Past Experiences

Dirty Little Secret

YongGuk slowly opened his eyes. He lifted his head up from JiEun’s head, which was resting on his shoulder. Both of them had dozed off for a bit while waiting outside the emergency room. With sleepy eyes, he scanned the room left and right, checking on the rest of s. His grip on the gun in his jacket (that he had been holding onto the whole time while he was napping) tightened as his eyes narrowed.

He placed his hand on JiEun’s head as he eyed HimChan, DaeHyun, and JongUp. The other three were clearly just as edgy as he was despite their calm appearance. DaeHyun slowly s his arm behind the sleeping EunWoo’s waist as he waited for YongGuk’s signal. JiEun woke up from YongGuk’s slight fidgeting. One look at the alert expression on his face had her reaching for her own gun strapped to her leg.

“Already?” she whined sleepily.

YongGuk chuckled, “You can go back to sleep if you’d like.”

“And miss out on the action?” she smiled as she climbed into his lap, snaking her arm behind his neck as she peered over his shoulder.

“Fat chance.”

In perfect synchronization, YongGuk and JiEun shot in opposing directions at the approximate position of the enemies to push them back for just a moment.

Immediately, HimChan and JongUp knocked over the couches to create barriers for cover while DaeHyun picked EunWoo up and jumped behind them. YongGuk did the same with JiEun after they fired their warning shot.

“Approximation?” YongGuk asked as an unrelenting barrage of bullets hit the barriers they made.

“Not many,” HimChan informed as he prepared his gun. “From my angle, I saw about two.”

“Three, but I think one of them is the same one HimChan-hyung saw.”

“Only one from my view,” DaeHyun reported as he rubbed EunWoo’s back to calm her down from the abrupt wake-up call of death.

“Good, I saw two, so this should be easy,” YongGuk predicted as JiEun nodded.

DaeHyun pushed EunWoo down under him and commanded, “Stay down no matter what, okay?”

She nodded timidly, wincing every time she felt the bullets ricocheted off the barrier behind her.

“AH !”

EunWoo jumped at HimChan’s scream and looked over at the second oldest.

“Hyung, are you okay?” JongUp asked in concern as he tried to shoot and check on HimChan at the same time.

“Yeah…I’m okay…but I lost my gun. !” HimChan cursed as he shook his hand.

“Hyung, I’m running out of bullets, too!” JongUp called out. YongGuk cursed, taking out the mirror in HimChan’s pocket to check how many enemies were in front and behind them.

“Running towards 8 o’clock once the bomb goes off!” he instructed as he took out a smoke bomb while still firing in front of them. JiEun and DaeHyun turned the opposite direction and fired at the enemies behind them in the way of their escape route. YongGuk took out the pin with his teeth and threw the smoke bomb in front of them. Once JongUp ran out of bullets, he took out his brass knuckles and charged forward in strides while JiEun and DaeHyun followed behind, covering him. YongGuk grabbed EunWoo’s arm and pushed her in front of him as he kept his eyes behind them to make sure none of the enemies in front had managed to charge out of the smoke yet.

“It’s clear!” JongUp informed with a bright smile despite the fact that there was blood splattered on his face.

“Let’s go!” YongGuk commanded. DaeHyun grabbed EunWoo’s hand and pulled her towards him.

“We need to regroup!” HimChan advised as he tried to call YoungJae and DaeHee. “, where did those two go?!”

“D-DaeHyun! What about JunHongie?” EunWoo asked, worry etched in her voice. DaeHyun froze at the thought. They wouldn’t go after their injured magnae, would they? Would they really stoop that low?

He didn’t want to take that chance.

It was his fault JunHong was hurt; he wasn’t going to lose his dongsaeng.

“DAEHYUN!” HimChan screamed as DaeHyun turned back towards the dangerous area they came out of.

JiEun pulled out her gun and fired it at DaeHyun, hitting him in the shoulder. He grunted in pain of the impact and collapsed onto his knees.

“DaeHyun-sshi!” EunWoo called out, rushing forward to catch him before he fell on the ground.

“Noona…”

JiEun smiled at JongUp, “Don’t worry. It’s just a sedative. We can’t have DaeHyunnie bolting towards a massive line of fire like a maniac now, can we?”

YongGuk sighed in relief as JongUp ran over to carry DaeHyun on his back.

“Come on. We need to keep moving before those guys behind us catch up,” JiEun suggested as she contacted the rest of the Secret members to mobilize.

“WHERE THE ARE YOUNGJAE AND DAEHEE?!” HimChan roared in frustration.

EunWoo looked back, hoping JunHong would be okay.

~

Pant, pant, pant.

YoungJae cursed under his breath as he held onto the wound on his left arm in an attempt to keep the bleeding under control. How that girl was able to fight so well with a potentially fatal injury on her back was beyond him. Sure, his fighting ability might not be up to par as some of the other members, but he was far from useless, and yet this crazy girl still managed to slice a respectable gash, leaving his arm fairly immobile. She had purposely aimed for the most tender part of his arm. He ripped off his tattered sleeve to use as a makeshift bandage. With a sigh, he rested his head against the wall behind him.

“Mr. Tech Snob~” she sang in an almost innocent tone. “That wasn't a very nice of you to throw a smoke bomb in my face. Why don't you come out so we can play? I promise I won't bite~”

Click, click.

Her heels echoed closer and closer to YoungJae's hiding place. His heart raced three times the speed of her stride. When her footsteps stopped, so did his heart. It was as if she had control over his heartbeat.

“Found you~”

His eyes widened as his head flicked upwards to find a wide Cheshire grin bearing down at him like a young lion cub playing with its prey before eating the poor thing. Though there was a tiny part of him that was curious as to how she managed to get on the ceiling, he had more important matters on his hand like…surviving. He launched forward, crawling as fast as he could on all fours to avoid her as she lunged down onto him, landing with a thud on her hands and feet. As quickly as he could, he flew up to his feet and ran as fast as he could down the hallway. Like a cat, she remained crouched on her hands and feet while smirking devilishly at her escaped victim.

“Run while you can, Mr. Tech Snob~” she giggled as she jumped up and bounded forward after him. As if savoring the taste of the chase, she her lips before breaking out in a creepy grin. “Because once I catch you, you won’t be running any longer~”

She frowned when she lost sight of him. Where could he have gone? The hallway was bare, minus the doors leading to other rooms. With one of her head in confusion, the smile returned to her face as she felt the adrenaline rush of pursuing her prey.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are~” she called out in her sweet, angelic voice, perfected from years of deceiving others. It was obvious she wasn’t fooling him. But she could almost taste his fear. She knew with just her voice she could mess with his head.

“Mr~ Tech~ Snob~” she sang in an airy voice.

Creak.

Her ears perked at the sound. She turned her head to find one of the doors in the otherwise orderly hall cracked open just a smidge. A giggle like that of a crushing school girl escaped .

“Oh gee, I wonder why this door isn’t closed,” she announced as she walked through it. As she expected, a trap set off right as she opened the door. With fast reflexes, she sliced through the net that attempted to wrap itself around her from above. Her eyes darted around to room, expecting to be ambushed by YoungJae at any time.

“Seems the hunter became the hunted, huh?”

She stiffened at the feeling of the sharp object against her neck. There was no need to turn around to know that YoungJae was the one behind the weapon. She sighed in disappointment.

“I hate it when my prey gets sassy with me…” she grumbled childishly. “Fine, you win~”

He scoffed, annoyed by her lackadaisical nature. Just like the other members of B.A.P, he did not think lightly of killing, but it was clear from her skills and knowledge that he couldn’t just let her go. She was a serious danger to the whole operation and not cooperating with him when questioned (which seemed obvious since she was on the opposing side). As he was about to deliver the finishing blow, he noticed something on her neck. He stared at the marking with a strangely nostalgic feeling that he had seen it before somewhere.

A mistake on his part.

BOOM.

YoungJae gasped in pain as he felt his left side explode. The force of the impact caused him to fall on the floor, clutching his side to stop the pain and bleeding.

“Tch,” she clicked her tongue in irritation as she checked her glove for signs of malfunctions. “How disappointing, I thought it would have prepared a bigger bomb than that…”

He coughed while backing away from the ruthless assassin, pulling himself over as fast as possible with his right arm and pushing with his feet. Just a little bit longer…he needed to stall for a little bit longer to figure out why the markings on her neck were so familiar. They were very unique…black dots, most likely birth marks, like a Chevron along her neck line. Where had he seen that before?

“Any last words, Mr. Tech Snob?” she taunted as she pointed his own dagger at him with a satisfied smirk.

He stared up at her with wide eyes.

“…it can’t be…”

“I know…death is hard to accept, but it’ll be over before you know it,” she reassured with her sweet, caring voice.

“…Kae?”

She froze in her spot before she jabbed the dagger even closer at his face with a growl.

“Who are you and how do you know that name?!”

Despite the severe pain he was in, he laughed bitterly at her reaction and smiled sadly at her.

“To think…this is how we meet again…” She backed away cautiously at his pitiful eyes while keeping the dagger on him.

“…I thought you had died in the landslide.”

Ping.

The blade echoed through the otherwise silent area, wobbling a few times as she stared at him in disbelief.

“…J-Jae?”

=====================================================================

Umm…yeah.

 

/runs away again/

Why do I have so much work? T_______T

~Kira :3

P.S. VOTE FOR B.A.P IN MAMA AWARDS! :D

P.P.S. WHERE DID ALL MY READERS GO?! TT__________________TT PLEASE COMMENT! I'M SORRY! DON'T LEAVE ME! /pouts/