Horrific Accident

Dirty Little Secret

“YoungJae! DaeHee!” YongGuk called out as he rushed forward, disregarding the last few gunmen completely. The rest of Infinite followed to help HoWon with Arcane, otherwise known as InSu.

JiEun glared at one of them that actually dared to raise his gun at YongGuk, halting his attack with a warning shot in his shoulder. HaNa laughed, walking up to her best friend and throwing her arm over her shoulder.

“Better put your guns down, boys. This little girly here will kill you without blinking if you even so much as LOOK at her boy with bad intent,” chuckled the older girl.

JiEun pouted at her while whispering, “HaNa…can you not say these things out loud?”

“Why? Is JiEunnie getting embarrassed?” HaNa teased, pinching JiEun’s cheek.

“HaNaaaaa~!”

HimChan removed the gun from one of the other enemies’ hold with a smirk. “I don’t think you’ll be needing this anymore.”

“Hyung, is it okay if I take this? These are really dangerous, you know? YongGukie-hyung always tells me to be careful when I’m walking around with a gun in my hand,” JongUp lectured softly as he took the gun from another while twisting his arm behind the man’s back casually (disregarding his screams of pain).

As YongGuk went to check on DaeHee, Kae slowly helped YoungJae up.

“Thanks,” smiled YoungJae, causing Kae to look down. “…Kae?”

“…I’m sorry…Jae…”

His eyes widened when he saw tears stream down her eyes.

“Kae…it’s okay…I know it hurt but your Appa-”

She shook her head. “No…I’m sorry…for hurting you…I’m sorry you almost died because of me…again…I’m sorry, Jae…please don’t hate me…please…if I…don’t have Jae…I won’t have anything again…”

YoungJae stared with sympathetic yet pained eyes at Kae as she cried, covering her eyes with her fists like a child. Memories of a quiet, young girl that refused to cry in front of anyone but himself flashed through the back of his mind. With a sigh, he pulled her into a reassuring hug with his right arm, holding her closely as he patted the back of her head.

“It’s okay, Kae…it’s okay…I don’t hate you. I could never hate you,” he cooed quietly as he rested his head on hers. He smiled warmly as he felt her sobs slowly becoming quieter. “I promise I won’t leave you alone again…you’re safe now.”

Kae wiped her tears and helped YoungJae back over to the rest of B.A.P and Secret.

“Hyung! Are you okay?” SungYeol asked as he checked HoWon for injuries.

“I’m fine, SungYeol…thanks for backing me up, guys. Hopefully things weren’t too dangerous on your parts?” HoWon wondered.

WooHyun laughed as he waved the papers in his hands back and forth, “You should thank yourself for knowing Arcane’s weakness and Bekah for bringing all these over.”

HoWon frowned as he stared at the back of his surprisingly silent captive.

“I hid all that information in the first place because this isn’t something I’m proud of…”

“DaeHyun! You shouldn’t be moving!” EunWoo cried out as he forced himself onto his feet and limped towards DaeHee. Every time she tried to stop him, he threw her hands away from him. Relenting, EunWoo placed DaeHyun’s arm over her neck as a support for his injured leg. She looked over, curious as to why he looked so scared. The danger was over…they caught Arcane…the mass murderer was dead…what could be scaring DaeHyun so much?

“DaeHee…”

EunWoo followed his focused eyes to his twin sister, who was helped up by YongGuk. DaeHee’s head lifted up as she marched forward towards DaeHyun with an odd look in her eye.

“DaeHee…please…let me expl-”

SMACK.

Silence in the room as DaeHyun sported a bright handprint on his face. He was much too shocked by her immediate response to continue his previous statement. Her short, shaking pants were evidence of her tears as DaeHyun couldn’t lift his head back up to look her in the eyes at the moment.

“What…did you do to me?” DaeHee finally asked through her tears. “No…it couldn’t have been you…the better question is what have you been hiding from me all this time…Jung DaeHyun…please tell me why I have BLOODBOTS in my body!”

“DaeHee-sshi…calm down please…I’m sure DaeHyun-sshi had a good reason to hide it from you,” EunWoo tried to pacify a little as she felt the tense DaeHyun in her arm.

“I DON’T WANT THEM! I DON’T WANT THEM! DAEHYUN, YOU TRAITOR,” she screamed in agony as her hands flew at her own body, clawing desperately in a feeble attempt to rid herself of the accursed things. YongGuk was immediately beside her, throwing his arms around her to stop DaeHee from anymore self harm. “I DON’T WANT THEM! I DON’T WANT THEM! PLEASE DON’T LET THEM BE IN MY BODY. PLEASE TAKE THEM OUT! I DON’T WANT THEM!”

YongGuk closed his eyes as he felt her nails draw blood on his arms as she flailed in madness.

“Because I couldn’t let you die.”

DaeHee finally quieted down to hear what DaeHyun had to say. Her eyes shook in a mixture of fury, anguish, betrayal, and pure pain.

“That…must have been what our parents thought, too…after your accident.”

He swallowed nervously as he finally gathered the courage to lift his head up to her. All anger had dissipated at his last words, but she was still in shock for seconds before she finally understood what he meant.

“I…have been dead…for…years now…” DaeHee mumbled as she lost all the strength in her body. Thankfully, YongGuk was holding her up, so she didn’t collapse on the floor. HoWon handed InSu over to the rest of Infinite before bolting over to DaeHee to see if she was okay.

“What accident? What are you talking about?” EunWoo questioned, looking over at YongGuk.

“I…don’t know…actually…” YongGuk answered, glaring at DaeHyun to answer the question.

DaeHyun bit his lip.

“DaeHee was…we…were in an accident…a few years before our parents died…when we were still just…normal kids. Before our lives changed…” DaeHyun started out with a quivering voice as his mind was forced to relive the events that occurred. “We were taking a taxi back home from a friend’s party. Another car speeding through an intersection crashed into the side that DaeHee was sitting on. Thankfully, both of us were sitting in the back or DaeHee would have probably died instantly, but the full impact severely injured her. I remember…all the blood…there was so much blood everywhere…I-I didn’t know if she…if she was still alive…with all the blood…everywhere. And oh gosh…you were anemic, too.”

DaeHyun looked up at DaeHee with fear shining in his eyes as images of a bloody, dying DaeHee flooded his memories. She swallowed, hands unconsciously reaching for her neck.

“It was a miracle…that you…had even made it to the hospital, but they didn’t have your blood type in stock for an immediate transfusion. When our parents got to the hospital, you were running out of time. I…heard them arguing…over something…whether they wanted to risk it or not…I didn’t understand back then…but I remember hearing them mention bloodbots…and how you were going to die if they didn’t do anything. They-” DaeHyun stopped as DaeHee flew into his chest. EunWoo pulled away, allowing DaeHee to support her brother.

“Stop…I don’t…want to hear it anymore,” DaeHee whimpered out, figuring the rest of the story from what had already been said.

“…they turned them off…after you recovered…the doctors just considered it a miracle…they were amazed, but reasoned that a person’s will to survive can be astounding sometimes…” DaeHyun finished as he clung onto her. “They were undetectable unless someone got a sample of your blood…until I turned them on a few days ago…I was…worried something like this would happen. And then, I understood…why our parents did it.”

“I shouldn’t be alive,” DaeHee muttered.

“DaeHee…please don’t say that…”

“But…DaeHyun…I don’t deserve to live…everything that’s happened…it’s because of me,” she whimpered out with a shaky voice as she hugged herself. “The things…our parents died for…are inside me. The number of people…that died for this…no…it’s all wrong…the work…our parents’ work…we were supposed to protect their research from being lost but not…”

Her head flew up as her eyes widened in realization. “You…you wanted to burn all their research because you knew…you knew they were in me, but why did our parents give us all their work to protect if you knew?”

“Because I never told them,” he answered, staring at the floor. “…because they never knew that I had overheard them…or see them inject you with a sample…”

DaeHee’s hand ghosted over DaeHyun’s injured leg as her eyes watered, unable to physically see the drawing on DaeHyun’s leg but well aware of what it was.

“Then the…blueprint…you…you tattooed on yourself…oh god, DaeHyun…from the papers! I ruined you! You tattooed yourself for me…to keep our parents’ research alive…and you didn’t-”

“DaeHee…”

“No! DaeHyun, everything is wrong!” DaeHee panicked as she pulled away from DaeHyun. EunWoo was right up against him before he could fall on the floor as DaeHee backed away from everyone shaking her head. “I SHOULD HAVE JUST DIED IN THE CAR CRASH! Just because of that-that car crash! Our parents wouldn’t have died protecting me! You didn’t have to scream in pain for hours on end to print that on your leg! No one would have…no one would have had to suffer so much!”

“DaeHee! Please come back to your senses! It’s not your fault! Our parents had been working on the bloodbots long before the car crash!” DaeHyun tried to reason but he knew she was beyond listening to words. This was what DaeHyun feared the most. This was why he never told her. Because he knew she wouldn’t be able to handle it. He had been willing to do anything, even if it meant marring his skin with his own hands. He willing did so for his twin, who had suffered so.

“DAEHEE!”

She screamed, pulling at her hair, unable to hear anything but her own self-condemning thoughts. DaeHyun timidly reached out to her, only to have her pull away, shaking her head. Frozen by her reaction, he could only stare in helpless torment. As she backed up, HoWon charged forward, wrapping his arms tightly around her body. She flailed desperately trying to get out of his hold, demanding to be let go.

 “It doesn’t matter,” HoWon muttered as he tightened his grip on the squirming DaeHee, nuzzling his face into her neck in an attempt to calm her down. His action effectively caused her to stiffen. “As long as you’re alive…it doesn’t matter as long as you keep living. You can’t change the past, so just don’t think about it and keep moving forward. That’s the best thing you can do…for those that passed away.”

Achieving enough piece of mind that she was no longer flailing like a madman, DaeHee slowly turned to HoWon while panting heavily. He smiled down at her as his head naturally began to move in to kiss her.

 “I…would have to disagree.”

DaeHee’s world came crashing down at the voice, throwing HoWon (literally) off of her. Swallowing, she nervously turned to meet the newcomer of the voice.

“JaeBum…”

He smirked as he cocked his head up at her.

“Have you been well, Eve?”

 

=====================================================================

 

Note: JaeBum is referring to Adam and Eve when he calls DaeHee “Eve,” comparing her past to the biblical tale. …in other words, JaeBum’s being an .

I really think this is going to hit 50 chapters…holy crap…x____X

Let’s go!

~Kira :3

P.S. I hate YoungJae.

P.P.S. #StayStrongBlockB