Catalytic Flashbacks

Dirty Little Secret

“Oh, JaeBum-hyung, look, there’s someone new here! Hi!”

 

“H-Hello…”

 

“Wah! You have a Busan accent! Are you from Busan? What part? Let’s be friends, let’s be friends!”

 

“Yah, JinYoung-ah, you’re scaring her. Stop being so creepy.”

 

“I’m not being creepy! I’m just being friendly! My name’s Park JinYoung and this is my hyung, Im JaeBum. Jr. and JB. We’re the JJ Project! What’s your name?”

 

“I…I’ve been told to be called MiMi…”

 

“Oh, MiMi’s a code name, right? What’s your real name?”

 

“…”

 

“JinYoung-ah, stop prying. If she was going to tell you her real name, she would have introduced herself that way. Come on, let’s go. We’re gonna be late for practice at this rate. Nice meeting you, MiMi.”

 

“Fine…oh, MiMi-sshi! You wanna come practice with us?”

 

“I…I’m not supposed to…I dunno…I…”

 

“JinYoung-ah!”

 

“Ah…Hyung’s getting mad…I’ll talk to you later, then? Nice meeting you, MiMi-sshi!”

 

“You…too…JinYoung-sshi…”

 

~

 

“MiMi-sshi! You came to watch us practice!”

 

“Oh, JJ Project, you’ve met MiMi already?”

 

“Neh, we happened to run into by chance…well…actually, JinYoung straight up harassed her.”

 

“I did not! I was just being nice!”

 

“Yes, yes.”

 

“I see…are you guys using the practice room? We can come back later if you are.”

 

“That’s okay. We’re just finishing up if you want to start warming up.”

 

“Thanks, JaeBum.”

 

“Yeah, no problem.”

 

“MiMi-sshi, you wanna see something cool?”

 

“Okay…”

 

MiMi gasped in astonishment as JinYoung cartwheeled across the floor in a series of round-offs, flips and turns before kicking the target at the end of the room. She clapped in awe, which caused JinYoung to rub the back of his neck shyly (even though his intention was to show off).

 

“That was awesome! Can you teach me how to do that?!”

 

“Neh?”

 

~

 

 “MiMi-noona~”

 

“Oh, JinYoungie~ are you here to practice? Where’s JaeBummie?”

 

“Nope~ Hyung is working with YoungJae-hyung on an invention. I got bored so  I just came to see you~ are you almost done?”

 

“Ah, YongGookie-oppa just gave us a little break but we still have another hour.”

 

“Wow…he sure is strict…haven’t you guys been practice since this morning…?”

 

“We have~ I’m so exhausted but YongGookie-oppa would never make us do something that’s bad for us, so I have to just endure it. Isn’t he so cool?”

 

“He’s not that cool…”

 

“Naw, is my JinYoungie jealous~?”

 

“…no…maybe…I mean…I’m just sick of you always talking about ‘YongGookie-oppa.’ It’s like you have a crush on him.”

 

“…”

 

“…you…you have a crush on YongGook-hyung?!”

 

“Shh! Be quiet! I never said I did!”

 

“That’s not fair!”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m so much cooler than him!”

 

“JinYoungie…”

 

“And…I…kind of…maybe…like you…”

 

“Neh?”

 

“I SAID I LIKE YOU, MIMI-NOONA!”

 

“…really?”

 

“…ah…I…didn’t mean to yell that out loud…I’m sorry! I…I take it back!”

 

“What? Why would you take a confession back?!”

 

“Because…you like YongGook already…so…”

 

“But…you didn’t give me a chance to answer…”

 

“Neh?”

 

“I like you too, JinYoungie.”

 

~

 

“MiMi-noona…there’s…something strange about this whole thing…I don’t trust him.”
 

“I’ll be fine, Jinnie. It’s just a quick meet up, so don’t worry, okay? I just need to get a bit more information from him.”

 

“I think he’s suspicious of you, Noona…at least let me go with you…”

 

“Aigo…you’re not gonna leave me alone unless I say yes, huh? Okay, but stay hidden and don’t interfere.”

 

~

 

“Are you sure there’s a sniper? I don’t see anyone around here.”

 

“Hyung! You know I’ve never been wrong about these things!”

 

“Okay, okay, calm down, JinYoung. I’ll look around-”

 

“JaeBum-hyung?”

 

“JinYoung…JinYoung, get MiMi out of there!”

 

~

 

“MIMI-NOONA, IT’S A TRAP!”

 

BANG.

 

“W…what…J…JinYoung? JINYOUNG-AH!”

 

“Mi…Mi-noona…are you…okay?”

 

“No…JinYoung-ah…why…why would you do something so stupid?! No…this can’t be happening! Please hang in there! I’ll call for an ambulance! Don’t move! Hello?! Please save him! He’s been shot and he’s dying! I-”

 

MiMi’s eyes widened when JinYoung pulled her down and kissed her on the lips, silencing her frantic cries into her cell phone. As he pulled away, he smiled sweetly up at her as he entwined his fingers with hers.

 

“I love you, MiMi.”

 

“JinYoung-ah, I love you too, so please don’t leave me!”

 

His smile faded as he closed his eyes. She was frozen in disbelief when his hand lost the strength to hold hers. He was right in front of her. He couldn’t be gone. He couldn’t just leave her like that.

 

“Hello? Miss? Are you still there? Where are you?” came the voice in the other line as MiMi dropped her phone.

 

The unbelievable reality finally settled in when he stopped moving. Tears slowly filled her eyes, blurring her vision of his eerily peaceful face. Her screams for him to open his eyes echoed helplessly into the air as she shook him back and forth. She refused to let go of his hand, yearning for an implausible miracle to bring him back to her.

 

“JINYOUNG-AH!”

 

~

 

My naivety cost me a life. A life that can never be replaced.

 

A life.

 

A love. 

 

I won’t make the same mistake.

 

I will trust no one and will not hesitate to kill.

 

That was the vow I made.

 

To protect myself.

 

To protect the people I love.

 

~

 

“Why are you disguised as ChaeRin, MiMi?”

 

I could see the sadness on his face without looking. It was abundantly clear from his voice.

 

My vicious stare would be my last warning to the girl in front of me.

 

She can find some other guy to stalk, but not DaeHyun.

 

He’s off-limits.

 

I turned to walk away and callously answered, “Reminder of a mistake you’re in danger of repeating.”

 

~

 

“MiMi.”

 

“Stop. I don’t want to hear it.”

 

“Please, let’s talk about this,” he begged, pulling me back by my elbow to stop me from stomping away. I whirled around, yanking my arm out of his hold, throwing him an incredulous glare.

 

“DaeHyun. I’m sick of this! Did you really forget what happened last time? Why are you being so careless now when we’re so close?!” I yelled in fury. For once, I couldn’t understand what was going on through his head.

 

“Me? Then what about you?! You don’t have any right to lecture me, MiMi!”

 

We stood there glowering at each other, neither of us willing to back down a millimeter.

 

“Mine is my assignment! How do you explain your problem?!”

 

“I just run into her by chance and there’s nothing going on between us. How do you explain YOUR problem?! What? Assignment? Do you normally kiss your ‘assignment’ until you have a bloody and bruised lip?!”

 

“AS A MATTER OF FACT, I DO!”

 

Our pointed stares softened at my outburst. DaeHyun’s eyes sympathetically gazed into my miserable ones.

 

“I hate it…I hate using my body for others to touch. It disgusts me…to pretend I’m okay with it. But I do it for B.A.P…for us…so we can get what we’re looking for…we’re so close, DaeHyun…”

 

He pulled me into a hug and buried his face in my neck.

 

“I’m sorry. Let’s keep running until the end. We won’t let anyone stop us.”

 

~

 

DaeHyun.

 

I’m sorry if I seem harsh.

 

Appearing before you as ChaeRin probably hurt you like a shot through the heart.

 

But I will do anything for you…

 

…because I won’t lose you too.

 

Even if it costs me my life.

 

I won’t let anyone take you away from me.

 

And anyone that tries…

 

 

 

 

 

I will kill them.

 

=====================================================================

 

*drum roll*

 

Only a week until DaeHyun’s birthday~ are you guys ready for an explosion? :)

 

~Kira :3

 

P.S. In case you didn’t know, DaeHyun’s birthday is 06/28/93. :3

 

P.S.S. DIRTY SECRETS ARE ABOUT TO BE REVEALED!

 

=====================================================================

 

-imhungry: LOL. I didn’t know having a ed up mind could be beautiful. :) Thank you, my ever so wonderful reader~ I KNOW! FIEWAJGOWAJG I have so many YongGook/JiEun feels and they should go out so they can live happily ever together and make beautiful musical babies. :D Yes, we all need a little breather before the next chapter that’s about to come…and this one…which was just depressing MiMi…>: DaeMi…has a lot of problems and are definitely not as sweet and adorable as YongGook/JiEun.

I will do my best not to disappoint you! >.< *gives cookies in thanks*

 

NazSamz: Please fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride~ it’s a bumpy road~ \O/ Everybody say~ YongJi! *chants*

 

corn-edmonkey: It’s so fluffy you could make a cloud that barfs rainbows for unicorns to slide down with it. Hahahaha, you are correct, I do like to give everyone a calm before the storm. :3 This one wasn’t even intentional. @___@ Okay, maybe it was. And yes, ‘MiHyun’ has moved out of the country with her parents. :P Which is why MiMi needs SunSun to give her a new disguise that doesn’t with time and space. XDDD DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO. O^O

 

hiikyoung: *spazzes with you and stands at the front of the first boat ready to attack if threatened* V-formation! Protect the YongJi ship! Even if it costs you your life!

 

mysteriousshadow: \O/ Welcome back! I’ve missed you. :( I agree completely! YongJi ftw. Everyone else are just haters sippin’ on their haterade~ :3

 

Yixicorn: Yes~ no one can resist the charm of YongJi~ they are a wonderful couple with such great chemistry~ I just want to put JiEun in my pocket because she’s so freaking cute and  sweet and beautiful and has an amazing voice. *gives YongJi a happy ending* As if I could give them a sad ending…

You should be. I did it because you were complaining. XDDD