Out of body, Out of mind

Real or Not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun's character reached behind the tied person to untie the blindfold. The white cloth covered in dust, was let loose after a tug and pull and hung across the person's neck. The man sitting under the fluroscent bulb, scrunched his eyes tight before fluttering them open, a muffled voice coming out of his tied mouth.

Kyuhyun saw the person shake his head, before he lifted it up, squinted his eyes shut tight and then blinked them open. The view in front of Kyuhyun was a closeup of the character on his screen and he found himself drawn to those eyes. There was something strange about those eyes, but he couldn't pinpoint. Was it the white bespoke that appeared for less then a milisecond or the way the pupils dilated and constricted with a orange flare in them?

Kyuhyun tapped some keys again to move his character ahead and abruptly a whiz of electricity passed his vision, followed by complete darkness. The paralyzing buzz spread from the tip of his fingers to the core of his body. He felt his entire body surging with electricity and also sensed a heavy shift in the air, making it hard to breath. He felt as if he was loosing his sense of equilibrium, as his world tilted and he fell on his side with a loud thud.

Kyuhyun fell heavily on the cemented floor with his eyes clenched shut because of the sudden pain. He sensed something was not right, something was weird. Very weird.

Kyuhyun felt his limbs being on pins and needles as he pushed himself off of the unfamiliar floor. Since when did his bedroom have an industrial floor, he wondered, that too covered in thick layers of dust instead of marble titles.

The scene that welcomed Kyuhyun's sight took his breath away, literally. Kyuhyun took steps back, walking away from what was in front of him. His steps faltered and in his haste to get away he stumbled and fell down again, not being able to take his eyes away from the person in front of him.

"No. No. This can't be real." Kyuhyun mumbled as he crawled to the door backwards, boots scraping against the floor, still staring at the tied person. The sudden change from the comfort of his warm house to the freezing dark unit made Kyuhyun speechless, unable to understand why the character from the game is physically in front of him.

The person tied to the chair struggled against his bindings, veins bulging on his forehead and neck, his panicked eyes, those hypnotic eyes that Kyuhyun couldn't ignore, asking for help. The person whimpered against the gag on his mouth, blood starting to stain the cloth as he moved his mouth. He strained to free his arms that were tied behind the chair, the sound of clothes ruffling echoed. The man choked on tears, clearly unable to even move his legs that were tied to the chair.

Kyuhyun froze when his back hit the wall. His eyes quickly darted around the room he was in. "How is this possible?" He whispered, unable to comprehend why he is inside the game he was playing just a moment ago.

His attention was brought back by the muffled scream of the person, the red stain on the cloth widened. Kyuhyun noticed that the man had hung his head down, hair covering his face and was struggling against the bounds, intermittently screaming in muffled distressed voice.

"Ah", Kyuhyun got to his feet and quickly moved to free him.

This is what he was supposed to do in the game - save someone. He knelt beside the person and worked on untieing the ropes restraining his hands. Kyuhyun moved to open the ropes tied around both his legs. As soon as his hands were freed, the man reached behind his own head and untied the mouth gag, heaving pained sighs. The corners of his lips were cut open by the restraint and were smeared with blood. He patted the wound on his lips with the same cloth that was used, in his breath as he pressed the wound.

"Wha-what does this mean? What is this?" Kyuhyun asked as he looked up from where he was seated to meet the man's gaze whose head was lowered, the cloth pressed against his lips. Kyuhyun noticed that like him, his face was etched with confusion, his brows knitted, maybe in pain or confusion, or maybe both. 

Kyuhyun stood up and backed away to have a better look. "Are you ok?" He asked despite knowing the obvious answer. The man cradled his hands in front of his body, rubbing his sore wrists that were marred red with bruises. He looked around the decrepit room they were in, his eyes scanning the area, ignoring Kyuhyun who had helped him.

He walked past Kyuhyun, limping hurriedly as he moved to inspect for any way out of the room they were trapped in. He tried to open the shutter via the switches on the wall but nothing happened. He frantically turned the knob of the door on the opposite side of the room but failed to open it too.

"Hey I am talking to you", Kyuhyun spoke out when the person he had just freed ignored him. "Explain to me what does all this mean."

"I was supposed to save someone in a game - a freaking video game." Kyuhyun was aghast with disbelief, voice cracking due to intense emotions. He patted his own body, feeling the unfamiliar attire he was wearing and frowned, "The damn thing didn't even have a proper introduction."

When Kyuhyun noticed that the man had his back to him all the while he ranted, he yanked him back, grabbing him by his shoulder to make him face himself. "Who are you?" Kyuhyun noticed that the person in front of him was a head shorter than him, with swollen lips cut at corner, thankfully not bleeding anymore.

The man shrugged Kyuhyun's hand away and stared at him with an uneasy expression. Kyuhyun noticed that the man was dressed in black trousers and dark blue shirt with sleeves rolled up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter