Hard to trust

Real or Not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up ! Wake up!" 

Kyuhyun stirred awake at the sing song boyish voice. "Alec?" He opened his eyes with difficulty against the seemingly bright lights, his head throbbed in pain. With the pale ceiling of the room coming into his view, he recalled how Donghae betrayed him. The man who he had helped stay alive, helped set free from his confinement, had drugged him. 

Dazed, Kyuhyun wondered why was he lying comfortably on the soft bed. He sat up, trying to gain his equilibrium, and looked around. Before he could question where Donghae was, Alec spoke again.

"It's been quiet an interesting day, Kyuhyun!" 

"What are you so cheery about?" Kyuhyun snapped, annoyed at the glee in his voice. He peeked into the bathroom, wondering if the two faced man was inside, but there was no one there. He held his head, cursing the man responsible for it as Alec continued speaking.

"While you took an extended rest, Donghae had all the fun alone."  Alec sighed, "Can't blame him. Anyone would want to do this and take credit for it."

Kyuhyun scoffed, "What? So now people are taking pride in spiking others drinks. I thought we had something going on. A partnership!" Kyuhyun paced inside the room, thinking he should never trust anyone again. 

___

 

Few hours ago

Donghae's senses immediately perked up upon seeing the state Kyuhyun was in. The tall chatter box had fell into a laughing fit before collapsing unconcious. Donghae straight away covered his nose with the crook of his elbow and examined the living room.

He had woken up far earlier than Kyuhyun, since he couldn't fall asleep well. Every time he closed his eyes a sense of dread swallowed him, making it difficult to even lie on the bed. So he had been in the living room a couple of times, wandering, spending his time and didn't see or felt anything strange until the incessant alarm rang.

Donghae wondered if something was released in the air, some kind of laughing gas, that rendered Kyuhyun unconscious.

He didn't have much time to ponder and inspect, because the unlocked door was kicked open by a masked man dressed in black. Donghae immediately flung the wood at the fireplace in the intruders direction, aiming for his head. The intruder swiftly moved out of his way and threw punches back at Donghae.

Donghae dodged the punches, moving towards the kitchen, getting close to the set of utensils he could use for defense. He picked up a metal plate and swung it at the masked man, hitting him in the neck. The intruder buckled on the ground after receiving a couple of blows, but not before landing some heavy hits on Donghae.

Seeing the collapsed stranger, Donghae kicked him to see if he would move, but there was no response. He gingerly sat down, feeling the cut on his abdomen throb in pain and reached out to check the person's vitals. As soon as he touched the man's neck a click sound echoed and the body instantly disappeared into thin air.

Donghae sat down, resting his back against the kitchen counter, eyes vacantly staring at the open door. The wind blew the snow indoors, falling at the threshold and slowly filled the warm premise with cold air. Donghae's gaze lingered over to Kyuhyun's prone body. 'He is important' Donghae thought.

He walked over to Kyuhyun's body after closing the door shut and blocking it with a spare chair. He considered putting Kyuhyun over his shoulder, but the unconcious person was too tall for him. Donghae picked up Kyuhyun in his arms after struggling and then laid him on the bed.

The morning that had brought an unexpected surprise in the form of an intruder didn't stop at one. All the while Kyuhyun was unconscious throughout the day, Donghae fought numerous intruders that suddenly emerged out of thin air in the house. They always seemed to be in the living room trying to move further ahead towards the bedroom but Donghae managed to incapacitate them. The once fairly furnished room now looked like a mess of broken furniture after the numerous brawl with the masked men.

Donghae knelt beside yet another intruder he had defeated and touched it's neck, watching it disappear in front of his eyes. He sighed and stood up from the pieces of broken vase that he had fallen on and walked cautiously towards the sofa. He gingerly sat on the sofa and waited for another one to show up.

After some quiet time, He craned his neck to see Kyuhyun still lying on the bed, amidst the fading light. He then rested his head against the sofa and closed his eyes, hoping for some rest.

He touched his finger tips and felt the bandaids that Kyuhyun had put on last night. He was grateful for the way Kyuhyun had helped him, though the first time was out of the need to escape, last night he had helped him voluntarily. He curved his lips up, in a small smile remembering the way Kyuhyun was so focused and worried while tending him. He has missed this. He clenched his fist shut, knuckles turning white, frustrated at being stuck in the never ending cycle.

Uneasiness settled in his heart at the thought of something happening to Kyuhyun. He cringed in pain, the fight had agitated his wounds and not being capable enough to ensure their safety and that they both succeed in completing the final mission was ticking at his nerves. He was glad that the intruder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter