Grand Reunion

Dirty Little Secret

“Jae! Jae! Did you know, did you know? There are 8.7 million species of living creatures on this planet and yet even today we only gotten the tip of the iceberg!” the excited girl repeated from what she had learned in class with bright, exuberant eyes. “We know more about outer space than we do our own planet! All those mysterious creatures in the deep sea that we have never seen before! It’s so exciting!”

YoungJae laughed, patting her on the head, “If you’re so interested in that, you should have gone into research.”

“Aw, but they’re both so interesting! I want to be able to help animals, too…” she pouted, circling her foot on the ground.

“You could always try for a dual program,” JaeBum suggested with a shrug. “Do a VMD/PhD.”

She gasped in astonishment, “You can do that?”

JaeBum sighed, shaking his head hopelessly, “Oh, Child…so smart…yet so naïve…”

“JaeBum, leave her alone,” YoungJae scolded half-heartedly, knowing his sharp-tongue friend meant no harm (and knowing very well she wasn’t even listening to him anymore).

“Oh, Jae! I forgot to introduce you!”

Just as quickly as the thought dawned on her, she dragged the reluctant boy towards the stranger they saw talking to her.

“Jae! This is Kevin! He’s from the United States, but he came back for his family here! He’s really nice and…” she stopped suddenly and scratched her head, looking over at Kevin. “…are you in my class?”

“…we just spent six hours together, how do you not remember this?” Kevin questioned in exasperation. “Who is this?”

“Ah! This is Jae! Yoo YoungJae! He’s in his 2nd year in the College of Engineering and number one in his class! My most important person in the whole wide world! We’ve been together since we were kids! Well, we were together as kids and then we got separated but then we got back together and now we’re together together! He’s my boyfriend! Isn’t he smart?! You wanna see the necklace we made together when we were kids?!” She spoke with such childlike enthusiasm that the poor boy had no choice but to say yes.

“Yo, Kim KaeYeon, I think you’ve already thoroughly stomped all over the poor kid’s hopes of getting in your pants,” JaeBum laughed, finding this all too funny. “No need to rub it in his face more than you already have.”

KaeYeon cocked her head as YoungJae kicked a small rock at JaeBum’s head.

She turned to YoungJae and asked, “Why would Kevin want my pants?”

“I thought we agreed to ignore anything JaeBum said,” YoungJae answered with a glare at his still laughing friend despite the bruise he most definitely deserved. KaeYeon just nodded obediently, peering curiously as YoungJae threatened to kick JaeBum again.

“Come on, Kae!” YoungJae turned back and smiled. “Let’s go home.”

“Okay! I’ll be right there, Jae!” She turned to Kevin and waved cutely, “It was nice meeting you, Kevin! I hope you enjoy it here! See you tomorrow!”

Kevin couldn’t help but smile and wave back. He watched as KaeYeon ran after the pair and jumped on YoungJae’s back with a shake of his head.

“What a strange girl…”

~

JongUp stared intensely forward, sweat dripping down his face as he swallowed nervously. Right across from him, his adversary, the giant magnae of B.A.P, looked just as anxious, fists clenching and unclenching every few moments.

“Let’s get this over with,” JongUp announced.

“Only one of us can be the winner, JongUppie-hyung,” JunHong agreed.

Simultaneously, the two threw their fists at each other.

“THE ONE THAT DOESN’T THROW SOMETHING LOSES!”

JongUp smiled brightly as JunHong whined.

“Rock beats scissors!” the older of the two cheered as he gently knocked his rock on top of JunHong’s fingers.

“Two out of three!” the younger called out.

“No way, JunHongie. I won fair and square. It’s your turn to take out the trash out,” JongUp stated, being as firm as he could against the magnae’s puppy dog look. With a sigh of defeat, JunHong grabbed the trashcan in the café to the kitchen.

“Lost this time?” chuckled DaeHyun as he packed away the ingredients properly. JunHong just stuck his tongue at DaeHyun rather than answering. The little devil cackled as he ran out when DaeHyun threatened to smack him.

Suddenly, the bell on top of their door rang.

“Pardon me, but we’re clo-oh!” DaeHyun heard JongUp’s soft voice from outside.

“Uppie!” cheered a familiar voice as the sound of a body hitting the floor followed.

“Kae, I think you’re gonna break his back if you keep jumping him like that.”

“Well if it isn’t the Three Troublemakers,” DaeHyun smirked as he entered the premise to witness KaeYeon hugging poor JongUp, who rubbed his abused head, with YoungJae and JaeBum just watching them.

“Hyunnie!” KaeYeon cried in glee as she bounded up to tackle DaeHyun, who was more than happy to embrace the childish girl. Just as quickly as she got up, she ran off in search of the other residents of the little café.

“I see she had a good day?” DaeHyun inquired rhetorically.

“Oh, it was definitely a good day,” JaeBum snickered, earning him a glare from YoungJae to be quiet, still clearly a bit bitter about KaeYeon’s new friend.

“Ah, we actually ran into a few people on the way here,” YoungJae informed with a smile.

“Yah! Yoo YoungJae! Didn’t I tell you not to let your girlfriend off her leash?!” HimChan’s voice ran out from down the hall. Their hyung appeared with said girlfriend attached firmly to his back.

“Mmm, I could, but she’s always so excited to see you, Hyung,” YoungJae shrugged innocently, pretending he wasn’t the one that sent KaeYeon to annoy him.

“You-” HimChan was about to threaten the impudent brainiac only to stop himself at the familiar faces. “Oh, Infinite!”

The members of Infinite entered the humble café with much sophistication; each dressed a bit too fancy for the modest atmosphere. Despite their clear class difference, the two groups mingled enthusiastically like old friends. With all the commotion going on, YongGuk and JiEun finally emerged from hiding to greet everyone.

“YongGuk, long time no see,” SungKyu called out, walking over to the pair. The two leaders exchanged a brief hug.

“Likewise, SungKyu-hyung,” YongGuk agreed before turning around and putting his arm around JiEun. “I know you’ve met JiEun but allow me to formally introduce my wife, Song JiEun.”

JiEun pushed YongGuk lightly for his formalities.

“Must you always be so formal, YongGukkie?” JiEun joked before smiling brightly and turning to SungKyu. “It’s great to see you again, SungKyu-sshi. I’m sorry about my husband. I can’t tell if he’s showing off or just that old-fashioned.”

SungKyu laughed, shaking hands with JiEun, “Nothing wrong with either of them. Ah, let me introduce my fiancée, Choi Hee-”

“Yah! Lee SungYeol! I’m going to kick your ! Who gave you permission to go through my bag?!” echoed a loud, angry voice followed by SungYeol’s girlish scream and a spew of apologies and excuses from the terrified one.

“-Kyung.”

“Charming,” YongGuk chuckled. SungKyu excused himself to save his friend from being torn apart by HeeKyung.

Not far off, HimChan and WooHyun were in a staring contest. It seemed like something intense was going to happen until Bekah smacked WooHyun on the head.

“Would you quit it? You look retarded,” she informed with a roll of her eyes. “What are you doing anyways?”

“I’m admiring my competition,” WooHyun stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Anyone can tell that HimChan-hyung is one of the most amazing people in the world. Bekah! Look at him! He’s gorgeous! He’s funny! He’s smart! Aish, is there no one better than my wonderful HimChan-hyung?!”

Bekah stared at her boyfriend with half-lidded give-me-a-ing-break eyes while shaking her head in shame. Why was she dating this kid again? Oi…

“My dear WooHyun, your words are my fuel to be the best I can be,” HimChan gasped dramatically as he placed a hand over his face and sniffled, faking a few tears. “But dear friend! You are of equal beauty! A body made by Gods! A beautiful girlfriend! And all the money in the world!”

“HimChan-hyung! To hear such praise from your mouth! It is an honor!” WooHyun thanked with a gracious bow.

“…and this is why YOU don’t have a girlfriend,” Bekah coldly stated, pointing at HimChan before sticking her finger into WooHyun’s chest. “…and why YOU’RE about to lose yours.”

Like the drama queen that he is, WooHyun clutched the spot Bekah had poked him and began making choking noises while falling to his knees and reaching a shaking hand out to her.

“M-m-my love…your…your words…wound me more than bullets!” WooHyun screamed as he fell over.

“WOOHYUN!” HimChan called out, rushing to his side and lifting him up as if he was dying. “Hold on! You’ll be okay! Everything will be okay! DON’T GO INTO THE LIGHT!”

“When you’re done with your bromance, I’ll be over there. Far away from you.”

 As the two laughed and shared a high five, DaeHyun was rushing back and forth in the kitchen by himself, preparing tea and cake for the many guests outside past normal hours. Where were JongUp and JunHong? They would usually be in here helping him out when things got busy. And things are really busy right now since he had put everything away earlier.

“Boo!”

DaeHyun nearly dropped the pot of hot water at the voice. Thankfully, he was near a ledge and basically threw the pot on the edge with a THUD. He let out the breath that he was holding in relief.

“EunWoo…” he called out with a glare, scolding her with a tone usually used on a small child.

 “Oops~” EunWoo giggled, sticking her tongue out. “My fault~”

“Where’s JongUp and JunHong?” DaeHyun asked as he poured the hot water into the teapot. She grabbed an apron and tied it around her waist.

“They’re playing Ultimate Ninja with DongWoo-oppa, MyungSoo-oppa, and SungJongie,” she informed (in which DaeHyun rolled his eyes at, some help they were) while taking the tray of tea from him with a smile. “So I came in here to help you!”

He smiled back and kissed her on the cheek before rushing off to prepare some fresh cake.

“Thanks, Jagiya.”

 Despite the small gesture, EunWoo still blushed happily and went out to serve the tea.

When the cake finally finished baking, DaeHyun just did a simple decoration for palatability so it was ready to serve than taking the time to make it look pretty. He brought the cake out and placed it at one of the tables with a knife and all the necessary utensils so people could take a piece as they pleased. As he turned around, his eye twitched in annoyance at the sight of SungYeol blatantly flirting with EunWoo, who seemed very uncomfortable with his actions yet not forceful enough to get him off.

“Hyung, I’m going to ask kindly that you get off my girlfriend or I’ll beat you…gently into a pulp,” DaeHyun threatened calmly through his gritted teeth as he grabbed EunWoo away from SungYeol, who proceeded to scream like a girl and claim that he’s too pretty to be beaten into a pulp.

Bekah groaned as she massaged her head, “Oh god, don’t these guys ever grow up…”

“Bekah-unnie!” EunWoo called out to the self-exiled girl. Despite her grumpy expression while she was with WooHyun, her face lit up at the sight of the younger girl and gave EunWoo an affectionate hug.

“How are classes going?” she asked while thanking her for the cake. EunWoo pouted at the mention of classes.

“They’re so hard!” EunWoo whined as she sighed. “I’ve never really been that good at school, but I really want to be a nurse, so I’m trying my best.”

Bekah laughed and pumped her fist.

“That’s the spirit! When you put your mind to it, you can definitely do it!”

“It…also helps that DaeHyunnie is very supportive,” EunWoo giggled shyly as she watched her boyfriend wander off to join the two Jaes with their mischief.

“Yes, having a supportive boyfriend is a wonderful thing,” Bekah agreed while glaring at WooHyun. “I just wish MINE wasn’t such a freaking idiot.”

EunWoo chuckled, patting her friend on the back, “WooHyun-oppa is…special! I’m sure he’s always there when you need him.”

Bekah smiled as she reminisced on the nights WooHyun would hug her to sleep because she woke up with a nightmare about her deceased twin brother.

“Yeah, he is.”

“Oh, HoWon-oppa…still hasn’t come back?” EunWoo realized.

Bekah nodded.

“He’ll probably be back soon.”

“Unnie…”

“Hmm?”

“It’s really…been five years already?”

“Mmm…amazing how fast time flies sometimes…”

EunWoo frowned.

“Sweetie? What’s wrong?”

“DaeHyun still has nightmares…he won’t tell me but…I think I know what they’re about,” EunWoo smiled sadly as she played with the bracelet he got her for their third anniversary while watching him laugh happily. “…since he gets them around the same time each year…with DaeHee gone…”

Bekah stared sympathetically at EunWoo, knowing the feeling of uselessness when your boyfriend hides things.

“I’m sure…he’ll open up eventually.”

~

“EunWoo!”

She yawned as she greeted her classmates.

“Are you okay? You look exhausted…”

With a reassuring smile, she told her friends that she was fine and to go on ahead. Reluctantly, they promised to save her a seat in class and rushed away. Once they were gone, she lost her smile and shook her head in an attempt to wake herself up. DaeHyun had another nightmare and it had taken forever to calm him down last night. She would only hope that she could stay awake in class.

Her barrage of yawns guaranteed her that wasn’t happening. So the girl had no choice but to go get herself a cup of coffee. While doing so, she noticed a blind woman walking around with her seeing-eye dog. There wasn’t anything strange about the sight, but something about that dog seemed awfully familiar…EunWoo couldn’t quite put her finger on it and thought nothing more of it as the coffee machine had finished making her coffee.

Just as she picked up the cup, she observed an off-looking young man with an unnerving look in his eyes. What was even more concerning was the loose shape of a gun he seemed to be clutching in his pocket.

Bravely, EunWoo walked up to him and smiled kindly.

“Excuse me, sir? But you seem a little unwell. May I help you to the health center?” she offered quietly.

Her heart nearly stopped at his response.

“You can help me by dying.”

With a gasp, she saw the man pull out his gun at her.

But he never got a chance to pull the trigger as the dog she saw from earlier leaped forward and bit him in the wrist, forcing him to drop his gun. The “blind” woman followed after kicking him in the back and pinning him to the ground with both wrists on his back. She handcuffed the insane man with a pair she pulled out of her pocket. A sigh of relief escaped before turning to EunWoo with a smirk.

“You reaaaaally make it a habit of finding yourself some trouble, don’t you, Go EunWoo?” chuckled an all too familiar voice as she pulled her disguise off.

EunWoo gasped in rapturous surprise as she ran over and hugged her savior, who expected the reaction and more than willingly returned the gesture.

“DaeHee! You’re back!”

 

=====================================================================

 

OHOHOHOHO. I HAD YOU ALL GOING THERE FOR A SECOND, DIDN’T I?

It’s chapter 50 guys…;______; There’s probably 1 or maybe 2 chapters left.

Longest story I have ever written and probably will ever write. /feels too attached to her characters to let them go/

~Kira :3

P.S. These chapters have gotten longer because I might be getting a little too excited.

P.P.S. SURPRISE, KYOUNGIE! ^ ^~