sending another cold look in Taemin’s direction, squinting her eyes then turning back to Rin, “Our new photographer had a suggestion & SooHo was sold, so-” 

“Here I am” she shrugged, raising side of , 

“Ah! New photographer!” Rin exclaimed, remembering reading Haeri's message from yesterday mentioning Taemin’s name to her, “Lee Taemin right?”

Taemin had a smile hearing his full name being called, as Naeun was sneaking brief glances at him.

“Are you with him now?” Rin asked from that side, bringing Naeun back to her, “Yeah” 

“Is he listening to this?” Rin was sparked by realization now, watching Naeun with shock, as Naeun pressed her lips watching her to control laughing out, blinking at her,

“Why would you do that to me?” Rin screamed, making Naeun scoff then watching her, as she saw a subtle smile on Taemin’s lips too.

“I’ll call you” she heard Rin before she could say anything else, and the video call ended, only to get the phone ringing again with a voice call from Rin.

“Don’t play with me by putting this on speaker now” Rin warned as soon as Naeun picked the call, her loud voice hurting Naeun’s ears, as she pulled the phone away for a second, before getting it back to her ears, smiling to herself,

“It’s not” “Why are you acting so weird?” Naeun chuckled, she was seeing Rin being so self-conscious in a long while now.

“It’s LeeTaemin” she screamed again, for Naeun to curl her eyebrows cringing on her tone now, as she looked at Taemin to find him smirking. 

He probably heard Rin with her loud scream being so clear for the silence in the car. 

“He’s so y” “and cool” “and do you even know how famous he is in our community” Rin was going on nonstop, making Naeun roll her eyes silently, knowing Taemin could hear, but she just wasn’t ready to tell her, as she would make her ears bleed more then.

“Anyway, who should I thank for getting him on this project?” Rin was super-excited to stop at only compliments..

“SooHo!” Naeun answered in a flat tone, as she saw Taemin’s cheek blushed now.

“Give him the phone” Rin ordered,

“He is not with me” Naeun’s answer got Rin wondering, “He had another urgent meeting today”

“You are alone with Taemin?” she asked now, getting goofy again,

“And you have no thoughts of cheating on SooHo?” Rin was just enjoying this conversation more now, getting Naeun more worked up, who knew Taemin was listening to this conversation,

“Aren’t you supposed to sleep?” “You should have your beauty sleep” Naeun needed to stop Rin now, before she goes overboard with her energy, “Go ahead & sleep Rin!”

Rin was laughing hysterically, making Naeun close her eyes, as she turned her face towards the window again, “He’s not that great looking for you to brag so much” she murmured in a very low voice, as Rin had stopped laughing to speak again, “Did you just say he’s not good looking?” 

“I’m not asking you to cheat on SooHo but don’t you dare say anything about Taemin” Rin was scolding her, and Naeun had a pout on her lips now, watching the road helplessly.

“I’ve met him once maybe-” “He has a good face with a nice personality as I remember” Rin’s authoritative tone was changed to sweet now, “He’s such a nice person”

Naeun scoffed, as she remembered Taemin’s words about Rin, “He don’t even remember you” she blurted, still speaking in a whisper, but Taemin had heard her, turning to her with a blank stare, to notice her watching out from the window, oblivious to his attention.

Why was he supposed to hear all this girl-gossip? But he had no other choice in a running car which he was driving himself now.

“I wasn’t expecting him to” Rin replied, as Naeun nodded nonchalantly, putting her chin on her arm on the window sill, calming down..

“Yah” “You’re really impossible Son Naeun” Rin was back with her loud scream, startling Naeun again,

“You’re talking all this sitting beside him?” Rin questioned, making Naeun take a look at Taemin now, who was focused on his driving, quiet and calm.

“Hmm” “That’s why we should end the call now” Naeun raised her tone slightly, watching him, as she turned to look straight again, “Call me if you need anything else except for Taemin” “Or else see you day after tomorrow” she declared, acting nonchalant now.

She heard Rin panic more, knowing Taemin was listening to these words of Naeun, “Yah Son Naeun!” “Wait till I come there” 

“This is so embarrassing” Rin was probably regretting making this call now.

Naeun couldn’t help but giggle at Rin's words, “I’m waiting for you” she teased, making Rin cut the line first, as she pulled her phone down too then.

“You’re quite famous in the industry” Naeun broke the silence between them, naturally this time in the flow of her thoughts, without intending to investigate him this time.

“Hmm” “I know” he was annoyingly confident, as she had the stern gaze going back to him, “Only if they knew you’re much more annoying too” she added, watching his calm expression, as he pressed his lips together, “Only you think that” he corrected, making her raise her eyes at him, but a heavy sigh followed then, “Right!”

“I was the only one who got that side of you” she added, making him smile again.

He pushed the break, startling her, “We’ve arrived” he announced, as she looked at the front of the car to see a beautiful lake in front of them, and a town at the other end of it.

She stepped out mesmerized by how beautiful it was, “Wow” 

“This looks amazing” she was regretting opposing SooHo’s decision and missing out on this amazing place.

“I told you” Taemin had a proud smile as he himself was admiring the view with her. 

She turned to him, “Well, I must say you have an eye for things” she was complimenting heartily, unlike the sour compliment a minute ago, as he raised his eye in surprise, nodding at her then, “I agree” his lips went up in an adorable smile, bringing a giggle from her, as she continued to observe the place then.

She was taking pictures on her phone and already planning the shoot in her head, and Taemin got a chance to watch her without interruption then, as she was way too busy admiring the view & getting best shots of the entire scenario.

He was unable to take his eyes off her somehow. The pull was unintended but strong. 

He was feeling that satisfying calmness of meeting her, talking to her, her talking to him like the same old days again.

She was glowing with happiness, and he was happy too, seeing her happy and healthy. 

He was able to meet her luckily after so long when he was not planning to, he wanted to fill his memories of hers with these new ones, not sure how long it will take for him to see her again.

He was teary in seconds with another overwhelmed feeling taking control of his heart now. 

He was so grateful to meet her but the ache of not seeing her again was also real. He was torn between that perplexed emotion now.

She looked back at him before he could recover, catching his teary gaze, as he looked away, clearing his throat, before walking in the opposite direction from her now.

“What happened to you?” She followed him, as he turned to the opposite from her eyes on him, “Nothing” “the sun is too strong” he blinked, trying to get back to normal again before she could start with her trail of questions again.

“You look sad” how can she not recognize his gloomy face, “Don’t lie to me” he should’ve tried better.

“Why can’t you tell me what is going on with you?” she was really worried about his habit of hiding his emotions at this point now, 

“Oppa, are you really happy here without all of us?” she asked with a much direct approach to get some proper answers now.

She was waiting for him to talk, as he was still avoiding looking back at her, 

“Huh?” she nudged his arm but he wasn’t ready to look back at her.

She had to move in front of him then, now that they were on the topic, and she knew something was wrong that she had to know it, “You should tell me now” “I need to know” 

“You are just making me more worried by not answering” she was watching his lowered eyes, pouty lips, she knew he was holding in a lot of things, “Just talk to me” “Will you?” she was just gonna push a bit more knowing he would tell her if she asks again now, 

“Ah, oppa?” she cooed in impatience, making him breathe out finally.

“You are not going to like it” he was acting like a guilty child trying to hide his mistake, but it was too late to say sorry, and he knew that more than anyone else,

“I’m already not liking this” she was ready to hear whatever it was.

He looked up at her finally to find her watching him with a pleading face, as he looked in her eyes for a second, biting on his lips nervously, as she was waiting for him to speak, 

“What did you even do so wrong that you made me hate you for four years, giving up on our friendship too?” she added, seeing him go silent again, she didn’t know what to say more to get him to answer her properly, 

“I’m not going to move on without knowing this now?”.she urged, making him watch her nervously, as he sighed again before speaking back,

“I like you” “not just as a friend” “but maybe much more than that” he blurted the words out like water, in spite of the shaky voice,

“Maybe I am in love with you” he confessed, putting all his guards down shamelessly for a while, when he was freaking out inside with nervousness.

He knew he was going to get a huge lash back from her on this but she was leaving anyway so it was better to say it out, than keeping it in his heart forever.

And he knew she was thinking about their friendship, worried for him, which got her to ask him these questions with such diligence even after all these years and lying to her was not his cup of tea which was why he went away, so this happened to be the only option he could choose at the moment.

She was watching him in shock, as she stepped back, staring at him, as he took a glance at her to look away again.

She went silent for a long 10 minutes after that and he got himself a seat on one of the cleaner spaces of the big black rocks on the shore of the lake in that brief period of time.

After she was done processing her thoughts for a while now, she saw him sitting peacefully, his relaxed eyes staring at the lake, as she walked to him, to stand near him, “Are you feeling good after doing that to me?” she had an enraged tone, making him smile, “Hmm” he was strangely feeling so much lighter after saying those words out to her.

She pushed his arm, making his body lean to the other side, as he looked up surprised, and ended up laughing then, “What?” 

“I said you’re not going to like it” he joked, laughing again, as she ended up pushing him harder this time, for his side to almost touch the rocky surface beneath.

As he got back to sit again, she had walked a few feets away to sit on another space with rocks, as he was watching her with an adoring smile now.

“You still-” she was hesitating to ask, taking a sneak peek at him, turning her gaze to the lake to avoid watching him then, “You still feel the same?” 

Taemin nodded continuing to keep his eyes on the lake, “I don’t know I mean it was hard for me to date other girls in these four years” 

“And seeing you again, I think I do feel the same way” he turned his eyes on her, he was able to say it more confidently now, but she was still avoiding his gaze.

She was feeling strange hearing all this from him. 

“You left us, because you wanted to run away from me?” she asked looking up, as their eyes met, 

“I came here because I wanted to know what I would be without you” he answered, holding her eyes, “We had spent so many years together, I needed to know the truth of all these feelings for you” he added without much awkwardness left in him now, he was sure of his feelings and intentions now.

Naeun gulped feeling her dry throat, looking down from his intense gaze now. She didn't know that she could feel intimidated by him ever in her life. 

“Telling you any of these was not what I wanted” he added, watching her face go pale now.

She was able to see his sincerity in his eyes and she felt a part of herself coming back to her.

They were so young when they met and he was always teasing her, and she would always fall for his pranks, but she also knew that honest face of his for all these years of their friendship.

“What about now?” she looked up to see him, as he looked in her eyes again, “Are we going back to strangers again after you saying this?” she asked, but she was afraid of his answer too.

She didn’t know what kind of feeling that was, fear of him saying yes to her question or sadness of not talking to him ever again. 

She was not feeling better at all even after knowing everything now.

“I can’t see you with someone else and click pictures with you at your wedding, Naeun-ah” he was getting to the point in a very straightforward way, but there was no other way he could think of making her understand and close the conversation about this for them.

He just wanted to keep it clear now that they have spoken about it so clearly.

She was feeling so heartbroken to hear that, but he was right, she knew that feeling, she had felt that ache which was why she could never be friends with both of his girlfriends ever in the past. 

She knew exactly what he was talking about. But it was so hurtful to lose him again when she was so close to hoping of getting him back in her life. She always needed him in her life. She had never accepted cutting him out forever. And all this happening was just opposite of her thoughts now.

“Okay” “Let’s go back” she stood up walking to the car, as he followed her quietly, they were both quiet on the whole journey back. And the air was getting heavier between them.

It was much better to hate him not knowing till now than have all these old feelings back again. 

She was struggling. She was struggling real hard again to put back what she had left behind before deciding to date SooHo.

Everything was coming up on the surface again like someone just wiped off the layer she had made over her memories till now.

She was acting calm but only she knew how the world inside her was flipped upside down right now.

She had been waiting for these words from him for so long in the past, but now that she heard them finally, nothing was how she expected it to be.

She was in a relationship which was as perfect as she could not even imagine, and here she was remembering her old life and that old self of her who was in love with Taemin for more than 10 years.

Taemin dropped her at the hotel entrance, as she stepped out, “See you day after tomorrow then” he looked at her from the window, as she nodded back silently, making him drive away then, as she watched his car disappear at the corner of the street.

—------------

They were at the palace again, Taemin was busy clicking pictures of Rin, as Naeun & SooHo were observing the screen in front of them, monitoring the shots.

“Are we done here for today?” SooHo asked, getting his phone out to check the notifications, “Almost” Naeun murmured, her eyes lifted to see Rin, as she saw Taemin walking in Rin’s direction then.

Rin had open hair and a small flower from the tree nearby had fallen on her hair, messing the shot, as Taemin had reached to get it off her hair, and they both ended up laughing as Rin was so confused what Taemin was indicating since the last five mins to her was this tiny flower stuck in her hair-length.

“Have you checked the arrangements for tomorrow?” “We have that countryside shoot tomorrow?”  SooHo was talking to her but she wasn’t present there, her eyes were stuck on the duo, who were having their own conversation for a while now.

“Naeun?”

“Huh?” she was startled by hearing her name now, as she looked at him, when he glanced between her and the sight she was lost in, “We have the shoot at that lake spot tomorrow” he acted ignorant knowing her distraction, focusing on his point again.

“Yeah I know” she nodded, confident in her preparation, “Have you finalized the look for that shoot?” he asked in his calm tone, watching her patiently, “You haven’t send me the final look yet”

“I didn’t?” her head was blank right now,

“Yeah you were working on it last night” “And you were going to send it to me this morning” he reminded, making her realize that she was busy with the shoot since early morning and forgot to send that picture to SooHo.

“I’m sorry” “I’ll send you” she got her hand on her phone, searching for the image and sending it to him immediately,

“I think Rin is interested in Taemin” SooHo added now, when Naeun was busy again monitoring the newly clicked shots, as she turned to him again, before taking a glance at RIn and Taemin again.

“She wants me to ask Taemin to join us in her next project too” SooHo indicated, watching Naeun, who was staring at him blankly now, “I wanted to know if you will feel uncomfortable working with him again”

SooHo knew Naeun quite well in their friendship of two years and then dating her. He could read her distress from her face that she was worried about something more than work, her small distractions were just making it obvious that the reason was somehow related to Taemin. So he had guessed the state of her mind after observing her since yesterday.

“Why would I be uncomfortable?” she answered, trying to act cool about it.

She had to make it a point to herself that whatever she had been thinking was just a distraction, and Taemin was going to be professionally involved with them anyhow in future too, so she wanted to handle this without her emotions getting much involved here.

“So you’re fine with him working with us again?” he asked to confirm, as she nodded, “Don’t worry about me” she blinked, assuring him, as he nodded back taking the note of her answer, “Alright!”

“I think we can wrap up now” they heard Taemin’s voice, as they looked up to see Rin and Taemin standing before them, 

“Can I see the pictures?” Taemin went behind Naeun’s chair to look at the screen after he saw her nod in agreement.

Naeun was freezed like a fool staring at the screen herself absentmindedly.

She was just nervous for no reason feeling his presence behind her.

“You look pretty” Taemin complimented Rin, as Naeun’s eyes went up to watch Rin as she saw her blushing & pressing her lips together shyly.

“Well, you clicked them so-” Rin remarked, taking a glance at Naeun with excitement, who had her eyebrow curled, cringing at Rin's shy face, as Rin shrugged watching her, mouthing ahead silently, ‘I like him’.

Naeun sighed too loudly in reaction to Rin, taking SooHo and Taemin’s attention then,

“You don’t like them?” Taemin asked, looking down at her, making Naeun look up to him at the same time, to get another heartstop moment.

He was much closer to her eyes than she had seen him in a while now, and she was dumbfounded to speak much ahead.

All she could do was stare at him at that moment. 

“They look much better than what we expected” SooHo answered instead, as she turned to him then, still flustered and her heart still loud, 

“Is there anything you want to change?” SooHo asked, matching eyes with Naeun, taking a glance at screen again.

“No” “they’re good” she nodded, taking a deep breath, composing herself back again, “We can wrap up” 

—------------

“Wow, I really think I should ask out Taemin-ssi?” Rin said, making Naeun take a glance at her, “You don’t even want to take a breath right?” she added, watching Rin chuckle then, “Who knows he’s so handsome I just want to take my chance till I have it, you know?”

“I still can’t believe he's been single for four years with that face” Rin added, and Naeun was on her way to a whole big pool of thoughts again, “I know right” she murmured, thinking to herself,

“He wanted to be in a relationship so bad back then” she blurted out nonchalantly, as Rin turned to her, surprised with her answer, “You know him?” 

Naeun had to explain her the friendship part between her and Taemin, their 14 years together and the separation too in brief, keeping the confession from Taemin out of frame, of course. Rin didn't had to know that.

“I can’t believe you both were just friends for 14 years?” Rin had another teasing comment coming up, “Nothing happened between you two?” she asked, making Naeun stretch her forehead before answering, “No!” 

“Why is it so hard to believe that?” she complained now, remembering SooHo’s similar comment,

“Why would you keep a boy like him as a friend you know?” Rin had her mischievous answer, teasing Naeun again, making her smile at her response but now few similar thoughts were at the back of her mind too, subconsciously.

What would have happened if I had told him my feelings then?

Would it be any different now?

Why was I such a coward then to tell him about my feelings for him?

She was brought back with a shiver, as she realized what she was thinking, and where her mind was heading with all these thoughts now.  

“Are you thinking about having him for you now?” Rin teased watching the thoughtful face of Naeun turned serious for a while. 

“Huh?” Naeun blinked flustered, surprised by her question,

“Just kidding” "Don't mind me"

“I can see, you and Sooho oppa are already this close to getting into marriage talks” Rin smirked, showing a pinch of her fingers in gesture.

Naeun felt a deep fear inside her growing with Rin’s words, acknowledging SooHo’s expectation from this relationship in that very spur of moment.

Naeun was not able to sleep that night and on top of that she dreamt about Taemin, she was on the aisle with SooHo and Taemin being present there, and her heart was scared & breaking at the same time and everything was so nerve-wrecking for her.

She was awake with cold sweat that morning.

She was afraid that she had messed up for a long time in her life now.

—-----------

“Maam your passport please?” The officer at the checking post repeated himself after waiting for a while, taking SooHo’s attention, who was in front of Naeun, as he noticed the lost face of her, making her flustered eyes fall on him, before reaching her purse for the passport.

They got the stamp, and went ahead to the waiting area, as she took a seat next to SooHo.

“You want something to eat?” he asked, observing her face for a while, as she denied shaking her head, staring at the floor.

“You have already skipped two meals Naeun, aren’t you hungry?” he was worried watching her face turn paler throughout the day now.

“I don’t feel like eating anything” she frowned, giving him a glance to assure him, “I’ll be fine” “I’ll eat something on plane” “I’m just feeling too stuffy right now” she added, making him straighten his face then.

He had his eyes on her, when she was again busy thinking about something, lost again in her own brain, unaware of his gaze completely.

“You sure?” he asked, making her nod absentmindedly, 

“You sure you don’t want to talk to Taemin?” he asked again, for her to turn her head to him this time,

“What is there to talk about?” she was already pondering about her changing thoughts, and SooHo had to surprise her like this.

“It’s not what you’re thinking, oppa” she added, knowing what he was suggesting, 

“And what do you think I'm thinking?” SooHo was not going to let it go, as he had done it patiently for a while now.

Naeun was just so confused right now, he was unable to stay silent anymore.

She looked at SooHo who was waiting for her to speak patiently, who was trying to push her limits now. 

“I really don’t want to think about him again” she had the helpless eyes watching him, making him move closer to her to wrap his arm around her shoulder, “But you are thinking a lot” he stressed on the words, but in a caring tone.

“I don’t have any feelings for him” she shook her head, trying to answer him back.

But even she wasn’t sure she was telling or asking him.

He pressed his lips together in a line, staring at her sad face, “You are doing it again” she looked at him with confusion now, not knowing what he was going to say.

“I don’t know what exactly should keep two people together” SooHo said, getting Naeun’s serious attention now as she was waiting for his next words, “What we have is definitely the understanding & comfort, which is great” “But-”

She knew where he was heading with his words and she was feeling guilty now to make him talk with her about it first.

“what you both have-” he went on, she wanted to interrupt him but she couldn’t dare herself to say anything further, 

“You still love him, Naeunah!” he addressed his guess, which he was sure of more than 50% by now and Naeun was speechless, as she looked down then, unable to look in his eyes again.

She had to admit at this point that she did. 

Every part of her soul and mind knew she did. 

She never was able to move on. She was following the ‘fake it till you make it’ agenda for her love life, which had got her here now.

“I am an idiot” she leaned forward taking her face in her palms, disappointed with herself.

She wanted to disappear from there.

This wouldn’t have happened if she had not stubbornly asked Taemin about it, and now his confession had this effect on her, which was so annoying but real. 

“I don’t know if this is gonna work” she muttered, keeping her face inside her palms, “I don’t know if it’s worth giving up on us” she turned her face to see him, as he had a soft smile on his face.

“I’m acting so selfish but I’m so scared right now” tears were down her waterline, as SooHo reached to pat her back, 

She had to hide her face again, as she saw ppl around them watching her, “Gosh! I’m terrible” she whispered, making him continue to pat her back to calm her now, “It’s okay” 

“You just have to go talk to him” 

“Are you not going to tell him about your feelings ever?” she heard him, making her turn to him again, “Is that worth giving up?” he continued, looking in her eyes, as she felt goosebumps now, realizing how she was overthinking and committing the same mistake again.

She was the one who was supposed to solve it and she was trying to avoid it, acting like a coward again.

“I’m going to kick his if he gives me any excuses after this” she stood up, wiping her cheeks, as she heard SooHo laugh behind her, “You better do that anyway” he raised too, to stand beside her.

“I’m really sorry oppa” she turned to face him, “Don’t” “Not like you cheated on me” he smiled at her, taking a smile back, “And I didn’t wanted to ignore what I could see”

“Go now” “The shoot was your major responsibility which is done” “Rest is my job, you can join us in next two days” “Don’t take longer than that” he added, as she was watching him with respect now, “Thank you so much” 

—------------

She had messaged Taemin to meet her in a park.

She saw him coming near her, she couldn’t help herself but cry like a fool now.

“Why would you cry suddenly?” He didn't know why she was back here when she was supposed to leave today and she was crying now watching him.

He took a few quick steps to reach her faster, “Will you stop crying?” 

He went to stand at a distance in front of her, “I can’t think straight if you are crying like this.”  his heart was beating faster with anxiety now, seeing her wailing like a baby suddenly, “What is happening?” “Why are you here again?”

“Naeun-ah, please stop crying” he tried reaching her shoulder to hold her cautiously, but as soon as he touched her she had stepped ahead to sneak her arms around his torso, hugging his waist, as her sobbing just increased as he could feel her shivering in his arms, with her head on shoulders now.

He was shocked for a while, but she was still crying as he raised his hand to pat her head, trying to calm her down, holding her by the other.

Few minutes passed for her tears to dry out, as she walked back from his arms then, and he was watching her with confusion again, “I needed to talk to you” she started to speak finally.

“Hmm” he nodded, watching her with all his attention.

And she was stuck on words going mum again, she couldn’t think of a word to start, her head was blank, her heart was probably thudding loudly as much as she was hearing it so clearly now, “I-”

“Hmm?”

“Its-”

He was confused watching her stammer on her speech, waiting patiently, as she looked at his extremely worried face, and ended up laughing then.

He was just more confused seeing her abrupt reaction, “What?”

“Why do I even like an idiot like you so much?” she muttered, smiling again, 

“Huh?” he couldn’t join the dots, but he was alerted by her words, “What do you mean by that?” 

“I need to sit down” she was looking around to find a place, as she spotted a bench, which got her walking there to take the seat, making him follow her.

“Will you tell me what is happening?” he was frustrated, as she looked up with a blank face, “Why?” “You made me feel this way for four years”

“Just stop confusing me and tell me what are you talking about?’ he was getting impatient now.

“I deserve at least 4 minutes” she made a cute pout, going silent for a minute or two again.

He surrendered, and decided to stand there in front of her silently for the few minutes.

She looked up at him, patting the empty space beside her, as he went to sit next to her, “Some things never change” she confessed, making him look at her, as she bit her lip nervously watching him, taking a deep breath to speak further.

“You never ever realized that I had feelings for you for almost seven years now” she confessed, taking widened eyes from him,

”Are you serious right now?” He was shocked.

She nodded smiling, “And everything is still the same” “You, I and my heart for you”

“I had to break up with SooHo oppa to come here to tell you this” she added, looking in front again, as he was just staring at her dumbfounded.

“So you’re saying that you-” he turned himself to face her completely, as she was just getting more nervous now hearing him.

She turned her body in his direction, facing him too now, “I’m in love with you since last seven years”

“And why are you telling me that now?” he stood up in shock, his tone of voice being skeptical, as she stood up along with him, amazed by his reaction,

“Are you angry right now?” 

“You are talking about seven years and you never bothered to tell me?” he placed his argument trying to still say it in a much calmer voice. 

“You didn’t tell me for four years” she had her defense too.

“But you could’ve told me before that” he just couldn’t believe that she had feelings long before him and he had no clue of it.

“I didn’t want to be the problematic friend when you were busy dating others” she was pissed and offended now with his reverse anger.

She was watching his flustered face, who was struggling to make sense of this confession again now, along with the accusations added now, “Are you going to fight with me?” “Like right now?” “When I came back to talk to you about something so important?” she kept going with her complaining tone, watching his tongue-tied, helpless expression.

“I was such a fool” he looked at her, his eyes filled with regret now,

“I was a fool too” “That’s why I came back to fix this before we end up doing more foolish things” she reached his hands to take in hers, walking closer to him.

“I love you” 

He was looking in her eyes, as he heard her words, the feeling of euphoria getting hold of him in no time because of the magic of those words from her, and he just continued staring at her, as she ended up laughing then, curling her eyebrows shyly, not knowing what to do with his silent staring, “Aren’t you going to say something?” she asked, embarrassed now seeing him not even blink for a second.

He shook his head in denial, walking a step ahead to her, “I am going to kiss you” he whispered leaning closer to her, as she held onto his hand tightly when his lips touched hers, making her part her lips to kiss him back.

 

 


A/N :

It turned out to be quite long but it was hard to shorten it more than this. I wanted to present it with all proper elements so it took me a long time to get it done with what I wanted. Re-written this one multiple times, and it was hard to fit this complex situation in one chapter, but I hope  i haven't left any major open ends.

Hope you enjoy reading the  and always thankful for you guys appreaciting the stories in comments. It is the source of motivation for me, so i'm really grateful for your words.

P.S. I added images for each chapter to have a visual direction for the stories and concepts. I use them to visualize while writing so i thought it will be more fun while reading too.

Have a good time everyone!